Bionicle Mafia XX: Hail the Mad King

Ehksidian

I'm closing voting a bit early.
Considering how much of a majority it is...
---

DAY ONE: Panic

The observer watched as the Villagers deliberated on who to kill. They had no idea who to vote for, hastily voting for multiple villagers. The observer tsk’d at the Matoran. It was quite sad, truly. Did they not know? Had they not seen Tyler exit his home to burn down the house? The observer assumed not. He met eyes with the King, who was somewhat in his right mind. He had forgotten about the parcels, but...he could speak.
“Tyler burnt the home down.”
The Village looked stunned. The King made such a bold decree? It only made sense. He was the King. He knew all...emphasis on “knew”. The King spoke once more.
“Tyler Durden was the one who killed Manducus.”
Tyler backed up. A circle of people had formed around him, and they all stared. The King decreed it was him who had burnt the home down. And no one dare disagree with the King.
“Have you made your choice, Village?”
They all nodded...even Tyler. Murmurs went through the crowd, praying that it wasn’t him, a few mentioning other names. But, it was decided. Tyler was the one responsible for Manducus’ death. He stood, and made eye contact with the King.
“I only did what I was told to do, Your lordship.” Tyler scowled at the King, and opened his arms.
“Well? What are you going to do?!”
The observer stood, and smiled.
“Ehksecute you, of course.”
The observer brought a staff out from seemingly nowhere. It was jet-black, and perfectly cylindrical. His smile persisted, and he approached Tyler.
“No one disobeys the King! Oh, how quaint!”
The observer brought the rod over his head, smiling manically. With a yell, he brought it down, full-force on Tyler’s head. He was knocked unconscious by the impact.
“Do with him as you will. String his body up. He’s still alive, though I do not recommend keeping him that way. A blow to the head like that will make him madder than your king!”
The observer walked off. The village looked at the unconscious form of Tyler. What would they do?The answer came when the King stood up from his mobile throne, and promptly bashed Tyler’s head in. It was not pretty.  The Villagers winced. And, from his body, the found something. Burn marks. Matches.
He was the one who burned the house down after all.
Tyler Durden (Night One Pyro), Lynched.
The sun began to set. It had taken a whole day to decide who to kill. The Villagers were panicking now. Was Tyler right? Did the King tell him to burn down the homes? The returned to their houses, frightened...
ALL NIGHT ROLES SEND IN YOUR PMs

Edited by Monado Boy
  • Upvote 8

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Wow, I'm glad I changed my vote now. 

We're off to a good start, and now that I've said that, GUESS WHAT HAPPENS! :D Hint: it involves getting every subsequent lynching horribly wrong.

Edited by KITTENS FOR FISTS
  • Upvote 4

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

Well, for once our vengeance payed off.

How is it that the Village always succeeds by dumb luck? Given that I am a Villager this game, this doesn't bode well for my careful deductions. :P

I wouldn't say that it was dumb luck this time. We actually examined our options and clues closely and effectively. It would've been dumb luck if the Pyro had been Otter, or yourself for that matter.

i figured killing manducus was random enough that everyone would think it wasn't someone who knew manducus is rarely a threat, so i'm not upset

-Tyler

That's reasonable.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Someone else imply the hint was fire-based and pointed towards me.

I dare you.

*Snaps fingers*

the hint was fire-based and pointed towards you

Voltex, he said imply, not state outright. This is why we can't have nice things.

i implied it by stating it outright

• Upvote 1

Someone else imply the hint was fire-based and pointed towards me.

I dare you.

*Snaps fingers*

the hint was fire-based and pointed towards you

Voltex, he said imply, not state outright. This is why we can't have nice things.

i implied it by stating it outright

Fair enough.

bBhcfWO.png

Well, we probably lynched the guy who killed me.

Considering there is only one Pyro on the first night, yes

You did.

Congrats.

Now time to get back at Tyler for the dishonor he had done me.

H2iLDxi.png

Didn't...isn't he kinda dead already?

• Upvote 11

1Ydp0mg.jpg

NIGHT TWO: Uncertainty

The night was young. The observer sat and watched as lights flickered around the village, three of them. One just after the Matoran had returned home, one at the strike of midnight, one just before dawn. The King was efficient with delivering the parcels. Incredibly so.

---

Quisoves had a long, long day. After all, he just watched someone get their head smashed in by his own nutty ruler. He was long desensitized to death though. After all, he was one of the few survivors here. He sighed, opened his door, and stepped into the room. Not a second after the door closed, a zap was heard just outside the door. Quisoves opened the door, and poked his head out.

A parcel.

A sweet-smelling one, one that smelled like the needle Taka jabbed him with.

Quisoves opened the box hesitantly, to find the same needle, and a note stating to protect someone. Well...the King obviously didn’t want someone to perish. But who? Quisoves thought for a moment, and snapped his fingers. Ah, yes, Valendale! That is as good a decision as any, without any idea who the so-called ‘madman’ might target.

A quick walk, and Quisoves was knocking on the door to Valendale’s home. The Ko-Matoran stepped out, and glanced at Quisoves.

“Yes?”

“The King told me to protect someone. He’s insane, but...well, considering what happened last night, I cannot be so sure that the same might not happen to you.”

“Okay. I can’t argue with that.”

“Really?”

“Yes. Take me to your home, we will keep watch for fire.”

Quisoves nodded, and the two headed back to Quisoves’ residence. Not even a lick of flame touched the house.

---

A Matoran was awoken from their slumber to the sound of zapping at the doorstep. They groggily stood up, and opened the door. A blackened, burnt box. It smelled faintly of ashes. The Matoran slid the lid off, and found...matches.

Fluid.

A note. “Burn down two houses.”

The Matoran gulped. He dare not disobey the king...death would be worse that way. Under the cover of night, keeping from the lampposts on the street, the Matoran found their way to Xaeraz’s and Voltex’s homes. Some fluid was splashed, and matches lit and thrown. The houses began to burn, and before they could even see which home was consumed, they dashed off into the night.

Hopefully retribution would not come.

---

Pulse heard zapping outside his door. His home was still standing, great. He opened his mostly-charred door, to find a box. A simple one, plain. Pulse opened the box, and found a magnifying glass, and two notes. One, saying to find the murderer. The other...a decree to tell the truth.

Pulse picked up the decree, and ran to Chro’s home. Chro was known as “Chro of the Flaming Arm” by his compatriots, so he must be the one behind the attacks!

Pulse knocked on Chro’s door, and Chro opened the door. After interrogation and the showing of the decree, nothing came up. Chro was innocent. Pulse sighed, dejected. He walked back to his home, before he caught scent of smoke. He looked around, and saw a pillar of the inky substance billowing into the sky. He rushed over, only to find Xaeraz’s house in ruins, his body caught beneath a beam and the strange person from yesterday.

“Cause of death, broken spine. Oh, oh the irony...”

“Who are y-“

“An observer. Cease with the questions.” The observer snapped his fingers, and the King’s truth decree crumbled to pieces. “I have a feeling I will have to do this each day...oh well. It seems Xaeraz perished. A shame. You’d better go find the killer, Pulse, before they get away.”

The observer chuckled, smiling.

“...Are you the one resp-“

“I am a simple observer. I cannot interfere with how you all die. Now, get the King, and vote.”

Pulse nodded, and ran off to fetch the village.

VOTING ENDS AT 4:30 PM EST ON DECEMBER 21ST. CURRENT TIME IS 4:35.

• Upvote 7

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Shamelessly ripping off iBrow's idea, format, and previous lists:

CONFIRMED NOT KING

Chro

Pulse

Quisoves

Seaborgium

Taka Nuvia

Toa Chuck

CONFIRMED NOT PRINCE

Chro

Seaborgium

CONFIRMED NOT PYRO

Chro

iBrow

Quisoves

Pulse

At this rate, we should be able to lynch the King by night 6 or 7. *Fist pump*

*Snaps fingers*

Edited by Colonel Roy Mustang
  • Upvote 5

I'm so glad I don't have to defend myself from accusations two rounds in a row by practically being confirmed innocent. Anyway, my reasoning for investigating Chro is that he is kind of like a fiery enigma who doesn't emit light, but instead repels any suspicion towards him. When he's an enemy, he seems to live until late. When he isn't, he's confirmed innocent/killed very early. Could've got with Voltex or QP, but QP seemed too obvious to me and I don't know if Voltex would take kindly to being investigated. Almost went with Xaeraz, too. Decided not to. Also thought about Burnmad, but Burnmad is waaay too obvious to be a Pyro or King, which is why he is neither and will never be a pyro. 

