Student Register

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

I'd just like to point out a few problems I have with your last post Dallior.

First of all, there is absolutely no way Karzfire could have known about the rebellion. It's been kept under wraps since its formation, and only a very limited number of people actually know it exists, all of them trustworthy. Even if it did get out to the rest of the school, how could he have heard about it before arriving? I just don't see any possible way.

Also, you don't need to be a Mind Reading Rahkshi to be suspicious of someone who just walked up and said he knows about your rebellion. It's kept secret for a reason, and they're not exactly going to trust anyone they come across.

And the rebellion group is meeting outside at the Causeway. It would be nice of you to do your research before jumping into an interaction. They also were never huddled together secretly. Kat and Fang talked for a moment, walked over to Phogen, Hoto, Era, and Jayar, then walked off again. Karzfire would be coming out as they were leaving.

Edited by Click

@Chumpu Well, he could have at least said "Someone we pretty much but didn't quite murder." 

Also, Poly may not have known Dallior's name, but Dallior sure knew Poly's. :bucktooth:

@Click Well, excuse me for not going through 20,000 pages of posts. :P

Sorry, sorry. BUT HOW THE ACTUAL KARZ ELSE WAS I GONNA GET INTO THIS?! 

Edited by Dallior Nuva

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

Sorry, sorry. BUT HOW THE ACTUAL KARZ ELSE WAS I GONNA GET INTO THIS?!

Not metagaming would probably be a good place to start.

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I don't expect you to go through 20,000 pages of posts. Just the previous one or two, or better yet, use the search bar.

I don't mind if you want to get into the rebellion, but if you want to jump in, give Kat and Fang a reason to approach you about it. They aren't taking anyone off the streets, especially ones that approach them apparently knowing too much. They have to find someone trustworthy who seems to harbor anti-Makuta or pro-Matoran sympathies who seems like someone they can use. Don't try to muscle your way in, because I'm telling you right now, that won't work.

Indeed, a lot of the relationships and plot points were set up over those 20,000 posts.

You have to build your own characters relationships with interaction.

Edit: also I'd appreciate it if you did not tell people we talked it over when we hadn't really.

And on Click's note, I'm sure there are a fair few Rahkshi and other creatures that will tell you how bad of an idea it is to try and muscle past Kat.

Edited by Chumpu

But how would you suggest I get in this? I do have another Rahk ready that would be a better Resistance member.

Edited by Dallior Nuva

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

But how would you suggest I get in this? I do have another Rahk ready that would be a better Resistance member.

Here's a serious question: why are you so obsessed with joining the rebellion?

The characters currently involved have spent several in-game months at Corpus Rahkshi. They've fought together, developed relationships, and mourned lost friends. They have many, many reasons to want to leave the school.

Your characters have only just arrived, and have none of these reasons.

Instead of trying to force your characters into events they have no reason to want to be a part of, I'd suggest you focus on developing your own character arcs, and build plotlines of your own.

Trust me when I say it's way more fun that way, for everyone involved.

• Upvote 1

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Hey, Hakrii's been at the school for supposedly a while, according to the APPROVED PROFILE.

Besides, I know when adventure is ready. Chumpu SEEMS ok with me jumping in; may have misread them. If not, I'll give up and leave.

Timageness here basically took the words out of my mouth.

That's Tiragath, not Timeageness.

Nato is correct in the fact that the post was actually made by Tiragath.

I know not who this "Timeageness" person is, however. Are they a new BZPower member? :P

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

I'll admit, I looked at Hakrii's profile and thought she could make a nice candidate for the rebellion. But that's not quite how it works. Like Nato said, you can't spontaneously decide to join a secret organization just for fun. There needs to be a good reason behind it, and you have to make them want to take you. Right now, no one knows your characters well enough to think them trustworthy enough to join the rebellion. They haven't proved themselves to be valuable additions to the team. And the rebellion is kind of moving on right now. It's closing down and setting off to Malebranche in preparation for a final conflict. It would be extremely difficult, even for someone who has been there for a while, to get in.

And I'd have to agree with Nato. This has been months in the making. We have a pretty good idea of how the rebellion is going to work from here on out, and it would be difficult to slip a few new characters in there. But there's nothing against you forming your own rebellion, considering no one else knows about this one. There's plenty of time to develop your characters to figure out exactly how they behave, and what they fight for.

