OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

I like how Lewa has the lowest luck level out of them all, that might be a nod to his incidents during Gen1.

Or foreshadowing to some incidents with the summer waves? One of the skull villains has a Mask of Air in his set; perhaps an infected/power drained version? 

It's a possibility, but the same could be said for Onua, Kopaka, and Pohatu, so it's not like Lewa's luck would be exceptionally bad in that regard.

AXKP5KC.png

I like how Lewa has the lowest luck level out of them all, that might be a nod to his incidents during Gen1.

Or foreshadowing to some incidents with the summer waves? One of the skull villains has a Mask of Air in his set; perhaps an infected/power drained version? 

It's a possibility, but the same could be said for Onua, Kopaka, and Pohatu, so it's not like Lewa's luck would be exceptionally bad in that regard.

Yeah, I thought about mentioning them too, but it's hard to make an argument. I have no idea what those masks will actually represent.

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Iron Maiden    Journey    Mercenary    The Unguided    Trivium

Boston    Stratovarius    Symphony X    Epica

I love LoSS so much. He's literally one of my favorite sets of all time and... and... he's just so amazing! Need more LoSS. Everyone needs more LoSS. LoSS it up. LoSS. 

I already have 6 of them I think and if I EVER see one more of this piece in black, I am going to go mad.

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

I love LoSS so much. He's literally one of my favorite sets of all time and... and... he's just so amazing! Need more LoSS. Everyone needs more LoSS. LoSS it up. LoSS. 

I already have 6 of them I think and if I EVER see one more of this piece in black, I am going to go mad.

Wow, I thought my obsession was bad...

http://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/O8CcqC5.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gif

How is that then obsession when you only gotten two, I mean if you gotten more like me with having 6 then that would be an obsession.

Also 4 Lewa and 4 Onua (or was it 5 Onua).

Allow me to rephrase,

I have two, and I would like to get more, but I want to save up for the summer wave and, if I feel like it, one of the Star Wars constraction sets.

At the moment I have two of each of the "medium-sized" sets of the current wave (LOSS, Pohatu, Gali, Lewa) added onto one of each of the Protectors and larger Toa sets.

I apologize for the confusion caused by my use of "obsession" in my previous post. I just think LOSS deserves more attention as a good set, because it is a good set.  B-)

• Upvote 2

http://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/O8CcqC5.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gif

So, got Cryoshell's album for my birthday recently, have been listening to it and am addicted! Always loved them, but wow, I'm really hoping they make a return for G2. Although I still enjoy the score for the animations. Love how it has an Iron Man or Pacific Rim - both scores were composed by Ramin Djawdi - feel to its sound.

• Upvote 1

Note I'm moving what me and ToaMarkSurge are talking about in the trans gali mask topic sense that was going way off topic.

1. They stood straight, you Eljay must had made it wrong then because I am looking at this picture right here and he look pretty hunchback.

2. Had you even try, because the last time I remember, people called 2015 Gali feminine, so people liking that wouldn't surprise me like a guy I met on tumblr using the wrong definition of clearance that had nothing to do with store at all.

3. yes

4. I had Pohatu Mata, Master and Photok mask, not even close to the mata. 

1: His neck being out a little =/= hunchback.

2: I tried it, it was ridiculous.

3: No it doesn't.

4: The 2015 mask looks nothing like the Phantoka mask, and a lot of people have noticed the similarities between the Mata and 2015 mask.

Ummm...    a little...  that not even close to being a little, his phantoka form is a little. Also you destroy the yes, no, yes, no :(

I said Photok as the mtatoran, not the Pohato Phantoka and I don't see any noticeable thing of Pohato Mata mask to the master, even the ones you bring up. 

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

Note I'm moving what me and ToaMarkSurge are talking about in the trans gali mask topic sense that was going way off topic.

1. They stood straight, you Eljay must had made it wrong then because I am looking at this picture right here and he look pretty hunchback.

2. Had you even try, because the last time I remember, people called 2015 Gali feminine, so people liking that wouldn't surprise me like a guy I met on tumblr using the wrong definition of clearance that had nothing to do with store at all.

3. yes

4: The 2015 mask looks nothing like the Phantoka mask, and a lot of people have noticed the similarities between the Mata and 2015 mask.

Ummm...    a little...  that not even close to being a little, his phantoka form is a little. Also you destroy the yes, no, yes, no :(

I said Photok as the mtatoran, not the Pohato Phantoka and I don't see any noticeable thing of Pohato Mata mask to the master, even the ones you bring up. 

Just because you don't notice something, doesn't mean it isn't there.

3. yes

Exactly!  That's what happens to me, like...I don't know how many times.*face palm*

• Upvote 1

A signature is supposed to be this:

Jaeger_Gipsy_Danger_Decal_02.png

and BTW https://screen.yahoo.com/star-trek-convention-000000768.html

3. yes

Exactly!  That's what happens to me, like...I don't know how many times.*face palm*

Sets off my OCD so bad when I notice it tho...

:smiletakua: :m_o: :w: :l: :e: :x: :a: :n: :m_d: :e: :r: :smiletol:

76561198067723583.pngAddFriend.png

|

"We are the Turaga of the new generation." ~Owlexander

YouTube - Imgur - Flickr - Bionicle RPG Chat

Is there really an argument going on about Pohatu's mask not looking like the original Kakama? XD

So you're telling me that since a mask looks similar to another mask that was made to look similar to the Kakama, that makes it dissimilar to the Kakama? That's just backerdz (grammatically imperfect on purpose). Seriously though, they're all the same mask within the canon, and they all look similar. The only difference is that the masks reflect their environments. Pohatu's Mask of Stone is specifically the way it is because he lives in a desert environment where sandstorms occur, he needs it to be sleek and aerodynamic when riding on freaking sand tornadoes, and it also looks like it has a really good filtration system! No more sand stuck in your mask. :P

Edited by BlatantlyHeroic
  • Upvote 6

3. yes

IKR?! It's so annoying when I'm looking for something and I don't find it, and someone else finds it in the most obvious place! Like how did I miss that?!

Only the mask of water and jungle are without major resemblance to the G1 equivalents, with the mask of jungle reminding me of Matau Hordika a bit.

• Upvote 2

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

Hm. Interesting. Combo models confirmed: a powered-up Skull Grinder, and some unholy Skull abomination from the other 3 skull guys. The Skull Slicer description seems to imply that they are indeed controlled by the Mask of Skull Spiders. And apparently the Grinder/Warrior mask is just named Skull Mask, with the Basher/Scorpio being the Bull Skull Mask. Good names, I guess.

• Upvote 5

AXKP5KC.png

Hm. Interesting. Combo models confirmed: a powered-up Skull Grinder, and some unholy Skull abomination from the other 3 skull guys. The Skull Slicer description seems to imply that they are indeed controlled by the Mask of Skull Spiders. And apparently the Grinder/Warrior mask is just named Skull Mask, with the Basher/Scorpio being the Bull Skull Mask. Good names, I guess.

I wonder if these multi-headed skull creatures will have a story significance? Maybe it'll prompt the Protectors to join the Toa in the final battle and give some story significance to the power up Toa versions? 

• Upvote 1

bZpOwEr

Pohatu's 2015 mask is definitely the toughest looking one of the bunch, and I do think it's a pretty good evolution of the kakama. The only masks that I feel don't resemble their original forms are gali's and lewa's, but I still very much like their new masks. I like that onua's is more or less the same just smaller and more to scale with the rest of the masks.

Edit- regitnui already said half of what I said. Oops.

Edited by JanitorJake

:y::m_o::l::m_o:

The new images of the skull gang are nice and the info is even nicer. I'm kind of sad that they don't seem to be a horde-like enemy but rather nameless individuals(yet again *sigh) but that isn't for certain. I am pretty intrigued by the combiners, particularly the multiheaded one. I do kind of like how each one is guarding a particular area as is shown on the packaging. It makes me wonder if the Toa will decide to split up and search the city as opposed to going to each location as a team. It would make sense if there was only one skull villian in each location, otherwise they would just demolish each one individually. Hopefully the skull villains will put up a good fight and be interesting characters as opposed to being mindless zombies. I am expecting a villain team up at the end to fight the Toa as a unit, with LoSS joining for a big epic battle of good vs evil at the end of the year. The info on Skull Slicer makes me like him even more. A fallen combatant in a gladiatorial 'arena' of sorts also the first mention of that location as well as the first reference to some sort of past time for the matora-- I mean villagers.

10331959915_9f4d0b34c7.jpg
"Avengers? Fantastic Four? X-Dudes? They can all kiss my bony, flammable plastic."- Johnathan Blaze (Ghost Rider Vol 7 0.1)

I love the new pictures and descriptions of the summer Skull Villains. :D  It looks to be an awesome wave/story arc! :)

Anyway, I just opened the Tower of Toa that I purchased at Brickfair, and I found a Brutaka-Gold Krahkaan inside!! :D :D :D :o

• Upvote 2

~Daler

Wow, the final CG renders for the Skull villains look really awesome. I'm liking them all. The descriptions weren't too informative, sans Skull Slicer. I wonder if it means the Golden Mask of Skull Spiders is controlling it, or if they are referring to the Skull Spider mask it wears?

-NotS

Edited by Nidhiki of the Shadows

tahubanner.jpg

Regarding the Tahu-Kopaka weapon symmetry...I don't know if it has already been said but, Tahu and Kopaka are not the only ones sharing weapon parts: Gali and Lewa use the same axe/fin part (plus Lewa also shares his swords with Tahu). The only ones with actually unique weapons are Pohatu and Onua.

• Upvote 1

Wow, the final CG renders for the Skull villains look really awesome. I'm liking them all. The descriptions weren't too informative, sans Skull Slicer. I wonder if it means the Golden Mask of Skull Spiders is controlling it, or if they are referring to the Skull Spider mask it wears?

-NotS

I think it is suggested in another topic that it references the mask he is wearing due to the others not suggesting the same thing. Right along with the idea that the Protectors went to great lengths to seal and burry Ekimu so the same did not happen to him.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Yeah but those don't count because we can't find random symbolism in them.

Um...I disagree. The "rock bros" (stone and earth) are individuals in the team because they are strong and independent!

• Upvote 2

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Iron Maiden    Journey    Mercenary    The Unguided    Trivium

Boston    Stratovarius    Symphony X    Epica

Yeah but those don't count because we can't find random symbolism in them.

Um...I disagree. The "rock bros" (stone and earth) are individuals in the team because they are strong and independent!

Yeah bonus points for Onua. Maybe he'll share some with Pohatu. The set is growing on me a little after I changed his arms around and made them a little more bearable to look at.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Well, I've slacked off on this but I think I should still go through with it - the last of my thoughts on the winter 2015 wave.

Starting with the Protectors - The Protector of Water is a pretty nice set with a really fast and fun build. The weapon is a blast to assemble and looks great. With the standard degree of poseability for the smaller sets, the Protector of Water is really fun to play with. Colours look great too. My only real gripe is with the back armour - the placement looks awkward. As I thought with Gali, I feel like it could have been repositioned higher and it would have been alright. Gallery here.

The Protector of Ice looks great and I love the colour scheme. The armoured arms look great but the issue with the Protector of Fire is present with the lack of elbows. Unlike that set however, the Protector of Ice has a decent leg build so posing those aren't an issue. Another great thing about this set is that, like the Protector of Earth, it has multiple different action features including the awesome ice saw. Finally, I love the armoured look all around. This is one of the best Protectors out of the six, IMO. Gallery.

Now for the final Toa - Lewa, Master of Jungle. A little mixed. Lewa was my brother's first set back in G1, so it's kind of strange that he was the last we built this time around, but I think he delivers. The bright green is beautiful and eye-catching, the weapons are fantastic (even in adrenaline mode) and the mask is pretty sweet - although it took me a while to get used to it, I did end up liking the aero-dynamic look of it quite a bit. The build was actually quite fun and the best variation of the gearbox next to Onua. Inversely, the gearbox is what makes Lewa such a mixed set to me - while I like the way it creates the hunched look and the cool Phantoka-like shoulder armour, it also restricts his head movement significantly, and even prevents the mask pop-off feature from working. It's too high up. I feel they could have lowered it or maybe even made the neck longer but regardless it is a problem in the overall design. As it is, it makes his flying mode all the more awkward. Regardless, aesthetics-wise, Lewa is extremely pleasing and fun to pose. It's a shame about his gearbox, but I still recommend him if you are on the fence on which Toa to pick. He looks great and the colour scheme is absolutely stunning. Gallery.

And of course, this wouldn't be complete without a homage to G1: 

g1g21.jpg

g1g22.jpg

g1g23.jpg

Next, I will probably do the rest of the Protector + Toa combiners and more comparisons between old and new models. And then the summer sets! Time really flies! Can't wait. 

-NotS

• Upvote 4

tahubanner.jpg

Honestly the only Summer set I'm impressed with is Ekimu vs. Makuta. It looks so special and fun and I get two characters instead of one.

Seconded. And you get the mask of the year, the Mask of Creation. It'll likely be the most expensive set this year, but I consider it worth it.

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

Honestly the only Summer set I'm impressed with is Ekimu vs. Makuta. It looks so special and fun and I get two characters instead of one.

Seconded. And you get the mask of the year, the Mask of Creation. It'll likely be the most expensive set this year, but I consider it worth it.

Agreed. I might pick up one of the Skull Warriors down the road, but for now the big set is the only set that catches my eye. 

Lara Croft

Tomb Raider Cliff Climbing

I might get doubles of each summer set just 'cause.

• Upvote 3

te0FrhT.jpg