OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

Just got Gali. Anyone got any good poses for her? Pictures would be nice. I'm having a hard time coming up with some since her trident is like almost twice as tall as her. 

Okay, got my Onua set today. Must say I am very impressed with it, but it has a few things that bug me (mainly with the head).

Pros:

• Ball joint on the gears is very welcome for posing
  • Shoulder pads adjust to leave room for arm movement
  • Figure feels solid and sturdy
  • Really nails the look of a physically strong character
  • PURPLE
  • Gears are pure nostalgia and make me happy

Cons:

• Neck is very awkward for posing
  • Gap above chest armour exposing neck and shoulder connection
  • Head looks a bit too small
  • Mask is a tad loose and pops off often due to above con

All in all though I very much like this figure.

You're supposed to bend his neck over horizontally so that his head is hunched over, that covers up the gap and makes the neck not look awkward too. The instructions don't show this though since they don't show the adjusted poses, but all the official pictures of Onua have his head hunched over.

Edited by hiddenderek
  • Upvote 1

When Gali's holding the trident, I prefer to have her in more static poses because of how large it is.  It looks like a strong weapon.

I find Adrenalin mode better for dynamic poses, because the small size of the harpoon makes it seem like a more agile weapon, and the fins give the impression that she's swimming.

• Upvote 1

OpAXNpl.jpg

When Gali's holding the trident, I prefer to have her in more static poses because of how large it is.  It looks like a strong weapon.

I find Adrenalin mode better for dynamic poses, because the small size of the harpoon makes it seem like a more agile weapon, and the fins give the impression that she's swimming.

Yeah, the only adrenalin mode I don't like for posing is Tahu's, his posing is kind of limited when his legs are on the lavaboard.

Just got Gali. Anyone got any good poses for her? Pictures would be nice. I'm having a hard time coming up with some since her trident is like almost twice as tall as her. 

Well, I have this pose but I don't think that's what you're looking for.

Thats pretty cool! I havent tried posing my toa in scenes against each other, might try to make some cool ones later.

Finally got the sets, and I must say, I'm pleasantly surprised. Lewa is a lot better than I thought, and I really liked him before I got him. The gears work quite well on all Toa we have so far, and although it won't be something I'll keep in place when revamping them, I do consider it to be a quite awesome feature. The new blasters are quite awesome as well, they really capture the awesomeness of the Cordak blasters, but they're so much more customizable than those big blasters.

The only thing that really annoys me is the eye-piece launch function. It's the only real downside I could find in these new sets, when you carry around a bunch of them, one or two quickly drop their mask. Although I can understand the playability factor in it, I honestly hope this is the first and last year we'll get these kind of leverage - eye pieces.

-Iben

pVcwLHX.png

"Unity, Duty, Destiny."

Finally got the sets, and I must say, I'm pleasantly surprised. Lewa is a lot better than I thought, and I really liked him before I got him. The gears work quite well on all Toa we have so far, and although it won't be something I'll keep in place when revamping them, I do consider it to be a quite awesome feature. The new blasters are quite awesome as well, they really capture the awesomeness of the Cordak blasters, but they're so much more customizable than those big blasters.

The only thing that really annoys me is the eye-piece launch function. It's the only real downside I could find in these new sets, when you carry around a bunch of them, one or two quickly drop their mask. Although I can understand the playability factor in it, I honestly hope this is the first and last year we'll get these kind of leverage - eye pieces.

-Iben

I find that if you don't carry the Toa by their heads, the masks will never pop off unless something hits them hard enough. One way of adjusting the head's position without accidentally losing the mask is to hold the mask by its sides, or by the front with two fingers in the back. If they get rid of the pop-off function, I just hope they don't get rid of the current head or mask connection, too. I like this mask connection too much, and I don't want to see Bionicle redesign the heads after only 1 year. I'm okay with them replacing the eyestalk piece, though. (But I wouldn't mind if it stayed around long enough to be made in more colors. :P )

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

You're supposed to bend his neck over horizontally so that his head is hunched over, that covers up the gap and makes the neck not look awkward too. The instructions don't show this though since they don't show the adjusted poses, but all the official pictures of Onua have his head hunched over.

I am aware of that, but it still doesn't stop his neck being awkward to pose and the chest armour exposing the neck joint and shoulder pad mounts.

UnsuspectingButts.thumb.png.2a71dabd3565a645b7127215b282d46b.png

All they need to do to fix the eye launch thingy is to swap out the full-sized peg hole with an axle hole. Problem solved.

I'd be fine with that too, actually. (Even though I like the pop-off triggers.)

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

Hail Denmark.

The protectors are taller and shorter than one another. Is there a reason for this?

Like, why are there variations in their height? I assume it's just for the sake of variation, like the Turaga Metru.

Speaking of the Protectors, I have five of them lined up on my desk and dang they look good! Such a pretty variety of colors, and they all look so distinctive. Hopefully the PoJ gets here soon as well.

• Upvote 1

IetTsFQ.png

It will be my birthday on Jan. 30 and I'm sure someone will give me money. :P  Any bonkle ideas beside Tahu and PoJ? This brings up a big questionagain- Is LOSS worth it?

Absolutely He's an amazing build, and has a really cool gear function. I totally recommend him.

bZpOwEr

It will be my birthday on Jan. 30 and I'm sure someone will give me money. :P  Any bonkle ideas beside Tahu and PoJ? This brings up a big questionagain- Is LOSS worth it?

I also recommend LOSS. I had the most fun building him out of all the sets and even if you don't like said set itself, it still has some neat parts.

Toa wise, I would suggest getting Kopaka, Lewa, or Gali. Protector wise, I would suggest the Earth, Ice, and Water Protectors. Though honestly, I've liked all the sets in their own ways, so I guess you can't go wrong with whichever ones you pick. :)

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

As long as you don't mind the gold and red combo, you'll love Tahu. The LoSS is a very good set but the function is a level below that of the 2001 Rahi.

I'm ok with the PoF as long as I don't think about his lack of elbows while looking at him

Technically if you follow his depictions in the animations, the PoF's elbows are on the Glatorian neck parts he uses.

tumblr_ngp8uaGxbr1qm9p5uo1_400.gif

See? His upper arms are the Glatorian neck parts.

• Upvote 1

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

Hail Denmark.

As long as you don't mind the gold and red combo, you'll love Tahu. The LoSS is a very good set but the function is a level below that of the 2001 Rahi.

I'm ok with the PoF as long as I don't think about his lack of elbows while looking at him

Technically if you follow his depictions in the animations, the PoF's elbows are on the Glatorian neck parts he uses.

https://38.media.tumblr.com/fa7b63f366bcb73158b18c3d242ff9ba/tumblr_ngp8uaGxbr1qm9p5uo1_400.gif

See? His upper arms are the Glatorian neck parts.

How they're portrayed in animation doesn't necessarily translate to the set form.  The animation may show the Protector of Fire with elbows, but the set still only has two points of articulation on each arm.

It's like how promotional material gave everyone knee, elbow, and head articulation even before 2004, but the sets were still fixed the way those pieces were molded.

• Upvote 1

OpAXNpl.jpg

Might get Pohatu. He any good?

Definitely. He looks sweet with the armor variety and the super-cool weapons. I had fun flying him around the room poking things. 

Not really a long complex build though. I recommend Onua for that. :)

You'll see a lot of Pohatu where I am. I just need Gali, but everywhere I go I always see a bunch of Pohatu sets. It almost tempts me to get a second one, which is probably what I will do for Gali once I get the set. Is Pohatu just the unpopular Toa this time around? I mean, I think his build and design are really nice... :(

http://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/O8CcqC5.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gif

Definitely. He looks sweet with the armor variety and the super-cool weapons. I had fun flying him around the room poking things. 

You'll see a lot of Pohatu where I am. I just need Gali, but everywhere I go I always see a bunch of Pohatu sets. It almost tempts me to get a second one, which is probably what I will do for Gali once I get the set. Is Pohatu just the unpopular Toa this time around? I mean, I think his build and design are really nice... :(

He's the one to get sold-out first at my stores.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Pohatu was always the 'meh' member of the team for me. Not to say that he was bad, it's just that there really wasn't anything special about him until he transformed. All he had was those boot things on his feet. His Phantoka form was interesting, though. This new version looks interesting as well but compared to Toa like Gali and Tahu he's just.... eh.

He's really easy to miss and is missing that 'it' factor that the others have. Gali has her fins, Kopaka has his skis, Tahu has his lavaboard and Pohatu has his shoes/propellers/Boomerangs. I think what the issue with me is that they kept changing his look. His Nuva form was way different than his original form and his newer form only looks like his old version because of the mask. The green arm is new, the boomerangs are new,etc.

I like Pohatu as a character. 

Lara Croft

Tomb Raider Cliff Climbing

Here's my thoughts on Pohatu since i bought him while Kopaka wasn't available yet

• Pros
  • Great variety in masks and 3 weapons
  • Gold kakama mask of stone included looks fantastic
  • Interesting and catchy color-scheme
  • He's got brown, same sub-color as 2003 Hewkii's matoran set (i hated the orange colors on Pohatu phantoka)
  • The Skull spider is a interesting addition, it fits well with my hero factory IFB kaiju bug and 2005 visorak mini-figure so there's plenty of fight to go around for pohatu

Cons

• Only 3 of the armor pieces(no shoulder armor for the left hand?)
  • He's a lot smaller than expected, he's barely taller than a toa mata set but outclassed by toa inika size sets
  • Little bit too pricey compared to sets of old
Edited by ---Kopaka Nuva---

qs3135.jpg

Got Tahu with Xmas money:

Pros:

-Great pieces

-Great posability

-3 different masks (i'm a sucker for masks)

-Awesome weapons

-Mask function is so much fun.

-IT'S FREAKING TAHU.

Cons:

-Mask comes off a bit easier than I desire, but that's a nitpick to me anyhow

-Head has more friction than a friction extender

-The friction extenders are 50/50, only providing friction when they want to.

-The head can't really look down

-Trans blue instead of trans florescent blue for the eyestalk, means they don't have the same glow as mata/metru eyestalks.

And now, for a completely controversial con:

-The gears. I don't know what it is, the gearbox, how it connects, all that's fine, just the gear function itself is annoying me for some reason... I've since locked up Tahu's, and I feel like I'll be doing the same to the rest... 

-Trans blue instead of trans florescent blue for the eyestalk, means they don't have the same glow as mata/metru eyestalks.

They may have different translucent plastic than the old sets, but i tried using my cellphone flash light in total darkness and pohatu's translucent-green still light up quite well with a strong light behind his head

qs3135.jpg

They may have different translucent plastic than the old sets, but i tried using my cellphone flash light in total darkness and pohatu's translucent-green still light up quite well with a strong light behind his head

The translucent green hasn't changed at all AFAIK. It's the same trans neon green they've been using since Lewa.

The translucent green hasn't changed at all AFAIK. It's the same trans neon green they've been using since Lewa.

I think they even still make transparent fluorescent blue. It was still being used in the Glatorian heads used in the 2012 Breakout HF sets. They probably went with transparent light blue because it matches up with dark azure better.

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

Hail Denmark.

I think they even still make transparent fluorescent blue. It was still being used in the Glatorian heads used in the 2012 Breakout HF sets. They probably went with transparent light blue because it matches up with dark azure better.

Yeah, I know. I was just correcting the idea that the lime eyes were a different, non-translucent color. The light piping in the blue eyes is noticeably worse than the fluorescent green.

Would it be illogical for me to take apart the entire Winter 2015 wave that I have on my shelf right now, try and attempt to build a giant MOC with all the pieces, take apart said MOC, then re-build all the official sets all over again?

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Would it be illogical for me to take apart the entire Winter 2015 wave that I have on my shelf right now, try and attempt to build a giant MOC with all the pieces, take apart said MOC, then re-build all the official sets all over again?

That's what I've been up to, most of my sets stay together for about twenty minutes before I rip them to shreds. Still no lost or damaged pieces, and they've all been rebuilt like a dozen times.  ^_^

IetTsFQ.png

I've built a Protector Nui, so I can only say for doing so to half of them. 

It's very pleasing to the senses. 

bZpOwEr