BIONICLE MAFIA XIX: THE VOLTEX CONSTANT

Voltex

NIGHT THREE

To the player known as Shadow Ignited, the hallways never seemed to end. She trailed at the tail-end of the group travelling with the Drifter, watching as the other players shifted through groups at every fork in the path. At this point, she was the only one remaining from the Drifter’s original group - it appeared that none of the other players had figured that it would be safest by the mysterious figure that had called them out of the past.

---

Shadowhawk shook his head to clear it as he slowly stood to his feet; the blue crystal that several other players had described to him as the Voltex Constant shone within its containment tube.

://<CODING>

://CODING COMPLETE

://SUBJECT <RIVAL|SHADOWHAWK> SPIRIT VALUE <0>

://INSUFFICIENT SPIRIT VALUE

://DENIED

“Wait,” Shadowhawk said, frowning. “Zero? Why zero? What did I do? How do I have no Mafia spirit at all?”

://CHECKING SYSTEMS

://PROCEDURE SEVEN ACTIVE

“What the karz is ‘procedure seven’?”

://RECORDS SHOW THAT SUBJECT <SHADOWHAWK> INCURRED WRATH OF VOLTEX. PENALTY INITIATED.

Before Shadowhawk could protest what was clearly a biased and unfair program, he was returned to his group.

---

Rider had been brand new to this whole “Mafia” thing when the Drifter had seized him out of his own time. He doubted his ability to become one of the supposed “Greatest of the Age” - after all, where was this legendary “Lloyd” player that some of the others had mentioned? Where were 55555 and Automaton and Squishy? He did not know - he did not even know who any of those players were. But several of the veteran players had noted their absences, and Rider was beginning to suspect that something might be amiss.

Then again, he was brand new - chances were he was picking up on the wrong red herrings.

His world vanished.

://SUBJECT <KIKINALO|RIDER> SPIRIT VALUE <3>

://INSUFFICIENT SPIRIT VALUE

://DENIED

Of course I was, he thought with a sigh. I’m not good enough for this Voltex guy’s special machine. Why would I be?

---

When Shadow Ignited’s world disappeared around her, she grinned - it seemed that her time had finally come. The Voltex Constant had selected her.

When she appeared in the chamber, staring at the blue crystal, she was reminded of another similar crystal that she had seen long ago; a crystal that had been the same size but a sinister red, carrying the trapped Voltex inside under the powers of Makuta….

://SUBJECT <IGNITED|SHADOW> SPIRIT VALUE <19>

://VOLTEX CONSTANT REACHED

://APPROVED

She grinned as the world began to disappear; whatever happened now, her goal had been achieved. Hopefully it would help fulfil the Drifter’s mission. Nothing could go wrong now.

---

Everything went wrong the moment she reappeared, staring at the stone statue of a Rahkshi towering over her.

Whatever you do,   the Drifter said from behind her, do NOT look away.

“...what happens if I do?” she whispered.

We are unsure. They remain still when looked upon - it is when you blink or look away that they move, faster than one would think possible  , the Drifter explained.

“It’s another defense system,” the Matoran to her right said. “You know, I had hoped I wouldn’t run into any more of these after I allowed Valendale to perish.”

She glanced over to the speaker, horrified. “That was you?!

“Indeed,” they said with a grin. “And it would appear that admitting to that crime has worked. Have fun with whatever these statue creatures do to you.”

And then her world went black.

To the others, Shadow Ignited slumped to the floor - or rather, her body did. Her head was gone - and in the blink of an eye, so too where the statues. The Drifter glanced over the group before speaking.

We must vote.

Shadow Ignited (Matoran) killed by Mafia.

The Drifter has deemed Toa Chuck, Seaborgium, ToaD, and Tyler innocent of the latest killing; this has caused some controversy, since the killer has openly admitted that they were also responsible for the death of Valendale….

So! A player has reached the Voltex Constant, and yet is dead. Perhaps this is an event to keep in mind?

Edited by Voltex Oblige
  • Upvote 5

...Hm...

Okay, so, in a way we have two innocent lists. This one, and the one for when Valendale died. I'm going to hold my vote until I can properly analyze the scene.

I have a feeling the statues are important...but not what is important about them.

Rahkshi. Based on weeping angels. Which, upon first glance, points at RG...who isn't playing. After all, his name is Rahkshi and he really like Doctor Who.

I must read harder.

• Upvote 1

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Comparing both lists of innocents in me and Valendale deaths, plus dead people, minus The Drifter.

You have 12 suspects out of 26; less than half

That's still a very large number...

Hm...

I'll just go with who I voted when Valendale died, and say Taka.

Edited by Monado Boy

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Comparing both lists of innocents in me and Valendale deaths, plus dead people, minus The Drifter.

You have 12 suspects out of 26; less than half

That's still a very large number...

Hm...

I'll just go with who I voted when Valendale died, and say Taka.

She killed me last time... does she watch Doctor Who?

~Just call me Shadow_Ignited~

Hmmm... As clues go, this one is quite broad. It could be just about anyone, save apparently

*kicks doctor who reference out the window*

You guys saw nothing

Perhaps it's meant as misdirection? Perhaps the killer is someone like Underscore who doesn't like Who? Still, I'm not entirely sold on that.

What else have we got? Rahkshi. Statues. Decapitation. Angels? Weeping?
I'm stumped.

Edited by Quisoves Pugnat

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)

I just realized something. Blade's listed residence is Angel Island. Blade is a fan of Doctor Who. Shadow_Ignited was killed by Rahkshi modeled on Weeping Angels.

It's a bit of a stretch, especially given how little faith Voltex seems to have in the Village, but it does make a certain twisted sense that feels quite at home in BZPower Mafia.

I'm still highly uncertain, but that's probably not going to change. If we all just hold our votes, we risk allowing the Mafia to steer the vote in its favor.

Voting Blade.

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)

I just realized something. Blade's listed residence is Angel Island. Blade is a fan of Doctor Who. Shadow_Ignited was killed by Rahkshi modeled on Weeping Angels.

It's a bit of a stretch, especially given how little faith Voltex seems to have in the Village, but it does make a certain twisted sense that feels quite at home in BZPower Mafia.

I'm still highly uncertain, but that's probably not going to change. If we all just hold our votes, we risk allowing the Mafia to steer the vote in its favor.

Voting Blade.

...Unit also said to vote Blade when he died...

Switching from Taka to Blade, based on that and this logic. I forgot blade liked Doctor Who.

Even though Blade's avatar was Matt Smith for a very long time.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Can we just take a moment to appreciate how frustrating it is to go back and edit the coding in scenes

WHY DO YOU REMOVE THE ITALICS WHEN I TRY TO CHANGE THE FONT COLOR

anyway

SUSPECTS:

Blade - 6

Vote Changes Used: Ehks

E: added shadowhawk vote

E2: added tyler vote

Edited by Voltex Oblige

You're all making a mistake, it wasn't blade. I'm still unsure who it might be, so I am not voting as of yet. But trust me when I say this lynching is going to end poorly for us if we allow blade to hang.

• Upvote 1

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

You're all making a mistake, it wasn't blade. I'm still unsure who it might be, so I am not voting as of yet. But trust me when I say this lynching is going to end poorly for us if we allow blade to hang.

I'm afraid that's not going to happen.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits