Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC

"Our enemies are the kind of people that would answer dishonestly or not at all when asked who their enemies are. Seeing as how that is a fact of this matter, I shall answer you as to who are enemies are. We are not the kind that would answer dishonestly or not at all when asked of our plans or enemies."

I point at Omega.

"You are."

IC Phogen:

She snorted contemptuously. Did a rahkshi seriously just say that? Oh Makuta, that was funny! And they thought Omega was the mastermind. The thought he was the real enemy here! Oh Dark Creator, how in your great purview did you create such a perfect fool! As she poorly suppressed a frothy giggle at the meathead's analysis of the word 'Glass', she managed to turn to say to Caoutchouc "I-I am sure the Headmaster appreciates your honesty and honor. After all-" She snorted, breaking into a full belly laugh. "-he is the paragon of honor and virtue." At this, Phogen could barely stand her own humor. She leaned against the wall and laughed with abandon. Oh this was rich! So beautifully rich!

Edited by Funkydude527

Essie: "Small talk subroutine complete. Were my useless vocalizations inane enough to bring you a sense of comfort?"

Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=763471

IC: The Twins.

This one is wiser than he seems. Illusive signed to Silencer, who nodded in agreement. He was referring to Phogen.

"Defeating an enemy in combat is a show of force," Silencer agreed, "a display of mere strength and brawn. But outwitting or trapping an enemy shows strategic skill and intelligence."

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC

"Since when were you under the impression that combat was not a matter of strategic skill or intelligence? That statement speaks measures of your lack of combat, strategic and intelligence skills."

I did not dignify Phogen with a response, my only response to xim would be my fist or elbow.

Not now.

But someday soon.

Xhe misunderstood my philosophy of "honor." It was not a Toa's code, but a system where the strong ruled.

...but close to it

IC: Chekquars (Gym)

The irony was more than humorous to a certain aspiring evil-overlord as well, and that same harsh chuckle appears, this time for a full length of time and it slowly fades, in contrast to the abrupt halt of the former laugh.

"As the books in the Library clearly show, honor and virtue are not held in.. the highest regards among this company. It would be wise to research things more clearly before putting oneself behind convictions or, it seems, before discussing certain topics, because clearly everything can be analyzed, even chaos itself."

As he speaks, the Darkness Rahkshi glances at Phogen with a challenge in his eyes, as if daring the other Rahkshi to pick up on some underlying meaning to his words.

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

IC: "Someone really named themselves Glass, huh? That's rough." The Snake-Faced Kid murmured, almost alarmingly calm despite his group being laughed at.

He did kind of wonder what everyone was doing around them, anyway. They were just a trio of guys becoming friends.

Did they not have friends?

Are they Jealous of me? Maybe.

I shrug. Might be it. These guys take themselves way too seriously, anyway.

"Yeah," he agreed. "You guys might want to pick a book up some time on it. It's basically chess with bodies. Practice, too. Sparring helps a lot with trying new tactics and techniques out, don't it?" I say, looking to my two boys for their visions on it.

helo frens

IC

"Since when were you under the impression that combat was not a matter of strategic skill or intelligence? That statement speaks measures of your lack of combat, strategic and intelligence skills."

I did not dignify Phogen with a response, my only response to xim would be my fist or elbow.

IC Phogen:

Having far too much fun with this, she continued. "Oh, f-f-f-" She gave a giggle. "Fair knight, do tell of how 'Parry left, duck right, uppercut' matches the power of a being who's mere name makes the world tremble, who can fell nations at the dismissive wave of an arm, and whose combat ability is as unused as it is legendary? Tell us, chivalrous Toa, of how the Barraki's Tactics overcame Makuta's guile!" She grinned and chortled, mentally taking notes on the Twins. Now those two... Those would make some vert fine lieutenants.

She caught Chekquars' look. She smirked and returned the glimmering flash of the eyes. "My dark friend is right. Even the most subtle statements and meaningless gestures can betray things like intelligence, intent, and aspirations. However, as long as one is unstoppable in that regard, then one has nothing to fear of analysis."

Edited by Funkydude527

Essie: "Small talk subroutine complete. Were my useless vocalizations inane enough to bring you a sense of comfort?"

Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=763471

IC

I pull a chessboard out from my backpack.

