BIONICLE MAFIA XIX: THE VOLTEX CONSTANT

Voltex

I was thinking it was Chro's flaming right arm.

- :burnmad:

Yes, I can't believe I forgot about that.

That was also something, which occurred in IX. A Mafia game hosted by Voltex.

Something hot relating to Burnmad is just...way too obvious.

• Upvote 2

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Burnmad's mafia and just wants us to hang three villagers at the same time as him. It's obvious. He can't pull a Me by himself, so he wants us to help him do it.

Only I can pull a me >:c

• Upvote 2

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

Burnmad's mafia and just wants us to hang three villagers at the same time as him. It's obvious. He can't pull a Me by himself, so he wants us to help him do it.

Only I can pull a me >:c

Mafia? Pfff, roles are for nubs. I'm anti-village no matter what my role is.

I don't know when I went from Type III to Type II, I just know I lost that extra I somewhere on the road.

• Upvote 5

Why did some folks think the clue could implicate Chro ?

Actually, I can ehksplain that.

In Bionifight, Chro used fire as an ability quite a few times, including turning into fire. And, like Chro said...

That does seem like it could point to me.

(But it doesn't. Everyone knows that every single time I kill someone, the clue is related to MOCing.)

Bam.

It's the perfect clue. Vague, but not excessively so. It has yet to be used to implicate Chro as well.

Well, that does make sense. The question, of course, is how far down the bluff Voltex has gone. Does he want the clue to be so obvious that we miss it, or does he want us to assume that he's tricking us and vote the obvious way? It's rather hard to say, so I'm going to assume for now that he wouldn't give such an obvious clue. However, if Chro turns out to be innocent, we'll know to be more wary.

Switching my vote from Burnmad to Chro.

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)

Eh, whatevs.

Switching vote to Chro.

Doesn't count!

SUSPECTS

Burnmad - 4

Manducus - 3

Chro - 3

Vote Switches Used: Quisoves

E: Not sure what that gap was but it's gone now

(seriously why do I always get weird gaps)

E2: Portal vote counted

Edited by Voltex Oblige

Hmmm... I guess I will go with Chro?

I mean, I don't particularly want another double hang, I'm sated in that department now, but I also think that Burn is far too obvious at this point. I mean, surely it would be that simple, right? =/

So yeah. Voting Chro.

DAY TWO

“It was Burnmad,” Xaeraz spat. “I was right there.”

Rider glanced to the other Matoran and shrugged before speaking. “I’m, uh, not gonna say that it was Burnmad, but… well, the guy kind of looked like him. Also, the guy superheated his hand. Burnmad is the only one that could do that.”

“Not true!” Burnmad protested from behind them. “Chro’s flaming right arm!”

Left arm,” Chro corrected from one of the screens.

“It did look like Burnmad…” Quisoves muttered, trailing off. “But… well, you wouldn’t necessarily keep a flaming arm in plain sight, would you? Maybe he hid it?”

“Yeah, sure,” Xaeraz said, rolling his eyes. “And he also conveniently left our group without us noticing.”

“Whatever, man!” Quisoves snapped, throwing his arms in the air. “I was delirious and I still don’t feel good! Whatever that Voltex Constant is, it feels like it turned my insides inside-out. But left them inside my body. Or whatever I’m trying to say. I don’t feel good.”

On another screen, standing beside the Drifter, Underscore coughed before speaking up. “I agree with Xaeraz - as much as you could be right, Quisoves, it sounds like you were… well, for lack of a better term, useless. I can’t trust the observations of someone who wasn’t even looking. I vote for Burnmad.”

“Well, since I kind of don’t want to die, I’m going to vote for Burnmad,” Chro said. “Plus, he did kind of lead us all on to kill Luroka….”

“I’ll vote for Burnmad too, then,” Taka Nuvia said from another screen. “It makes sense.”

Are these the final votes? the Drifter asked, seeming to gaze at them all through the screens even though nobody could see their face. Very well. Burnmad, the players have spoken - the time has come for you to leave us.

“That’s not fair!” Burnmad snapped. “I’m telling you, it was Chro!”

“Oh, just give it up, Burnmad,” Xaeraz said. “You really need to-”

And then Xaeraz was gone.

---

://ARE YOU WORTHY?

“Where am I?!” Xaeraz asked, glaring around the chamber and stalking towards the control panel. “Who are you?”

://I AM THE VOLTEX CONSTANT.

“I didn’t ask what you were, I asked who you were,” Xaeraz snarled. “Tell me or I start flipping switches.”

The Matoran held his hand over a lever, waiting for a response - but none came. He stood there in silence for several minutes before realizing that he could not outlast what appeared to be a sentient crystal machine. Or whatever this thing was. An idea began to grow in his mind and he stepped back, smirking.

“We have a killer on the loose that we’ve decided needs to, ah, be detained,” he said. “He goes by the name of Burnmad - popular vote deemed him to be trying to find you for the Makuta.”

://SCANNING

://SUBJECT <XIXVII|BURNMAD> FOUND

://ACTIVATING DEFENSE SYSTEMS

://REMOVAL BEGINS IN <2> MINUTES

Xaeraz nodded, smiling in satisfaction before the Voltex Constant “spoke” again.

://<CODING>

://CODING COMPLETE

://SUBJECT <REBOOT|XAERAZ> SPIRIT VALUE <19>

://VOLTEX CONSTANT REACHED

://APPROVED

He did not bothering asking what he was approved for; it was clear that he would not receive an answer. Instead, he waited, until the world faded from view once more. Xaeraz reappeared back in the communications room with the rest of his group, where Quisoves was staring at him, totally dumbfounded.

“What?”

“You…” Quisoves trailed off. “You’re not sick? Or anything?”

“No,” Xaeraz said.

“Why me?” Quisoves asked, sniffling. “That’s not nice.”

://DEFENSE SYSTEMS ACTIVE

://BEGINNING REMOVAL

“Ah, yes, the defense systems,” Xaeraz said, turning to Burnmad. “You’re about to be, uh, ‘removed’ by the Voltex Constant… whatever removal means. Air conditioning seems to equal injecting people with a substance that turns them to ice, so removal is… probably not pretty.”

“Okay, wait,” Burnmad said nervously, having witnessed Unit’s death firsthand. “Okay, it was me - I admit it, okay? It was me! Don’t kill me!”

I am afraid that’s not how it works  , the Drifter said. You have broken our trust.

As he finished speaking, a small hatch in the ceiling above Burnmad opened, shining a green ray of light down upon the Matoran, completely covering him. Frowning, Burnmad moved to step out - only to discover that he could not move at all. Eyes widening, Burnmad pushed with all his might, struggling to move even an inch.

It was impossible.

Small metal spheres slowly descended from the ceiling, hovering in the air around Burnmad. At first, they stopped just a few inches off of the floor; but as more of the spheres came down, they slowly stopped higher and higher, until he was completely surrounded by them.

Then, they moved in.

The spheres shot towards Burnmad in the blink of an eye, attaching to his armor and rapidly replicating all over him. If Burnmad could have screamed, he would have; but he could not even close his mouth as the metal spheres replicated faster than seemed physically possible, a wave travelling down his throat as they coated the entirety of his body. After a moment, they stopped; while Burnmad could not move (nor was anything but his eyes visible), he had to be in extreme pain.

Then, in the blink of an eye, the metal spheres constricted, rapidly merging back together and crushing the Matoran inside until all that was left was a single sphere, hardly larger than a grain of sand. It slowly drifted back up into the ceiling; the hatch closed, the light vanished, and Burnmad was gone.

Burnmad (Mafia) executed.

ALL ROLES PM FOR NIGHT 3!

Edited by Voltex Oblige
  • Upvote 6

Honestly I can't really tell from Burn's reaction.

There aren't too many things to draw from when writing clues for him, though. Or even for me - not much outside of MOCing and fire.

You could just, you know.

Not have clues?

The mafia has a hard enough time surviving to the end of the game without them, even when the game is stacked in their favor.

In addition, clues are too easy to screw up. There are some really inspired clues, like the matoran letter B being made out of birds, for Baltarc, in Dead Sea. But then, in the same game? Makuta Malignus approached his victim and said "You have a tumor. We have to operate," or something along those lines, which is perhaps the most obvious clue I've ever seen in a game of mafia.

Edited by Burnmad: Toa of Emoticons

Honestly I can't really tell from Burn's reaction.

There aren't too many things to draw from when writing clues for him, though. Or even for me - not much outside of MOCing and fire.

You could just, you know.

Not have clues?

The mafia has a hard enough time surviving to the end of the game without them, even when the game is stacked in their favor.

In addition, clues are too easy to screw up. There are some really inspired clues, like the matoran letter B being made out of birds, for Baltarc, in Dead Sea. But then, in the same game? Makuta Malignus approached his victim and said "You have a tumor. We have to operate," or something along those lines, which is perhaps the most obvious clue I've ever seen in a game of mafia.

If there were no clues, combined with only a list of people innocent for that specific scene, then the Village would have no hope at all.

• Upvote 2

I agree completely that clues are very hard to do correctly. Not to say that Voltex doesn't do 'em well (or other hosts).

However, I think that they're less of an issue if (despite being specific) they could implicate multiple people - like the fire clue here, which pointed to you, me, and Shadowblaze too.

Edited by Chro
  • Upvote 2

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits