Student Register

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

Hey, a question.

Is this school designed to create a unified, cohesive fighting force?

Because it's not doing a good job of that right now.

If it's trying to weed out the stragglers and bring out the talents of the exceptional, however, it's doing a very good job.

Do the Makuta want 100 average Rahkshi or 10 exceptional Rahkshi? Or something else entirely?

• Upvote 1

It's just to watch and wait to see if the Rahkshi can prove to be as effective or more so than the normal Rahkshi. If some of the "less effective" ones get left behind or killed on the way, it's not much. But if they see something special, who knows what will happen?

It's an experiment.

They just want to see what happens, how the new Rahks interact with each other, what happens when they start to level up and become stronger. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Speaking of leveling up, how does that work exactly? Do you have to be on Tridax's good side, and he'll just "poof" you up to level 3? Is it just an automatic thing once you gain enough "experience," or do something good-Rahkshi-like? Or is it just at the end of one of the assignments, those who performed well just level up?

We'll have to wait and see. I think it'll just happen if and when Ultron decides a certain character has done enough to earn it.

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Alright, here we go. Anyone willing to give me a quick rundown on what's happened so I can get rocking?

Name: Metal

Variation: Power Scream

Level: 2

Gear: A hollow axe with simple guitar strings and tuners at the end of the handle. In the end, it would likely be more useful as an everyday axe than a primitive guitar, but he tries his hardest to make it work.

Appearance: Metal's armor is primarily black with bright red shoulder pads, and he has bent the shoulder pads into a sort of collar. He has also added red streaks below his "eyes." The final piece of his ensemble is a crude black cape with red trim that attaches into his shoulder pads.

Personality: Friendly, angry, narcissistic, and generally bad at expressing himself in any way but song. He loves others despite the fact that he may seem edgy and off-putting most of the time. He thinks his breed of music is his perfect gift to all, and that is his main form of narcissism; he does not necessarily believe that he himself is better than others. Overall, he's likeable to those who like his music and grating to pretty much everyone else.

Bio: The first thing he saw was metal. The metal was of his own fingers, of course, but he decided "Metal" sounded much better than "Fingers" or "Digits." Thus he decided his name would be Metal. His second true desire after naming himself was to scream, yet not for pain or the pain of others. To him, his screaming was oddly lyrical, and he desired to share his new found personal entertainment with other Rahkshi. Soon, he realized that the others didn't appreciate his screeching, and thus he desired to find a way to properly express it. He went to the Ghosts to see what could be done, and one made him a simple instrument out of an axe. After mastering (term used loosely) his instrument, Metal wanted to name his new music. Being slightly narcissistic, he named it after himself, his race, and the weight of his axe-guitar. Thus Metal decided that Heavy Metal Rahk would be his gift to the Academy, and he set off to spread his love to his fellow Rahkshi and, maybe, even to the Makuta!

And now... to spread the joy of Heavy Metal Rahk to the school. This will be hilarious. Hopefully. Also accepting people who want to join the band. A sound guy, a drummer, another guitarist... Power (or Ultron, whatever he's called these days) said we could start a band, and I intend to do just that. =3

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

Speaking of leveling up, how does that work exactly? Do you have to be on Tridax's good side, and he'll just "poof" you up to level 3? Is it just an automatic thing once you gain enough "experience," or do something good-Rahkshi-like? Or is it just at the end of one of the assignments, those who performed well just level up?

Automatic once you gain enough experiences. Though I'm not using any solid points system to decide that, its more or less entirely up to my whims and fancy :P

Zealot and Metal are approved

7AOYGDJ.jpg

What exactly constitutes "enough experiences"? Just when you feel that a character has done enough to warrant it?

Exxan's secret ambition revealed! Yay for character development! http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/15652-corpus-rahkshi/page-46?do=findComment&comment=801323

Edited by Roman Torchwick
  • Upvote 1

Hmm, sounds interesting. I don't see how he really has the power to do so though... I guess casting bits of darkness everyone for moodiness? =P In either case, he can definitely be Metal's first groupie.

I might make a post soon, but it probably won't be for a few hours. I gotta feed animals and take someone to the doctor. Yay adult responsibilities. X3 When I do post, where do you think would be best for Metal to set up his one-Rahk band?

E: Also, I see that Flash is looking for metal. Maybe a punderful encounter is in order?

Edited by Toa of Dancing

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

I really hope Phogen's Breaker's Song is a Bastion reference. That is my favorite game, and the Breaker's Bow is my favorite weapon.

And you know, I figured that if Fang ever got a weapon like this, odds are he'd try to give it back, sadly. Even if it was the perfect weapon made exactly for him, and completely heat proof, he's too much of a "Moralizer" to keep it. You're still welcome to try. :D

Speaking of Fang (sorry I just keep tacking on more things to these posts), when can he leave the infirmary?

Edited by Click

Exxan's secret ambition revealed! Yay for character development! http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/15652-corpus-rahkshi/page-46?do=findComment&comment=801323

*Sniff* My little pet project is growing up so fast! He has graduated from brooding intellect to revealing his plans to his enemies like a proper Bond villian! Its seems like just yesterday he was setting traps in the library....

In any case, I am interested to see how Phogen might react if this got around. My guess: suprisingly positive. She likes ambition. And considering Exxan's is escape, it does not conflict with her own goals. I could see this becoming profitable indeed.

• Upvote 1

Essie: "Small talk subroutine complete. Were my useless vocalizations inane enough to bring you a sense of comfort?"

Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=763471

I guess they can do it more than once, if that's what you mean. They just keep on changing depending on their environment, so permanent change would sorta be a disadvantage...

In other news, SO MANY PAAAAAGGGGEEEESSSS :P

Talking of drawings, I might do an a Wraith pic...btw, Nato The Roman, what program do you use to render your LDD models?

Nato the Roman. Lol. That name seems to have stuck.

The program is called POV-ray (http://www.povray.org/) , but you need a second program to convert it from an LDD file to a format that can be converted (http://ldd2povray.lddtools.com/). It can actually make the LDD files look like actual Lego sets, but a conversion like that takes days on my laptop, so I bring the settings down a little bit to make it run faster but still keep decent detail. 

Really? I've actually tried using that too, but I assumed you were using something else cos of the backgrounds etc.

Btw, Funky, I think you might have missed my last Snakey post...Pho is on Nynrah, isn't s/he?

Kathok

Well, this recruitment process is going exceptionally better than expected. I guess RPers like metal more than I thought. Or the idea of a Rahkshi band (canonically justified - just remember the Rahkshi Rock) is hilarious. Or both.

If you want to join the band or just have fun, come meet up with Metal in the Library. =3

But Metal is a Rahkshi of love and rebellion, friendship and anger. He's a slug, it's complicated (my new favorite phrase regarding Rahkshi). He means to reach into the bookish Rahkshi's souls and bring them to the light darkness of Heavy Metal Rahk.

Silence is blashpemy! The true heart of darkness is in Rahk!

...This entire conversation is hilarious.

Also, fair warning, I'm gonna be here for about 2-3 more hours and then probably not on again until late tonight.

Alright, I'm gonna limit my characters to two. I think I have enough time to balance that many.

Name: Short

Variation: Slow

Level: 2

Gear: A large, simple mace. Best for just smashing things, although Short's disposition makes swinging it effectively difficult. A gigantic (talking about a bio high) sand blue pointed hat.

Appearance: Short is, well, short. Like, quarter-of-normal-Rahkshi-size short. Its armor is a rusted gray, despite its Kraata type, due to its defiance of original armor choice. It likes wearing an extremely large sand blue hat to distinguish itself, though in the end it looks like a bio-high dunce cap. MOC by Johnrahk: Here

Personality: Extremely attached to everything. Also extremely defensive of everything. Loud, yet mildly slow of speech. Has a short complex despite the fact that it could have chosen larger armor, and has been offered to change at any time.

Bio: When it was first transferred to a Rahkshi suit, the Kraata was improperly placed and fell out. Before Tridax realized the situation and could pick it up, the Kraata slunk over to a defective suit in the corner that was roughly a quarter of the size of normal Rahkshi. It firmly planted itself in the cramped head compartment and marched over to its Makuta. Tridax was amused enough to let Short have its way, if not just to see how much the other Rahkshi would bully it.

Edited by Toa of Dancing

Really? I've actually tried using that too, but I assumed you were using something else cos of the backgrounds etc.

Oh, that? No, I just created my rendered images with a transparent background, then used a normal editing program to add backgrounds and effects, etc. 

*Sniff* My little pet project is growing up so fast! He has graduated from brooding intellect to revealing his plans to his enemies like a proper Bond villian! Its seems like just yesterday he was setting traps in the library....

In any case, I am interested to see how Phogen might react if this got around. My guess: suprisingly positive. She likes ambition. And considering Exxan's is escape, it does not conflict with her own goals. I could see this becoming profitable indeed.

Precisely. And like he said, he intends to go along with any and every thing he has to to make allies and grow in power, so he probably won't ever be in a position where he'd be forced to screw Phogen over. 

I'm just wondering how long it will last when some of the quieter, bookish Rahkshi hear about it. Exxan can do some serious damage.  :P

Killed a guy... with books. Nuff said. 

If you start trying to play rock music in the library, I'll set The Twins on you all. 

And just FYI, one of them is a silence Rahkshi.