Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

IC: "Good thing that's over. I'm pretty sure I'm half mush inside but I don't think they'll let me near the medward so I'm just gonna read up on technique in the meantime I guess" I said sagely, plopping down into a seated position and grabbing the book that had somehow survived the commotion.

"I think we proved our point, though. Live and let live for now?" he asked, looking up as Cao stalked toward his bag.

helo frens

IC: Fang

The Refectory was much emptier than previously, with everyone either in the gym or being taken to the infirmary. The only one Fang had to deal with it was Love Guurahk, which was plenty. After forcing down what he called a "sludge muffin," (nothing more than shaped refectory slop) he was about ready to go to the infirmary himself. He could only stand the Guurahk's ramblings for so long.

"Listen, Love Guurahk, I've got homework to finish. I'll see you tomorrow, I suppose."

Without waiting for a response, he stood up, grabbed his staff, and went upstairs to lock himself in his dorm room.

IC: Xara.

Once over the Causeway, Xara let herself descend, landing on the ground just outside of Phantom-on-the-Water." The village was the most likely destination any Rahkshi from the academy could have gone to, so that was where she would begin her search.

OOC: I'm kind of stalling until my target posts.

Edited by Roman Torchwick

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: The room had been set. The three Fs had commandeered the floor's washroom as the venue and modified it accordingly. Gone were the sinks and pipes, they'd been torn out, piled up in a corner then crudely but securely hammered together into a stage. A few tables had been stolen from the Refectory to fill the empty space. The makeshift hall had few windows but Floor had seen to the ones it did have, her power warping and cracking them into twists and bubbles. Now they both dimmed and refracted the light, casting the room not just into blackness but every shade of colour you could want. It was like being inside a rainbow with the lights switched off. Enough Rahkshi had filtered in to create a small hubbub that only quieted down when Floor took the stage and slammed her fist into her palm. With all eyes focused on the stage, Fench stepped forward.

"Gathered friends," he said with a voice of oil, "Sometimes life can be a right kick in da face. Its been against us Rahkshi from da very start. So when I see a chance to make things just dat little bit better for us, well, I gotta take it."

He looked to Floor, who had been unwrapping the containers Fench had smuggled. With a flourish she pulled the lid off the first of them to reveal, nestled snugly inside...

"Oh my Spirit!"

"Is that what I think it is?"

"That's hot stuff fo' krizzle."

"How'd the sonnuva get hold of those?"

"Its so beautiful..."

"Look! That one she's opening now! Its got frosting!"

Cakes. One in each box. To the Matoran on the mainland they were but humble joys, but to the students, largely isolated and fed naught but greyish gruel? Worth more than their weight in gold.

"Awwright we got one wit' caramel, one wit' chocolate and one wit' vuata maca jam. My associates and I will be handing out slices sos no-one stuffs deir face wit' da whole thing. Now for your ears delight, I welcome to da stage Vamprah's Children wit' deir new song 'Knuck You, Makuta-Dad'!"

He jumped off the stage as the four Rahk band came on and started playing, he, Floor and Fawn each taking one of the cakes to start doling out. The party had begun.

OOC: And cue brief timeskip to this day. For those in the infirmary that would mean you're all fixed up and ready to go. Yes P:MoS that includes Squid, he can stop asking now :P

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Exxan.

Exxan kept to himself as the party began. Even the promise of cake wasn't enough to lure him away from the corner he'd chosen to sit himself in.

He felt guilty. He'd hurt a lot of his classmates the past few days, during the assignment. Worst of all, he'd kind of enjoyed it. The sense of empowerment, the knowledge that he was better than his opponents.

And his last words to Caoutchouc; that had felt good , and he hated himself for it.

IC: The Twins.

The two Rahkshi arrived a little late to the party, but that didn't faze them. They were used to being outsiders. It was how they chose to live.

Pushing through the crowds, deeper into the room, the pair waited to see what the night would throw at them.

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

"We'll cover more ground if we split up," Xara decided as they entered the village, "ask around and see if anyone's seen them." There were a few Rahks from the academy wandering around, but none of them were her target.

"If you learn anything, find me." Xara called over her shoulder, striding away.

From below, Fang could hear some kind of melodious thumping. Is that what the Rahkshi called "music?" It seemed... overbearing, yet interesting. But Fang had already had too much on his mind today, so he slowly melted through the wall and flew out over the island in the moonlight.

IC: Glass

Glass nodded and set off.

Xara might have told me to leave just because she's my target.

But I wasn't going to backstab her! I would have been perfectly fine not attacking her.

Are you sure?

He didn't have an answer.

Just concentrate on the task at hand, then you can sort out your lady issues later.

We're not-

Oh, you so are.

Glass looked around for the target. They didn't seem to be near the main village, at least. Hmm.

Edited by Tenth Norik

It occured to Xara soon after entering the dingy bar that most of the Matoran wouldn't be able to understand her. She was so used to being around others who spoke like her that she'd forgotten Matoran had her own language.

This was going to be more difficult than she'd thought.

IC: Squid

Squid was up and about. He skipped through the halls, and did all sorts of goofy things with his legs in happiness. Sure, he fell a few times and looked like a goon, but his legs were better! As he approached the gym, something caught his sensitive nose. Was it... some pastry? A cupcake? An actual cake? Squid got into flight and flew as fast as he could into the gym, and flew over the crowd of students now assembling to get to the stage. He reached his hand out to the Rahkshi up there and said in his usual, polite voice, (Although with more than a hint of excitement.) 

"Excuse me, may I have one?"

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

IC Phogen:

Standing a little ways away from the doorway, with a sore pair of shoulders and a bandage on the right side of his face, Phogen tapped his foot and leaned against a small, but very specific length of piping. Allowing himself a small moment of praise for his acoustic knowledge, he snagged a small chunk of the carmel cake as it went by and tuned into a few conversations going around the room, searching the room's audio and filtering thought the quality, but perhaps a bit too angsty flotsam being pumped out by the band.

Soon, she found what she was looking for: a pair of Level-1 animals grunting to each other in monosyllabic tones. Settling into her little plot of wall, she focused in on their conversation.

Essie: "Small talk subroutine complete. Were my useless vocalizations inane enough to bring you a sense of comfort?"

Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=763471

Fang flew over the Causeway. He still hadn't been to the mainland. As he was flying over, he spied a few Rahkshi he recognized from earlier. Figuring this would be a good chance to see the more interesting places on the island, he quietly flew down into a nearby alleyway and kept watch.

OOC: time skipping to fit the party time. Also, Midak Skyblaster approved by I am Ultron Six.

IC: Dodge-256

Okay. It was complete.

As the sun began to set. Heralding the new day-um, er, night-256 laid the finishing touches on his project. At the back of the cauldron, he had discovered a silver and black rifle with a warning sign next to it. "Always wear eye shades when using this gun." That warning had turned out to be correct, as the rifle turned out to be a focused laser gun; if not for the goggles, 256 would have gone temporarily blind. 256 had heard rumors of this weapon; Skyblasters, they were called. As a finishing touch, he fixed a bayonet he found nearby. "I guess I'll be engaging my target from afar," he thought to himself. "Might have to find a better sight... Anywhere? He combed the pile of scrap that had settled behind him. "Hm, Hm, no. Guess I'll just use the iron sights." Picking up his new weapon and the matching goggles, he launched unto the air and raced back to the Academy.

Edited by namcurtsnoC

Xara spotted her quary flying towards the village and she immediately took to the air, "Found him!" she shouted, hoping Glass could hear her.

She flew up into Dodge's path, intending to cut him off before he could reach the Causeway.

It was time to finish this assignment.

OOC: keep forgetting the neutral pronouns...

IC: Dodge

256 saw something fly into their path and dodged.

... What?

Xhe's a Rahkshi of Dodge, ya now.

"Another Rahkshi?! Is it..."

Dodge resumed flight and made like for the causeway, cocking their rifle in the process.

Edited by namcurtsnoC

Xara recovered quickly and headed after him, drawing her swords as she did so. She'd practiced wielding her weapons in flight, but never against a Dodge Rahkshi. This would be a new challenge.

"Get back here!" she snarled, racing after him and hoping in the back of her mind that Glass was coming after them.

OOC: 4 pages to read through :(

Lets finish this fight in the next few post due to the timeskip.

IC: (Snakey/At fight)

Through the haze of pain his suit was sending him, Snake managed to grab one of the swords sticking into Clock, pushing it in deeper and twisting.

"Grab him!" he shouted to Phogen, before staggering backwards. If the rahk didn't pass out from the swords, he had to commend him.

IC: (Snakey/After fight)

Snakey ate cake.

He turned to Phogen. "So...did you ever actually find out who my assassin was?"

Edited by Silo

Kathok

IC Phogen at fight:

He was not taking any chances. Diving for the wrists of Clock, he quickly scrambled over the creature's legs, forcing them together. Then, pulling a classic trick, he projected a protodermis-weakening frequency from his now restraining hands. It was a technique that was not yet perfected, but it would certainly feel like Clock's wrists were being melted by irons.

IC Phogen:

Savoring the chunk of cake, refusing to swallow as the caramel melted in her mouth, Phogen experienced a dangerous, but welcome moment of unaware pleasure. He closed his eyes, and sighed out a quiet groan of delight. The little things did sometimes have their merits. He held up a hand to Snake, asking him to pause long enough for her to savor this carmel bliss.

Essie: "Small talk subroutine complete. Were my useless vocalizations inane enough to bring you a sense of comfort?"

Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=763471

Shortly after he landed, one of the Rahkshi took off after what looked like another, leaving Fang and the other Rahkshi in the dust.

I should have known. They're hunting.

He would have intervened if he felt it would have done any good. His fellow students were more set on the approval of Tridax than the lives of their companions. If he could stop the "assassination," it would only happen later with more fury. The only thing he would gain would be enemies, and that was the last thing he needed. So Fang sat in the shadows, suddenly realizing his white armor wasn't ideal for the task.

IC: Omega

Omega entered the room. The coast was clear for now. "Also what happened to you? You look beat up." He heard Snake say. "She was attacked. By Caoutchoac and his new buddies. I helped out but she was beaten up by 2 thugs at once. I did get her to the medbay though." He said. "Also Phogen, coast is clear for now.

"

"Um...ok..."

The Kaulsirahk waited for Pho to finish her|his mouthful.

"Also, what happened to you? You look beat up..."

IC Phogen:

Swallowing, and lamenting the loss more than she had ever lamented anything, but almost shedding a tear over the precious brevity of the experience, Phogen sighed and paused for a moment of theological bliss.

Then she responded. "Chequars, and a chivalrous knight and his ill-bred steed.."

Nodding to Omega, she stood up and headed towards the door. "I'll take my shift now. Tell the organizers what we are doing, and have them make an announcement in a bit. It might flush out our mole. If they agree, round up the troops and have them watch the exits between their revelry. After that, feel free to have some fun. You'll know if the alarm is sounded."

With that, Phogen stepped outside and took a breath of air. She may have to watch her reactions to caramel in the future. That could be a significant emotional weakness.

Edited by Funkydude527

IC: The Twins.

Having eaten of the cake, The Twins had moved back towards the edge of the party, out of everyone's way.

Spotting The Twins reminded Exxan of the message they'd asked him to convey to Phogen. Forcing himself to his feet, he looked around, tryimg to figure out where Phogen was.

OOC: everybody open for interaction.

IC Phogen:

Thinking it was safe to lighten up a bit about the shift change, Phogen stopped, and leaned against the door. She saw the Twins, and gave a nod of greeting to them. She was on duty, and could not discuss much right now, but a simple courtesy was in order. A quick scan of the crowd found Exxan. She gave him a small wave upon catching his eye.

"There you are," he wandered over to join Phogen.

Suddenly, the target brought a heavy cannon around to their assassin. Whatever it did, it didn't appear to be very harmless. Fang quickly analyzed the situation. If the target managed to incapacitate the assassin, the assassin still had allies to finish the job. Revenge would be swift and brutal. If the target didn't take out the assassin, they would be the ones to perish. Unless...

Oh, to Karz with it all.

Fang shot off like a rocket the scene of conflict, flying faster than he ever had. He had to make it.

IC Phogen:

"Indeed. What would be most helpful is explaining to the partygoers that there is an alarm in place, and that Phogen set it up. Make certain to mention me by name." Turning to Exxan, he gave a smile. "Indeed, here I am. If you wish to speak, I may have to tear you away from the party for a moment. It is my watch, so I must be at my post."

"Right"

How to go about this? Snake decided to simply wander around talking to people for a while, offhandedly mentioning it. If the staffies found out about this, they were all in trouble...Snake guessed that there was probably a spy in here somewhere, knowing Triddy, but then again, that was probably Pho's plan to begin with...

Kathok

IC CLockwork:

Just as Phogen grabbed his wrists, Clockwork saw that there was no other choice. Calling on his last bit of rapidly fading strength, he ejected from his armor, timing the shot to land as close to teh Infermary door as possible. He squirmed towards it as fast as he could.

IC Shatter:

Shatter had been lookign for Xara. He had opted not to find cake, as he probably would have tried to blow it up. Seeing Xara speeding off in pursuit of another Rahkshi over the Sauseway, he went into reclining position and sped after her.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

IC: Dodge-256

The causeway was coming into view. 256 sprinted as fast as xhe could. In response to Xara's yell, xhe briefly looked over their shoulder at their pursuant.

256 didn't have much experience with guns; while he could aim, shoot, and reload with minimal difficulty, xhe had no experience with hitting moving targets, shooting while moving, or shooting from non-orthodox positions. Nevertheless, xhe aimed the rifle over their shoulder, allowing a slight turn, and fired a warning shot at Xara.