Bionicle Mafia XX: Hail the Mad King

Ehksidian

We really would do best to turn our attention to the royals. The King is throwing us breadcrumbs in the hope that we will be so taken with lynching Pyros as to not consider the implications of leaving him alive until the final round (at which point he has effectively won, thanks to his triple vote.)

As I've said before, we should continue lynching Pyros until the King's and Prince's suspect lists have been narrowed down enough to have a realistic chance of lynching one of them.

But seeing as you're awfully keen on allowing Pyros to build up, perhaps we should just go ahead and lynch you?

*Snaps fingers*

As I've said before, we should continue lynching Pyros until the King's and Prince's suspect lists have been narrowed down enough to have a realistic chance of lynching one of them.

I suppose I'm not opposed to that course of action. I was just afraid that we'd be satisfied with simply lynching Pyros.

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)

So uh, Ehks, I'm sorry man, but

You've just confirmed that Voltex is not the King and that the King did indeed vote for Shadowhawk

LET'S GET TO THE INVESTIMAGATION

(And yes, Voltex changed his vote initially from Zakaro to Seaborgium)

Edited by Chro

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

You've just confirmed that Voltex is not the King and that the King did indeed vote for Shadowhawk

Ah

I told you guys the King voted for Shadowhawk, anyways, like with Tyler's ehksecution.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

NIGHT 3: Rain

The night fell. The sun had fallen, and the stars were out. Flashes around the village.
The game was afoot. The stars vanished beneath a shroud of clouds, and a few drops of rain patters along the streets below...

--

Chro had just entered his home, only to find something waiting for him – a box. He shuddered. Shadowhawk mentioned a box being sent...was this the one he was speaking of? He slowly, hesitantly, flipped the lid off...only to reveal a needle inside. A hastily scribbled note, saying “PROTECT” on it was taped to the needle. Chro sighed in relief. He wasn’t going to kill anyone tonight, thankfully. He could only guess “Protect” meant to protect someone...but who? He thought, and finally decided on Onarax. Might as well, after all.
Chro walked over, and knocked on the door. Onarax answered. A short discussion later, and Chro was dragging Onarax’s unconscious body back to his home. He would wake once they were back at his house, so they could alternate watch. But the King told him to protect someone, and so, Chro did.
Nothing touched their home.

--

The Pyro dashed through the streets, box in hand. They had to start the fire now, while the rain was falling. Lightning split the sky in twine, and the Pyro looked to the heavens. Rain was still falling. Good. They splashed a bit of fluid around Gengar and Underscore’s home, and lit a few matches. Thunder rumbled. The matches were tossed, and the Pyro hoped the rain would put them out.
The gods were not pleased by these dirty tactics. The matches were put out, and no fire was started. The gods did not like this. A bolt of lightning struck Underscore’s home, setting it alight. The fluid helped it burn, when normally the rain would have put the fire out.
The Pyro stared at the fire, and sighed. Hopes, dashed. Silently, they returned to their home.

--

Blade had woken up to find a box on the doorstep, and an order to find the madman. The most logical person to ask would be burn, and that is what Blade did – investigate Burn.
Burn confirmed that he had not left the house, and is just a normal Matoran. Blade sighed. The most logical lead...not happening. Blade’s eyes drifted to the smoke, and sighed again. Too late. Fire went down, and someone was dead. The decree was crumpled and discarded. The observer watched Blade dejectedly return home, and chuckled. Oh, how funny.
A few minutes later, and the village was out and about once again.
“Please, cast your votes! We must execute the madman post-haste!”
YOU HAVE 24 HOURS TO VOTE Edited by 2nd Lt. Jean Havoc

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Chro walked over, and knocked on the door. Onarax answered. A short discussion later, and Chro was dragging Onarax’s unconscious body back to his home. He would wake once they were back at his house, so they could alternate watch. But the King told him to protect someone, and so, Chro did.

I find it worth noting that Valendale came readily back with me last night, as opposed to resisting, like the other two protectees.

gZsNWyr.png

Ah . I'd briefly considered protecting Underscore (and others) but decided instead to RNG and got Onarax.

As for the scene, the most obvious thing to me (aside from the weather) is the repeated allusions to speed or swiftness, etc.

If that's not the clue, it's the storm... lightning could implicate Blade, water could implicate Otter, I don't know yet.

@QP - Valendale as Prince?

Edited by Chro

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

I find it worth noting that Valendale came readily back with me last night, as opposed to resisting, like the other two protectees.

Do you think that implies Valendale as more guilty, or more innocent?

E: Chro y u ninja me

Edited by CHRIS PRATT

Do you think that implies Valendale as more guilty, or more innocent?

Fair question, I suppose. We know I'm not the King, and Onarax and I can't both be the Prince, so it would seem that the anomaly is on the part of Valendale.

gZsNWyr.png

Or you guys are looking for hints for stuff where I'm not putting them

Artistic license is a thing, and that's what it is here.

That makes sense. It would have been too obvious a hint, anyway.

I'm somewhat suspicious of Pulse. Witness the following PM-exchange:

I am going to accuse you of being the Prince, on the behalf of another.

Confirm or Refute.

I shall do my best to refute. I have invited myself to be investigated, quite a gamble for the Prince to make, since I had not yet been bandwaggoned, if I recall correctly. I also wouldn't seem quite so keen to get myself lynched, I imagine. Nor would I make myself such a spectacle of myself. I'd lay low, try to identify the King, and then wait for him to die, getting him killed if possible.

Be warned that Burnmad thinks you're the Prince, then. That invitation could be seen as a dare. 

The King also wants you dead, I'd imagine. Burnmad has connections to the King, he has told me.

Be warned that Burnmad thinks you're the Prince, then. That invitation could be seen as a dare. 

That would be a rather suicidal dare, and I think we all know that I am anything but.

The King also wants you dead, I'd imagine. Burnmad has connections to the King, he has told me.

May I ask why he sees fit to speak through you? Why doesn't he contact me himself?

He's not speaking through me, I don't even know who he is. The KIng wanting you dead is a guess, not a fact. 

He's not speaking through me, I don't even know who he is. The KIng wanting you dead is a guess, not a fact. 

But you stated you were accusing me on his behalf. :???:

Twas a lie, I was just curious about you.

gZsNWyr.png

Note to self: Don't ever, ever PM Quisoves about Mafia.

Note to self: Don't trust Pulse.

Note to self: You fool, don't trust Quisoves either.

Note to self: Remind the Pyro THAT THEY REALLY NEED TO KILL SEABORGIUM BECAUSE NOW HE'S FLAT-OUT IGNORING THAT THE HOST CONFIRMED I AM NOT KING

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

That's cool

Just know that I was the only obstacle between the King and your corpse, that's all

^ Actual quote from Voltex, after I repeatedly accused him of being King

There's an entire circle of King supporters and Voltex is one of them.

@QP: I investigated Chro how can I be King. Also, now they want both of us dead. Excellent job. 

Edited by KITTENS FOR FISTS

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

Note to self: Don't ever, ever PM Quisoves about Mafia.

I usually keep the details of my PMs private, but Pulse piqued my suspicion, and Burnmad has been confirmed innocent.

That's cool

Just know that I was the only obstacle between the King and your corpse, that's all

^ Actual quote from Voltex, after I repeatedly accused him of being King

There's an entire circle of King supporters and Voltex is one of them.

@QP: I investigated Chro how can I be King. Also, now they want both of us dead. Excellent job. 

I know that you're not the King. But let's not forget about the Prince.

gZsNWyr.png

I'm not the Prince.

I wouldn't have accused you if I was, that's not how I roll. 

Never, ever trust Voltex. 

Trust Chro. Chro is the innocent one with no cryptic stuff. Chro's the one to trust in all this.

Edited by KITTENS FOR FISTS

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

For the likes of Seaborgium and Pulse, I am not the King. Ehks has confirmed it himself. 

I will also deny what Pulse has said. I have never stated that I support the King - I may have implied it, but... well, when someone PMs you accusing you of being the King, you want to find out why.

Yes, and you also don't tell the person accusing you you're the one thing stopping them from being killed, which pretty much outright states you're allied with the King. 

Not necessarily. I will often impose terms and conditions on alliances if they're being made after the game has begun. In this case, I wanted certain players left alive before I would even consider it.

Alrighty, as the confirmed innocent, who has also voted for both of the first two Pyros, I nominate myself to lead this one, and subsequently ratify this nomination.

Hmm...

Seaborgium.

Quisoves.

Pulse.

Which to get rid of first? I'm thinking Seaborgium, so I vote him. Consider my ignoring the offenses of the other two to be a gesture of goodwill. =)

Anyone who doesn't follow my lead is shady. This was also determined by my self-nomination and ratification.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

*Snaps fingers*

• Upvote 1

I'm not the Prince.

I wouldn't have accused you if I was, that's not how I roll.

If you were the Prince, you would try to behave as if you weren't, without risking outright blowing your cover (e.g. inviting someone to investigate you.)

Why did you lie about Burnmad (and for that matter, how much of what you said about him was a lie)?

gZsNWyr.png

You've all but admitted to me that you're working with the King, Voltex. :lol:

I vote Voltex.

Uh... lightning -> volt -> Voltex?

That's like the infamous eye and eyebrow-related hints for me from days that should have never existed.

*shudder*

Those days were horrible ;__;

I mean seriously though when my name is "ibrow" you gotta come up with something other than "the killer raised their EYEBROW" as a hint...

• Upvote 1

Hmmmmmm... I do rather want Seaborgium to be deadified....

I must admit, it is tempting. So very tempting.

And yet twice now he has switched away from me... I wonder if I should perhaps continue to have mercy as well... but that would set a precedent where I did not follow through on my vengeance...

I must go meditate upon this further.