BIONICLE MAFIA XVIII: BY THE NUMBERS 2 - DIE HARDER

Voltex

Guys, I can assure you, you are making a poor decision.

I assume you're on the list, then.

The question is, why should I trust you?

You see, I'm also on the list, but I don't expect anyone to believe me if I say "Hey, I'm #X! I'm not a Mafioso. Spare me, please!" It's not as if it worked for Chro...

And why should it? A desperate Mafioso will say anything.

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)

Guys, I can assure you, you are making a poor decision.

I assume you're on the list, then.

The question is, why should I trust you?

You see, I'm also on the list, but I don't expect anyone to believe me if I say "Hey, I'm #X! I'm not a Mafioso. Spare me, please!" It's not as if it worked for Chro...

And why should it? A desperate Mafioso will say anything.

Believe me or don't, your choice. But I can assure you, lynching number 23 is a very bad idea,

bBhcfWO.png

#2 - Just trying to get it out of Jag's body, because, ya'know, they couldn't leave him like that forever.

#9 - Just complaining about the voice everyone (who got sucked down) heard.

#12 - Wouldn't they all?

#23 - My guess is they're arms hurt from managing the drill.

Votin' #23.

2xu8Ptu.png

Voting has closed.

As per stated earlier, that null vote shall be randomized. Final results are below.

Suspects:

#2 - 1 

#9 - 3

#12 - 2 (null vote randomized here)

#23 - 3

Vote Changes Used: Ehks, Quisoves, Luroka, Burnmad

Well this oughta be a fun lynching. 

DAY THE THIRD

“Nobody leaves until somebody dies,” the Turaga rasped.

The votes were tallied rapidly, and Burnmad was powerless to stop as he and the other three survivors of the trap drew even again and again. He met the eyes of Luroka across the room; the Makuta-worshiping Matoran’s eyes were desperate, his medical kit cast aside.

You have no time….

The words of Voltex (was it really Voltex?) echoed in Burnmad’s memory as the voting drew to a close. He shuddered, looking at the tally; it was dead even between the survivors identified as both 9 and 23.

“You’re all making a grave mistake,” Luroka said, backing away from the group. “You have no idea what you’ve done!”

“We have spoken,” the Turaga said hoarsely. “You are sentenced to death!”

Reluctantly, Burnmad joined the horde of survivors as they jostled against one another. Colors prowled through the crowd; yellow, maroon, purple, and green. As the crowd converged on him, Luroka screamed.

That was the last Burnmad saw. Unable to watch, he turned away, disgusted; though he could not hide from the sounds of Luroka being ripped apart.

Good has failed.

There is only survival.

A sinister laugh floated through Burnmad’s ears, causing him to shiver.

But not for you. You shall fall forever.

“Burnmad?”

The Matoran jumped, whirling around only to recognize Manducus standing before him. The other Matoran was staring at him, confused.

“What is it?” Burnmad asked.

“Why do I remember?” Manducus wondered aloud, his eyes narrowing. “I can remember everything. I… we’ve killed the wrong person!”

“I know,” Burnmad whispered.

“It’s him!” Manducus gasped, lurching forward, grabbing onto Burnmad for support; clawing at him. “It’s him! The one in yellow! He is guilty!”

Burnmad pushed the Matoran away, addressing the group as a whole. “Kill the one in yellow! He is the one we seek!”

Like clockwork, the Matoran clad in yellow armor was tossed unceremoniously to the ground in front of the group, where he remained kneeling. The Master of Yellow laughed as Burnmad slowly stepped forward.

“Who are you?” he asked, unable to place a name to the face.

“Quisoves Pugnat,” the Master of Yellow said slowly, still shaking with laughter. “I am their leader! I am the one the voices command, you see… and the voices demand that I kill you. None shall survive the final trial! None!”

“Certainly not you,” Burnmad snapped, halting before him. “It’s time for you to-”

WHAM!

Burnmad cried out as he crashed to the floor, his vision flashing white and red as he collided with the cement. Pain was exploding from his head, and he groaned as his body collapsed. Summoning all of his strength, he fought off the wave of dizziness that had struck him, and began pushing himself back to his feet.

WHAM!

The second blow smashed into the back of his head this time rather than the side, slamming him back to the floor. Everything had gone sideways; his vision blinked in and out, spinning in circles. He could not move his arms or legs.

He could not even speak.

“Justice is served!” the Turaga crowed, standing above him in victory. “Burnmad has led us astray! I have defeated him!”

“You certainly have,” Quisoves said, tears of mirth leaking from his eyes. “And now, foolish Turaga, you have given yourself to us just as your Detective did!”

In a flash, the Master of Yellow drew a small pistol and fired; the Turaga dropped to the floor. In death, his body decreased in age, and by the time the Turaga’s lifeless face was staring at Burnmad’s, even he could still recognize Unit.

Manducus did not waste any time in avenging the Turaga, leaping at the Shadowed One. The Master of Yellow did nothing to fight back, laughing still even as Manducus ripped his throat out with his bare hands. Dropping the dead Dark Hunter to the floor, Manducus flicked the blood off of his hands and stepped back. turning to face the rest of the group.

Eleven remained; three of them Dark Hunters. Without a word, Manducus stepped back over the bodies and pulled open the final door, revealing the next step of their journey.

Burnmad, Matoran (Assigned #2) executed by Survivors.

Luroka, Medic (Assigned #23) executed by Survivors.

Quisoves Pugnat, Shadowed One (Assigned #9) executed by Survivors.

Unit, Turaga (Assigned #13) executed by Quisoves Pugnat.

ALL ROLES PM FOR NIGHT 4!

• Upvote 6

Congratulations, village. You've managed to kill one anti-town role at the cost of three pro-town roles. That was a horrendous lynching.

*Two village roles

Village only killed two. The leader can kill a person on lynch and managed to get the turaga.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

I figured I might have a shot with that since I never try that move in any other game. I guess I've been reminded of why.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Well... I'm disappointed in the way that turned out. Far too many village deaths in that one lynching for my tastes.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

NIGHT THE FOURTH

The remaining eleven survivors all walked through the open doorway; once the last one was through, the door slammed shut and vanished, trapping them all in the final location. A stone pyramid rose high into the air, although it seemed to have a flat top. The cracks in the stone glowed a bright magenta, and it was eerily silent.

Cautiously, Manducus stepped forward.

Step no farther, or I shall kill you all.

Manducus ignored the voice, continuing towards the structure.

The magenta flashed brightly before rapidly fading away, only to be replaced by an equally bright red that lit the entire area in a sinister light. The domed roof of the cavern they were inside stretched far beyond the reach of the survivors into the sky, hundreds of feet above the pyramid.

At the top, a red crystal spun into view; and a second later, so did the form of a Matoran seated upon a throne of stone, floating in the air.

In your future, my demise awaits, the figure seemed to say, its whispers drifting through the minds of every survivor and echoing around the chamber. And so it is in your past that my vengeance is born!

The ground shuddered, as iron gates rose up to block the paths up to the top of the structure. With a yell, Manducus sprinted towards the stairs, leaping over the rising gates; he was followed by all but one survivor.

As the final Matoran managed to throw themselves over the barrier, crying pain, Manducus turned to see the form of Underscore writhing on the ground below, covered in flames. The Matoran’s screams bounced endlessly off of the cavern walls, increasing in volume with each passing second.

You fools, the figure at the top of the pyramid scoffed. Your fate shall be worse than his!

Underscore, Matoran (Assigned #8) - killed by Dark Hunters

Suspects:

#1 - Found screaming in pain from their burns.

#7 - Found shivering violently despite the extreme heat.

#10 - Found threatening another survivor with a red crystal.

#12 - Found chanting a prayer to the figure under their breath.

#20 - Found rambling about a journey across the desolation.

• Upvote 2

Hmmmmmm

I'd say...#1.

Why #1? Look at this. The final person was yelling in pain as they leaped over the barrier. Seems suspicious, no?

No?

Well, #1 is burned. Underscore didn't make it, but one person DID, and they were screaming in pain. They could have forced Underscore to not make it.

Just pointing that out.

Voting #1

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian