Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC: Fang - Infirmary

Fang frowned at that. Mahrika had tried to be there for him, and whatever this was had to be important. Finally, he swung his legs off the bed, grabbed Venom, which he had set by the side just before going unconscious, and attempted to stand. "Come on," he waved Mahrika over. "You're going to have to help me out. Again." He grinned. Just like before the Twins.

"You two," he made exaggerated gestures at Hoto and Era. "Try to not listen." Hoto nodded, but she had a sly look on her face. Fang didn't bother lecturing her, but just hoped he could get his injured body far enough away.

IC: Era - Infirmary.

Era tried not to listen, she really did.

She let her guard down, her senses fade. It was terrifying, disorienting, almost painful. She sat down in a chair, trying to dampen the sounds coming into her ears. She'd never done this before: deliberately blind herself. She only lasted a few seconds before it become too much. Blind and deaf, she floated in darkness, unaware of anything around her. She felt the terror, the primal fear, build up inside her, threatening to overwhelm her and drag her down into an abyss from which she could never escape. 

This was exactly what the Makuta had wanted when they'd let her live. She couldn't do it. She had to let go.

Sound came back in a rush, assaulting her from every direction. It took her a few moments to make sense of it all, but even before that happened, she was already certain of one thing: I'm never doing that again. 

Edited by Roman Torchwick

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Kat:

I sighed, hoping one of them would at least keep an ear out for trouble. With Fang still injured...

I tried to not think of what could happen.

I noticed another Rahksji having their hand healed. Something about their eyes seemed.... Vaguely familiar, but I couldn't place it.

"What happened to you?" I asked, sitting back down.

Despite my Dirt-nap earlier, I was pretty tired.

IC Poly:

My search was in vain. I was unable to find them, and after a while, I simply went back to the refectory.

Legion(my other side's apparent name) had been less.... Troublesome of late, so I decided to eat in my armor. Grabbing a tray of slop, I sat and with some sense of satisfaction, began to eat.

OoC: poly and Kat are open for interaction.

IC: Bullseye/Halls

"Hey."

Bullseye had finally found Anubissium who apparently got seperated. All for the better though, he had heard that Torch had begun to light up the place. With his flamethrower.

"The gang's awake. You wanna visit? We gotta go quick, cuz I think Fang might leave soon."

IC: Hoto - Infirmary

Hoto focused back on Era as she started breathing hard. She was sitting now, seemingly concentrating on something, but she stopped with a sigh of relief. Hoto leaned up against the wall next to her, thinking she knew what was going on. "He doesn't mean it, you know. He's just trying to make Mahrika feel good. Are you okay?"

IC: Root - Library

Root's gallant charge away from Palma's wrath finally ended as they scurried up the side of that familiar bookshelf, brushed aside a few leftover pieces of fruit, and sank back down with their book. What an interesting adventure with a Rahkshi he never even knew the name of. As he gained his seat once more, the plants began grafting him into the bookshelf again.

OOC: Root open to interaction.

"Yeah, I'm fine..." Era lied breathlessly. She was still fighting down the waves of panic that had been surging through her moments before, "...I've just... never actually tried... not listening to everything before.... It... it hurt." She took a moment to compose herself. "I'm never doing that again." she said decidedly. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Hoto nodded. "It's worse than a crowded room, isn't it? Even though it isn't deafening, it feels... disconnected. Someone knocked out my hearing not long ago, and I panicked just like that. Kat there could tell you all about it. Fang thinks he understands it, but he's just as clueless as the rest of them. You don't have to do it again." 

She leaned down and put an arm around Era. She was shaking a bit.

• Upvote 1

"Thanks," Era said gratefully, "that's better than punching each other's hands."

IC Kat:

"It's not really punching, per se," I put in. "More like.... bumping them together. Sort of like...." I clanked my own fists together. "Making a sound together to show you both acknowledge each other."

"Or something." I shrugged, then laughed. "It's more a sign of comraderie, I suppose."

Edited by The UltimoScorp

"Nah..." Era shook her head, "...hugs are better." 

IC: Jayar / The Infirmary

"I hope you don't hold it against us," said Jayar at Hoto's mention of 'the rest of them.' "I may not understand, but I do care."

IC: Vlad / The Refectory

Vlad noticed a Lerahk sit down nearby. Something in the way he carried himself reminded Vlad of himself, as if he were fighting his own mind... Or maybe it was an illusion.

Nevertheless, Vlad walked over to him and said, "Good evenink. I am Vlad. Vould you mind if I sit vith you avhile?"

Edited by Johnrahk

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

Fang raised a his palm at Omega. "No, whatever this is, it is between me and Mahrika. Sorry."

Hoto shrugged and pulled Era closer.

To each their own.

She grinned sheepishly at Jayar. It was easy to forget everyone else in the room when you couldn't see them. "No, we know that. It's just... hard sometimes."

Edited by Click

IC Kat:

"I doubt more pity will make them feel any better, Jayar. As for you two, I really think the fact that you're blind makes you both, if anthing, stronger for it. Me? I'd be useless if I was blind.But you both found a way to live through it. Just by living every day, you prove your strength."

I shrugged.

Man, I was getting weirdly introspective lately.

• Upvote 1

IC: Era - Library. 

"So, what do you think Mahrika wants with Fang?" Era asked, thankful for the comfort of no longer being alone. Sure, she and Hoto could just listen in once the two guys started talking, but it was fun to speculate beforehand. 

IC: Jayar / The Infirmary-->The Library

Jayar nodded. Kat's words were what he should have said.

"I think I may have preparations to make for or trip to the mainland. If anyone needs me, I'll be in the Library." He began to leave. "Oh, and if Suvak makes any announcements about the assignment, I'll let you two know." He walked through the halls to the Library and grabbed a book on healing. If he was going on a dangerous mission to the mainland a little rudimentary knowledge of the at might come in handy. He sat down at the same table he had written the essays... received a hug... and delved into the book.

OOC: Jayar open for interaction.

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

"Oh," Fang replied, weakly. "Of course. Well, it's Kat's mission, I suppose. Figure it out with her while I sort things with Mahrika."

It was good to know they cared. Of course, she knew that before, but those were some of the kindest words she had heard.

She waved as Jayar left, then turned back to the speculation. "I've never met Mahrika before today. I was hoping one of you knew him. I don't know either."

"Well..." Era's eyeless face broke out into an expression that was probably a smile, "you know how they told us not to listen in...?"

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

IC: The Twins - Armoury. 

Growing bored, Illusive headed out of the library, only to run into Silencer, who seemed to have recovered somewhat from his poisoning, and was headed towards the library himself. What's the assignment? he signed. 

Writing essays, Illusive replied, too late to start now. 

I've got an idea. Come with me. 

His curiosity piqued, Illusive followed Silencer to the armoury, where he picked up a zamor sphere launcher and showed it to Illusive. "I have an idea for how we can modify one of these," Silencer explained. They were alone now, no one to overhear, and since his hands were full he couldn't sign. 

Modify it for what? Illusive asked. 

"To fire nets. Nets strong enough to hold, for example, a certain poison Rahkshi who gave me one karz of a stomachache." 

We would need help from the Ghosts, and I hear they aren't too friendly right now. And if they recognise us in particular, for what we did to their temple... Illusive let the thought linger. 

"What happened?" Silencer asked.

Fang and some others were attacked by a mob of vengeful Matoran, Illusive replied, his expression bitter. 

"I think I might have a way to deal with that..." Silencer replied thoughtfully. He picked up a second zamor launcher and passed it to Illusive, before they both left the armoury and started walking back towards their dorms. 

Vector saw them as he walked around aimlessly. The firefight(Literally) had ended, so he had nothing to do. Spotting Illusive, however, he signed, "Well, that was interesting. We found the crazy pyro, but everyone started attacking him and it ended with people being taken off to the infirmary. I didn't get to join in the action though."

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

IC: The Twins - Hallways.

Hello again, Illusive signed, sounds like the usual, then. 

Having no experience with he De-Matoran sign language, Silencer shuffled awkwardly, no idea of what was being said 

IC Mahrika

Outside Infirmary, RE: Fang

Glad that Fang was able to stand, even if he had to be aided, Mahrika helped him out of the infirmary. Part of him wished Fang had waited to hear the news until he was able to walk independently, but he also was glad to be able to get it over with.

"I thought we would go to that triangular courtyard; with the wind that goes through it it'll be less likely that we'll be overheard. Do you think you can make it that far?"

( The bunny slippers hiss and slither into the shadows. ) -Takuaka: Toa of Time

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins

IC: Fang - Hallways

Fang nodded wearily, leaning most of his weight on his sword or Mahrika's shoulders. Palma was masterful in her work, but that many shots had left him feeling sore and raw.

OOC: Just feel free to bunny Fang around and start your little talk if I don't get on for a while.

Edited by Click

IC: Bullseye/Infirmary
He finally got to the Infirmary, again, but this time with Anubissium.

"Hey? Where did Fang go?"

OOC: I guess Toxin should watch out for the Twins, huh? His ninja agility may not be enough to dodge Zamor-powered nets.

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

IC Mahrika

Courtyard, RE: Fang

Mahrika led Fang into the courtyard and helped him sit down on the gravel. The wind rushed through the leaves of the flower-bushes, creating a blanket of white noise that would hopefully obscure their conversation from eavesdroppers.

"Fang..." He hunched down and glanced around for any conspicuous clouds of darkness or camoflauged Rahkshi. "I've been on Nyrah, not by Phantom. Way out in the wilderness, on some probably unexplored beach. I'd just been there an hour or two when I saw, coming out of the trees towards me, at least six..." Mahrika looked around even more suspiciously, then lowered his voice to a breath and hardly moved his faceplates, to prevent lip-readers from seeing his words. "...Visorak. I hid and fled, but I know they saw me. All that's probably keeping me alive is that they couldn't identify me. But the next time they find a Rahkshi in the wilds of Nyrah... Well, I wanted to warn you."

Edited by Akavakaku
  • Upvote 1

( The bunny slippers hiss and slither into the shadows. ) -Takuaka: Toa of Time

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins

IC: The flow of submissions for this latest assignment were slowing, but Suvak still had some left to assess. 

As a single Rahkshi of Teleportation, it is unlikely that I would be capable of completely neutralising the Keelerak assault, and my specialty in hit-and-run tactics will not be incredibly useful in delaying an enemy that is not heavily reliant on infrastructure. However, it must be noted that the Northern Continent is in ruins, and has been since the failed invasion of Makuta Icarax. As such, it would not be an overly attractive target for any would-be conqueror. I would attempt to appeal to the ambitious side of the horde, seeking to redirect them to an area other than the village I am stationed in. If they are seeking to become the most powerful of the hordes, stealing away Matoran in this village would be detrimental, as my presence means that the Brotherhood holds influence here - daring to go against the Makuta will lead in their destruction soon after. Yet if they wish to prove their might, Metru Nui to the north would be an attractive target. I would aim to convince them of doing what the grand horde failed and holding onto the City of Legends, which according to recent data merely holds a Turaga, six mutants and a powerful Rahi. Simple prey for the Keelerak. It would be far better to their interests to take a prestigious, yet highly undefended, island than intrude on Brotherhood territory. And with Metru Nui under control, their power would grow so much more. That would be the argument I would seek to make.

Well this was certainly a detailed response. Played well to the swarm's desires and habits, and suggested a career in politics might be in this Rahkshi's future...

It is not within the capabilities of the Frostelus to nullify powers, so my access to teleportation will not be limited within the confines of the city-ship. In order to escape, I would likely need to exert it constantly and carefully, moving quickly throughout the iceberg without notifying any of the warriors. However, this is also incredibly difficult to pull off while the cityship is floating upon the seas. I will need to wait for the proper opportunity, such as when the residents of the iceberg are launching a raid on a coastal village, to escape. This reduces the amount of guards I may have to deal with, and upon exiting the cityship I will be able to reach land instead of finding myself surrounded by ocean.

And a measured take and knowledge of their own powers too, realising they needed to use their teleportation wisely, and couldn't just snap their fingers and escape.

We would hide in the lab, and use the resources to repair the fellow Rahkshi's armor. If that fails, we will construct a vehicle or transport to escape.

There really wasn't enough detail in how to escape the Skakdi here. And it also seemed to miss the section that said they'd been driven from the lab, they wouldn't have access to the necessary tools.

