BIONICLE MAFIA XIX: THE VOLTEX CONSTANT

Voltex

I told you. I told you all.

Tantalizing and antagonizing voters isn't the best way to show your innocence.

On the contrary, in my experience, the more furious a player is when lynched, the more likely they are to be innocent.

Of course, now that I have said this, you will no longer be able to trust anyone who gets angry when lynched, because they could be Mafia just pretending. :P

Furiosity is one thing. What Luroka did was just weird. Calling us all sheep whichever way we voted, then daring people to lynch him. By the end of it, while I changed votes, I though Luroka was the Mafia and wanted him dead.

And now you reap what you sow.

Luroka sowed paranoia. Now he has reaped.

You people sowed gullibility and choose to take his words literally. Now we lost another villager.

Edited by Councilor Manducus
  • Upvote 2

f495fc6cc0a66dd12aa49fce021072a1.gif

I told you. I told you all.

Tantalizing and antagonizing voters isn't the best way to show your innocence.

On the contrary, in my experience, the more furious a player is when lynched, the more likely they are to be innocent.

Of course, now that I have said this, you will no longer be able to trust anyone who gets angry when lynched, because they could be Mafia just pretending. :P

Furiosity is one thing. What Luroka did was just weird. Calling us all sheep whichever way we voted, then daring people to lynch him. By the end of it, while I changed votes, I though Luroka was the Mafia and wanted him dead.

And now you reap what you sow.

Luroka sowed paranoia. Now he has reaped.

You people sowed gullibility and choose to take his words literally. Now we lost another villager.

And you sowed quoteception

bBhcfWO.png

NIGHT TWO

The groups travelled through endless hallways, splintering and re-uniting at every fork in the path, until their original groups no longer existed, the players having become mish-mashed into new arrangements. While this was undoubtedly helping them cover as much ground as possible, several of the players had realized that this allowed the group of Mafia to become hidden amongst the rest once more.

So it was that Xaeraz was commenting on this fact to Unit as the two of them trailed behind their group. Unit nodded in agreement, although neither player could figure out a better solution than the one that the Drifter had provided for them.

“What’re you guys talking about?”

Both players jumped as Quisoves Pugnat materialized in between them, having hung back. Xaeraz and Unit glanced at each other uneasily.

“Hey,” Quisoves said, frowning. “What’s the m-”

And then Quisoves was gone.

---

Quisoves clapped his hands over his mouth, trying not to empty the contents of his stomach as he reappeared in a large chamber. In the center, a blue crystal floated, surrounded by a black control panel.

://ARE YOU WORTHY?

“...the Voltex Constant?” Quisoves whispered, entranced. “It’s… a crystal?”

://<CODING>

://CODING COMPLETE

://SUBJECT <PCDC|QUISOVES> SPIRIT VALUE <19>

://VOLTEX CONSTANT REACHED

://APPROVED

“Wait,” Quisoves said. “Approved for what? What have you done?”

://PRELIMINARY SCANS DONE ON ALL SUBJECTS.

://FURTHER CODING REQUIRED.

://SUBJECTS DEEMED TO HOLD CORRECT SPIRIT VALUE ARE APPROVED.

“Approved for what, though?”

This time, the Voltex Constant did not answer - instead, the world vanished again. Quisoves heaved, but managed to keep his insides where they were supposed to be as the world came back into focus, Xaeraz and Unit both gaping at him.

“Ohhhhh Tohu, I don’t feel good…” Quisoves moaned, pitching forwards.

The other two players caught him, calling for the others in their group to wait up; all Quisoves could do was shiver and groan as his insides ripped themselves apart.

“Whoa, wait,” Unit said, glancing around. “Where’s Manducus?”

As if in answer, Manducus reappeared three feet in the air, falling to the floor with a thud.

“What do you mean, denied?!” Manducus cried out in outrage, seeming to have not noticed that he had returned. “What the heck was that? What the heck is a ‘spirit value’? What the karz?!”

“Manducus, calm down,” Xaeraz ordered. “Get over here and help us get Quisoves-”

://ALERT - ANOMALY DETECTED

://TEMPERATURE INCREASING

://PROTOCOL I - ACTIVATING SUB-ZERO COOLING SYSTEMS

Xaeraz and Unit dropped Quisoves to the floor as two mechanical appendages extended out of the walls on either side of them and grabbed onto each Matoran. Both players struggled to free themselves as several needles jabbed into them.

“Don’t just stand there!” Xaeraz snarled to the Matoran nearest. “Help us!”

The other player hesitated for a second before hauling Quisoves aside and then placing their hands on the device, pushing down as hard as they could. As Xaeraz pulled and the other Matoran pushed down, the machine began to bend and warp as it was superheated. With one final pull, Xaeraz tore himself off of the machine, cursing as his arm bled where the machine had inserted the needles. He pushed himself to his feet and turned to help Unit, but was stopped by an arm in his way.

“Wait for it,” the Matoran that had helped him said, a sadistic grin upon their lips.

“What’s wrong with you?” Xaeraz asked, pushing forward.

He swore as the other Matoran roughly grabbed him and threw him to the ground.

“Be thankful I saved you, Xaeraz,” they snapped. “But, if you don’t mind… I’m rather curious to see what this machine is going to do to Unit with that lovely blue fluid.”

Unit struggled even harder as the blue fluid traveled slowly through the clear tubes and through the needles - and then he screamed.

Everyone else cowered away at the bloodcurdling sound that never seemed to end; it was as though Unit was trying to rip his throat out with only his voice. He screamed and screamed and screamed, thrashing but unable to free himself as he was injected with the unknown substance. The Matoran that had saved Xaeraz began crawling back to Unit, planning to free him, but a kick to the face from the thrashing Matoran knocked them too far away.

They were all forced to watch in horror as Unit’s movements began to slow and his limbs began to still; but still he screamed.

://INJECTION COMPLETE.

://ACTIVATING.

In the blink of an eye, Unit flashed; when the other Matoran regained their sight, where Unit had stood seconds before was now an ice sculpture - a perfect replica. The machine slowly retracted back into the wall as they stared at what had once been Unit.

://COOLING PROCEDURE BEGINS IN <30> SECONDS.

://ACTIVATING COUNTDOWN UNTIL COOLING EXPLOSION.

://<29>

://<28>

It was Quisoves who saved them all, grabbing Xaeraz by the neck and hauling him to his feet, pushing him onward.

“Come on, we need to move!” he yelled, forcing them all to their feet. “Let’s go, let’s go! We can mourn later! Right now, we are about to die!”

---

Toa Chuck was not entirely sure why he had been summoned by the Drifter - he had been stolen away from his proper time before his first game of Mafia could even begin. As such, he was only experiencing these events for the first time.

So it was that when his world faded around him and he reappeared in the chamber of the Voltex Constant, he was not as surprised as the others - perhaps this was an ordinary occurrence. Feeling that the crystal was not perhaps the most important thing in the room, he decided to inspect what appeared to be the two only ways out of the room - two ramps that went down to another floor, which seemed to circle underneath the chamber holding the Voltex Constant.

://<CODING>

://CODING COMPLETE

://SUBJECT <FIRST|CHUCK> SPIRIT VALUE <19>

://VOLTEX CONSTANT REACHED

://APPROVED

With that, he found himself back with his group in one of the communication rooms, where the Drifter could be seen onscreen.

We have lost Unit, the Drifter said. His group reports that Xaeraz barely survived the trap thanks to another member of their team, although said member also abandoned Unit to his doom… once more, we must vote.

Unit (Matoran), killed by Mafia.

Quisoves, Xaeraz, Smooth Jazz, and Taka Nuvia were identified by the Drifter as having had no hand in the murder of Unit; as such, they cannot be voted for this round.

VOTE NOW!

Edited by Voltex Oblige

Hm...

Going to hold off on voting for now. I immediately thought "Valendale" when the ice statue happened but

well

he died night one and i don't think he can kill from the grave

Dead people having an effect on the game post-demise is something that I would have shared with you all.

(as in it isn't happening)

• Upvote 5

Dead people having an effect on the game post-demise is something that I would have shared with you all.

Surely that couldn't happen pre-demise? :P

Whoever killed Unit had an artistic touch. I'm not certain of everyone whom that would implicate, but Taka Nuvia comes quickly to mind. Anyone else who that might be?

Edited by Quisoves Pugnat

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)

Whoever killed Unit had an artistic touch. I'm not certain of everyone whom that would implicate, but Taka Nuvia comes quickly to mind. Anyone else who that might be?

Taka's on the innocent list, mate. Also, you seem to have dug pretty deep for that 'implication'. =P

I'm gonna wait and see where the voting goes, mostly because Ehks nearly got mobbed for being the first to vote last round. =P

- :burnmad:

Hey, uh, just to point out, because I'm not voting just yet...

But the machine superheated? I don't really see how that could happen by just Xaeraz and the mystery Matoran pulling? Though, there's no Pyro, so I'm not sure if that's just my imagination or what.

Taka's on the innocent list, mate. Also, you seem to have dug pretty deep for that 'implication'. =P

That's rather awkward, to say the least. :P Good thing I refrained from voting for her.

Perhaps I'm clutching at straws, it's not as if Voltex is obliged to leave clues in his scenes. Nonetheless, we have very little to go by this early on. It sure beats RNGing.

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)

I did leave a rather large clue in this scene.

Like when Unit died. In that part. Where clues to the killer usually go. That's where I put the clue. Not necessarily specifically when Unit died. Just that whole scene after Quisoves got back from his little psycho visit with the Voltex Constant. Anyway.

I'm going to start using punctuation properly again now.

Not really. Though.

Well, it says there was a flash when he turned into an ice statue. A flash could be caused by an ignition, so perhaps Shadow Ignited? That's pretty weak, though, so I'm going to continue to hold my vote.

That's actually makes a bit of sense...

I vote Manducus for now, see what happens

Gotta theme now :D

Edited by Shadow_Ignited

~Just call me Shadow_Ignited~

://ALERT - ANOMALY DETECTED

://TEMPERATURE INCREASING

://PROTOCOL I - ACTIVATING SUB-ZERO COOLING SYSTEMS

The other player hesitated for a second before hauling Quisoves aside and then placing their hands on the device, pushing down as hard as they could. As Xaeraz pulled and the other Matoran pushed down, the machine began to bend and warp as it was superheated.

This points to fire, which would implicate Burnmad, Shadow_Ignited, or possibly even Chro.

~Unit#phntk#1

YEAH, WELL, I VOTE XAE--

Quisoves, Xaeraz, Smooth Jazz, and Taka Nuvia were identified by the Drifter as having had no hand in the murder of Unit; as such, they cannot be voted for this round.

tumblr_m7194iv8h51rtm31eo1_500.gif

I vote Manducus. :v

Edited by Burnmad: Toa of Emoticons
  • Upvote 7

Perhaps I'm clutching at straws, it's not as if Voltex is obliged to leave clues in his scenes. Nonetheless, we have very little to go by this early on. It sure beats RNGing.

I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE

SUSPECTS

Burnmad - 1

Manducus - 2

Edited by Voltex Oblige
  • Upvote 6

That does seem like it could point to me.

(But it doesn't. Everyone knows that every single time I kill someone, the clue is related to MOCing.)

Burnmad or Shadow would seem more logical. Xaeraz voted Burn already, so... I guess I'll vote for him as well?

Voting Burnmad.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

You people assume that Taka was innocent last time because she is on the innocent list this time? The list of innocents is just the people who didn't commit the most recent murder.

Is it? Regardless, we still can't vote her this time.

You people assume that Taka was innocent last time because she is on the innocent list this time? The list of innocents is just the people who didn't commit the most recent murder.

Is it? Regardless, we still can't vote her this time.

You see, If it didn't work like that and people who were put on the list stayed innocent, the game would end real fast because more and more people would be confirmed innocent. That's not conducive to a fun mystery game.

bBhcfWO.png

Why did some folks think the clue could implicate Chro ?

Actually, I can ehksplain that.

In Bionifight, Chro used fire as an ability quite a few times, including turning into fire. And, like Chro said...

That does seem like it could point to me.

(But it doesn't. Everyone knows that every single time I kill someone, the clue is related to MOCing.)

Bam.

It's the perfect clue. Vague, but not excessively so. It has yet to be used to implicate Chro as well.

Edited by Monado Boy

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

I was thinking it was Chro's flaming right arm.

Edit: So, it's what, 4-4 now? Any chance we could make it a quad? I want to die in a quad. :c

Edit: Nope, there was ehksditing. It's 4-3-1 now.

Edited by Burnmad: Toa of Emoticons