"If you doubt our skills, sit down and challenge us."

I place the board between them and us, it's black and white pattern etching itself into the eyes of those staring. It sits as a silent atrocity, a challenge to both mind and body of those doubting them. It. Is. Horrifying.

...but close to it

I don't trust them Illusive signed warily, referring to The Snake-Faced kid and his companions.

"Who are these enemies that you speak of, and what have they done to incur your wrath?" Silencer inquired.

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC

I pull a chessboard out from my backpack.

"If you doubt our skills, sit down and challenge us."

I place the board between them and us, it's black and white pattern etching itself into the eyes of those staring. It sits as a silent atrocity, a challenge to both mind and body of those doubting them. It. Is. Horrifying.

IC Phogen:

She chuckles. "You wouldn't appreciate my strategies. Trust me. They are.... Non-linear."

IC: "Well if your combat skills are legendary that means you... y'know, know how to use them? And are particularly good at it? Do you need to lie down for a while? This is common sense." He said, logic impeccable.

She gave the meathead a strange look. Then, slowly, as if explaining something to a child who has trouble with house-training, she said "The point I was making, to put it in terms a neanderthalic plebeian like you might understand, is that a smart person should not have to use combat to win. They might outsmart their opponent, or ambush them, or set a trap, or get other people, maybe ever their opponent's friends, to fight instead."

IC

"So you would lose?"

IC Phogen:

Oh, such small minds. Such small, small minds. "No. I have several options when it comes to beating you, you novice of strategy." She sat down across from the Rahkshi, going crosslegged next to the board, grinning. "Shall I demonstrate a few strategies, and hopefully make you a wiser Knight?"

IC

"First, I shall demonstrate one of my own strategies."

Like a smart rahk, I had squatted down to the board, not sat down. That would've left me slow to react, as it leaves Phogen slow to react.

I launch myself at xim, my fist traveling at terminal velocity. It stops a mere centimeter from xis smug face.

"Never leave yourself open."

...but close to it

IC: Fang

Mahrika's tour took them right past the Gym. As the silver Rahkshi began explaining all the activities available, the sound of laughter caught Fang's attention. He walked in, abandoning Mahrika for the moment, and leaned against a wall. Phogen was explaining her view on life to some "Neanderthalian plebians," and pretty soon a chess board was on the floor. This might get interesting.

IC: "Yeah. And a smart person also knows how to fight smart. You forget all those times in history Makuta has just rolled right up and beaten people's faces in? It's a lot. Being smart and knowing how to fight are far from mutually exclusive, and you'd have to be terribly short-sighted to get this." he grinned in response, far from ever getting riled up by her.

helo frens

The two Rahkshi reacted as one, moving to Phogen's defence. The pair saw wisdom in his/her words, and knew which side they would back if this came to fight.

This situation was getting out of control.

IC:

all this talk. the yappity yappity yap yapping echoed dully in every molecule of his armor. goldierahks watched with blank eyes that barely kept themselves from rolling around at the mix of philosophies and transparent power plays that each rahkshi was trying to make over the others.

what does it matter to any of you goldierahks said abrasively. we are rahkshi. we are not makuta. we are not going to be overlords any time soon and even if we were we will not be ruling any known universe from this school. cease and desist hostilities before i break someone.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC

"First, I shall demonstrate one of my own strategies."

Like a smart rahk, I had squatted down to the board, not sat down. That would've left me slow to react, as it leaves Phogen slow to react.

I launch myself at xim, my fist traveling at terminal velocity. It stops a mere centimeter from xis smug face.

"Never leave yourself open."

IC Phogen:

Tsking and shaking her head, she had not even flinched. "...unless one is testing an opponent. You almost got my respect, Knight. You could have put me in traction, but there was no follow through. Now all I have to do is-" There was a piercing squeal through the air as Phogen's coiled up leg jerked out in a sweep at his legs. Phogen had practiced this screech. It was tuned to specifically be painful and cataclysmically mind shattering to Kraata. The volume was high and indiscriminate, and rattled through the armor of any nearby. Except Phogen. She happened to have powers that controlled sound.

OOC: FRIENDS! I am sorry for the ear damage!

Edited by Funkydude527

The two Rahkshi backed off, retreating from the agonising sound. Phogen didn't need their help, or anyone's. S/he could handle itself.

IC: It was met with a screech of equal volume, as The Snake-Faced Kid SCREAMED "BANZAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!" and launched into a tackle, connecting with the currently preoccupied (and on one leg) Phogen and sending them rolling into a tumble that ended up with him on top, his weight pressed down upon her. And he was a fair bit heavier than her, too, leaving her effectively pinned as his hips flattened onto the floor and isolated hers, leaving her no room to kick up off the ground.

"Whatcha want me to break, huh? You want follow through? I'll give ya some follow through!" he cackled with mad glee, encompassed with the thrill of the fight, as he pressed one armored elbow into her neck.

The other came down for her face.

helo frens

IC: Fang

Fang watched as a Rahkshi of Elasticity feigned a blow at Phogen. For a moment, he was excited to see Phogen attacked, but then the coward stopped short. Phogen wasn't so generous, as she uttered a ear-shattering shriek and struck at their legs.

Her prattle was earning her allies. Three Rahkshi stepped to her aid, even when another attacked her. He was going to be a dangerous enemy if it came to that.

IC Phogen:

That brickhead managed to break through her screech. He must be dumb.

That thought continued as a pair of hands grabbed meathead's midriff and began tuning to the protodermis instability frequency. He had not got it right on the money, as protodermis was a finicky metal, but this would no doubt cause an intense degree of pain, and probably some muscle spasms thoughout the offending Rahk's body.

Already she was sizing this one up as a potential operant.

ic:

...until someone needed to be 

b r o k e n.

goldierahks brought his staff across the air and blocked omegas strike with the bo staff. with such force and power aimed at one space the sheer girth and power behind goldies defense was enough to send reverberations through both weapons. the rahkshi of invulnerability took advantage of the distraction and pressed forward like the juggernaut he was hitting the floor in front of omega once. twice. three times testily.

back away. or i will have your armor disassembled and grafted to my own. i do not wish this. you do not want this. think carefully before you do this.

goldierahks words rang out like thunder through the tense space of the melee.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC

Rubber absorbs and dampens vibrations, so you recover quickly, assessing the situation.

Goldierahks punishing Omega ; Twins non-reactive thus far ; Various onlookers also non-reacting, threat level is nil. They are just onlookers for now.

The elastic rahkshi advances on the tangle of Phogen and The Snake-Faced Kid, he stomps down on xis shoulders, hard, planting himself (on his shoulder joints) facing the twins.

He grinds his heels around for added emphasis that he was standing, all several hundred kilograms of him, on delicate joints.

...but close to it

IC: Ow that hurts a lot

Must be using a power which takes focus

What breaks concentration?

THIS!

Hands tied up trying to heat up his stomach through vibration, Phogen was left with no adequate defense against the incoming elbow he and thrown in the firstplace, which smacked her across the face with a satisfying CRACK.

He clenched his superbly armored fist, iron will blotting out pain, and began to rain punches down upon her exposed head. HARD. And did not stop.

helo frens

OOC: I absolutely love the way Snake-Face completely ignored Phogen's attacks, then autohit him/her. #Sarcasm.

Recovering slowly from the screams, the pair readied their weapons. The combatants were too tightly backed for The Twins to intervene without harming both the innocent and guilty parties, so they held back, waiting for an opportunity.

IC: Exxan.

The screeching and sounds of battle brought Exxan running. "What's going on now?"

Edited by Roman Torchwick

OOC: Her hands were tied up, leaving his incoming elbow free to smack her in the face. When she did so it was already on the way, so by the time he had even started hurting, he was already hitting her. I don't care who you are, when you're in the middle of something and you get clocked in the noggin, that stops you in your tracks. That's a fact of fighting. That's how so many great fighters built their games around a jab. That's how Georges St. Pierre shut people down in professional fights throughout his ENTIRE CAREER as the longest reigning Welterweight Champion in MMA.

Phogen is no different.

Edited by Uncle Chael P. Sonnen

helo frens

OOC: I was actually referring to when Snake-Face was seemingly unaffected by Phogen's first sonic attack, then tackled him/her.

IC: The Twins

Silencer held his chain at the ready, and Illusive's claws were poised to strike. As one, they selected their targets, and waited for the right moment to attack.

They slowly began to circle into ambush positions...