I would first procure a few small explosive devices. Then I would place them in specific locations and set their fuses to seem like an air strike is happening near the Prince's chamber. Hopefully, this will cause him and/or his followers to leave the building. I will wait outside the building with a powerful air-gun armed with a poison dart. If the Prince is not there, I will order an awaiting task-force of Keelerak and Exo-Toa to storm his palace. While he dispatches them, I will speedily relocate to the position where they penetrated the defenses, and take him out there with a perfectly aimed shot.

The strategy for trying to force the prince out into the open was decent enough, but when realised it had a chance of not working the student seemed to have panicked. Not only was it going to be hard actually getting the Visorak and Exo-Toa into place without alerting anyway but throwing them away simply to maybe provide a shot was a terrible waste.

I would have the villagers hide together inside during the day, presenting a hard target to deter the spiders. I would let them go out only after dark, to lure the Visorak from hiding. In the dark, without their webs to properly communicate, the spiders would be at a disadvantage. On the other hand, I will be able to “see” just fine, allowing me to surprise attack the Visorak and pick them off one by one.

I would repeat the process each following night until there are no spiders remaining, or they chose to find easier prey elsewhere.

A simple tactic, which could work. Depended on how threatening they could get the Matoran to be. It was possible trying to get them to defend themselves like that would just get them overrun while being used as bait. On the other hand if it worked then they wouldn't have to worry about any further predations, saving effort in the future.

The interesting thing about ice is that it shatters very easily, when the right sort of technique is applied. If I’m imprisoned, it means the Frostelus do not intend to kill me, at least not straight away. This means I’ll have the time to explore my immediate surroundings and find suitable weak points within the structure of the glacier ship.

Once I find gaps in the ice, I can bounce low-frequency sound waves into them, causing the larger structure to resonate. Applying this effect in multiple places around me simultaneously should open up more cracks, allowing me to exploit larger weaknesses, eventually causing the glacier to break apart. This will either give me room to escape, or sink the iceberg altogether. 

If it sinks, I will still be able to escape, since Rahkshi can hold their breath far longer than any Frostelus, and sound waves can travel better underwater, allowing me to turn my echolocation into sonar and navigate out of the wreckage. While this plan has its risks, I think it, if I had the time to implement it correctly, would be my best bet for escape.

There didn't seem to be any contingency for what to do if the entire glacier didn't fall apart. Which it probably wouldn't, even with ruptures spreading from the centre. And that would leave the student in the middle of a very angry army of Frostelus with no plan of escape.

I would hide myself and the Power Scream Rahk in the nearest ruins with a field of shadow. Rubble and ruin are bound to cast large shadows. When night falls, we will begin walking to the nearest coastline, still inside a field of shadow. If we have not reached the coast by the time dawn nears, we will hide in more ruins, again with a field of shadow. We continue this pattern until we reach the coastline, at which point I contact the Brotherhood and request an escape ship. We do not attack anybody at all, for that would spell our doom. In the event that we are found out, then I would try to fly the injured Rahkshi out. If the whole suit and Kraata weigh too much, I begin pulling the arms and legs off to loose weight while keeping the less-expendable parts. If push comes to shove, I abandon the injured suit and simply fly out, carrying the Power Scream Kraata.

The attempt to get the injured kraata out alive and intact was admirable, but the student seemed unsure on how exactly he would contact the Brotherhood from the coast. And they had included a back-up plan which was always a sound idea.

I would first direct the Suukorak that if they have a better idea of how to defeat Kalmah, to do so and defy my orders, as they know their powers, abilities, and strengths better than I do, and as tacticians, know better than I how to best apply them. I would then give them a basic skeleton of a plan: Do their best to force Kalmah's forces onto the mountains, where the air is thin and cold, where Suukorak prefer to live but where other species are affected negatively. I would attempt to recruit the De-Matoran to defend the valleys, playing on their sense of loyalty to their village and their love of quiet. I would tell them that if Kalmah were to take over, there would likely be no quiet, as we have allowed them to maintain. If they do not wish to fight, then I would direct slightly more than half of my Suukorak to defend the valleys, using their paralysis and stasis spinners and occasionally allowing the enemy to 'defeat' most of them when they have actually slowed their life processes. Once the enemy forces pass them, they would then revive and catch the enemy in a pincer movement. The Suukorak in the mountains would use the same tactics, in addition to using the stasis fields to hold enemies over cliffs then deactivate them, leaving the enemy soldier to fall to his doom.

The first step, asking the Suukorak to defy his orders, undermined his authority, which was a very dangerous thing to do around Visorak. Ran the risk of them simply ignoring everything Abyssium said, turning rogue. Recruiting the De-Matoran was also a mistake, as the scenario was supposed to be allowing them to escape. They wouldn't even make that good an army, too easily disabled thanks to their sensitive hearing. And as for the tactics, there seemed to be the early understandings of a strategy there, attempting a pincer movement, but how well it could be pulled off given every other attack was a direct confrontation was under question.

The only logical solution would be to leave the other rahkshi behind. This is because if their condition is that bad, they will likely not survive anyway, or will, but will have to have a new suit created. Because of this, it would be more efficient for the Brotherhood to simply create a new rahk to take it's place. Carrying the suit back as I fly away will slow me down a lot, while carrying the kraata alone will likely damage it. At best, it could be used as a distraction while I escape unseen. I would tell it to Scream at any attackers it encounters after I have left.

Because of all this, I fly away, leaving the injured rahkshi.

This was a fair enough assessment of the situation. Sometimes losses just had to happen and couldn't be avoided. It was possible that leaving the injured kraata behind was simply the best thing to do.

Kalmah was known to be uncaring about his troops, sending them into dangerous situations without worry.

The matoran will start to evacuate and most of the spiders will move in front of them, spinning webs in nets over the dangerous landmarks such as razor crystal gorges and acid falls, while a small portion of the force will watch our backs. Once everyone is across, the matoran wait in plain sight or only slightly hidden on the other side, appearing to be in the act of moving further away, while the visorak hide. When the enemy finally arrives, they will charge across the web network over the dangerous landmarks. When I calculate that the optimum number of warriors are on the nets, I will order the visorak to charge out and sever the nets, causing the troops to fall into the acid, razor spikes etc. The few warriors over or not yet on the nets yet will then be dealt with by the visorak. If needed, some visorak will go down to investigate if there are any survivors in the acid, razor spikes etc. and neutralise them. We will then continue to evacuate if needed.

The use of the environment was intelligent enough, but seemed limited to fighting in the mountains. It didn't say what would happen when trying to hold the army over flatter ground. A bit more creativity and imagination might be needed.

Key to the defense of the Tren Krom Peninsula is its harsh landscape. The hazardous terrain would already slow down Kalmah's large but unmaneuverable force. I would order my Suukorak to exacerbate this hazardousness by a) building traps and barricades on the easier paths, forcing the invading force to take a more treacherous route or destroy the barricades, and b) mutating the already dangerous indigenous Rahi in the vicinity of the army (never near fleeing Matoran), so that these encounter and attack Kalmah's army. The Suukorak would have orders to slow their life functions if captured, so that they are thought dead and ignored, allowing them to escape and regroup. We would fall back as slowly as the army advances, continually building traps and mutating Rahi, until we reach the southern coast, at which point we would continue to harass the army with hit-and-run attacks in addition to the continuation of our previous tactics.

Yes this had gotten the gist of what was needed. Use of the terrain, use of the Suukorak's natural abilities, and understanding that Kalmah's larger force had much less room to move needing to kept in supplies as it was. A sound grasp of strategy.

Visorak Keelerak are known for their ambition to put one of their own in charge of the horde. Since this horde is rogue, but regulated in its abductions, it seems evident that it has a leader. I would attempt to arrange to battle this leader in single combat for control of the horde, and win this duel, thus not only neutralzing the Visorak but reclaiming them for the Brotherhood.

To find this leader would require the cooperation of at least one of the Keelerak. I would have the Matoran craftsmen create fake Matoran, and put them in the center of the village as bait for the Keelerak. Then I would send the real Matoran into a nearby cave, armed with provisions to last as long as possible, and hide and barricade the entrance. This way I ensure their safety during the execution of my plan, and for a short time afterwards, should it fail, during which time there remains a chance that reinforcements would arrive before their provisions are exhausted.
If the Keelerak arrive as a horde, I will encounter the leader then.
If the Keelerak arrive one at a time, I will attack and subdue them individually, restrain them, and either cajole or torture them into leading me to their leader.
When taken to the leader, I would demand a single combat duel, under the conditions that if he wins, I will take him to the hidden Matoran (I lie, of course), and if I win, he surrenders leadership of the horde to me. Because the Matoran would be hidden underground, the Keelerak would be forced to resist simply attacking me simulaneously and killing me, for if they did the location of the Matoran would be lost to them. They would be forced to agree to this duel. I would have little trouble defeating a single Visorak, even if he is more powerful than average, with my combat skills and quick healing power. Upon winning, I would offer leniency on the part of the Brotherhood to those who recognized my leadership immediately, and cruelty to those who attempted to undermine me. The horde, under my control, would be neutralized, and I would return it to a Brotherhood fortress as soon as possible.

Such a tactic would probably work. It was rumoured to be how the Great Horde had been dispersed in Metru Nui, someone defeating Sidorak and assuming his command. Though with few survivors from that incident, reports were unclear even a decade later. Anyway, this solution relied upon the Visorak leader accepting the challenge, though to maintain its position it possibly had to. And the charade with the fake Matoran seemed a trifle unnecessary but as the scenario called for protecting the Matoran it was perhaps a gesture to that.

I would first check to see how much strength I myself have left; if I have sufficient strength to strip the other Rahkshi to their limbs and carry their torso, I will do so. If not, I may elect to eject their Kraata and carry it with me, though at the risk of injuring it further. Knowing that the island is populated with Skakdi with various vision powers, trying to escape through flight alone will not suffice. As such, I'd hide myself and the other rahkshi until nightfall or until situations prove too dire to hide further, at which point I'll rocket into the sky and fly until I can no longer see the ground, at which point I will fly for home, wherever that is. In the case that I do not have enough energy left for such high flight or if I am detected and fired at during flight, I will maintain a lower altitude, making use of my dodge abilities and the terrain to avoid attacks.

Ah, one of the few students to specifically mention the sight powers of the Skakdi, remembering they went beyond Suvak's own laser vision. And the lengths they were going to to save the other Rahkshi were quite extensive, providing multiple back-ups and contingencies. Quite impressive.

A rogue horde. There may be a schemer in the form of a rebellious Keelerak behind this. Keelerak are known to be unpredictable and undisciplined, so I will gamble on the possibility that they will not be coming in a highly organized army with advanced formations to deal with. However, the fact that they are steadily attacking means that there may be an organized leader behind them or some other driving force. This will come up later. If the villagers can be armed and trained to defend themselves, I will arm them and provide basic training if time allows it. Preferably there will be archers or disk throwers among them. I will also take measures to fortify the village, putting down stakes, fortifying the walls, and constructing other defenses, if time allows.

1) if a single Keelerak comes: I let them take the bait and follow them back to their base, bringing with myself flammable materials to set their hive on fire. If I am captured once there or along the way, my only hope is to spread dissent amongst the group, hoping to turn them against their leader and cause much infighting until a manageable amount remain. If not, I:
i) I use the materials I gathered and set their hive or whatever their base is ablaze, using my lightblaster from afar to further increase the damage. If sufficient numbers of them flee or die in the ensuing inferno, good; I will pick off any stragglers and return to the village, defending it and making scout excursions until I am sure the Keelerak are all gone. If not, I will return to the village and prepare for scenario 2
ii) If I can't or choose not to set their hive on fire, I will camp outside their base, slowly picking off Visorak as they exit and enter until my presence is discovered, at which point I flee back to the village, drawing a large horde, leading to Scenario 2.
2) if they come in a Horde: set several Matoran up as bait in a building that is very flammable and procure materials to start a large fire. The windows of this building need to have been secured beforehand, leaving only obvious one entrance: the door. The building will also need to have a long back hallway to provide an enclosed space for me to deal with them. After that, i will gather the best archers in the village and fire upon the incoming horde; assuming that the Keelerak stay true to their unpredictable nature, many of them will fall back. If any catapults or other weapons of similar make can be constructed, even better. At some point, however, the village's defenses will be breached. At that point, I will draw their attention to myself and lure them into the building, at which point I will slowly pick them off using my lightblaster and any ranged weapons the Matoran may have brought. The enclosed space means that they cannot use their buzzsaw ability; I will take advantage of that. At some point, however, I will need to evacuate, let a large number of Keelerak enter, and burn the building down. This process may need to be repeated several times with many specially prepared buildings. Assuming the villagers can defend themselves, I will not need to worry too much if only a portion of Keelerak take the bait; some Matoran may be captured and/or killed, however. In the case of them being captured, after the horde leaves the village, I will follow them back to the hive at a distance and either repeat scenario 1i, 1ii, or let myself be captured in an attempt to rescue the Matoran.

And the trend up providing numerous options for the same plan continuing. This student was apparently a very cautious and meticulous sort. Though whether they could get everything done that they thought they could, well that was the question. Had their caution and ambition outdone them?

In an Iceberg prison I would create a plasma coating on me and melt through the floor. The hole would be too small for the frostelus to follow me. Then in another room using my plasma powers I would melt a hole in the wall. To make sure nobody follows me I make the hole too small for them to fit and also I would create holes in the ground with super heated plasma. Since Ice is transparent, I make sure my tunnel does not hit any rooms to prevent confrontation with any frostelus. Once I reach the outside of the iceberg I fly back to civilization.

Hmm, a simple enough plan, to just start running and not stop. But it ran the risk of tiring Pyre out, especially with the irregular route he was taking to avoid recapture. He might be too exhausted to actually make his escape

I would try to gain the favor of the Steltain prince. Once I gain his favor I would invite him to a feast. (He is a prince after all. What kind of spoiled prince wouldn't like a free feast). The food would be poisoned. But a slow acting poison. I would eat the food as well but drink the cure that I would have secretly put in my drink. Then after the feast I would fly away before the prince realizes that he had been poisoned.

This relied on a few too many variables. That the student could gain the prince's trust without being killed, that he'd accept a feast from a Rahkshi without also bringing a poison tester, or wasn't simply immune to the poison already, or that he couldn't realise he'd been poisoned given how slow it was supposed to be and get the cure himself. A little too sloppy to be effective.

There didn't seem to be too many left now, hopefully he should get finished soon. And just as hopefully the students might take some of his criticisms into account. All of them had shown willing by even writing and submitting the essays, that would probably extend to a willingness to better themselves

OOC: Whoo, all the way up to 119 now

• Upvote 1

7AOYGDJ.jpg

OOC: Pheonix: How did Pyre know she was called Wraith? She doesn't look or act like she did when she was "Wraith", and even when she was, the only people who knew her name were Kat, Chequars and Tube.

IC: (Wraith Punch Kick Sharp/Infirmary)

"My hands...got burnt..." Sharp said hesitantly in reply to Kat's earlier question.

She noticed Kat's searching expression and, for a split second, the guise was dropped: she became semi-transparent, her movements became fluid, and she smiled impishly, before winking so fast that you would have trouble noticing it if you weren't looking. Then, she was back to being "Sharp".

"...Kat." She added, before turning and walking out of the infirmary, her hand having been healed by Palma.

IC: (Torch/Dorm)

​Everyone, those who hadn't been burnt to unconsciousness or death, seemed to be leaving. Torch wondered why everyone had been attacking and were now leaving. Maybe it was something to do with the fact that half of them had been charred within an inch of their lives and needed immediate medical assistance.

Looking down, Torch noticed the playing board somehow unscathed by the flames. He threw it out the window. Stupid Kick had thrown all his stuff away, so it was only fair.

Torch started looking at his lighter's flame again.

IC: (Snake/Outside Dorm)

...talking of charred within an inch of their life, Snake had been in the direct way of the jet of flame. Now, he was lying on the ground, unconscious and bleeding, his suit's metal meahed with the heat and his Kraata lightly browned. He need immediate medical attention.

Edited by Sil

Kathok

IC: Xara - Dormitory Wing.

But Xara hadn't left. She was still standing right outside Torch's door, waiting patiently for her turn. Sheathing her swords, she drew one of The Talons and stepped into the room, confronting the Rahkshi who was obviously Torch. "Remember me?" she spat. "You set fire to the bookshelf I was on top of."