Bionifight Infinite Discussion

Voltex

OOC: I would argue about the physics of that situation, but I'm way too tired.

What's there to argue? 

A single shot from a force cannon isn't going to be enough to send a large chunk of stone flung by a Pakari user spinning end over end off course. At best, it would've blown it into pieces. But due to the relative size of the object, and the speed it was travelling at, some of those pieces would've continued on towards the target. 

Said peices would be blown off to teh sides.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

IC(Ismekne): The Toa would not have been walking that close to the machine as to get hit by the contagion cloud. As it was, it was even more of a reason to give the creature a wide berth. She vaulted over a bed and blasted more water at the virus, getting ready to roll said bed straight at the robot. 

Okay, I will admit I wasn't paying complete attention to every post of the Snese/Ismekne interaction before Hive arrived, but I really thought we were in a hallway. Where did the beds come from?

If I'm incorrect about this, feel free to correct me. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC(Ismekne): The Toa would not have been walking that close to the machine as to get hit by the contagion cloud. As it was, it was even more of a reason to give the creature a wide berth. She vaulted over a bed and blasted more water at the virus, getting ready to roll said bed straight at the robot. 

Okay, I will admit I wasn't paying complete attention to every post of the Snese/Ismekne interaction before Hive arrived, but I really thought we were in a hallway. Where did the beds come from?

If I'm incorrect about this, feel free to correct me. 

IC: Snese - Containment Center

He grinned at Ismekne as she passed into the room. The virus was taking its toll. A few more doses like that, and the lying Toa would be the next one on his "treatment" slab.

Speaking of which, the room they had just entered was one of the many patient rooms, beds full to bursting with... unfortunate patients. "This, of course, is where we treat those that have fallen ill or run into other sad circumstances," Such as winning the Sota Games. "Don't be shy, come in, come in. Let me show you some of my favorites."

One hand attempted to stealthily lock the door, but he was utterly transparent. Hah. Hah.

He merrily drifted through corridors lined with rooms and patients. Perhaps if Ismekne listened closely, she might even hear him humming to himself, a disgusting, rattling sound with his Skakdi teeth. At last, they came to a final door. Snese didn't even knock before slipping inside the dark room. "Come in, come in! This is where she stays when she's around."

These quotes seem to indicate that we're in a vast area with lots of patients. In any case, the last Snese IC says that there are patients lining the corridor, which is where Is got the bed. 

Ah, okay.

Wait, no, not okay. I just reread that last quote:

IC: Snese - Containment Center

He merrily drifted through corridors lined with rooms and patients. Perhaps if Ismekne listened closely, she might even hear him humming to himself, a disgusting, rattling sound with his Skakdi teeth. At last, they came to a final door. Snese didn't even knock before slipping inside the dark room. "Come in, come in! This is where she stays when she's around."

It clearly says we're in a corridor.

Edited by Locus

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Ah, okay.

Wait, no, not okay. I just reread that last quote:

IC: Snese - Containment Center

It clearly says we're in a corridor.

Yeah, but it says that the corridors are lined with "rooms and patients". So I'm taking it as a corridor for my next IC. Are we good?

(Doesn't matter anyway, since Snese attacked Is and she had to move.)

Edited by fishers64

Yeah, but it says that the corridors are lined with "rooms and patients". So I'm taking it as a corridor for my next IC. Are we good?

(Doesn't matter anyway, since Snese attacked Is and she had to move.)

It means the rooms connected to the corridor have patients in them, not that there are patients just sitting abandoned in the corridor. 

And it does matter, because since we are indeed in a corridor, this entire post is pretty much impossible:

There's no way she can give Hive a "wide berth" and still continue moving past him without going through the cloud. 

I might also add that it's really not cool to continue posting in a fight when an OOC discussion debating details of that fight is taking place. It makes a huge mess of posts that wind up having to be retconned/edited. 

Edited by Locus

Sigh. Well now we're into an entire maze of problems, since Ismekne would be blasting the water at the Hive to keep the virus from getting her and Snese thought the blast was directed at him. 

The other problem is that Ismekne is not A.D. - she's a proficient fighter. So how about this instead of that post you're fighting with:

IC(Ismekne): The Ga-Toa saw the billowing virus cloud and backed up the corridor, blasting water at the cloud to try to clear it. Then she turned and swung her warhammer, punching a hole in an adjacent wall.  

IC: Hive - Containment Centre. 

As the Toa tried to go around him, he fired off his launcher at the ground, enveloping the area around him in a cloud of contagion. 

The whole intent of this post was that the shot was fired right as Ismekne was moving past him, meaning the cloud would be forming around her, not in front of her. 

It was meant to be an attack she wouldn't expect or see coming, so that she wouldn't have a chance to react. 

Actually, Snese is now right next to Hive:

"Ah, yes, hello Hive!" Snese greeted his fellow cultist cheerfully as he teleported next to him...

So one problem solved.

You really can't autohit, even in a hallway. I suppose it would be more reasonable to have Ismekne experience some viral effects as she goes past the robot. How about this: 

IC(Ismekne): The Toa might have expected some resistance from the machine as she walked past him, so when hie fired a projectile at her, the Toa rolled out of the way, past the machine. But she wasn't quiet prepared for the virus cloud, and no amount of movement could fully get her away. She had to blink off a wave of sleepiness and nausea as she staggered to her feet. Time to end this. Got to get out of here. 

You really can't autohit, even in a hallway. I suppose it would be more reasonable to have Ismekne experience some viral effects as she goes past the robot. How about this: 

It isn't an autohit. It's a sneak attack launched at near-point-blank range using an inhumane chemical weapon.

So how about instead of continuing to come up with different variations of "my character is an expert on everything, so she wouldn't fall for something like that," maybe you should consider playing fairly, and taking the hit that your character had no reasonable way of seeing coming. 

IC(Ismekne): The Toa might have expected some resistance from the machine as she walked past him, so when hie fired a projectile at her, the Toa rolled out of the way, past the machine. But she wasn't quiet prepared for the virus cloud, and no amount of movement could fully get her away. She had to blink off a wave of sleepiness and nausea as she staggered to her feet. Time to end this. Got to get out of here. 

Again, he didn't fire anything at her. He fired the grenade into the ground at their feet as she was moving past him. 

And if you'd bothered to read Hive's profile, you'd know that his pathogen doesn't cause sleepiness or nausea.

The pathogen the grenades use is a nasty concoction of Hive’s own creation, which triggers moderate inflammation and swelling in the victim. The effect is gradual, and starts in the throat – causing shortness of breath – before spreading to the skin, making movement somewhat painful and awkward. The higher the level of exposure, the worse the effect is. 

And considering that she would've been caught right in the middle of the blast, she would likely have breathed in a pretty big dose of the pathogen. 

Edited by Locus

The problem is, if we were in a corridor that narrow, there's no way Ismekne would be trying to pass Hive to begin with. This character is proficient in combat analytics. She wouldn't be making such a rookie mistake. She'd bust her way through the wall instead. 

And she would see some things coming. That's a grenade launcher, and you really think that Toa is going to take her eyes off her enemy as she passes him? That's not realistic. She would see it coming. 

Edited by fishers64

The problem is, if we were in a corridor that narrow, there's no way Ismekne would be trying to pass Hive to begin with. This character is proficient in combat analytics. She wouldn't be making such a rookie mistake. 

This is exactly the sort of rubbish I'm talking about. You can say whatever you want about your character OOC, but if their actions don't reflect it IC, then it's just empty words.

Regardless of what you say, she did just make that mistake - and now you have to play fairly and accept the consequences of that. 

The other two are under no obligation to go and retcon a large number of posts just to accomodate your mistake, Fishers. Just accept it gracefully and move on.

Riooootttt

Also, I heard Halken needed some SWORDS

Also kinda yes

Ilyin and Halken are going to be making a couple swords, and Ilyin'll make a shield too

if Lang wants to help with that he can

Edited by Grochi of Potoos

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

The other two are under no obligation to go and retcon a large number of posts just to accomodate your mistake, Fishers. Just accept it gracefully and move on.

I'm thinking about how to accommodate them without breaking character. I'm thinking about that, and I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't gang up on me while I think.  

I'm not ganging up on you. I'm stating the facts.

You made a mistake. Click and Nato rightly called you out on it. They have no reason at all to go back and retcon their posts along with yours to accomodate your mistake, because that is distinctly unfair to them to have to treat you with such deference.

Graciously accept your defeat and move on. There'll be other fights with other characters.

profiles i guess

I'm thinking about how to accommodate them without breaking character.

Nothing in Ismekne's profile says she is perfect and wins every fight she's ever gotten herself into.

Her making a mistake is not breaking character because - Guess what? - Everyone makes mistakes. 

Changes have been made.

EDIT: Nearly every single one of my character interactions with your characters ends this way, Locus, and I'm really tired of it. 

Next time, I will ignore your petty discussion posts and keep RPing. You can't always make your characters win either, and it's about time you stop acting like this every time one of my characters doesn't take a hit every time one of your characters attacks. 

Edited by fishers64

Slight addition to The Puppetmaster's profile based on recent IC events - change has been underlined. 

Name: The Puppetmaster. 

Species: Great Being.

Power/Weapon 1: Psionics: he is exceptionally skilled in the use of telepathy, illusion and telekinesis, but cannot directly control or attack minds.

Power/Weapon 2: Hardlight rifle: a lightweight, bolt-action weapon that absorbs light from nearby and fires it as a fast-moving hardlight projectile. The weapon can also generate a hardlight bayonet for use in melee combat.

Power/Weapon 3: Ash Transmutation: he can transform body at will into a cloud of ash, which he can then control the flow and direction of using his telekinesis. This power also affects anything in contact with his body (weapons, armour, etc.), but not other beings who may be in contact with him at the time. 

Power/Weapon 4: Hidden Blade: originally taken from a slain cultist, he has modified this weapon to be less… self-harming. Integrated into the gauntlet of his left hand, the blade springs out when he clenches his fist and presses down on a button built into the palm. This causes the blade to spring out from a section of the gauntlet near his wrist, extending to about a foot in length.

Appearance: With a similar build and height to a simple Glatorian, The Puppetmaster is covered in smooth, black armour. Due to a previous experiment gone wrong, his skin has taken on the appearance of translucent, electric-blue crystal, through which his bones and internal organs can be seen.  

Bio: In his world, every plan to stop the core war and save Spherus Magna failed dismally, accelerating the countdown to the planet’s destruction. In the end, the shattering occurred before the Great Spirit Robot could be completed. When the planet burned, those Great Beings who didn’t perish or go into hiding became gods in the eyes of the surviving inhabitants.

100,000 years passed, the date Mata Nui was supposed to repair the planet came and went, and a new god emerged from self-induced cryogenic hibernation. He entered into a world without hope, torn by strife, and upon seeing the chaos that the works of he and his fellow Great Beings had wrought, something broke inside him.

He set off on a mission to end the new war through whatever means necessary, and sought out the Baterra, which had been shut down and stored away in an underground bunker. He succeeded in fighting his way through the Vorox inhabiting the place and activating the Baterra, but instead of obeying him as he’d reprogrammed them to do, they reverted back to their original function: attack anything with a weapon.

Badly injured in the chaos that followed, he awoke inside the Bionifight Facility. Having been in the audience for many previous tournaments in his youth, he knew full well what to expect, and what would be expected of him.

Personality/Other: His mind twisted by the destruction of Spherus Magna, The Puppetmaster’s original purpose in life - to create and nurture – has been replaced by a drive to control other beings and their creations – and destroy what he can’t control.

In spite of this, he isn’t cruel or callous; nor does he torture his victims – at least not physically. His favourite strategy is to observe his victim’s minds, tricking them into revealing their greatest weaknesses, then using illusions to exploit them. Because he has lost everyone he ever knew and loved, he tries to break his enemies’ wills by making them feel the same.

If approved, I'll edit the new version in over the original profile, and write out him creating the weapon IC. 

Fishers, the problem is that Nato is trying to keep things realistic and making sense. I've noticed that in just about every interaction you've had with him. You make mistakes, and then when you don't actually react to your mistakes or anything like that, when you don't act realistic, he comes in to try and maintain the realism these RPGs are supposed to have. All the issues with A.D. and Xara? Now these? You're playing it like it's still G&T, that's what it looks like to me. Ignoring realism in favour of rule of cool, or just going for the "I want to win" mentality, or things like that. Or you just make mistakes and don't acknowledge them properly.

Other than that, calling him out, saying his posts here in the discussion are petty when he's trying to maintain realistic play and a level of fun? Claiming he's just trying to win over you all the time, basically, and complaining about your interactions with him ending like this a lot? He's not the petty one. That's one of the more childish and petty things I've seen come out of somebody in a discussion topic for an RP in a long while.

Just take a step back. Breathe. Relax. Learn to admit when you've made a mistake and go with it, rather than fighting against it every time you do, which is what you've been doing. And try not to malign the character of the person you're supposed to be having fun with just because they won't bend to you, because really, that is quite rude.

• Upvote 5

profiles i guess

He's been the only person who has taken issue in this manner, Grochi. iBrow has too, but it is his RPG, so he has the luxury of doing whatever. 

The problem is, I take pains to ensure realism and think things through. Locus then comes in and claims that my posts aren't realistic because they don't fit his perspective of what's going on which just so happen to benefit his character. Instead of compromising, he persists in shoving his viewpoint down my throat at my expense. This is the third time one of my characters has died because of one of the viewpoint controversies, and this time it will be permanent. 

This can't go on. 

Edited by fishers64

From how I've been viewing things, the viewpoint that Nato takes is the one that makes the most sense, really, because he does often try to describe things rather well in his posts. Now, everybody will misinterpret things from time to time, but I see Nato going to great pains to prevent that, and I don't quite see so much from you.

Regardless, this is getting to be a pointless discussion by now because it's obvious neither of us disagree.

Can I just recommend that - and I'm sure we all know how loth I am to heap more on these people's plates - that you take these things to the staff, next time, if you disagree on a certain aspect of the setting or something else? It's a far better prospect than these arguments here in the Discussion topic continuing, and infinitely better than the idea of the two of you arguing over PM with each other. I know how nasty things can get between players when they're talking privately, rather than public in the discussion topics.

And with that suggestion given, I'm going to say we'd best conclude this thread of discussion.

• Upvote 6

profiles i guess

There wasn't a mention of a hallway in any of his IC posts in this case. The only description of setting was in Snese's posts - and we interpreted them two different ways. 

Then everyone took Nato's side and ganged up on me. I don't appreciate my attempts at compromise being undermined. And we've got to have that. Otherwise this RPG is not fair for anyone except Nato. 

Edited by fishers64

It's not that people are ganging up on you fishers. I've been on your end of the argument before and I know how you feel. One of my characters died because he pointed out a mistake that I made myself. (Although honestly i could've prevented it, but I was mad.) Before I used to think Nato picked on me too, but Nato is usually never wrong when he points out a mistake.

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

We've got one rather big guy, one average sized girl, and one other guy of indeterminate size in a hallway that is probably relatively close to a hospital's hallways. And the comment about the corridor being lined with rooms and patients would most normally be taken to mean rooms that had patients in them, "rooms and patients" being a collective rather than two plural singulars.

Can you see why he might have interpreted things the way he did, and why that might make the most sense? It's one thing to compromise to make people happy and it's another to disregard things that make sense. Sure, in most cases, compromise is the best thing. In this one, though, realism should win out.

Other than that, if you really just want to have somebody show how this game is fair for other people than Nato, just wait until I get to fight him.

(1v1 u v me, nato, pick your char and i'll pick mine and u'll get REKT)

profiles i guess

He's been the only person who has taken issue in this manner, Grochi. iBrow has too, but it is his RPG, so he has the luxury of doing whatever.

Locus then comes in and claims that my posts aren't realistic because they don't fit his perspective of what's going on which just so happen to benefit his character. Instead of compromising, he persists in shoving his viewpoint down my throat at my expense. 

I've tried very, very hard to be patient here, but this is too much. 

On this occasion, and every occasion prior to now, I have made an effort to confer with other players to ensure the validity of my argument before making my stance on these issues clear in the discussion topic. I do my best to ensure I fight fairly, but occasionally I make mistakes - that A.D/Xara incident in the furnace probably qualifies, since every single person I spoke with had a different opinion on the matter - but overall, I try to be fair. When someone - in this case, you - is blatantly distorting realism and fairness in a way that conveniently benefits their character - I take issue with that. 

Also, I am far from the only person who has taken issue with your IC actions, and just because Tex and I happen to be among the few who have consistently been outspoken about it, doesn't mean we're the only ones who take issue. 

There wasn't a mention of a hallway in any of his IC posts in this case. The only description of setting was in Snese's posts - and we interpreted them two different ways. 

Ahem: 

IC: Hive - Containment Centre. 

"What is all of this shouting?" A door further down the hall opened, and an orange-white mechanised being stepped out, its silvery faceplate regarding Snese and Ismekne impassively. "Some of us are in the middle of experiments." 

My first post as Hive pretty clearly says he emerged from a door into the hallway. And since no one's post said we moved out of that hallway, we were quite obviously still in it. 

Then everyone took Nato's side and ganged up on me. I don't appreciate my attempts at compromise being undermined. And we've got to have that. Otherwise this RPG is not fair for anyone except Nato. 

Your attempts at a so-called "compromise" consisted entirely of different versions of your character seeing and evading a surprise attack launched at almost point blank range - something she had no feasible way of predicting or evading. 

That's not a compromise. That's you playing unfairly to avoid a situation you put yourself into. 

Nato is usually never wrong when he points out a mistake.

Oh, how I wish this were true. :(

(1v1 u v me, nato, pick your char and i'll pick mine and u'll get REKT)

There are players I know I stand no chance against. You're definitely one of them. 

hey nato

vic>qld

fight me

Like I said on Skype, I've never been to Victoria, so I can't judge. 

Trying out a cultist

Name: Gadarene

Species: Matoran

Faction: Vapautti Sielu [sota/Hevias]

Power/Weapon 1: Gadarene is host to the greatest horde of Karzahni, his body and mind home to the some of the worst of the terrible legions that nightmare god possesses. When the need calls for it they take over, transforming him into one of them with a flash of brimstone. He gets their form, their strength, their powers, and, should he suffer any fatal wounds they will take the hit for him. The demon takes the injuries, and is banished back to Karzahni’s dark realm, leaving Gadarene living. Lesser wounds tend to be transferred back to Gadarene’s Matoran body though. Because demons can just be pillocks like that. 

Power/Weapon 2: The current alpha demon possessing Gadarene has the elemental control over fire. He can control, create and manipulate fire and heat. 

Power/Weapon 3: Heat vision. When using the demon’s form Gadarene can emit powerful thermal blasts, hot enough to bore through metal, from his eyes.

Power/Weapon 4: A large protosteel claw hammer, with a telescoping handle to accommodate Gadarene’s changing height. As a Matoran he generally has to wield it two-handed. In demon-form he can swing it about with one

Appearance: A Po-Matoran, burly and broad of shoulder. His armour is a mixture of browns and tans except for his mask, which is a rich and glossy black, marred only by the flecks of something like rust around his crimson eyes. His demon forms often differ wildly in minor ways (colour, or shape of spine) but generally fit into the same archetype of a burly anthropoid with a toothy grin and oddly twisting external spines, looking much like the Skakdi of other worlds. The current dominant form is deep red, the colour of fresh blood, with dark grey plating, its spine-crests vicious hooks. 

Bio: Gadarene hails from a world in which Matoran are the only sapient species. Even the number of Rahi species is notably fewer than in other universes. As such, the Matoran live relatively peaceful and prosperous lives, happily working away, spending time with their families, and worshipping their gods.

Ah, yes, the gods. The gods of this universe abide on a different plane of existence entirely, but can make their will known through various small deeds. They might be invoked through prayers or curses, pleading and begging, to lend their aid or send down their wrath. Their names would be familiar to other dimensions: Mata Nui the Bright and Shining; the dark and dread Makuta; Artahka the Maker and Mender; Karzahni the Lord of all things Twisted and Broken; the enigmatic Spectral Mask who hides his name and face; and ancient Tren Krom who waits dreaming. These six figures all have their place in the world, but are frequently involved in power plays against each other for reasons that are often enigmatic and mysterious. Their ability to affect the Matoran’s plane is limited, the games of the god require servants to do their bidding, Matoran able to hear their commands and willing to follow them. But there is one trick the gods can pull. Each has access to an endless army of spirits, ethereal beings that infest their pocket demesne like dust afflicts the material world. They can control these spirits, send them out to a host Matoran who will then be able to physically transform into that spirit, gaining its powers in the process. 

Gadarene originally came from a small town nestled between four mountains, renowned for the skill of its carvers. Gadarene was not one of these carvers. He was the one who mined the rocks and brought them to the carvers. Resentment for his role rotted his heart from within, until jealousy and envy overtook him. He turned to the dark god Karzahni begging that he blight and curse the works of his hated betters. His wish was granted, but possibly not quite in the way he expected. 

Normally the higher beings that play their games using this universe only send one signature spirit to aid their servitors. Mata Nui’s disciples are known for turning into seven foot humanoids with elemental powers and blessed Kanohi, Artahka’s for being possessed by tall and stately beings with a gift for mechanics and wheels of energy at their disposal, the Makuta favours hunched reptilians with a back full of spines and enormously destructive powers. Karzahni’s deranged choir is made of mad brutes, all twisted spikes, jagged teeth and bulging muscle. And Karzahni didn’t send just bestow one of these servants upon Gadarene. He sent thousands. Gadarene was merely angry and bitter before, but with the voices of the legion in his head he was pushed over the edge to complete insanity. He wreaked havoc in his hometown before a team of Mata Nui’s chosen drove him off. It was there he learned one of the caveats to his unique situation; he doesn’t die, the demons inside him do. Though a host to hundreds upon hundreds of them, only one can possess him at any time. Should he be ‘killed’ in action, that demon is banished back to its home realm, only for another of the horde to take its place, usually with a new set of powers. 

With this ‘immortality’ keeping him safe Gadarene began a small-scale reign of terror around the peninsula he came from, a bandit king that simply wore down all those who opposed him with a seemingly unending array of powers and forms. It was rare that he moved from his mountainous strongholds, even under direct orders from Karzahni, as he found too little satisfaction in even the more successful of his masters schemes. On occasions he did venture abroad he was regarded as a threat to be taken extremely seriously, his capacity for unpredictable destruction met only by the mightiest of other servitors. 

He was pulled to the world of Saarella Kirottu years ago, where he quickly distinguished himself in the Sota Games with his capacity for brutality and violence. He has since become one of Hevias’ followers, spending his time prowling the Spine like he once did his mountain home.

Personality/Other: Malicious and devious, Gadarene regards the rest of the world as nothing but a toy to be played with or broken as he sees fit. He bears grudges like others bear scars, old pains that everyone can see. His craving for power is insatiable, and while he normally does his best to sate it by crushing others in combat, it is strongly believed that he hopes the Heralds will one day cleanse his own world of the gods…leaving Gadarene himself the de facto replacement for Karzahni…

This works, I may get his next couple of iterations approved via PM, so in the event that this one gets killed I can just switch to them instantly without having to hold anything up waiting for another approval

Edited by Wyrd Bið Ful Aræd
  • Upvote 1

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Sko, Orm and the pair of Miril's were being called out by Jorth, who had just entered with stacks of wood clutched in his and his coat's arms.

There's only one of her right now; she turned off her mask a while ago. 

Hey hey, staff. Aiyu got canned, sorry if you wasted time giving thought to his (un)balance.

Name : No Name

Species : Summoned Spirit

Faction : Prisoners

Power/Weapon One : Forgery of Swords. Both a literal and figurative power. No Name is able to perfectly analyze (and store away the information for) any weapon he considers a sword. In doing so, he gains the combat experience of the sword's user(s) and any powers the sword itself may possess. Only a single sword may be prepared at any given time, with more complicated weapons or weapons with longer histories requiring more time to recreate

Power/Weapon Two/Three : A ten count aria he was given after his death. It allows him to actualize his internal world and create a bounded field removed from local space time. From the outside, he and anyone in a ten meter sphere of influence around him disappear from view. Those inside are transported into an arena centered around an abandoned forge.

The forge itself is a large two story building at the end of a cul-de-sac in a town on the cusp of an industrial revolution. The sky is ashen, the temperature high and the scent that of burning iron. The building has a large open room on the bottom floor, this is where the furnace is located. Anvils, tools and weapons of all kinds and at all stages of completion line the walls. Attached to the forge is a simple home, styled as a studio/loft apartment. Outside the forge, the ground is cratered and cracked, evidence of a battle that has passed through and is now raging in the unreachable distance. Weapons without owners and beyond count lay scattered about. They represent all the items that No Name has analyzed and stored for use outside his bounded field.

While his bounded field is manifest, No Name gains the ability to manipulate (limited telekinesis, projectile armament and fire akin to the Kanohi Taiho) the weapons stored inside, up to three at a time. He does not gain the boost detailed in slot one when manipulating weaponry.

To summon the field, he must complete a ten count aria, it does not have to be uninterrupted. He can for example, speak the first several lines, talk with someone or engage in banter and continue on afterwards. Significant injuries will interrupt it, as will sufficiently strong mental attacks or effects. The field will collapse if he is sufficiently injured or allows it to do so. Finally, he is able to speak the first few lines outside the field and separate from the rest of the aria in order to gain a very short (1-2 seconds) Calix-esque boost. For OOC balance reasons his aria must take at least/no more than 3/5 posts to complete and usage of the boost ability will be severely limited in frequency.

Appearance : Tall and sturdily built. His armor is all shades of raw metal, varying from the burnt orange of copper or bronze to the dull grey of lead or iridium. Wears a (now powerless) Kakama, silvery grey in color. Despite his classification as a spiritual body, he is very much (biomechanical) flesh and blood

Bio : No Name was once a hero, a man with simple motivations and goals. Near the end of his life, he found himself in a situation in which he was unable to fulfill his destiny. A terrible event was to occur and hundreds, if not thousands would be lost. Wounded and close to dying, he cursed the world, it's cruelty and what he felt was the futility of his actions

The world answered

An unknown entity offered him power to fulfill his destiny in exchange for service after death as a guardian. Filled by a desire to complete his self given, impossible duty and the madness of the martyr, he agreed and was given the strength to save the people he had labored for. New found power in hand, he fought on, one day meeting his end. After his death, he became an entity outside of time and was called forth many times to fight to protect the world. But, it was all too often not his own world. In fact, he soon learned that his world fell to the darkness after his death. Many of the worlds he fought for throughout time fell, the actions of one man were never enough to undo the evil of dozens or hundreds or thousands. From his unique position outside time, he was able to see the periods he was called to fight in and the eventual fall of those worlds as if they were overlaid onto one another. A hopeless and horrifying prison that was both an instant and an eternity. Time's passage was fathomable only when he was summoned, thrust into the fold of space and time for brief and precious hours

His most recent summoning was into a world soon to be conquered by the Cult. When summoned, he was given only the bare minimum of information ; that he must allow himself to be taken prisoner...

Other : Not a very fun person to be around. Being outside from time and having had to view it as a hopelessly confusing and depressing MC Escher painting for so long has taken it's burden on his optimism and sanity. He retains only the barest memories of his time as a mortal being, those few scant memories don't even include his name

Edited by Kaneo Takarada
  • Upvote 1

...but close to it