So... I'm pretty sure it's not Burnmad, because you know, too obvious. Let's stop there before we get trapped in the circular mafia logic of "It's not that guy because he's too obvious which is exactly why it is him which is exactly why it isn't him which is exactly why it is him...".

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

SUSPECTS FOR THE ARSON OF XAERAZ'S HOME

Burnmad-2

yes guys lets vote for the guy who is named burn because a role is fire themed brilliant plan

it's not like i would actually put slightly more effort in making my hints obvious or anything to prevent this.

• Upvote 2

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Hey, just so you know, the King is mad and Burn is mad and both scenes have used the word madman.

He also just admitted that he would've killed me so I kinda want him dead to prevent that from happening.

That said, I doubt he's guilty. Even if he is, I don't think there's much evidence yet. I'll get to work with the examination of the scene... but first I must ask, Ehks, are the clues always going to be in the same style as they were in the first round?

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Hey, just so you know, the King is mad and Burn is mad and both scenes have used the word madman.

He also just admitted that he would've killed me so I kinda want him dead to prevent that from happening.

That said, I doubt he's guilty. Even if he is, I don't think there's much evidence yet. I'll get to work with the examination of the scene... but first I must ask, Ehks, are the clues always going to be in the same style as they were in the first round?

Yes, in fact, they will.

All clues will be in the way the fire is started, how the Pyro reacts, and how I describe all of it. I've also sewn hints for who the King is, too.

Actually, important question. Can I throw out an accusation or do I have to PM it to someone who can present it as their own?

I will say that yes, dead can throw out accusations and such, but I don't want to see all the dead people going "I know x is y because z" since

you know

i reveal any investigations during the day.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Chro: Assuming they are, this scene's hint would seem to be referring to darkness. That gives us 5 primary suspects: Gengar, Shadow_Ignited, Luroka, Voxumo, and, finally, Shadowhawk.

Now, of these, who do you think is most likely to kill iBrow?

Considering the answer to that, and also the fact that I'm allied to Luroka and don't feel like lynching poor Vox for a shadow hint, AGAIN... I vote Shadowhawk.

*Snaps fingers*

Chro: Assuming they are, this scene's hint would seem to be referring to darkness. That gives us 5 primary suspects: Gengar, Shadow_Ignited, Luroka, Voxumo, and, finally, Shadowhawk.

Now, of these, who do you think is most likely to kill iBrow?

Considering the answer to that, and also the fact that I'm allied to Luroka and don't feel like lynching poor Vox for a shadow hint, AGAIN... I vote Shadowhawk.

*Snaps fingers*

If we're going down that route... well, Luroka and I are currently allied, although we have both admitted that we would betray each other at the soonest possible moment in the past. It's possible that it still stands, especially since I just went two Hitman games in a row killing him. 

I don't think Voxumo would try to kill me - he tends to focus on other players, and I usually do the same. I'm not exactly sure when it started, I just know that neither of us has really ever tried to kill the other (outside of maybe Southern Retribution, I think, where it was just insanity everywhere).

Shadowhawk went on that "kill Voltex" streak earlier this year, but our rivalry has since died off. Whether that really indicates that he would feel it safe to target me is another question entirely.

Shadow_Ignited and Gengar, I think, are the two on that list most likely to target me at this point in time. Although Xaeraz might have a point... I will freely admit that Blade and Portalfig are the only two players that have consistently proven themselves able to deceive me, and both have managed to outsmart me several times as a result. I am not allied to Portalfig...

I shall have to think on this further.

E: TL;DR - I advise not voting Luroka, Voxumo, or Shadowhawk at this point in time.

Edited by CHRIS PRATT

I vote Luroka, because of the connection to shadow and because I think they're the most likely to kill iBrow early.

~Unit#phntk#1

6rf9xy3.gif

In all seriousness. I vowed to only betray my mutual frienemy Voltex when it benefits me. I can't just stab his back all the time or they'll all expect it.

bBhcfWO.png