Patient Counseling - OOC Topic

IcarusBen

Name: Ghost Buster

Element: Plasma

Patient or Staff: Patient

General or Solitary: General

Kanohi: Kualsi

Personality: Buster

Appearance: Tall, muscular, gloriously handsome with a vacuum cleaner tattoo over his light blue heartlight in orange ink. 

Inventory: Compass that always points north, if you know what he means (no but really he has a compass)

-Tyler

• Upvote 2

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Tyler, I'm putting forward a motion to unapprove your character for;

-having the personality "Buster" without explaining what that means.

-having a gender that can't even be described as "non-binary" because "ghost" is not a gender in-and-of-itself. 

-having a tattoo of a piece of machinery that may or may not exist in the MU, depending on the ruling.

Please refrain from interacting with other characters until then.

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

I'm ruling that vacuum cleaners, while not called as such and rare, do exist. However, Ghost Buster's name, delightfully punny as it is, would preferably be changed. His personality should also be expanded upon.

To all of our players, is "ghost" a gender or should Tyler add "thinks s/he's a ghost" to Buster's personality and choose another gender?

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

76561198041367047.png

Really? Don't ghosts have gender identities, too? We always call Casper a "he," is that just because we don't know what he is and don't want to call him an "it?"

ultimately pronouns and gender identities, while convenient when lumped together, can be mutually exclusive; identification is totally subjective

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

Well I for one think there might be a problem when you have a character approved, and then decide to unapprove it right after. 

I brought up the issue to Ghidora shortly afterwards and he changed his position from "approved" to "unapproved."

It is my official position that "Ghost" is not a gender. If Ghost Buster (seriously, that name needs to go) doesn't identify with a gender, then you can put that. If he identifies as a male or a female, you can put that down.

Still, this has led me to believe there should be seperate fields for biological gender and sociological gender. I'll have to discuss it with Ghidora.

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

76561198041367047.png

Well I for one think there might be a problem when you have a character approved, and then decide to unapprove it right after. 

I think that's Ghidora's fault for not consulting with his Co-GM before approving it. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Still, this has led me to believe there should be seperate fields for biological gender and sociological gender. I'll have to discuss it with Ghidora.

No such thing as biological gender. You're thinking of sex (and even that isn't neatly compartmentalized into male/female/undecided).

Source.

• Upvote 1

Please, before one of the staff decides this as a flame war:

Keep it realistic. I don't want this to escalate to the point where someone comes up with a character whose gender is "wooden shed" or "cow".

As of now, Ghost buster is unapproved. If you change him and re-submit him for approval, please address that you did.

EDIT: Tyler, Ghost Buster is stated as a he in the tattoo description, is this true?

Edited by Ghidora131

honestly, if we're all crazy,what dies it matter whatidentify as? so long as we also give biological sex?

If there was one thing I could change about my player base, it's this. The original plan was that the Toa were being wrongly interred inside the asylum (if you'll note, any Toa that became a Toa after the toxin dissipated aren't affected) but now everyone's playing a crazy. I guess it's our fault for putting it in an asylum, but still...

The reason it matters is because even the craziest of the crazy still tend to have a basic grasp of gender identity. I've never, ever, ever heard of anyone identifying as "ghost" or "spectre" or "phantom" or anything like that. Unless your character has absolutely no grasp of reality, then in that case, provide your biological sex.

From now on, if your character identifies as something else, put the biological gender (as in sex) in the Gender part and write what he/she/it identifies as in the Personality section. However, please don't put something like "gender identity is ghost." Your character can identify as a ghost, but that's not a gender identity.

Also, Ghidora, I was thinking we should have to agree on profile approvals. What do you say?

Edited by IcarusBen

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

76561198041367047.png

Please, before one of the staff decides this as a flame war:

Keep it realistic. I don't want this to escalate to the point where someone comes up with a character whose gender is "wooden shed" or "cow".

As of now, Ghost buster is unapproved. If you change him and re-submit him for approval, please address that you did.

EDIT: Tyler, Ghost Buster is stated as a he in the tattoo description, is this true?

ultimately pronouns and gender identities, while convenient when lumped together, can be mutually exclusive; identification is totally subjective

-Tyler

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

If there was one thing I could change about my player base, it's this. The original plan was that the Toa were being wrongly interred inside the asylum (if you'll note, any Toa that became a Toa after the toxin dissipated aren't affected) but now everyone's playing a crazy. I guess it's our fault for putting it in an asylum, but still...

To my defence, neither of my characters are/were insane. Caetus was a complete jerk, but he wasn't insane. And Scriva was traumatised by nearly being burned to death, and while she's very sheltered and withdrawn, but she isn't actually insane either.

Edited by Roman Torchwick

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Sal was stated to have complete mental functionality even though she is extremely quick to anger and enjoys setting things on fire.

Which reminds me, I need to start posting as her.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

so since you asked the players, and they all agree it's not doing any harm as a gender identity, and since the players made sure you got the difference between sex and gender sorted out, you're right back to where you started - that you've never heard of anyone identifying as a ghost, so therefore staff ruling no toa (a different species, might i add) can't identify as a ghost if they so please? i expected more from a guy who manipulates loopholes so shamelessly in the bzprpg

ded buster

ded game

seeya

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

Other RPGs and personal opinions may falter different, Tyler, but you can't walk in and set up your own mini set of rules or change the old ones. I'm sorry if this is the way you're used to playing RPGs, but by joining and submitting your character, you have now agreed to play by the rules. I'm much less likely than most to bail someone for disobeying the rules, so a handful of gentle reminders always comes first, instead of just blowing half a character's body off so they get the hint.

And this is a survival/horror game, not an OOC topic for gender differences. It's a complex and morbid tale where many perish, and if your character dies, you can make as many as you want at any given time. Heck, you can even have twenty characters here at once if you want.

So, to finalize my point: The RPGs are here to have fun with people, build characters, play a storyline, and kill opponents. So let's try and keep it that way.

;)

that you've never heard of anyone identifying as a ghost, so therefore staff ruling no toa (a different species, might i add) can't identify as a ghost if they so please? 

Your character can identify as a ghost, but that's not a gender identity.

I also meant I had never heard of anyone choosing "ghost" as their gender identity. I've heard of people who genuinely thought they were ghosts and identified as such, but never anyone who identified with "ghost" as their gender identity.

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

76561198041367047.png

Name: Navuru

Element: Sonics

Patient or Staff: Patient

General or Solitary: Solitary

Kanohi: Arthron

Personality: Much like a bat, Navuru is always watching, listening, waiting. Now imagine that bat is crazy, has an extreme prejudice towards his own kind and plans to destroy their culture and civilization, and you'll get the same thing as the acute-hearing lunatic.

Appearance: In a word: Demonic. Between his piercing hate-filled orange eyes, sickly grey colour and claw-like hands and feet, he seems more of a Rahi than a Toa.

Inventory: A small hollow stone-carving of a Mahi, designed to be a Widget container, although the Widgets have been removed.

Other RPGs and personal opinions may falter different, Tyler, but you can't walk in and set up your own mini set of rules or change the old ones. I'm sorry if this is the way you're used to playing RPGs, but by joining and submitting your character, you have now agreed to play by the rules.

except that wasn't what i did? i came up with a profile that totally fit inside the confines of the rules in your RPG, albeit with some non-binary and unique tendencies and you approved it. none of this was an issue until ben started questioning the gender of the character, and even after he asked the player base and most of them came down on my side you're somehow saying i was twisting the rules the whole time??? 

i've played by every rule you set, from start to finish. buster isn't OP, he doesn't have some gamebreaking backstory, he's just a guy who thinks he's a ghost in a toa's body, in an asylum where something like that would be totally unfrowned upon. i'm not sure who you're trying to paint the perception of me as some privileged RPer who makes up his own rules for, because i've been the one totally open to compromise the whole time

-Tyler

Edited by tylerlicious definicious

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

Well, you could have said that in the character description instead of waiting all this time before stating any backstory whatsoever. And even though player base may play the game, they don't make the rules. And this is exactly why I required his assistance in this in the first place. While I hold the responsibility of everything that occurs and keep the story together, Icarus has been doing a wonderful job of nailing down loose ends and everything else I repeatedly miss.

No, ghost is and cannot be a gender. End of conversation.

If you wish to further debate whether or not ghost is a gender, please take it up to the BZPRPG discussion topic where things like that are supposed to be.

If Ghost Buster wishes to come back, or you have other characters in mind, I'm completely open to new arrivals, and I'm fine with you developing and/or revealing backstory mid-game. But if involves how the character got their gender, then that's another story.

Sorry for the delay Toru Nui, Navuru approved!

None of mine are. Velaz is hyperactive, possible ADHD or something, but not crazy. Delax is just depressed.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

Wow. Apparently, I cannot read. I keep reading all these characters as rather crazy. I asked for something, I got it, I kept asking for it when I already had it.

And to Tyler, we never complained about Buster being OP, we complained about his gender being, well, not a gender. Ghidora and I have been approving characters without the other's consent, and that might've been a mistake. Now, we've fixed that issue, and will begin to talk everything over with each other before approving. We're building this RPG as we go. 

Plus, who would've expected a character with the gender "ghost?" It's not something you'd heap into a ruleset unless it absolutely needed to be there.

I'll talk it over with Ghidora about changing the rules to change "gender" to "sex."

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

76561198041367047.png