Bionifight Infinite Discussion

Voltex

I'll be honest, the psychic connection to his master wouldn't have followed Bionifight rules like you think it would. 

Um, yeah it would. You can't just go around telling the GM's that their rules don't apply to you. 

In the context of Oxokoro's story, he's jumping to more worlds than just Bionicle dimensions, and his people have a fortress of collected technologies that surpass even the most technological species. 

It almost sounds here like you're trying to say that because your character's backstory has them in the employ of beings who are supposedly more resourceful and powerful than the Queen and Host, your character shouldn't have to follow their rules.

That's not how it works. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Sorry, then.

I wasn't trying to say I was above the GM's rules and thinking I am high and mighty like you think I am, I jus wanted to talk about my character's story BEFORE I decided to enter him into to this rpg. In the context of Oxokoro's backstory: his people have a hundred-times the resources and man-power than the Host would have, but it does not have anything to do with Bionifight and I won't try to shove them in to try and ruin this game's story. In terms of how his people would react: they wouldn't think much of it because Oxokoro's reputation amongst them.

(I honestly feel like strangling something because of how serious you take everything I say)

I am not someone who is particularly good at socializing, and would prefer it if you perhaps have second thoughts before assuming the worst about me, okay? I'm just sharing details.

Edited by Drakua Toa of Rahi
  • Upvote 1

waffleman2010.png

*Click Banner to go to the Sikza Spriting Kit topic

I am not someone who is particularly good at socializing, and would prefer it if you perhaps have second thoughts before assuming the worst about me, okay? I'm just sharing details.

Okay, that's just how it was coming across. Sorry. 

What is this... Is it Round Three!?!?!?!?!?!

AND MECHS!!!

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Name: Ebrau (often comedically called Eyebrow)

Species: Toa whose Kanohi Komau isn't really shaped like a mask its just a giant unibrow that lets him mind control people

Power/Weapon 1: Persuasive unibrow

Power/Weapon 2: Staff of Infinite Power (bamboo with precocious young child's snow globe attached)

Power/Weapon 3: Mood ring armor

Appearance: Nobody really knows how to describe it, kind of just an average bloke with a unibrow that makes everyone think "Hey, man, he must be pretty confident to walk around with a unibrow like that," so they all just kinda go along with it. If you had to describe him he'd be, like...average height? A little muscular? Most of his body is green, or yellow, or...something...with grey feet...maybe like...orange eyes...blue or orange...his colors kind of change depending on his mood. The only thing you can say for certain is that there's no red anywhere on him.

Bio: Once fought a lot as a member of various organized crime outfits (a mafioso, if you will), and as an independent contract killer (a hitman, if you will) before being dragged into Bionifight. Any further backstory will be touched on IC.

Personality/Other: *69 bandit, accomplished prank caller, has attempted to shave his eyebrow to no avail no less than six times

-Tyler

• Upvote 9

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Name: Ebrau (often comedically called Eyebrow)

Species: Toa whose Kanohi Komau isn't really shaped like a mask its just a giant unibrow that lets him mind control people

Power/Weapon 1: Persuasive unibrow

Power/Weapon 2: Staff of Infinite Power (bamboo with precocious young child's snow globe attached)

Power/Weapon 3: Mood ring armor

Appearance: Nobody really knows how to describe it, kind of just an average bloke with a unibrow that makes everyone think "Hey, man, he must be pretty confident to walk around with a unibrow like that," so they all just kinda go along with it. If you had to describe him he'd be, like...average height? A little muscular? Most of his body is green, or yellow, or...something...with grey feet...maybe like...orange eyes...blue or orange...his colors kind of change depending on his mood. The only thing you can say for certain is that there's no red anywhere on him.

Bio: Once fought a lot as a member of various organized crime outfits (a mafioso, if you will), and as an independent contract killer (a hitman, if you will) before being dragged into Bionifight. Any further backstory will be touched on IC.

Personality/Other: *69 bandit, accomplished prank caller, has attempted to shave his eyebrow to no avail no less than six times

-Tyler

Ebrau Not Approved.

Too good for this game, take him elsewhere.

• Upvote 6

helo frens

Mech profile coming soon.... I just need to make a few last-minute changes. 

