Bionicle Mafia XX: Hail the Mad King

Ehksidian

@QP

I think the amount of Pyros it would take for that to start having any likelihood of occurrence is too large. Similar to the reason I want to kill the King ASAP: it could potentially be beneficial in the long run, but in almost every situation it's too risky.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Also, as we've seen so far, the Monarch tends to keep the Pyros down as long as he lives. So, in an ideal situation, we lynch the Prince with just two Pyros remaining (the one that we're not killing tonight, and the one we don't kill when we lynch the Prince.)

E: @Chro True, but if the situation gets as bad as Taka is worried about, then we will have that amount of Pyros.

Edited by Quisoves Pugnat

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)

Chro, your self-importance when other villagers have done literally everything for you is... amusing. Between Xae leaving a literally complete phase one of XIX to you that you barely managed to succeed with, anyway, and the fact that Pulse decided to gamethrow here in XX by contacting the Prince, you've done nothing and tried to take credit for everything.

Anyway, the King himself just gamethrew, as well, so I'm done. I'll see you guys when XXII rolls around.

*Snaps fingers*

Was.

Here and there I stop and think, is Burnmad right? Am I wildly slinging falsities and acting like I'm more important than every other villager? I'm pretty sure I'm not, but if I am and I'm somehow not realizing it, please, please let me know. I don't want to act like that.

Edited by Chro

but their spirits

Well, this game was...a thing.

-Tyler

That's a fairly apt way of putting it, past tense aside. :P

We need more things. Paranoia is lovely.

E: @Chro Not really. Besides, what Burn is doing is calling the proverbial kettle black. He's just baiting you. Pay him no heed.

Edited by Quisoves Pugnat

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)

Paranoia?

Burn claims Pulse contacted the King to throw the game. Awfully hypocritical to say that. Does he have any evidence? Is Burnmad the Prince somehow even though he's just an anti-village villager? Has ToaD really been trampled by zebras?

How's that for paranoia? :P

but their spirits

Uh

Just saying the game isn't over if the King dies and the Prince ascends. It's still going on. And, as far as I know, no one has contacted the prince.

Then again you guys don't have to add me to PMs in games. Anyways, I am...uh, quite sad to see everyone get so angry over this. Coupled with my myriad of mistakes so far, it's not looking like I'll host again anytime soon.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

I'm pretty sure the Prince wouldn't literally quit the game after the King suicided.

And also wouldn't show up as Matoran upon being investigated.

Also, my evidence that Pulse threw the game by contacting the Prince is the PM conversation Quisoves quoted into this topic several pages back.

Lastly, Quisoves, the past tense is accurate, seeing as you're probably not even making it through the night. This game is very likely over, thanks to the fact that several of the very few villagers capable of free thought allied with the obvious Prince and convinced the rest of the Village to lynch the King.

*Snaps fingers*

No, I don't think you've done a poor job hosting, Ehks. Everyone makes mistakes.

It's just the nature of the game. This game, I mean, not necessarily Mafia in general.

@Burnmad

Oh. Nah, man. I was joking about you being the Prince, as was hopefully indicated by the immediate mention of ToaD's zebra issues.

I know that Ehks saw QP's PMs so I'm pretty sure he would've taken that into consideration if QP was in fact the Prince. The host wouldn't deliberately mislead players like that.

Right, Voltex? : P

Edited by Chro
  • Upvote 1

but their spirits

I understand that. I just don't want him to think that he shouldn't host again because of what's happened so far in this one.

I also made a pretty big one in 2FA (Closing voting atfer only one hour to have a 6-way hang which was dumb), and have made many, many small mistakes as well, more than any other game I've seen.

Oh well. Voting ends at 6:30.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

By the way, while I'm relatively calm, and since he's quitting the game, I'd like to publicly apologize to Burnmad. Trolling like he did was, however infuriating, a perfectly legitimate tactic employed to cause me to slip up and not think straight. My anger in response to it was unwarranted; I was acting as if he was cheating or somehow otherwise playing unfairly, which he was not.

but their spirits

This game was ehksellent, I'm pretty much just quitting because Portal's suiciding.

To reiterate; I really don't care about what anyone else did, regardless of the stupidity of the Village's decision to lynch the King before the Prince. Apology not really necessary, but accepted regardless.

