Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC: Jayar Forest of Kaam

Keeping pace with the others, Jayar pointed out, "Remember, they have a mind reader. Stealth is effectively impossible. Thus we should maximise defence above covertness."

IC: Lucid / Library

Lucid clambered down the shelf before answering Sepulchral. "Much, but little useful. Except maybe the darning moth."

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

IC: Liquid - Library.

After finding himself at a complete loss to what the Rahkshi in the refectory seemed to be doing, he decided to head over to the library to gain more knowledge. Glancing around the shelves, he attempted to find a text regarding Rahkshi biology to understand more about himself first.

IC: Canvas - Nynrah

"Well... let's just cross that bridge when we come to it." Canvas stepped back and started getting ready to fly, staying close enough to Arms to help him up.

IC: Tear - Infirmary

At last, the Infirmary. Tear gratefully sank down onto a bed and closed his eyes, trying to slow his ragged, pained breathing. "Palma!" he called out hoarsely before promptly passing out.

IC Xi

Xi nodded, then took off right after Canvas.

Wait...

Xi suddenly spun quickly, uprighting himself easily and slowing down in sudden shock as to what happened. He soon recovered and flew alongside, suppressing the pain and the thought of what it might feel like if his leg snapped off.

IC--Magnum Opus--Phantom-on-the-Water

It quickly became obvious that Canvas had been headed for her friend, not the Cauldron. Magnum Opus kept his distance from the pair, not wanting to intrude on their meeting, and started looking around for anywhere the Cauldron might be. He couldn't make out what they were saying, but something in their voices soon made him turn and look more closely. Even as he took in the situation, he was giving up on staying out of their business and walking over to help. "Need a hand?"

IC--Kaboom--Gym

Kaboom had noticed the out-of-control cyclone, of course, but as it hadn't been venturing near them, he had decided that trying to forge a good impression with Swarm was more important to his long-term survival. That said, he allowed himself a sigh of relief as the funnel abruptly dissipated. "Never a dull moment around here, huh?" he grinned, gesturing over to the collection of random debris and unlucky students that was falling to the floor where the whirlwind had been raging a moment earlier.

IC--Shrapnel--Gym

Shrapnel's claws finally lost their grip, and she was torn into the air--and then immediately dropped as the cyclone suddenly disappeared. She curled up on the floor as the whirlwind's payload fell, trying to minimize the chances of being crushed.

IC--Nyarl--Library

Nyarl blinked quizzically at the book held open in his tentacles. So liquid protodermis was just water? Somehow that seemed far too simple...

IC--Footwork--Library

"I...I'm fine, I think. But I'll probably avoid certain fellow students for awhile, just to be sure."

IC--Sepulchral--Library

"Well, we mustn't allow ourselves to become frustrated. Surely there are other places we could..." Sepulchral's voice trailed off as a potentially useful thought occurred to him. "Might we simply meet in members' dorm rooms? I cannot speak for everyone else, but mine, at least, is practically empty."

bionicle_2017_banner_3c.png

Canvas darted back as she noticed Arms struggling, but he soon got himself back under control.

Then a voice came from right behind her, making her jump a little before she realized who it was. "Oh, thanks," she grimaced. She had completely forgotten about Magnum Opus. "And...uh, then we can go to the Cauldron."

IC: Melody - Library

Melody glanced around at the gathered group in concern. "C-can we all f-fit?" she asked. The Corpus dormitories weren't exactly known for their roomy interiors.

IC: Sim - Hallways

"Alright then." I started off with him. The hallways seemed much emptier than earlier.

Slif - Gym

The harness did it's job well. I felt a lot of wind, but I was kept snug. Then all of a sudden the wind died. And rahkshi began to fall out of the sky. I didn't have enough time to get out of my harness without being in danger of a falling rahk.

OOC: Slif open for interaction.

Edited by Coconut Fanatic

IC: Glaciem Ignis - Gym.

Ow... I hurt in places I didn't even know I could feel...

At least we're not dead.

This is your fault.

IC: Sliver - Gym.

I admired the carnage, genuinely impressed by the devastation my cyclone had unintentionally wrought. And to think - one more level up and I could actually control this kind of destructive potential. 

IC: Geuua - Armoury. 

The winds had died down. It seemed the cyclone had finally dissipated. I cracked open the armoury door and poked my head out, taking in the chaos the windstorm had left in its wake. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Xi

If it wasn't for the fact that Xi was already nearly out of adrenaline, he would have screamed when Magnum Opus spoke. ".....Cauldron?"

IC Fountain

Somehow, the attack had lanced off of Sliver's hiding place without her knowledge. Growling under his breath, he released himself from the hungry stone and staggered up against the wall.

Edited by Ghidora131

IC-Swarm

Swarm observed the twister from a distance, seconding Kaboom's opinion. "Quite so." She said. "Well, guess things like that happen when a hundred-odd super-powered servants of darkness are put in one building together."

IC-Amalgamation

As the twister swept through the gym, Amalgamation rammed it's claw into the floor in an attempt to keep itself steady in the high winds. as the winds died down, the malformed Rahkshi regained a neutral stance, shaken, but not swept away. shame that couldn't be said for most of the other students nearby...

OOC

Others will come later, assuming I find out where all the action is...

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

(I'll do this eventually, I swear...)

My BZPRPG Characters

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Kol Arsenal Swarm Amalgamation

Skyrise Characters: Zavon

IC: Shark / Gym

Unsurprisingly, Shark had been unfazed by the cyclone. He had simply commanded the Gym to strongly magnetize the floor beneath his metal feet, holding him fast enough against the winds. Had the storm happened to stray closer to him, things might have become troublesome. But as it was, the storm stayed clear of  the fairly out-of-the-way position he had been watching the Gym from, and he was able to brace himself, swaying somewhat but otherwise immobile, against the winds.

As a responsible prefect, he had made similar commands on behalf of a few other students as well, though none too close to the gale - it was better that they were swept up than their feet ripped off.

Now that the storm was dying down, though, he allowed the floor to return to normal. Looked like there was going to be cleanup to do...

OOC: I think that makes enough sense. The students I mentioned him helping would be NPCs, though if anyone wants their character can have been/be among them too.

IC: Thurisaz / Gym

"Flee, my friend!" Thurisaz commanded Tube, moving to try drag the Rahkshi of Slow from the cyclone's path (chances were he wouldn't die if he were caught in the cyclone, though if he saved poor dazed Tube at the cost of a good battering he'd look pretty good). But then it turned out that the storm was starting to die down anyways. Oh well.

IC Hollow

Thankfully, the overly long trip to the infirmary wasn't too long, but Hollow was partly responsible for the time of the journey, based on his overly inflated ego forcing him to suck up all pain and go extremely slowly.

However, his joys of finding the room empty were utterly smashed. Grumbling to himself, he slowly took a seat, clutching his stomach and hoping he didn't pass out.

We sat up, propping ourselves against the nearest wall. Anything broken, sis?

Not on my side. You? My shoulder ached, spiky armour dented and bent out of shape from our impact with the wall.

I don't think so. 

You don't think. About anything. Ever. If you did, we wouldn't have gotten sucked into a karzing cyclone!

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

"Yeah, it's... uh..." Canvas began haltingly, her mind obviously elsewhere, "It's this place with lots of paints and... uh... metal and... just... just forget about the Cauldron. We need to get you to Palma!"

She motioned to Magnum Opus and said, "Keep an eye on him, and make sure he doesn't crash into anything on the way there. I'll be right on the other side."

IC: Tube - Gym

Tube blinked as the dissipating winds of the cyclone lashed out and passed around their armor before sinking to the ground in shock, their eyes fixed on where the cyclone had been moments before

IC Fountain

Odd two-head stuck out like a sore thumb in the middle of the Corpus gym. They  didn't appear to be too injured, but in no position to resist, either.

Fountain started walking over. It would be a surprise if they did not notice him by the time he was there.

IC Xi

Metal? Paint?

Ah, so THAT was how she changed her look...

Hopefully he would get the time to see this area with her later. Or with anybody! It didn't have to be her! Sheesh... Why am I so nervous?

IC Doubt

Now that the storm had proved its strength and was dying down, so did the windspeed of this fragmentaton Rahk. He found himself aligned with the back of the stone hand, and was about to reach up and unhook himself when the fingers broke.

He collapsed in an undignified heap, chain ball landing aside him, next to Grim.

IC: Gaever / Nynrah

After a while, Gaever casually took a seat on one good sized block - transporting rubble was tiring, even for a Rahkshi, even for her (though she was loathe to admit it) - and looked over the pile of rubble. It was starting to look plausible that they had what accumulated what they would need. "This might possibly be sufficient," she said to Blue. "Now, some sort of mortar will be required."

Edited by Sergei Rahkmaninoff

"You don't have a very good grasp of how cyclones work, do you?" I hissed, my anger reigniting the moment I looked at the other rahk, "They don't suck, or blow. They circulate." 

It seemed the sound of their Master's voice restored some clarity for Tube, and they slowly turned to face him with a small grin. "I'm good!" they replied easily. They didn't dare to use Thurstaz's hand to pull themselves up, and instead slowly staggered to their feet alone. "What happened to the murderer?" they asked, searching for the mammoth form of Ezec.

IC: Call - Dorms

At last, Call's hand found the right knob, and he fumbled with the key, desperately trying to get inside. When at last the door fell open, Call lost his balance and collapsed inside with a crash of armor. His breath came in ragged, pained gasps. He didn't dare move for many long moments, and when he did, it was a slow, weary crawl towards his bed. One, two, and he heaved himself up, finally resting himself on the bed. Though it wasn't much softer than the floor, right then it felt like Artahka.

I just... need rest... just... a moment.

He could hardly form the words in his mind. His thoughts were hazy through the agony of his body melting away without the hindrance of his abilities. And yet his hand shakily glided up to the bag at his neck, fingers grasping at the indistinct forms of the mementos in the cloth. He could remember each and every brother and sister he brought them for. The pleading, frightened looks on their faces as the light faded from their eyes. He had been there for each one, holding their hand, comforting them as they succumbed to the plague.

He was all alone now. Just him, and their memories.

I'm... so... so... sorr...

Call could feel them with him now. Wherever they were, he was coming to them, coming to tell the tales of Corpus Rahkshi and the things they didn't get to experience. The magical Gymnasium, the kind friends, and even the Refectory slop. All of it. And he could almost see their eyes lighting up once more with pleasure, welcoming him home despite it all.

• Upvote 1

IC: Shock - Phantom-on-the-Water Ruins

This was getting ridiculous. I drop another piece down, before pausing. Then I start to scream out of frustration. "NO GOOD RAHKSHI! ALL WE EVER DO IS KILL EACHOTHER. SURVIVAL IS NEVER GUARANTEED. EACH DAY WE LIVE IN FEAR. ALL. BECAUSE. OF. OURSELVES!!!" I kick the piece of rubble with enough power to trip a Muaka. With it being rubble and I a Rahkshi, the chunk of building shatters. My foot aches, but I don't care. A few weeks ago, I would have been on the ground cursing, with Nightmare helping me up as he laughed. Then we would have continued on our ridiculous quest for total domination of the school. But now... I just don't feel much. I've tried to cover up my sadness with more jokes, bullying, but... Now it was leaking out. And there was nothing I could do. I'm sorry, Nightmare. I'm just not strong enough to live your memory. I've failed you. Dejected, I revert to flight mode, and head back to the school.

IC: Vitesse - Gym/Halls

I want to say as I fell to the ground that I landed into a frontward roll, to stand up in an instant.

That would be a massive lie.

In actuality, I had been pulled into the cyclone, and after a brief few moments it simply disappeared. There was not enough time for me to react, and I collapsed to the ground, flat on my back. Groaning, I slowly sit up. "A little... Warning would be nice next time..." I brace myself upwards, legs shaking a bit. I think I've overstayed my welcome here... Maybe the library holds something less... Painful. With that thought, I head out the door.

IC: Mortsia- Halls/Dorm

It's too late for me.

I've been marked, and it's only a matter of time before it consumes me.

Maybe I could fight it.

I chuckle nervously at the thought as I enter my dorm.

No. I could only fend it off for a matter of seconds.

The best I can do is to contain the incident... Alone.

Besides, no one here likes me.

I'm the outcast, the "white knight" in a grim world.

He who fights against the norm.

Maybe I'm just better as a memory.

But I doubt I would be a fond one.

And so, I sit on my bed, waiting for the enemy to eventually show its face.

Waiting for my inevitable fate.

IC: Draco - Gym

Well, now that the cyclone was contained, I turned to Grim. "We need to confront Sliver about this. The situation got way out of hand, all because of some spar she got angry with."

IC: Malattia- Infirmary

" 'Gee, thank you. Thanks for helping me carry myself to the infirmary and pass out.' Why, you're welcome Tear! I'd be happy to do it again any time. Just give me a call." I mutter under my breath. Bah, the difficulties of having Tare as a friend. I sigh, exhausted, then sit down at the side of the bed. Maybe I'm being too harsh. Gah, this whole situation I've tangled myself in is a nightmare.

IC: Revenant - Refectory/Halls

I finish up my half decent meal, before getting up, and going to the gym nearby.

IC: Pentalik -Nynrah

I land on the island, and look up... To see rubble. I stand there, shocked, as I gaze across the apocalyptic-esque zone. What... What happened here? For a few moments, I can do nothing but stand there. Then, I slowly regain mobility. I look around, mortified. then, I see them. Two Rahkshi, one heavily modified, we're taking a rest... From what? Could they... Could they have been killing off survivors? "H-hello?" I call out to them, fearful.

OOC: Shock, Vitesse, Malattia, and Revenant OFI. Pentalik calling out to Gaever and Blue.

Edited by Sassy Dalmation

Corpus Rahkshi: Shock, Mortsia, Draco,  Dahl, and Carraig 

RPG score card:
Bionifight Infinite

08954f34332a96d31850e49325e8f196.jpg

IC: Exxan - Dorm.

I returned to my room and flopped down onto my bed, letting out a pent-up sign of exasperation. I felt like an idiot. Why did I come back here? I'd been dead, as far as everyone here was concerned. All of the friends I'd come back to help were already gone, and most of them hated me anyway. Except for maybe Phogen - and I still got a headache trying to understand how she fit into my feelings - I had no reason to stay, and given that she'd been missing, she couldn't have been the reason I'd returned.

So why, then? What had I been trying to prove, and who had I been trying to prove it to? Running and hiding had been my whole life up until now, making calculated decisions, thinking calmly and rationally, and then I came here and everything went to karz. And even after I'd escaped I'd come running right back into the chaos. 

I sighed, almost laughing at the irony. I tried so hard to analyse every one and thing around me, yet I couldn't understand myself.

IC: Xara - Forest of Kaam.

"Let's just find Cao," I muttered, scything my blade through a branch that was sagging into my path. "Besides, since they know we're coming, and possibly setting traps or whatever, I don't see much point in strategising or trying to be sneaky." I sheathed my blades, quickening my pace, "The best chance we have of negotiating with them is by convincing them we don't mean any harm."

Okay, you know what, let's just agree to disagree.

What's that meant to mean?

You think it's my fault, I think it's yours. 

Your point being?

So let's just stop arguing, and move on? And move, in general, cuz out butt's already sore from the landing, and sitting around on it like this definitely isn't helping.

That may be the smartest suggestion you've ever made. I'm impressed. 

IC: Vyper - Tower Ruins.

"Anyway, this has been fun," I started to climb down off the tower, "But I think I'm going to go now." 

IC: Bonegleam - Graveyard.

I sat down, wheezing for breath. It'd taken a few hours of work, but at last I'd finished assembling a rough perimeter around the graveyard by dragging together chunks of rubble to form a foot-high barrier.

It wasn't a proper wall yet, of course, but it was enough to establish the limits of my domain. My bones and I belonged within, and everything else could keep the karz out. 

IC: Sugil/Geuua - Gym.

Having sheltered myself from the rampant cyclone by shaping the gym to my will once more, I calmly got back to my feet and took in my surroundings, spotting a vaguely familiar rahk peering out from a side room. "Wait... no way..."

I recognised those symbols. 

"Geuua!" I roared, advancing on where she stood, "You pathet-" I broke off as she stepped out of the armoury, revealing a form that was significantly augmented from when I'd last seen her. 

"What do you want, Sugil?" She didn't look like the frightened, feeble wretch I'd once known, but I wasn't convinced by her imposing exterior. The little sister whose body I'd watched get broken and beaten was still in there somewhere. The one whose mind I'd delighted in torturing and tormenting. 

I smiled coldly, expression impassive, "I want a lot of things, dear sister. I want you to stop trying to be brave. I want you to stop pretending to be something you're not. I want you to..."

She moved, and suddenly I was on my back on the floor, head reeling from an impact I hadn't even seen coming. "You're all words, you sun-loving slime," I heard her spit, and then I abruptly succumbed to unconsciousness. 

IC: Vlad / Hallways near Mortsia's Dorm

Vlad had been keeping himself occupied in one mundane way or another, but it had now been a while since anything notable happened to him.

Perhaps that was soon to change: as he wandered the halls he spotted a somewhat familiar dark red and silver Rahk enter his dorm, looking depressed. "Mortsia?" he called out with some concern, approaching the room.

IC: Blue-Phantom Ruins

Blue nodded and sat down on a pile of rubble, looking warily at her shaking hands. This was the most physical labor she'd ever done, so she didn't know if this was normal, or due to her... Somewhat absentminded father's unfinished build of her. "Do you know how to make mortar? Because I have no idea." She admitted before hearing a voice at the edge of the clearing. Turning quickly, she put a hand on her bladed staff in case this newcomer was less than friendly. "Uh... Hello to you too. Can we help you?"

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodies? Your grace."

"I know that one. 'Who watches the Watchmen?' Me, Mr. Pessimal."

"Ah, but who watches you, your grace?"

"I do that too. All the time."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

IC Fountain

The silver-skirted Rahkshi could not help but let off a grin at the clearly combating faces of Glaciem and Ignis. He quickly recovered, however, as he shortened the distance between them to only a few bio - still long enough to avoid their attacks.

"Pray tell me then; who does Icarax hire?"

IC Spindle

There.

No, not there, dummy. There.

That was one of the ones in the assassin "game". She had control over the wind, and, no likelier suspect could be found. So Spindle stuffed the rainbow scarf into his bag and formed a wall in front of Sliver, cutting him off from her view, as he raced towards it.

It seemed the sound of their Master's voice restored some clarity for Tube, and they slowly turned to face him with a small grin. "I'm good!" they replied easily. They didn't dare to use Thurstaz's hand to pull themselves up, and instead slowly staggered to their feet alone. "What happened to the murderer?" they asked, searching for the mammoth form of Ezec.

IC Ezec: 

As if on cue, the titanic form of the White God slammed into the floor at Tube's feet. A low groan of what was most definitely pain could be heard.

IC: Draco - Gym

Well, now that the cyclone was contained, I turned to Grim. "We need to confront Sliver about this. The situation got way out of hand, all because of some spar she got angry with."

IC Grim:

The adapt rahk stood, somewhat shakily, a frown crossing their face.

"Perhaps our headmaster made a poor choice in his enforcers, then." He said bluntly, looking over at Sliver on the opposite end of the gym.

"It would seem he's been defeated," Thurisaz said, with a satisfied glance down at Ezec. "Now all that remains is his punishment, which I should hope the Prefects can find time for - " here he glanced around at Icarax' chosen, speaking to them as much as Tube, " - or we shall have to exact justice ourselves."

A high squeak of what was probably surprise and/or mortal terror followed as Tube jumped back from the godlike projectile. But they quickly recovered their courage, if not their dignity, as their Master spoke. A wicked grin lit upon their faceplates. "Why wait?" they asked. "Let's break him already!"

IC Fountain

"Pray tell me then; who does Icarax hire?"

Huh? 

What?

"I'm not entirely sure what you mean." 

IC Spindle

So Spindle stuffed the rainbow scarf into his bag and formed a wall in front of Sliver, cutting him off from her view, as he raced towards it.

I stumbled back away from the wall, surprised by its sudden appearance. What the karz?

IC: Glass

Glass stared for a few seconds and burst out laughing.

"Was that a joke? Because-" he was cut off by a wall materialising in front of him.

"What-" and then he saw another Rahk dashing at the wall, almost as if he was going to daah his headpiece on it.

This day sucks.

No it doesn't. Didn't you hear? It circulates.

• Upvote 1

Choosing not to notice his vassal's fright, Thurisaz told Tube, "Your eagerness is appreciated, but not just yet." There was a fine line between heroic and villainous vigilantism, and to fall on the heroic side there had to be an apparent negligence on the part of the authorities.

IC: Shark / Gym

It was not Shark's intention to exhibit that negligence. He commanded the Gym floor to sprout clamps about Ezec's limbs to hold him down, accompanying the thought with a clenching gesture in the self-proclaimed diety's direction - not necessary for the actual command but helpful in showing that he was responsible for it.

He did so as he was stepping, swift and silent, towards Draco and Grim. "I will conclude the murderer's punishment, if you wish to speak to Sliver," he told them.

IC Fountain

It took a great effort from Fountain not to boil over with rage. "You blundering ignoramus! Has the cyclone sucked your shared I.Q. level as well?!"

"I spoke to you no more that ten minutes ago, and you've already forgotten what I conveyed. I spoke to you on the maters of Icarax employing the deplorable blackguards of which this domicile harbors in large quantity, and you shrugged it off like poppycock. Well, how does your testimony stand, now that the room has been besmirched?"

IC Spindle

Ah, crud. Our dear electrical friend was also watching.

Wasting no time, Spindle bounced off the wall, forming an elaborate moving sequence of walls and pillars to simultaneously continue to conceal himself from Sliver and loose himself from Glass, although he had no doubt that the latter would be able to trace him if he liked.

When the chaos dropped, having only lasted a couple seconds, Spindle was against the doorway, knitting needle and yarn in hand, looking around at the air where the maze had been before, a frightened expression on his face.

I blinked a few times, trying to make sense of what the karz had been going on with the walls.

____________________________________________________________________________________

I still don't get it.

Neither do I.

"Icarax doesn't hire anyone," I was getting a distinct sense of deja vu from this conversation. 

"And what's that even got to do with the cyclone?" I agreed. 

IC Fountain

It was if as, behind the sturdy metal mouth, he was smiling.

"You miss the fact. These," he slowly motioned towards Sliver a ways off, "Are Icarax's new private police. And if they spontaneously erect windstorms capable of knocking the sensibility out of anyone inside for no reason at all..."

He sighed deeply, and glanced over the school, a false sense of pity for the place coming over him. "Well... Regenerative rock might not keep up fast enough."

IC: Mortsia- Dorm

My eyes snap open, and I feel the mark of madness fading. "Vlad?" I say hoarsely. Where were those thoughts coming from?

*You know very well.*

I thought I got rid of him...

IC: Draco- Gym

"Perhaps. Sliver is rather... Sadistic. I doubt she puts the safety of the population first." I respond to Grim, before turning to Shark. "Alright. Just make sure no one else executes the punishment. This situation is messy enough as it is." With that, I let the shoes holding me down melt back into the gym. Turning around, I start walking over to Sliver, passing Ezec... Before stopping nearby, where Necrosmith fell. I grab my weapon, before placing it on my back, and continuing on my path.

IC: Pentalik - Nynrah

I hear the word mortar. "May I ask what you are doing?" I ask, a little more relaxed. Unless they were turning Matoran corpses into mortar, they seemed to be builders... Something I could get behind.

Corpus Rahkshi: Shock, Mortsia, Draco,  Dahl, and Carraig 

RPG score card:
Bionifight Infinite

08954f34332a96d31850e49325e8f196.jpg