Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC: Malady (Hallways)

Breathing heavily, each strained intake and expelling of air like the heaving gasps of a Muaka running for hours on end, I launch the Kraata down the hall in an overarm throw, intending not to harm it but instead to jolt and severely injure it. Picking up the suit, I heave it over to a nearby window- one which conveniently looks straight out over the sea. With a quick glance over my shoulder to make sure nobody is watching, I push the mechanical armour out of the window. With nothing to break its fall, the suit would surely be dashed against the rocks.

VBWj75sh.png

IC: Fang - Nynrah

Fang didn't dare use plasma to survey the forest this time. His natural night vision would have to do. He made a small circle around the group and then moved outward, searching for the slightest sign of movement.

IC: Hoto - Nynrah

Jayar's assurances did help a little. Phogen had built up her whole cabal from nothing, and she could do it again if she needed to. "Okay," Hoto sighed as she fell back against another tree. Her eyes slowly slid shut, but she was too nervous to sleep now.

IC: Rain - Infirmary

What the Karz is that guy doing with his feet? How could anyone get their proper rest with him tapping away like that?

Fortunately, he had stopped for the moment. If she was fully healed, he would regret his annoyance.

A few days ago:
Sirens whirred on and off as the red light on the wall turned over and over, matoran rushing down below it reaching for doors, weapons, computers anything that they could get their hands on. At the top of a pair of stairs, stood a lone Makuta, large and green, he loomed over everyone that passed by him. He clacked down the stairs with a grim expression on his face. As a matoran passed by he picked them up by the throat and lunged them at the wall.

"What, is happening?" Asked Mutran, as the matoran struggled to say anything while reaching for Mutran's arm. His grip tightened around the matoran's throat and repeated "What in the name of Karz is happening?" as the matoran slumped into unconscious. He threw the matoran to the floor and turned to face another passing matoran.

"You!" He shouted, the other matoran stumbling back by the sudden shouting. "Tell me, what is happening!". He bent over the tiny matoran.

"Uhh, uh uh!" Stuttered the matoran. "Uh, the experiment escaped, uh, Project Tool."

"Oh yes, the mutant. Show me." Leered the Makuta, walking over to the large screens that littered the room. Over them were projections of what the other matoran and visorak were seeing, out in the field. Mutran leaned over a chair to peer in at them.

Out in the field, the matoran and visorak were steadily speeding along, whether it be on foot, Gukko or Fikou.

"150 bio and counting!" Shouted one matoran at the front to the other matoran, his infected mask shifting on his face. Above the forest floor, on the top of the trees, the Visorak chittered to each other.

"Why do we have to work with them?" A keehlerak said to a vohrak.

"Why can't we just eat them?"

"Don't question the Makuta's intrests, lest you suffer the fate of that other fool."

"50 bio!" Shouted the matoran again.

"It seems to have stopped moving, specifically set your weapons to stun, Mutran wants this one alive."

"So, how did it escape?" Asked Mutran to the matoran in the chair.

"It broke out of its vial, our heat and movement sensors didn't pick up anything 'til the glass hit the floor. We lost it until it exited the building, but we shot it with a dart, so we know where it is now. It also stopped by the armory, picking up some gloves and an axe - and leaving behind a very messy job."

Mutran laughed.

"Only level one, yet showing signs of intelligence of a level six. I did good with this one."

"Ten Bio!" Shouted the lead again. "Nine! Eight! Arms at the ready! Four! Three! Two! ONE!"

They stopped, coming to... Nothing. Nothing, but a small dart, bleeping as it flashed red, on and off. The leader stood up off his Fikou and slowly edged forward, moving his gun around to see if there was anything around, but also came to nothing. He bent down and picked it up.

"That's the dart." He said.

"So where is it?" Asked Mutran.

The matoran looked around, at his visor, and back around.

"No thermal signatures, or any movement signatures from here." He said.

"No, wait, I'm picking up something."

"Me too."

"and I."

"Also here." Went the chorus of the matoran drolly, each picking up after the other ended. The lead matoran put down his visor, and followed the heat signature, turning right around, and then came to the heat signature of a leg, right in front of him.

"It can change it's heat." Said Mutran, as the Rahkshi came out of its hiding, turning from the green of the forest to its mottled white.

"It can camouflage!" Shouted the lead matoran, as he was picked up by his neck and swiftly decapitated, his lifeless body thrown to the floor.

"So that's the type that I made." Said Mutran cheerfully.

"FIRE!!" Shouted another, and the sound of gun-shots filled the air, followed by the roar of the Rahkshi as it was pelted with darts.

It charged forward, swinging its axe, cutting through 5 matoran. A rhotuka swirled throgh the air and hit the rahkshi on its arm, stopping it dead. The rahkshi dropped the axe and went to where the rhotuka hit, stumbling backwards, kicking two more matoran into a tree, before dragging it off and throwing it onto another, enveloping it whole as it fell to the ground stunned. A gukko swung in too close, and was clutched by the rahkshi and thrown into a handy circle of tightly clumped matoran. The remaining matoran started to retreat, but were swiftly brought down, being crushed, cut, sliced, killed.

Back at the station, Mutran laughed, deep and hard.

"Yes, this is excellent. Tridax will have a job on his hands now.

Present day:
The ground shook and rumbled, as the monstrous rahkshi crashed to the ground from its flight. It walked forward heavy-footed, each step shaking the floor slightly, taking it forward towards the front entrance of the corpus. The corpus now had a big handful to look after now.

OOC: Mutant open for interaction.

• Upvote 1

IC: Exxan - Beach.

"I did have an idea, actually...." I trailed off, hesitant, "....but I'm honestly not sure if I can trust you with it." 

IC Phogen: "I never turn back on my business partners." Phogen grins impishly at him. "And... if you are trusting me not to rat you out to Teridax, you might s well trust me with your plans. Perhaps I could help in a way that wont get me killed."

Essie: "Small talk subroutine complete. Were my useless vocalizations inane enough to bring you a sense of comfort?"

Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=763471

"Business partner?" I sighed, eyes downcast. "This is exactly why I have trouble trusting you. You just... it's like flicking a switch... you go from emotional to emotionless in an instant." 

I looked back over to her. "I've never had your talent for reading people; I can't always tell if people really mean the things they say. And with you, that's even harder." 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC--Beat--Infirmary

Beat got up from the bed and stood upright. She wobbled a bit, just for a moment, but quickly found her balance again. Yep, good as new. "Well," she said, turning back toward Blade, "I'm ready when you are."

IC--Footwork--Halls

"Excellent! I really can't thank you enough, mister..."

IC--Sepulchral--Halls

The sensation of flying through the air woke him with a start. Sepulchral instinctively increased his density when he saw the wall roaring toward him, but, as seemed to be the recent trend, his effort wasn't quite enough. He impacted the wall with bruising force and slid wetly to the floor. It was then that he realized his suit was missing.

Edited by Dark_Stranger

bionicle_2017_banner_3c.png

IC--Sepulchral--Halls

In Sepulchral’s current condition, he couldn't entirely avoid the savage blow, and while his increased density spared him the puncture wounds his enemy's mace would have inflicted, it wasn't enough to keep the sheer blunt force from smashing his tail into a formless pulp. Choking back a scream of agony, he decided to resort to reason once more. It was hardly likely to work, but he was well and truly out of options. "Now look here," he managed, in what he hoped was a firm yet gentle tone, "surely you can't expect to murder a fellow student without consequences?"

IC--Footwork--Halls

"Brilliant! Where to first?"

IC: Dakilik

Dakilik stared at Malattia as she walked off. At least he knew where to find him. He then shook his head, coming out of a daze, and turned to the two remaining bandmates. "OK, here's what we do. We have two ways left to get music. One, check the Cauldron. That place has anything and everything we should need... we hope. 

"Second, if that doesn't work out, we head to the mainland. Getting there will be the easy part. Getting back... that's when things get tricky."

IC: Karzfire

Karzfire, after waiting quite a while for Shark to reappear, growled in fury. Unless he had a particularly large hitlist, he'd taken way too long getting back to their duel. He tromped off to the Refectory, going to get some nutrients before the battle. He shoved a small Rahk on the way.

IC: Hakrii

Hakrii fell to the wall as Karzfire shoved into her. Hard. She was still peeved after getting rebuffed by the dinner party,  now this? She had a short fuse, and it was just lit. She used her Power Scream abilities on Karzfire, hopefully deafening him. Served him right.

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

IC Flabbergaster

"Well, here is the infirmary." He said, gesturing with his hand to the doorway before nodding to Beat. "Here a Rahkshi named Palma can heal you of nearly every injury. To the best of my knowledge, she can do anything aside from re-growing limbs."

Now, come along, and i'll take you to the gym." Flabbergaster switched back into flight mode (it was so much safer than charging) and slowly took off down the halls, expecting Footwork to follow.

"Business partner?" I sighed, eyes downcast. "This is exactly why I have trouble trusting you. You just... it's like flicking a switch... you go from emotional to emotionless in an instant."

I looked back over to her. "I've never had your talent for reading people; I can't always tell if people really mean the things they say. And with you, that's even harder."

IC Phogen: For some odd reason, that felt like a blow to the gut and her carapace fractured. Her smile flickered, tried to remain star for a moment, and then gave up, vanishing into a slightly ashamed frown. It didn't make sense. There was nothing in those words that should have shocked her or made her feel guilty. Yet here she was.

Phogen looked at her feet and leaned into Exxan, trying to come up with words to reassure or manipulate, but all she could manage was a pathetic "I-I'm lonely, and being... Phogen helps with that. It makes me b-better." The words were unsure and nebulous. Inwardly, something was thrashing and screaming at her, letting her know this was an idiotic move, and a show of weakness. "I'm sorry I do that around you, but... But I feel like I have to. Like it hurts a little not to, or that I'm gonna get stabbed in the back unless I stab them first. Oh... I don't know... I'm sorry" Phogen cupped her head, looking down, mind downing in these new feelings and sensations.

Essie: "Small talk subroutine complete. Were my useless vocalizations inane enough to bring you a sense of comfort?"

Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=763471

"Pretending not to care isn't going to help you feel less lonely," I said softly, reaching out and wrapping a gentle arm around her, holding her close. It felt good, being close to her like this. I'd never been good at expressing myself, being open and caring and earnest. But with Phogen, it was easy. I'd seen her at her most fragile, her must vulnerable. Compared to that, my difficulties were nothing. 

"You don't have to hide who you are and what you feel. If you care about people, tell them." I managed a small, sad smile, "Not everyone gets a second chance like this..." 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Dakilik stared at Malattia as she walked off. At least he knew where to find him. He then shook his head, coming out of a daze, and turned to the two remaining bandmates. "OK, here's what we do. We have two ways left to get music. One, check the Cauldron. That place has anything and everything we should need... we hope. 

"Second, if that doesn't work out, we head to the mainland. Getting there will be the easy part. Getting back... that's when things get tricky."

OOC: If you plan to bunny us to the cauldron or causeway, you have my permission.

IC (As Tangirahk): "Let's go to the cauldron then, now lead the way."

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

IC: Holistic

(Refectory | With Shark)

"Interesting. The assignment on Visorak sounds too dangerous, the one where you ruined holiday decorations sounds childish and pointless while the mock assasination seems like an ideal assignment. In my opinion assignments should be challenging and dangerous, but there should be a minimal chance of anyone perishing or suffering grievous injuries."

I insert some nutriment into my digestive system. "This principal truly seems incompetent. I assume he doesn't listen to any advice or constructive criticism the students might provide?"

Edited by Daniel the Dwarf

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Shark / Refectory

"I doubt it," Shark agreed, keeping an eye on Karzfire as he stomped his way into the Refectory, still trying to be tough. It was almost worth a laugh, except Shark never laughed.

He didn't move from his position at the table, either, though. Karzfire would just have to wait while Shark casually slurped down his tasteless slop.

IC: Lucid / Gym, Halls

At long last, Lucid had gleaned all the information through the Gym ceiling that she could. (Or maybe she was just getting bored.) She got out of the pool and, without the slightest effort to dry herself and thus still dripping wet, wandered out of the Gym and aimlessly into the halls.

OOC: Lucid open to interaction in the halls.

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

"All right, then!" Dakilik led Tangirahk and Senor Fraug to the Cauldron, hoping that some music would be there.

OOC: Dakilik and group to Cauldron. Would add Karzfire/Hakrii post, but my Interwebs are dying slowly.

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

IC--Beat--Halls/Gym

Striding back through the doors of the gym (and resisting the urge to pick another fight), Beat began scanning the floor for what was left of Blade's equipment. 

OOC: Dragon, unless you say otherwise I'm going to let Blade find his stuff so you can decide exactly how bad the damage is. 

IC: Malady (Hallways)

I giggle. "Of course that's what I expect!" With that, I grab the Kraata and dropkick it- this time out of the window.

IC: Mu (Causeway)

The sight of a small Rahkshi dropping from the sky after a rather wobbly flight from the other side of the universe is not one that inspires much confidence in the New Breed of Rahkshi, dear reader. 

It also shakes one's faith in the true competence of Rahkshi when said small New Breed Rahkshi makes a near-perfect landing, before tripping over its own small feet, performing an accidental forward roll and ending up with its faceplate buried in the wet sand off to the side of the Causeway. 

You may not be inclined to believe this narrator's authenticity, reader, when our Rahkshi picks itself up and, faced with an aggressive Shallows Cat, removes a pair of spoons from its belt instead of a sword.

A Shallows Cat attaching itself to the Rahkshi's faceplate is also a strange sight.

A Shallows Cat then jumping off the Rahkshi's faceplate as a result of being too obsessed with its personal cleanliness is, perhaps, a rather comedic sight.

Nevertheless, when this Rahkshi- who, for those of you who do not know how to read IC tags- who goes by the name of Mu, younger brother and greatest fan of the deceased Rahkshi Omega, finally manages to haul himself up onto the Causeway once more, panting and breathing heavily, he seems even more of a comical sight with his oversized spoons and bo staff.

IC: Nymph (Library)

As Fior's breathing becomes slower and her head begins to nod, I smile quietly to myself- partially with self-satisfaction with having found a friend, and partially with the intriguing storyline of Matoran und Panzer.

OOC: Mu open for interaction.

Edited by Miras the Omniscient

VBWj75sh.png

IC--Beat--Gym

Beat stood aside and allowed Blade to gather his stuff. The cloak didn't look too much worse, as far as she could see, and the shield could probably be patched up, though it definitely wouldn't look as nice as before.

IC--Sepulchral--Halls/Outside

Bloody psychopath.

As he plummeted down toward the rocks, Sepulchral curled into a ball and frantically increased his density, pushing through pain and exhaustion in a desperate bid for survival.  

IC: Malady (Hallways-->Infirmary)

I grin. Suddenly overwhelmed by a wave of weakness, my head wound begins pouring out blood once again. Using my mace as a crutch in order to walk, I stagger through the hallways towards the infirmary.

OOC: Malady open for interaction on her way to the infirmary.

VBWj75sh.png

IC--Sepulchral--Outside

S

P

L

A

T

"Well, I suppose this is a good sign," Sepulchral muttered weakly. "My pain receptors would hardly be functioning with this level of efficiency if I were no longer living..." He lifted his head groggily and saw his semi-intact Rahkshi suit lying prone on the rocks just over a bio away. "Huh. That is conven--"

He collapsed, unconscious.

IC Flabbergaster

Soon he would reach the Gym. maybe that was where Beat and-

Another wounded Rahk in the hallways. How many people get killed here, anyway?

He switched out of flight mode and skidded to Malady's side. "Here, let me help you."

He looked back down the halls. "Hey! dancing guy! I could use some help here!"

IC--Beat--Gym

"Well...do you know if there's a forge around here? Someplace we can get your shield patched up?"

IC--Footwork--Halls

"Egad!" Running up with a renewed barrage of clicking, Footwork took this new Rahkshi's mace and slid his shoulder under her arm, supporting her. "What in the name of Teridax happened to you?"

Edited by Dark_Stranger

IC: Glaciem Ignis - Gym.

I'm starting to like this place, sis.

I love it.

We continued slicing away at the targets as they appeared around us, waiting for another worthy opponent to appear.

OOC: Glaciem Ignis open for sparring.