*Snaps fingers*

Well

I come back a few hours later to see that half of the players I was allied to have quit the game

And one of the most stunning displays of immaturity from a group of players that I've ever seen

So

Good job, Village

You've screwed us all, and now the Prince is probably going to stab everybody in the eye with a fork

Whatevs

• Upvote 2

There are so many pages... and I have no idea what's going on.

*Pats on back*

You aren't alone... Though did read through the majority of the new pages... and frankly they aren't worth reading.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

DAY THREE: Regicide

Another day, another arson. Everyone was outraged, and pointing fingers. Seaborgium did it! No, no, the King did it!
Wait, what?
A fair few people were yelling to get rid of the King, that he was mad and the source of these issues. He was the reason these fires were occurring, and why people were doing it. A few of the villagers were taken aback – the King, against them? Even in his madness, he tried to help everyone...why else would he tell people to protect one another? To find the person who burned the houses down? The dots didn’t line up.
But many were furious. They rushed for the King, King Portalfig. He raised his hands, and called for the Village to stop.
The village stopped, more stunned than ordered to do so.
“I...know I have done wrong. I have caused the destruction of many, death to our few remaining villagers, and it is my fault. I had no way of finding the Prince, the madman.”
The King seemed lucid for once. His eyes held sorrow.
“I have failed my village. And, as such, I must be put down.”
The observer stepped up. “Are you sure? You know what will happen upon your death...”
“The Prince can do no harm worse than I have done. I am sure.”
The observer nodded, raising his staff. Before he could bring it down on the King’s head, a shot cracked out. The King collapsed, and the Prince emerged from the crowd.
“You have no idea, old man. Finally, I can rule...”
King Portalfig coughed. He was still alive, barely. Numerous Matoran rushed forth to help him, to see if he could make it. He whispered to one of the Matoran by his side, and lowered his head. He had died. His heartlight faded. All the Matoran stood from his side, and looked at the Prince. The observer turned, too.
“Do you truly think these Matoran will follow you?”
The Prince sneered. “Of course. I am the rightful heir to the throne! I am his descendant!”
“He wished for your death. You hold no power here.”
The Prince took a step back. “Of...of course I do! I am of royal lineage! If you disobey me, death is all that will meet you!”
A Matoran walked in front of the observer. “And I would rather face death than be led by you.”
The others nodded. They all nodded. Except for three Matoran. They pushed past everyone else, and stood by the Prince. “And we would rather serve the Prince than die by his hands.”
The Prince smiled. “I hold no power indeed. Hah.”
The Prince turned away, his Matoran in tow. The rest of the Village glanced at each other. What would they do? They had to do something...
Night began to fall. The Matoran returned to their homes, worried. The Prince was on the loose. There was nothing they could do...or was there?
PORTALFIG (King) LYNCHED
THE PRINCE HAS ASCENDED

--
Please check the OP to see the changes, and new roles. PMs will be sent out momentarily.
The King is dead.
Long live the King.

• Upvote 6

1Ydp0mg.jpg

RIPtoflag.
I must admit, I'm relieved by this second phase's twist (which isn't to say it's not really cool, because it's awesome). I was quite scared of what the Prince would become.
Hopefully the secret role isn't terribly over-the-top.

Edited by Chro
  • Upvote 1

but their spirits

RIPtoflag.

I must admit, I'm relieved by this second phase's twist. I was quite scared of what the Prince would become.

Hopefully the secret role isn't terribly over-the-top.

Like I said, I had no plans on making it stupidly overpowered.

In fact, I took "Very differently" seriously.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

I'm pretty much just quitting because Portal's suiciding.

*Snaps fingers*

Wow. Just wow.

I can understand you being mad at Portal's sui/regicide. I understand how annoying it is when someone just stops trying to play the game,

So how do you respond? You quit.

You respond by doing the exact same thing Portal did. This is the second consecutive game you've walked out on. You're walking out of games isn't making a point, it's just ruining it for the rest of the players.  It's simple politeness and honesty to play if you said you would. I'm certain another member would have taken your spot if you haven't signed up. It is simply rude to sign up and then walk out when things don't go the way you like.

• Upvote 5

MnRA5kV.png