Edited by Locus

Name: Ebrau (often comedically called Eyebrow)[/size]

Species: Toa whose Kanohi Komau isn't really shaped like a mask its just a giant unibrow that lets him mind control people[/size]

Power/Weapon 1: Persuasive unibrow[/size]

Power/Weapon 2: Staff of Infinite Power (bamboo with precocious young child's snow globe attached)[/size]

Power/Weapon 3: Mood ring armor[/size]

Appearance: Nobody really knows how to describe it, kind of just an average bloke with a unibrow that makes everyone think "Hey, man, he must be pretty confident to walk around with a unibrow like that," so they all just kinda go along with it. If you had to describe him he'd be, like...average height? A little muscular? Most of his body is green, or yellow, or...something...with grey feet...maybe like...orange eyes...blue or orange...his colors kind of change depending on his mood. The only thing you can say for certain is that there's no red anywhere on him.[/size]

Bio: Once fought a lot as a member of various organized crime outfits (a mafioso, if you will), and as an independent contract killer (a hitman, if you will) before being dragged into Bionifight. Any further backstory will be touched on IC.[/size]

Personality/Other: *69 bandit, accomplished prank caller, has attempted to shave his eyebrow to no avail no less than six times[/size]

-Tyler[/size]

I don't see the appeal in this crude humor. if you fell for this, the unibrow worked.
  • Upvote 3

Name: Ebrau (often comedically called Eyebrow)[/size]

Species: Toa whose Kanohi Komau isn't really shaped like a mask its just a giant unibrow that lets him mind control people[/size]

Power/Weapon 1: Persuasive unibrow[/size]

Power/Weapon 2: Staff of Infinite Power (bamboo with precocious young child's snow globe attached)[/size]

Power/Weapon 3: Mood ring armor[/size]

Appearance: Nobody really knows how to describe it, kind of just an average bloke with a unibrow that makes everyone think "Hey, man, he must be pretty confident to walk around with a unibrow like that," so they all just kinda go along with it. If you had to describe him he'd be, like...average height? A little muscular? Most of his body is green, or yellow, or...something...with grey feet...maybe like...orange eyes...blue or orange...his colors kind of change depending on his mood. The only thing you can say for certain is that there's no red anywhere on him.[/size]

Bio: Once fought a lot as a member of various organized crime outfits (a mafioso, if you will), and as an independent contract killer (a hitman, if you will) before being dragged into Bionifight. Any further backstory will be touched on IC.[/size]

Personality/Other: *69 bandit, accomplished prank caller, has attempted to shave his eyebrow to no avail no less than six times[/size]

-Tyler[/size]

I don't see the appeal in this crude humor. if you fell for this, the unibrow worked.

Do you feel in charge?

• Upvote 3

...but close to it

if you fell for this, the unibrow worked.

Wow.... just wow.... What were you saying about crude humour? 

• Upvote 1

Name: Ebrau (often comedically called Eyebrow)[/size]Species: Toa whose Kanohi Komau isn't really shaped like a mask its just a giant unibrow that lets him mind control people[/size]Power/Weapon 1: Persuasive unibrow[/size]Power/Weapon 2: Staff of Infinite Power (bamboo with precocious young child's snow globe attached)[/size]Power/Weapon 3: Mood ring armor[/size]Appearance: Nobody really knows how to describe it, kind of just an average bloke with a unibrow that makes everyone think "Hey, man, he must be pretty confident to walk around with a unibrow like that," so they all just kinda go along with it. If you had to describe him he'd be, like...average height? A little muscular? Most of his body is green, or yellow, or...something...with grey feet...maybe like...orange eyes...blue or orange...his colors kind of change depending on his mood. The only thing you can say for certain is that there's no red anywhere on him.[/size]Bio: Once fought a lot as a member of various organized crime outfits (a mafioso, if you will), and as an independent contract killer (a hitman, if you will) before being dragged into Bionifight. Any further backstory will be touched on IC.[/size]Personality/Other: *69 bandit, accomplished prank caller, has attempted to shave his eyebrow to no avail no less than six times[/size]

-Tyler[/size]

Do you feel in charge?

i paid you a small fortune

if you fell for this, the unibrow worked.

Wow.... just wow.... What were you saying about crude humour?

It was a trick, a ruse, a deception, an attempt to make you think other wise.

This is probably the only mech profile I'm going to submit, since they don't really suit any of my other characters.  

Mech Name: Tonitrui.

Pilot Name: Xara.

Power/Weapon 1: Gravity Reduction: materials built into the suit drastically reduce gravity’s effect on Tonitrui, allowing it to move faster, jump further, and suffer significantly less damage from falls.

Power/Weapon 2: Paralysing Palm: the exo’s clawed hand has a device built into it that can form a temporary stasis field around anything she chooses to touch.

Power/Weapon 3: Fragmentation Cannon: Tonitrui’s right arm ends in a powerful firearm designed to fire destructive bursts of fragmentation energy.     

Appearance: Long-limbed and dextrous, this exosuit looks similar to a giant Rahkshi, complete with razor-sharp claws, and an arch of spines along its back. The frame is solid protodermis, and the external surface is layered with overlapping plates of protosteel armour. To ensure that the suit retains full mobility, there are some gaps and areas of vulnerability around the joints.

Other: Xara’s body fits snugly in the head/torso of the exosuit, the most heavily armoured area.  Similar to her own armour, the exosuit is connected telepathically to her Kraata, allowing her to see and feel what it does. This has the unfortunate side-effect of her being able to feel a small amount of pain from damage done to the exosuit. The exo has been built to be completely airtight, and able to withstand even the crushing water pressure of a flooded Mahri Nui map. In addition, Tonitrui is also capable of transmitting speech through speakers in the mouth, and possesses various sensors that allow it to emulate all five senses. 

A mech piloting a mech. *Brain explodes.*

And so it begins....

Drakua:

IC: Minami

.:Individual, whoever you may be,:. Minami thought, attempting to channel her thoughts only to the spider-covered creature. .:It may be very possible that it is not the Spirits of the Universe that you commune with, but beings of flesh and blood like yourself. Otherwise, why would I feel your presence inside of my mind?:.

Turning back to The Puppetmaster, Minami spoke to the unfortunately glowing being. "It may be that he comes from a society that still engages in Shamanistic or other such practices. I know that in the early days of the Dasaka Empire, we had to deal with a certain ethnic group that was convinced that they were communing with Zuto Nui herself, when in actuality they were invading the minds of the residents of the nearby villages. Fortunately, all that stopped when we assimilated their culture into ours and wiped out their silly beliefs."

Did you see this?

No. I did not. Whoops.

Would like to point out he made the threat of war under his breath, and yet everyone acted as though he said it loudly and it easily heard. Also, not that many characters seem to have shown signs of reacting to mind invasion, so I think Skull Carrier is good for now.

Edited by Drakua Toa of Rahi

waffleman2010.png

Before you ask about it, Drakua, I would swear on my necronomicon that "silently" wasn't in your post before you edited, and I definitely never saw that edit until after my post went up (can't check timestamps on mobile, but I'm even willing to bet my post went up pre edit).

EDIT: looks like I was too slow saying this.

Anyways, if he said it under his breath then everybody would just be grilling about needing to be speaking clearly, soo...

Edited by Grochi ad Infinitum

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

Well, this a special kind of awkward.

Can I make the argument that Aclaraung is a predator, and should then be expected to have better hearing than average, much like dogs and card? :P

Other than that, if you intend for something to be silent and not be communicated to others, italicize it to show it's being thought, and don't put quotation marks around it, so that it's obviously not communication.

EDIT:

I'M NOT GOOD AT TYPING ON A PHONE STOP BEING FASTER THAN ME

Edited by Grochi ad Infinitum

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

Other than that, if you intend for something to be silent and not be communicated to others, italicize it to show it's being thought, and don't put quotation marks around it, so that it's obviously not communication.

Yeah.... since the spiders made motions of agreement, I assumed it was being said under his breath or something. And if it was loud enough for the spiders to hear, it seemed reasonable for the other three beings in the small, cramped room to overhear as well. 

I'm now feeling kinda dumb....

Well, considering there was a couple of Telepaths in earshot not even thinking it would be safe.

I don't think you understand exactly how telepathy works in these games. Our characters can't just jump into your guy's head and listen in whenever they want. There are layers, and barriers, and people can fight back quite easily. 

Mech profile under heavy revision. Please ignore.

Mech for approval:

Mech Name: Combat Exosuit Prototype 001 (CEP-001)

Pilot Name: Sudrec

Power/Weapon 1: An anti-materiel rifle scaled up for mech size; fires 31.75x247.5 mm HEIAP bullets. The rifle comes with a laser-guided rangefinder and a camera scope connecting to the sniper module in the cockpit, showing Sudrec where the gun is pointed, as well as being capable of zooming in on a specific spot. The gun comes with a folding bipod for prone shooting. The gun is controlled by a pistol-like camera module that connects to and displays a video feed from the camera scope; it is operated much like one would aim a pistol in real life. Sudrec starts each round with five magazines; each of the magazines holds 10 bullets.

Power/Weapon 2: Emergency Laser Cannon: a laser cannon built into CEP-001's left wrist designed for close range combat. The cannon is aimed through a separate set of controls from the Anti-Materiel Rifle and aimed with a reticule appearing on the main HUD (only when the cannon is active though). Due to issues of practicality, the laser cannon has a separate mode that needs to be activated (read: the mech's left hand can't be on the rifle) before it can be used.

Power/Weapon 3: Aim assist + IFF (Identify Friend/Foe): CEP-001's sniper module and main HUD (when laser cannon mode is active) comes with a targeting system, highlighting hostile combatants with red outlines as well as displaying a reticule, showing where Sudrec is aiming at the moment. The mech's computers, in conjunction with the gun's rangefinder and camera scope, can make small corrections in Sudrec's aim, helping him to track a moving target or stabilize his aim; it doesn't allow for "quickscoping", however, as he still has to do most of the work himself.

Appearance: a scaled down version of the Prototype Robot, but adjusted to house a cockpit designed for a Glatorian-sized being (the cockpit protrudes slightly out of the front of the mech and significantly out the back, similar to that of a Knightmare Frame; the hatch can open and the chair can slide out for Sudrec to enter and exit). The interior of the cockpit looks like this. Attached to the feet are two landspinners (see the Knightmare picture); they can be dropped onto the ground to allow for a "self-propelled rollerblade" style of motion; however, they aren't that great over rough terrain, where walking would be best.

Other: CEP-001's onboard computers are run by an AI dubbed the Combat Exosuit Fly-By-Wire Intelligence (CEFBWI). While the AI is technically sapient and can communicate with both Sudrec and beings outside the robot through loudspeaker, it is shackled so that its functionality is limited to running the background process of the mech, such as balance adjustments, aim assist, walking, etc. While in theory the AI could override Sudrec's input and direct the robot itself, the shackles on it places by the Bionifight staff prevent it from doing so. (Basically, it's JARVIS).

Basic control scheme of CEP-001 can be found here

Note: I'm assuming that this mech has both a main front camera and a back camera that's essentially a rear-view mirror. Would this be allowed?

Edited by One-Eyed Construct

Now that mechs are actually a thing I should probably actually get this up.

Mech Name: Peerless (Type V Powered Armor)

Pilot Name: Kale

Power/Weapon 1: Elemental Light

Power/Weapon 2: Elemental Iron

Power/Weapon 3: Kakama

Appearance: Only slightly bigger than Kale and following the same general body shape, it it a full body suit including a helmet designed to fit over his Kakama. It possesses a coloration composed of light and dark grey splotches meant to break up the wearer's figure and make them harder to notice.

Other: Due to restrictions placed on the suit while under construction the Peerless has been stripped of most of it's functions and left only the bare minimum in place. Mechanical servos provide a strength enhancement boost of about six times what he could do on his own. The half-inch thick armor is comprised of a combination of protosteel and composite layers, combined with the underlying ballistic gel the wearer is provided protection from a wide variety of attacks.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

For some reason, the idea of mechs make me want to bring Shard in, but nah....here's Kuro's mech though.

Mech Name: Avenger Angel

Pilot Name: Kuro

Power/Weapon 1: Angel Wings - He got jet-rocket wings that allow flight.

Power/Weapon 2: Element of Moral Light - Control of Light that progressively gets weaker/stronger depending on his emotions. The more he keeps to his Peace and Willpower, Avenger Angel can maintain light-based abilities like creating a hard-light blade called the Shining Sword.

Power/Weapon 3: The P.B. - Not peanut butter, but Peace Bomb. It's like an E.M.P. but affects the pilot rather than the mech. It basically stuns the pilot into a feeling of bliss for a period of time that ranges from 30 seconds to a full minute. It is shot out of a grenade launcher in the right arm. The bomb is a sticky bomb to hopefully assure pacification but prevents it from bouncing or taking it off.

Appearance: A white and gold exosuit that resembles an angel. The frame and armor is made of a strong but lightweight metal alloy. The armor is slim and aerodynamic.

Other: Kuro resides and pilots in a cockpit in the body and is connected telepathically and spiritually (somehow) to it via Kraata, allowing telepathic control and allows access for the Kraata inner light. Of course, in return for such advantages, he feels small amounts of pain when damaged, and his light abilities are affected by his emotions. The mech has a sensor that automatically warns him when his light is waning.

Also, really thought Kuro would be considered to be a good Enforcer.

Edited by ArcticFreeze17

Mech Name: The O.L.M.A.K. (Obscenely Large Mechanized Artillery Ketch)

Pilot Name: Tahnok Nuva

Power/Weapon 1: two back mounted Elemental Fire Artillary cannons, capable of launched condensed shells of fire over long ranges. The shells, upon impact explode into a ball of superheated air that after a couple or so direct hits can and will melt the target into a molten, goopy mess. Relatively useless at close-to-mid range.

Power/Weapon 2: The massive frontal limbs provide for some devastating hydraulic assisted close-quarter carnage. Guaranteed to compress the mech those unfortunate enough to get in its way into a sorry lump of metal.

Power/Weapon 3: Remember that decorational Kualsi? It has been incorporated into the mech as a defensive teleportation system to get out of those tight squeezes.

Appearance: the mech is a protosteel large Artillary platform made to look (and act) like the Bahrag queen Gahdok except for the frontal arms, which have been redesigned into a pair of gorilla like arms used for stabilizing the mech. The cockpit is located in the head, compressed into the body for protection, yet provides a full 120 view that is aided by the famously small antennae that have been converted into rear-view mirrors. The "eyes" are serviceable headlights. The rear legs remain similar to the inspiration.

Other: The rear limbs are a functional weak spot, and the mech is controlled mostly by sensors hooked up to the Krana. There are steering mechanisms for normal propulsion, as well as hand and foot controls for each separate limb for when the need arises to use persision movements (such as punching someone's literal lights out).

Prepare thee for a boss fight, all thee that fancy a one-on-one with Tahnok!

waffleman2010.png

MECH PROFILE

The Organizers have decided to provide an additional award for good behaviour!

Any fighters who have behaved themselves may, if they so choose, apply to have the Bionifight engineers build them a mech. 

As I recall, Tahnok's first act was to incinerate a good portion of the Commercial Sector.

I'm not sure that constitutes good behaviour....

It was partially in self-defense. The other part of was me being creative with the Krana. I take full responsibility for that and accept that it may detract from my ability to have kick-butt mech. But at least there is no rule saying I can't post the mech app.

waffleman2010.png

Puppetmaster is good at what he does

It's all in the name. He doesn't call himself that for nothing. 

but he he loses points for manipulating the brainwashed and crazy)

He was just messing with him. The true manipulation has yet to begin...

(*snaps fingers* 

Please don't ever do this again. :P

• Upvote 1

Immediately that third power comes into question.

Your decorational Kualsi can't be used. It has to be a working one unless that's what you meant.

The Kualsi was decorative in Tahnok's profile, nothing saying it can't be made functional here (by the power of plot) since the mech profile's powerset is totally different.

will edit this post in like five minutes with something important (apparently I meant sixty-five minutes)

In order to minimize issues related to inactive players and characters, a new rule is now in place whereby if a character does not have an IC post within 48 hours before the start of the round, that character will be automatically opted out and will still lose a life as normal.

Obviously there are exceptions; if, for some reason, you are waiting for a post from someone else for 48 hours (ergo inactivity is not your fault), please explain the situation here.

Edited by Chro
  • Upvote 1

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits