Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC: Exxan. 

Exxan sidestepped Squid's clumsy strike, then backed off a bit. He knew a level two Chain Lightning Rahkshi could deliver a nasty electric shock through physical contact, and he didn't plan on letting himself get hit like that. Time for plan B. 

"What bad luck," he mused, reaching into his satchel and pulling out a handful of knives. "You ran into your assassin and your target at the same time," he flung the half-dozen blades towards Squid, aiming at Squid's side to make sure they wouldn't hit Green. His throw was clumsy, and he knew even if he managed to hit Squid it wouldn't really do much damage. 

But that didn't matter; he wasn't trying to hit him yet. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Squid

Squid saw the knives and got into his flying position. 

"Exxan, please stop. I don't want to hurt you. I only need to assassinate Green, and she has already assassinated her target. Unless... you are my assassin?"

He flew as fast as he could with the pole in front of him towards Green.

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

IC Mahrika

Corridors

"...Excuse me?"

Mahrika stared at the Rahkshi who had backwards-walked towards him, a Sonic with black markings. Their sudden interest in Mahrika's affairs would have offset him in any situation, but he was already in a bad mood.

(OOC: Lord Tridax, I assume you mean? :D )

IC Phogen en route to infirmary:

There is a small laugh from the peculiar creature. "I am saying you are more than welcome to partake in the delicious, beautiful subterfuge and the active combat occurring in this activity of your own accord, free of narrow lists and rules." Putting her hands behind her head, she smirked down the hall and closed her eyes, enjoying this near theological experience.

"Playing the part of the information broker and arm-for-hire, able to insert myself into the tiny schemes and puny plots of those with lesser minds, and manipulating them to my own ends had been..." She inhaled deeply, holding back a wellspring of emotion and passion.

She exhaled, releasing the tension in a bit of a enthusiastic and ginning growl.

"...intoxicating."

Regaining composure, she looked to the humorously honorable and noble wyrm walking next to her, an enthusiastic grin with a bit of venom leaking through on her face. "Don't you agree?"

OOC: All praise be his ridiculous schemes!

IC Phogen:

Looking at the room, she quickly assessed the situation. With wide eyes, she flew to the gym, not bothering to hide her sprint. Skidding into the room, he nearly ran into Xara, going up without pleasantries and whispering in her ear. He was frantic, but not quite concerned. More like excited, as if something huge was about to happen.

Essie: "Small talk subroutine complete. Were my useless vocalizations inane enough to bring you a sense of comfort?"

Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=763471

Squid noticed the bugs coming after him and instantly activated his power. The swarm, while strong, was fried by his chain lightning power to deliver devastating electrical shocks to those in physical contact. The bugs desperately kept trying to climb back onto him, but Squid charged forward at the unguarded Green with his pole.

I HATE SCORPIOS

Squid rushed Green, but he'd fallen right into Exxan's trap. Exxan focused his power, pulling the knives he'd tossed before back towards him. The six knives flew point-first back towards Exxan.

Or they would have, but Squid was in the way.

Edited by Roman Torchwick

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

OOC: Uhh, Funkydude?

IC: Fang

Fang sat still, observing the scene as one of the Rahkshi hopped up and cried "I take it one of you is my assassin?!" Fang's head tilted to the side. Assassin? What kind of school is this? In his concentration, he completely looked over the heads of the backwards-walking Rahkshi of Sonics and accompanying Rahkshi of Adaptation on a collision course with him.

Just so you know. :D

The Rahkshi of Sonics flipped around and darted past him. Fang finally looked down from the battle, which was getting much more interesting with insects and chain lightning, in time to step out of the way of the frustrated silver Rahkshi of Adaptation. They passed by with hardly a glance, wrapped up in whatever the Rahkshi of Sonics had said.

Edited by Click

IC: Xara.

"What?" Xara asked Phogen. She hadn't heard him properly; Glass had been talking to her. While she waited for Phogen to repeat him/herself, Xara turned to Glass and answered his question. "We're not headed anywhere, really. We're just looking for my target."

IC Phogen en route to Infirmary:

Avoiding the collision with clever usage of her lithe body, Phogen paused long enough to give a cheery "Excuse me, fair sir!" to the Rahkshi she almost collided with. With a wave she said "Just explaining the joys of deception and murder to my ignorant friend here. Quite an interesting topic, no?" She looked like a Mukaka kitten toying with a rodent as she spoke, playful and villainous all at once.

OOC: DOH! Fixed that with a post!

IC Phogen:

Looking to Glass for a brief moment with glimmering eyes and perhaps a light, intelligent grin of apology for interrupting, Phogen went back to whispering in Xara's ear, his body language, specifically his grip on the Electric Rahkshi's shoulder. He was almost bouncing in excitement.

Essie: "Small talk subroutine complete. Were my useless vocalizations inane enough to bring you a sense of comfort?"

Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=763471

Exxan whimpered as one of his own knives missed Squid and buried itself in his shoulder. He felt his arm go numb, but he ignored it. He only needed one hand to use his staff.

He saw Squid throw his weapon at Green, but Exxan didn't wait to see what happened to her. Instead, he stabbed the three points of his staff at Squid's upper back.

It was time to finish this.

OOC: is Phogen actually in two places at once? :D

She stiffened at Phogen's words, then cast a wary glance towards Glass. It couldn't be...

Squid smiled for a second as he saw his metal pole imbed itself into Green's stomach. Thousands of volts of lightning coursed through Green's body into the stone, effectively putting her out of commission. The entire time Squid had been in the vents, he had been charging the pole's end up with power, and he had made sure the lightning didn't flow back through him. His grip had been the only thing containing the massive power contained within. Squid was too proud of himself to notice the extreme pain of having a trident stabbed in his back. He fell to the floor and ejected his Kraata, leaving his heavily damaged armor behind as he quickly wriggled into the infirmary to talk to Palma.

OOC: Green's been taken out by Squid, but Squid's been taken out by Exxan.

Edited by Pohatu: Master of Stone

I HATE SCORPIOS

IC Phogen:

Phogen backed up slightly sticking out a hand, feet shuffling carefully to stay on the toes, ready to move. No doubt to another client, right? "My I have my staff back, friend?"

OOC: One is in the BZPRPG past, before she/he got to the infirmary.

OOC: I'm assuming that autohit on Green was agreed to beforehand?

Exxan stood there for a few moments, breathing hard. It took a long moment for realisation ti dawn on him. He'd won!

Somehow, against the odds, he'd succeeded in eliminating both his assassin and his target. Sure, he'd had help, and he regretted that he'd been unable to stop Squid from taking down Green, but the guilt was swiftly drowned out by joy.

Picking his knives out of Squid's battered armour, Exxan slung Green over his uninjured shoulder and started hauling her back to the infirmary.

"All yours," Xara said stiffly, handing Phogen's staff back to her/him. "Thanks for all of your help."

Squid saw his assassin walking into the infirmary. He backed up in fear and yelled, "Ahhh!! Don't hurt me any more, I'm sorry for fighting you and you already beat me up okay so just leave me alone please."

OOC: I assumed that since Squid was so close to Green, Green wouldn't have had a chance to dodge, and if she had caught the pole the lightning would have still be delivered and taken her out. 

I HATE SCORPIOS

OOC: You still probably should have given Vincent a chance to post some kind of response before you went and fried Green. Kinda too late now.

He stared incredulously at the Kraata pleading for mercy in the corner of the room. "I completed the assignment," he explained, laying Green down on one of the beds, "it wasn't personal; you have nothing more to fear from me."

OOC: Ah VahkiDane, Squid is just a Kraata right now. The only way to kill him in his current state would be to actually kill him, which was against the assignment rules. Omega will have to wait for Squid's armour to be found and fixed before he tries anything.

IC Phogen:

With mechanical efficiency, Phogen flourishes the weapon, dropping it to a loose, barely detectable defensive stance. She had options now. She could stay, and attempt to win a friend. Such presence would be no doubt a gesture of good will, and frankly, she was starting to like her ally a bit more than was prudent. Leaving would ensure personal safety, but might not be a good move in the long run. Choosing a potential maiming over a bad reputation, Phogen stayed in the gymnasium. Slyly, she said "Don't mention it. I hope you don't mind if I extend further courtesy out of a sense of-" She nearly gagged on the next word. "Altruism"

"Very well..." Xara was thankful for Phogen's presence. While strange, confusing and devious, s/he had proven to be a useful ally. Bracing herself, she turned to her other ally. "...so Glass, is there something you'd like to confess?"

Squid breathed a sigh of relief. "Alright that's good, but now my armor's totally trashed. I guess you didn't take into consideration that I'm a bit more fragile than most other Rahkshi. That was a good fight though. Could you bring my armor in here so I can rest? When you impaled me with the trident, it disabled the legs of the armor."

I HATE SCORPIOS

OOC: Oh yeah fair does. I'm pretty sure I can't go after Squid if I failed the assignment though so.

IC: Omega

Omega sighed in relief for his new friend. He quickly looked at Green and yelled. The images of the bugs flashed in his mind. He had a new fear. And he didn't even realize he had it before.

"Like I said, it wasn't personal," Exxan was glad that Squid didn't seem to be holding a grudge. "I'll be back." He headed back to the hallway and picked up Squid's battered armour, which he lugged back to the infirmary and put down next to Squid's Kraata.

"Do what you can for Squid and Green," he told Palma as he pulled up a chair, "this can wait," he gestured to the knife still sticking out of his shoulder.

"What exactly did you do to her?" Exxan asked Squid, pointing towards Green. "How long before she wakes up?"

OOC: Nah, Phogen doesn't suddenly have magical powers. Fang's just playing havoc with the universe in his attempt to figure out what's going on. :D Thanks though!

Joys of deception and murder?

Fang reached out and grabbed the Rahkshi of Adaptation. They turned around with an annoyed look.

"What's going on here?" He asked the impatient Rahkshi.

Squid turned towards Exxan

"Well, I had been sitting up there in the air vent for a long time. A level two Rahkshi of chain lightning, such as myself, can deliver devastating electrical shocks to anything in physical contact. When I wasn't holding the rock, I was funneling my power into the staff. I used my power to keep the charge from going back through me into the metal air vent. You may have noticed that one tip of the pole never touched anything except for the air from the time I leaped out of the vent until the time I threw the pole. When it hit Green, my desperate throw imbedded the pole lightly in her chest, and at the same time, the entire charge was unleashed on her. I'm not a good fighter, so I had to think up something stealthy and sneaky like that if I wanted to have a chance of succeeding. My plan could have failed many times, and many things went wrong. First, someone pulled on the rope connected to the rock. This meant I had to throw the rock instead of just moving the grate away and letting gravity do the work. Secondly, when I threw it, you were there to knock Green out of the way. Thirdly, you got involved in the fight I planned to be just Green and me. I had a backup plan for each, and I barely succeeded. If I had let the pole hit the ground at all, the shock would have been grounded. If I had been further away from Green, she could have dodged it. Oh yeah, she'll wake up in an hour or a half, I estimate. Well... I've told you my plan and answered my questions, so why don't you tell me about yours?"

Squid then looked at Omega and weakly added, "Thanks," before looking back to Exxan.

Edited by Pohatu: Master of Stone

I HATE SCORPIOS

IC: (Snake)

As soon as he caught sight of Clockwork and chaos erupted, Snake called "Phogen!" as loudly as he could, in the hope that he/she was nearby.

As Clock was distracted with the fighting, Snake silently shifted to behind him and literally back stabbed him with both of his shortswords, and if that didn't damage him enough, he also kicked him full in the back with enough force to send the rahk sprawling.

Kathok

IC: Seeing all the new patients being brought in from the last five minutes alone, Palma sighed. This was going to be a long assignment...

Caoutchouc shouldn't need too much attention, his elasticity powers were enough to have absorbed most of the impact damage. Exxan was insisting he shouldn't be treated yet, which was fair enough as Green and Squid probably needed it more than he did. Green was a simple enough fix, just a bit of healing energy to fix up the nerve damage from the lightning. She gave Caoutchouc a dose too while she was at it, enough to get him conscious. 

Then she got to work on Squid's armour, a trickier fix as she needed to be careful getting the damage to its spine set properly. It might take a while longer but she'd get him up and running

7AOYGDJ.jpg