Hey, Hakrii's been at the school for supposedly a while, according to the APPROVED PROFILE.

Besides, I know when adventure is ready. Chumpu SEEMS ok with me jumping in; may have misread them. If not, I'll give up and leave.

There's a difference between a character's profile saying they've been here a while, and them actually being present and interacting and experiencing everything.

And he's actually not okay with you trying to force your way in, and he's asked you once already not to make up stuff about him.

And I'd have to agree with Nato. This has been months in the making. We have a pretty good idea of how the rebellion is going to work from here on out.

Although, some of us know more than others. :evilbiggrin:

Also, I love the way Exxan's death turned out to be the catalyst that finally got everything moving. And it perfectly coincided with Phogen's return, just for added feels.

Edited by Locus

I can't confirm I am Tiragath.

Your username would argue otherwise.

The alien on the bench is Tiragath, this madman simply stole his identity and is posting Corpus characters against his will. :P

But let's get back on track here... Vaalku's probably not gonna be able to move for a few hours IC, and will make good hiding his former self for security. Oh yeah, expect zany new character style now that he's hiding in Dallior.

Character development. B-)

He is ripping it off the hinges. And in the future could we discussproblems you have with my posts before posting something else ignoring it? I would appreciate it as a courtesy. Thanks.

Edited by ToaKapura1234

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

Breaking down a door is an action that takes a fair amount of time, and time is something that Mangai does not have, since his opponent is still right there attacking him.

Hence why I was forced to disregard that part of the post when I made my reply, as it simply wasn't possible under the circumstances.

Edited by Locus

Locus, you do not run the game, you don't decide what's impossible. At the end of the day, only Ultron can overrule me.And with adrenaline in a Rahkshi it could be done quickly.

Edited by ToaKapura1234

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

And with adrenaline in a Rahkshi it could be done quickly.

Regardless of all of that, you still disregarded how fights work in these games.

Person A attacks. Person B responds to that attack, then makes an action of their own.

In this case, Sliver attacked. You responded by having Mangai take the hit, and then your action was having him not cry out, followed by him trying to avoid drawing attention to himself.

At that point you should have stopped to allow me to respond, instead of having Mangai sneak past three other fighters, cross the hallway, and break down a sturdy door - actions that are unfair on myself and everyone else involved.

In the future could we discussproblems you have with my posts before posting something else ignoring it?

Due to these nasty little things called timezones, we're barely on at the same times as each other. If I wasted my time sitting around waiting for you to come online just to argue back and forth about a moot point, then we'd both get left behind in-game.

For example, here you are arguing about a post I made twelve hours ago. In the meantime, the other half of the fight has continued on.

Locus, you do not run the game, you don't decide what's impossible. At the end of the day, only Ultron can overrule me.

I'm not deciding what's impossible. My decisions are governed by delightful concepts such as "realism", "fair play" and "common sense" - concepts that all RPers are expected to adhere to.

Off the top of my head, I can think of at least three other players who were in agreement that Mangai's actions were implausible (they were actually the ones who pointed it out to me).

And while the second part of your post was unrealistic, the first part was perfectly reasonable, so rather than asking you to edit out the nonsense bit and wait a full day for you to show up and (maybe) do so, I chose to just reply to the portion that made sense, in order to prevent us from being left further behind.

Edited by Locus
  • Upvote 3

Some mysteries are beyond the scope of human understanding...

*flips table* Fine, I'll stop trying to continually break in. My last post has been edited to the point of unrecognizableness. Stopping the rebellion-joining thing. I might as well go crush someone with Karzfire. :P

You counseled me to be patient and wait for people to respond yet you do not take your own advice. And saying "That is impossible" was a quote from you. And you continually ignore how RPing works, its Person A does something and Person B responds not Person B responds to the parts they judge not to pretend didn't happen.

Edited by ToaKapura1234

And you continually ignore how RPing works, its Person A does something and Person B responds not Person B responds to the parts they judge not to pretend didn't happen.

Nato isn't going against the rules of Rping by ignoring posts that go against the rules of RPing.

Edited by 000
  • Upvote 2

Kathok

Only the host gets the final say of what's against the rules. I'm not even saying I disagree with Locus' judgment, I'm saying that while I can respect disagreeing with someone, informing them before responding to their posts and then debating the point in the topic. But I can't respect when someone decides entirely on their own, without input from the player they are interacting with or anyone else for that matter, what is acceptable. That is the host's job. If Locus wants his characters to ignore mine when he deems they act unrealistic that is his right. It is not his right however to react with my characters in ways that contradict my posts without the consent of me or the host.

tldr; it is against the rules of RPing because its not his decision whether or not I violated the rules.

Edited by ToaKapura1234

You know Kovika, if Doubt and Haken finish their fight quick, they could assist Kovika in the halls...

Wait, who am I talking to then?

I'm pretty sure using one of my characters to help another one of my characters is frowned upon. When I access a computer, as I will not be able to for approximately two hours, Doubt and Haken can wrap up the fight and Doubt can help Mar'jik with Grim and in turn help Sidonas.

However, if it would be ok for Haken to assist, then that's great.

"In this new- Wait, why am I being quoted?!"

-Kovika, Toa of Ice, Bread Enthusiast, and Ko-Metru Scholar.

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf

@ToaKapura.

"Only the host gets final say of what's against the rules."

Incorrect. The GM doesn't get "final say" as to what's against the rules. The rules are the rules, and if someone is blatantly flaunting them, it is the right of the player on the receiving end to ignore or disregard that, especially in circumstances where the GM cannot be online all the time to manage these situations.

But I can't respect when someone decides entirely on their own, without input from the player they are interacting with, or anyone else for that matter. what is acceptable." 

Clearly, you aren't even showing the decency to read the posts I've made. As I explained above, several other players of this game were in agreement regarding my actions, and were in fact the ones who pointed out to me the impossibility of what Mangai was doing in the first place.

"That is the host's job." 

Again, incorrect. It's Ultron's job to run the game as a whole. It's not his job to read over every single post that's made and swoop in to call out every little action he thinks may or may not be unfair. It's up to us, as the players, to deal with these disputes.

"If Locus wants his characters to ignore mine when he deems they act unrealistic that is his right". 

I'm really not sure why this line is even in here, since me doing exactly this is what you're now complaining about.

"It is not his right however to react with my characters in ways that contradict my posts without the consent of me or the host". 

I didn't contradict your post, though. I'm seriously beginning to wonder if you actually read any of what I've said here, or in the gameplay topic. As I clearly explained earlier, part of your post was unrealistic and unfair, so I chose to disregard that paragraph and just reply to the one that came before it, because that part was perfectly reasonable.

"it is against the rules of RPing because it is not his decision whether or not I violated the rules." 

Once more, you are incorrect. The rules are in place for the players to manage and govern themselves. It's not up to this game's one moderator to monitor everything that happens and nitpick every little thing.

I might add that you haven't been playing this game for anywhere near as long as myself or the other players I consulted with before making my decision, so I think we'd all appreciate it if you stopped making presumptuous statements about how this game works, when you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

Now, one final note from the rules:

Try not to take things too personally. If one player's character is attacking or insulting one of your characters it is not an attack on you by proxy. I've seen even veteran RPers forget this on occasion so bear it in mind.

Despite my frustration with this entire situation, and our prior disagreements, I'm trying very hard not to take it too personally. I would suggest you attempt to do the same.

• Upvote 1

How did I mix that up?

Hey, at least you got the first two letters right, so it's not that bad.

I somehow confused Tiragath with Daniel The Finlander over in the BZPRPG a couple months back. Karz happens.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Karz happens.

Aint that the truth. :(

How did I mix that up?

Hey, at least you got the first two letters right, so it's not that bad.

I somehow confused Tiragath with Daniel The Finlander over in the BZPRPG a couple months back. Karz happens.

I'm tempted to make bad joke or deliberately call you and Tira each other's names just to confuse or annoy.

Oh, and is it frowned upon to have one of your characters help another one of your characters if there is a legitimate reason? I'm assuming the answer is a no. Am I correct?

"In this new- Wait, why am I being quoted?!"

-Kovika, Toa of Ice, Bread Enthusiast, and Ko-Metru Scholar.

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf