OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

That's funny. Tahu and Kopaka were never iconic to me.

I'll verbally fight you over that.

Not violently. 

Edited by Chasm

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

There's an issue with the new brain stalk piece: the axle that connects it to the head blocks out a lot of light. I tested by inserting/removing an axle, with the back of the brain stalk under a lamp, and it is very easy to notice that the eyes become darker when an axle is used. The Metru brain stalk does not have that problem, since the axle hole is located above the eyes.

I've definitely noticed that the eyes don't light up as well as the Metru ones in general, and I doubt we'll see a new head piece any time soon...guess we're stuck with it.

Edited by Dark Blue
  • Upvote 1

IetTsFQ.png

There's an issue with the new brain stalk piece: the axle that connects it to the head blocks out a lot of light. I tested by inserting/removing an axle, with the back of the brain stalk under a lamp, and it is very easy to notice that the eyes become darker when an axle is used. The Metru brain stalk does not have that problem, since the axle hole is located above the eyes.

I've definitely noticed that the eyes don't light up as well as the Metru ones in general, and I doubt we'll see a new head piece any time soon...guess we're stuck with it.

Oh well.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Oh well.

It is unfortunate, although most people probably wouldn't notice it. I actually removed the axle when I photographed my MoC, didn't pose too much trouble.

Edited by Dark Blue

IetTsFQ.png

This sounds like a job for... transparent axles! :P

In seriousness, I'm not too bothered by the light piping in the eyes. There's room for improvement but I still feel like it's satisfactory, especially when lit from above rather than behind. I'm honestly more bothered by the blue eyes not being fluorescent.

Edited by Aanchir
  • Upvote 4

I got an email from the Lego Shop apologizing for the misinformation with the "out of stock" stuff on the Bionicle sets. they gave me a free promo code to get free shipping on my next order! I might just be about to buy Tahu... ^_^ (If you signed up for the notification email for when the Bionicle sets were released, you will also get this email if you live in the U.S.)

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

(If you signed up for the notification email for when the Bionicle sets were released, you will also get this email regardless of whether or not if you live in the U.S. and if you don't the code will not work.)

EDIT: Fixed that for ya

I signed up to it from the UK, and got the email.

Pretty saddened to see it's US only though.

Edited by Cheatster9000x

So we know that exposed ball joints are nothing new right, I mean

1455702115_small.jpg

Well technically, it's not a ball joint If nothing hinges with it, thus tahus "chest ball" is simply a ball.

Then technically all open ball joints aren't ball-joints since nothing is attached to them. :P

• Upvote 5

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

1455702115_small.jpg

Well technically, it's not a ball joint If nothing hinges with it, thus tahus "chest ball" is simply a ball.

Then technically all open ball joints aren't ball-joints since nothing is attached to them. :P

Yup, so I don't want to here people pull up the excuse that g1 Toa had exposed joints. :P

1455702115_small.jpg

Yup, so I don't want to here people pull up the excuse that g1 Toa had exposed joints. :P

So can I pull up the excuse that Skrall Stars had an open ball joint?

VBWj75sh.png

I'm glad you agree the 2015 Toa don't have exposed ball joints then.

Now now, don't you be using my words against me.... I still have no love for the 2015 Toa.

Would you rather have the Inika build or Avtoran?

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

The eyes have more of a glow if you position the light under the brain stalk. If you want to count that as a flaw for the sets, go ahead, because the gearbox mechanisms are what cause this. Not that I don't like the gearbox, because it is a really nice part to have. Personally, I don't really care that much for whether or not the eyes can glow in the light. Think of it this way: at least there is a face underneath that mask. :P

http://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/O8CcqC5.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gif

Now now, don't you be using my words against me.... I still have no love for the 2015 Toa.

He just doesn't like the new build.

Although I do like it and see benefits in it, he doesn't. But we all know this now, is there really a need to always respond to it ? :P  (I'm sorry, but I'm just tired of seeing this same argument neither sides will win over and over and over and over again.)

-Iben

• Upvote 3

pVcwLHX.png

"Unity, Duty, Destiny."

He just doesn't like the new build.

Although I do like it and see benefits in it, he doesn't. But we all know this now, is there really a need to always respond to it ? :P  (I'm sorry, but I'm just tired of seeing this same argument neither sides will win over and over and over and over again.)

-Iben

I know. Instead of wanting more and more and more, people should think of all the worse things they could have had, and be happy they have something better.

• Upvote 1

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

Why yes, I would. I LOVE the inika build. :)

Just something important I felt the need to make and share. I hope it is enlightening.

And no, Toa Salvus, it is not a jab at you. This is in response to, like, fifteen people I've encountered in the last coupla' days who've acted just like this.

Edited by NickonAquaMagna
  • Upvote 4

the_toa_sig_by_nickinamerica-dbn0wau.png

The Toa- A Bionicle Retelling by NickonAquaMagna http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/25275-the-toa-a-retelling-of-bionicle/

Just something important I felt the need to make and share. I hope it is enlightening.

And no, Toa Salvus, it is not a jab at you. This is in response to, like, fifteen people I've encountered in the last coupla' days who've acted just like this.

I literally lol'd.

Did you make that?

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Well, I'm offended!

I was just trying to show how easily these same complaints could be used against traditional lego bricks. Again, this is not a jab at you.

I know, but those kind of videos turn us (who prefer the old system) look like the bad guys here! So what we don't like skeleball?

I literally lol'd.

Did you make that?

Yes.

• Upvote 2

The Toa- A Bionicle Retelling by NickonAquaMagna http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/25275-the-toa-a-retelling-of-bionicle/

Update on amazon UK, all of them are now in stock and the protectors I ordered are now due for arrival next Monday (or January 12th)! 

Glad you're finally got to buy them! I think you'll actually be getting them before me, and I'm in the US :P

Originally amazon were saying they would arrive on January 30th (I think because they didn't have any stocks yet), and I gotta say I'm pretty amazed there's a place in the states that doesn't have them yet, nearly all the Americans here seem to have one, keep on trying I'm sure you'll find them. 

Nice purchase! All the Protectors are amazing sets! My favorite is probably the Protector of Jungle and Water haha. 

So yeah... Im getting two of every set... wasnt really planned but... it happened. 

Same. LOL

And that there was a Mask of Time that covered the whole face. And that's all we know for sure.

I don't remember this part.  Where was this said?

Interviews at NYCC. Never recorded, but the Three Virtues and DeeVee have confirmed that they did mention a new Mask of Time.

I confirm it as well! I was next to Varderan when I asked Jordan if this was a continuation or not. He replied with like "Remember in 2004 there was half of a mask?" he then mentioned "Mask of Time". Kahi then arrived and began to ask him questions and stuff, I dont remember that much after that. My mind was blown.

Well, I'm offended!

I was just trying to show how easily these same complaints could be used against traditional lego bricks. Again, this is not a jab at you.

I know, but those kind of videos turn us (who prefer the old system) look like the bad guys here! So what we don't like skeleball?

This morning, I had to deal with a guy who insisted flat-out that these ARE Hero Factory parts, and that anyone who likes the new sets even a liiiittle bit is a moron with no credibility.

He actually said that. And he wasn't just some goofy troll putting on a show, he believed in what he was saying.

THAT'S the kind of belligerent yahoo this video is about.

And could you please stop calling it that? It makes it sound like everyone else should call it that because that's its actual proper term or something.

Edited by NickonAquaMagna
  • Upvote 3