Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC Grim:

"So it would seem. You are indeed capable, and The Mistress knows potential."

On Grim's part, their suit seemed to be..... squirming. Like as if something was inside that wanted out. THey frowned, looking down at their body as it grew in intensity, parts of the armor stretching and morphing viciously out wards, pulling them every direction at once.Grim fell to their knees, convulsing and contorting in various strange ways that this author is just too lazy to describe until at last.....

It simply stopped. Grim sucked in heavy breaths of air as the sensations passed.While most Rahkshi leveled up in a fairly consistant form, Adaption Rahkshi were different each time.

Slowly, They stood, feeling the power wash through them. The rhotuka they'd picked up was aatched much more naturally now, looking like it had been part of the Suit all along. Grim smiled. Level Three.

With a bit of concentration, he lengthened his claws, making them broader and stronger. They formed flexible almost chainmail like armor across their joints, and a pair of clear, thick plates extended over their eyes.

The chain was thin, and not as protective as the thicker armor plates of their suit, but it was the most they could manage at the current moment.

Satisfied, Grim looked at Sliver once more. 

"Where would you strike now, if you were ordered to eliminate me?"

While Grim had faith in his own abilities, it never hurt to know where an opponent, especially a competent one would likely aim for.

IC Mar'jik:

Arriving at the Courtyard, Mar'jik switched to his own variation on flight mode, putting Sidonas in his lap and flying off. Taking a moment to get his bearings, he soared towards the Cauldron.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

IC: Sliver - Causeway.

I focused on his question, fighting to stay on my feet as pain tore through my body, as if a tornado was tearing at my insides. "I..." I wheezed, breaking off in a dry, hacking cough, "...it's not a matter of where..." I finally said, "...but how." 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

"There are attacks that armour of yours wouldn't be able to defend against." 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Grim:

Grim grinned, "Well of course. Such is why I do not rely entirely on it. But it never hurts to be prepared. Any less would be an insult to my variation."

They looked themself over. "Still, you do have a point."

Grim's armor took on a strange sheen, becoming slightly duller in color as well as less glossy.

"Temperature extremes. I forgot to take this into account. Earlier I fought a Surahk, and they would have bested me had they used their plasma. Now I will be able to better handle that."

Edited by Chumpu

I smirked at that, "That's cute. But with a mother like yours, I'd be more worried about disappointing her than insulting my variation." 

IC Grim:

"The Mistress knows that not all things can end in success. This is the way of a warrior. One can only learn through defeats and failures where they must improve."

They smiled once more.

"Of course, in real battle, I press every advantage I can get. Such is my Mistress's way."

IC: Draco

As Draco walked towards the school, he felt... Strange. As if a... Suddenly, he felt pushed back in his casing... Squirming, he... Wait. Gone. What... What was that? Wait... Had he leveled up? Testing his powers, he... Well, the shielding seemed more powerful. So he had... Lovely.

IC: Shock

"Alright... Shall we stalk the school?"

Edited by Akai Zaza

Corpus Rahkshi: Shock, Mortsia, Draco,  Dahl, and Carraig 

RPG score card:
Bionifight Infinite

08954f34332a96d31850e49325e8f196.jpg

"Well, it's worked for you so far," I conceded, looking around, "Now what do we do?" 

IC: Shock

"Did... Did Kuma actually have any... Never mind. The spy was... Well armed, to say the least... Besides, that fat winged dude seems to have a grudge... Don't want him to eat us, now, do we? As for the spy's friends... Well, there was old pinky... Um, he's all I can think of." Shock said, thinking as hard as he could without getting an aneurism.

Corpus Rahkshi: Shock, Mortsia, Draco,  Dahl, and Carraig 

RPG score card:
Bionifight Infinite

08954f34332a96d31850e49325e8f196.jpg

IC: Shark / Causeway

Shark stood where he was, unobtrusively keeping track the others around him, Grim and Sliver in particular. Such conversations as they were involved in were always most interesting, and indeed useful. One picked up on philosophies to manipulate, weaknesses to exploit... It always helped to know your enemy, as was so often said. And Shark knew only enemies.

OOC: Got to go, 4th of July festivities

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

IC--Beat--Halls

"Oh, just combat, mainly. I've actually never lost a fight...unless you count that Karzing mortar." She grinned ruefully.

IC--Footwork--Refectory

He quailed a bit at the thought of someone else modifying him again, and this time could not keep himself from rubbing the blades hidden in his arms. "I'm not sure if I can do that. I've had some...bad experiences."

IC (As Ipartsa): "I'm not worthy of claiming I'm the best, but I'm no pushover either." Replied the rahkshi of lightning as she looked at her dagger. "My brother on the other hand... He's a prime example of why some Makuta dislike the new breeds. Since they have the intelligence of matoran, they also picked up some traits that our parents find undesirable, such as a desire for peace. Numlef simply never liked fighting when he was created and his Makuta threw him into the ocean with a school of Takea in a on attempt to, meaning he would never venture into the dark without his torch." The silver rahkshi chuckled after speaking.

"I'm a complete opposite of him, I distinguished myself at home as the best fighter and earned this suit as a reward. My Makuta's lair also has a swimming pool filled with sea rahi." Said Ipartsa as she smiled at Beat.

IC (As Feka): "Whatever you put in those arms, you may as well show me, every rahkshi flaunts what they got from their Makuta." Said the rahkshi as he held up his earth claw. "A vortixx who was scavenging off the remains of the ones who died by the mountain's maw said there was a toa of earth who tried to climb the mountain and would sell this for a good price. My Makuta bought it and dismantled it before selling the blueprints under his name."

The sonic rahkshi shut his journal. "If you do not wish to test my prototype case, then that is fine. Good day to you." He left the refectory, thinking about what to do next.

OOC: Open to interaction in the hallways.

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

IC: Hoto - Flying

Hoto remained silent as Jayar explained. She could hear the same worries she had in her mind in Jayar and Era's voices. Nothing had been going as planned so far.

IC: Rain - Causeway

Rain lingered with Fins, wondering what it was he was searching for, until it seemed they could wait no more. She slowly picked herself up and painfully folded herself into the flight position.

The journey back to the Causeway was thoroughly unpleasant. The burning shrapnel in her leg and chest ached and threatened to throw her down into the waves again. Once again, only fear and determination managed to keep her afloat.

As tempting as it was, Rain took a few steps from Fins and decided to lean on her staff instead. She would show no weakness in front of Gorast. But it seemed her body had other plans.

The moment Gorast's finger left her, the rest of the Makuta's words were lost in a sea of nausea and vertigo. Wind and fog swirled around her armor, but Rain felt none of it. When she came to, she was on the ground. Where before had been only pain and weakness, Rain now felt a new strength. She quickly found her staff and pushed herself up. A raging storm lingered at her fingertips, but she held it back. It would be shameful to rain on the Makuta's parade.

And besides, it seemed she wasn't the only one to level up.

IC: Helix/Phantom-on-the-Water

Ahh...opportunity often paid off as Helix found a stash of unused metal in a collapsed blacksmith's hut...but no weapons. He was able to salvage some tools. He sat down and pulled out a book to write details in the construction of a furnace. He could've learned from a book, but sometimes it pays to be out in the field.

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

IC--Nyarl--Infirmary

"You are correct. I only just arrived a few moments ago. That was why I was confused that the school seemed so empty."

IC--Beat--Halls

"The best, huh?" Beat managed a grin. "Good to know I'm in competent hands."

IC--Footwork--Refectory/Halls

Footwork looked after the departing Rahkshi.

Then down at his bowl of what passed for food.

Then back at the Rahkshi.

The guy was easy enough to catch up to.

"Alright, fine, count me in," Footwork said, slightly out of breath. "But I want one thing understood. You need my express permission for anything you do to my suit. Otherwise, I'm gone. Okay?"

IC--Kaboom--Halls/Gym

Kaboom followed the sounds of combat to the gym, figuring there must be armories and forges near it. He was only half right--there was indeed an armory, but no forge in sight. However, as he passed the gym again, he noticed some of the sparring students apparently summoning various obstacles from the arena itself. Intrigued, he wandered in, spent a moment longer observing, and decided it was worth a shot. "Okay, gym," he said, feeling slightly foolish, "let's have a forge."

IC--Sepulchral--Halls

He espied his rescuer before he reached the refectory. She seemed to be conversing with someone standing in a doorway...no, wait, she was conversing with the door itself.

Well, in light of the remarks she had made to him, this development was hardly surprising. "I say," he said, raising his hand in friendly greeting, "I've been searching through this entire wretched facility looking to speak to you." A slight exaggeration, perhaps, but it certainly felt as though he had been.

OOC: Sepulchral interacting with Lucid.

Edited by Dark_Stranger

bionicle_2017_banner_3c.png

IC: Glaciem Ignis - Hallways.

We lingered in the hall near the entrance, watching the returning murderers milling about on the Causeway.

It looks like the Matoran didn't manage to kill any of them. 

You sound surprised, sis.

Aren't you? They attacked a village full of Fe-Matoran and Nynrah Ghosts, and they all made it back alive. 

All that tells me is that the rahks here are tough.

Tougher than us?

We'll see...

IC (As Ipartsa): "Hey, I said I'm an average warrior at this school in comparison to the psychos, but they seem to attack in defense." Said the female rahkshi as she walked into the school.

IC (As Feka): "I'm not modifying your own suit, I just need your Kraata to test the Kraata case I will build." Replied the rahkshi as he turned back with a smile. "Ready to go hunting for the materials?"

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

IC: Lucid / Halls

"I'm not sure, I think chartreuse is more - oh, one moment," Lucid told the door, turning away from her current conversation to Sepulchral.

"You have?" she asked the newcomer, quietly surprised. "Well, I suppose I should be honored. But what about?" She paused a moment, then continued in mysterious and hushed tones, "You're not seeking teaching, are you?"

Shark looked over at Rain, though did not of course divert the whole of his attention her way. "Level up, I take it?" he asked her quietly.

Edited by Sergei Rahkmaninoff

IC--Beat--Halls

"Pfft. Don't undersell yourself. I'd bet we could take down just about anyone here if we took 'em on together. Once I'm healed up, of course." She snapped her fingers in sudden remembrance. "Say, that reminds me, I've been thinking about teaching one of our fellow students some manners. Already got one guy who might be willing to join my team; would you be interested?"

IC--Footwork--Halls

Footwork took a few deep, steadying breaths. "Okay. I think I can do that." He returned the other Rahkshi's smile. "Where shall we look first?"

IC--Sepulchral--Halls

"Well, I...that is, you see..."

Now that she was actually present, this whole idea suddenly seemed far less intelligent. What had made him think he was prepared for this level of social interaction? He nervously brushed a purely imaginary layer of dust from his shoulder.

"It occurred to me that I never properly thanked you for when you helped me out earlier."

Helped me out? Of all the juvenile turns of phrase he could have chosen...

"So...ah...thank you, I suppose. For saving my life."

IC--Kaboom--Gym

That ridiculous feeling soon disappeared as the gym shaped itself to his will. Kaboom poured his sacks of armor out onto the floor, sorted the bronze plates from the rest, and went to work.

Edited by Dark_Stranger

IC: Kovinth-Infirmary

Kovinth had trudged up and down the beach after pulling himself out of the water, looking for any signs of life as he got more and more tired. Just as dawn was breaking, he had seen Drift carrying something back up to the school. Knowing he couldn't stay out much longer, he decided to follow her perhaps she knew something he didn't... It took him a bit to climb back up to the school, he didn't trust himself with his flying ability. The rest of the student body had returned, looking pleased about their massacre... Kovinth ignored them, heading to the infirmary. If Vlad or that other Rahk had been found, this is where they'd be. He pushed the door open, still dripping a bit from the wet climate down below, and breathed a sigh of relief at the sight of Vlad. "Oh, thank the Makers." He muttered as he entered the infirmary. "You found him, I was worried for the worst. How is he?"

IC: Blue-Phantom On The Water

Blue lost herself in though, of how to try and help the situation. She almost didn't notice the end of the fighting, the Rahksi leaving... She didn't know what to do. Not by herself anyway. She was only vaguely aware when one of the two Rahks she was with left, and turned her attention to the one she'd been speaking to. "We can't do anything by ourselves. Nothing big, anyway. We'd have to hide, sneak, be subtle. To really change things, we'd need an army... Sorry, what are you planning here?" She asked, only then registering that he seemed to be on a mission.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodies? Your grace."

"I know that one. 'Who watches the Watchmen?' Me, Mr. Pessimal."

"Ah, but who watches you, your grace?"

"I do that too. All the time."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

IC: Illusive - Hallways. 

I pushed myself off away from the wall, the final vestiges of my level up nausea slowly making their way out of my system. I headed inside, my half-dozen remaining Matoran trailing after me. 

IC--Beat--Halls

"Pfft. Don't undersell yourself. I'd bet we could take down just about anyone here if we took 'em on together. Once I'm healed up, of course." She snapped her fingers in sudden remembrance. "Say, that reminds me, I've been thinking about teaching one of our fellow students some manners. Already got one guy who might be willing to join my team; would you be interested?"

IC--Footwork--Halls

Footwork took a few deep, steadying breaths. "Okay. I think I can do that." He returned the other Rahkshi's smile. "Where shall we look first?"

IC (As Ipartsa): "Nah, I don't attack those I dislike, it's not worth my time or energy." Replied the rahkshi of chain lightning. "Unless we got bullied to deal with, in that case, I'll gladly dish out some vigilante justice."

IC (As Feka): "The Protodermis? I think we can grab some from the cauldron or even just make blocks out of the gym and cut away pieces to use."

IC: Drift

"Unconscious. Hopefully Palma will get him back in shape in no time." Drift said, more to reassure herself than Kovinth.

IC: Silver

Back in the village, Silver heard rustling. Using his molecular disruption powers to slightly disrupt the ground under his feet to soften his steps, he made his way to the entrance of a blacksmith's hut. Peering in, he saw [Helix] looking over scavenged books and tools. Another Rahkshi. ######.

"Drop everything! Turn around slowly, hands where I can see them!" he shouted, aiming White Lightning directly at the Rahk's head. "Or get your head sheared off."

Edited by Aerixx

IC--Beat--Halls

"Well, that's basically what we're dealing with. I wasn't there when it happened, but I did see the aftermath. Apparently, he used a...friend of mine as a training dummy. Stabbed him up pretty badly."

IC--Footwork--Halls

"Well, I haven't been here very long, and some of that time was spent sleeping, so I'm not really sure which of those is the better option." Footwork admitted. "Do you think we really could get away with taking pieces of the gym?"

Edited by Dark_Stranger

IC (As Ipartsa): "Ouch. Sounds like sparring got taken too seriously. I bet Tridax gave that rahk an 'A' grade. Gorast would probably see that as painfully easy and give them a 'C' grade. Anyway, let's go meet your friend, I can't wait to get so good tons of rahkshi want to join."

IC (As Feka): "There are rahkshi who've gotten away with some pretty crazy stuff." Said Feka as he thought about going to the dorm. "Let's go back to my room, I'll rummage through my toolbox and grab a blowtorch."

"Yeah, I think so," she replied softly.

Just as quickly as the power appeared, it was already beginning to fade, leaving her weary and sore once again. Her straight posture fell into a slump and a hand pressed against the lightstones in her chest. "If we're done here, maybe I should go see Palma."

IC--Beat--Halls

"I don't think so--I'm pretty sure the guy doesn't even carry a weapon. Once I've seen Palma and gotten patched up, we can all get together and figure out how we're going to handle things."

IC--Footwork--Halls

"All right, lead the way." A brief pause. "Say, I don't think we've introduced ourselves. I'm Footwork."

IC--Sepulchral--Halls

"Well, that's...good..."

This encounter was growing less dignified by the second. There must be some way to rectify this burgeoning embarrassment...

"I was just going to seek victuals at the refectory. Would you care to accompany me?"

...but that probably wasn't it.

IC: Snake - Nynrah

'He showed an interest'? Yes, I expect he did. Wealthy, influential people usually show an interest in highly dangerous weapons that they have a chance to own or control. I keep these cynical thoughts to myself, not wishing to burst the bubble of desperate, brittle cheerfulness around the group.

Edited by OLISI

Kathok

IC: Burst

Well, like I said before, me and Gaever were planning on giving some of the bodies a proper burial, but it seems like that will have to wait. Most people are just leaving, now. A few will still remain to loot and hunt down survivors, though. It's impossible to really do anything to resist the Makuta. They alone are insanely powerful, but they also have their group of loyalists that will turn against their own kind in a second. Anyway, there's no real point in staying here anymore, unless you want to loot, but you don't seem like one who would want to do that.

Edited by PyroLizard Prime

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

IC Mar'jik:

Arriving at the Courtyard, Mar'jik switched to his own variation on flight mode, putting Sidonas in his lap and flying off. Taking a moment to get his bearings, he soared towards the Cauldron.

IC: Sidonas - Courtyard ---> Cauldron

"So, why'd you end up in the headmaster's office?"

"In this new- Wait, why am I being quoted?!"

-Kovika, Toa of Ice, Bread Enthusiast, and Ko-Metru Scholar.

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf

IC: Lucid / Halls

"I don't eat the 'food' in the Refectory," Lucid informed Sepulchral. "Though I suppose I could just keep you company, if you so wished." After all, eating alone was no fun. Not that Lucid really knew much about that, for she rarely ate alone - unlike most others, she recognized life and spirit in much of the so-called 'inanimate,' and these glad voices kept her company. But she was coming to realize that others somehow lived blind to the vitality around them, and preferred exclusively the company of their own kind.

"Very well," Shark agreed. "It was also my intention to briefly drop by the Infirmary, so let us go." With that, he turned to the school once more. It would seem, after all, that the majority of useful conversation out here had already passed.

Edited by Sergei Rahkmaninoff

"I guess Palma should take a look at your 'laser burn...'" But as Rain turned, Fins was already lumbering inside. Her sigh turned into a wince as she began to slowly limp after him. "Oi, wait up!"

IC Mar'jik

Mar'jik thought a moment. "I think some crazy knocked me out with his hand. Next thing I knew I was in Tri's office. ", Mar'jik said, making a right turn.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

IC: Sidonas - Cauldron

Sidonas kept silent and didn't respond. He was thinking about asking Mar'jik a few more questions, perhaps he might find out the Rahk's thoughts on rebellion if he chose the right words.

Might be useful to find a few Rahks who won't drag me to Tridax if I mention my thoughts on Makuta. Fang doesn't seem to quick to trust me, which is understandable considering I stole from him, so I probably won't be getting information from him anytime soon.

Sidonas spoke up after some time in silence.

"So, I heard Tridax called all of us to attend something. You know what that was about?"

"In this new- Wait, why am I being quoted?!"

-Kovika, Toa of Ice, Bread Enthusiast, and Ko-Metru Scholar.

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf

OOC: Since Dane's leaving, he's given me control of Rider, and Subject needs a home too.

IC: Nymph (Hallways)

"O-okay..." My azure eyes dart around the room, fearful like those of a wild animal surrounded by hunters. Everything seems to be changing; the world is a blur...
In the spinning whirl of colours, I latch onto the one solid feature; Fior.

Truth.

I stare at her, shaking, not trusting myself to be able to take in the maelstrom of wild, screaming lights.

IC: Rider (Infirmary/Dreamland)

"Raptor..." Rider whispered in his sleep, eyes twitching behind firmly closed lids. "Revenge..."
Inside Rider's mind, the camo-Rahk was dreaming, moments from his past flashing before his eyes before melting into psychedelic fantasies like the staring, giggling eyes of a possessed clown with a devil screaming inside.
His finger twitched slightly.

In Rider's dream, his Makuta's foot impacted the Rahkshi's side once more, sending him sprawling across the proto-stone floor of the castle's hall.

"You think you have freedom?" the titan bellowed, his harsh tones echoing through the unforgiving interior.

"You think you can do what you want?"

The Makuta grabbed him by the throat, raising up his son to bring him eye-to-eye with him.

As the Makuta spoke, small drops of antidermic spit flecked Rider's faceplate.

"You are unworthy of being my spawn!" He shouted, mind all but consumed by Rider's minor treachery. The Makuta threw the camo-Rahk to the ground, and Rider immediately clutched at his neck in an attempt to alleviate the soreness from the choke.

"You will go to Corpus Rahkshi, now!"

"And you, traitor, will never come back- or at least, never alive!"

The monstrosity turned his back on Rider.

"But..."

"You have disgraced your lineage."

"Leave, before I kill you!" The titan continued, a rain of shadow lightning streaking out towards Rider.

The Rahkshi fled, tears streaming down his face.

In the world of those awake, Rider's eyes opened, staring at the ceiling.

Acinaces rushed over, her inane babbling unable to penetrate Rider's sphere of calm.

Until he reached up and grasped her by the throat.

IC: Acinaces (Infirmary)

I notice Rider's eyes opening, and immediately rush over to him. "Are you okay?" I ask him gently, concerned for his health. When he doesn't respond, I try again. "Can you hear me?"

No answer.

I prod him.

And then Rider grabs me by the throat, my air intake rapidly decreasing as his camouflaged hand begins crushing my throat, his eyes not the eyes of my friend, but those of another.

The eyes of a Rahkshi.

I manage to squeeze out a last, strangled "Stop..." before my eyes roll back in my head and unconsciousness claims me.

Edited by Miras the Omniscient

VBWj75sh.png