Bionifight Infinite Discussion

Voltex

IC Nocton:

Nocton did not know how these staffs worked on him, but he was force to swivel his Fragmentation gun at Von Worten anyway.

OOC: So the only thing he can do is point his gun and wait? or can he do other things that do not countermand the order?

BS01: Staffs of Suggestion were wielded by Vahki Zadakh of Po-Metru. They caused targets to follow suggestions from almost anyone.

In this case, suggestions from Goldie will, in all likelihood, overpower any suggestions made by Von Worten.

IC Nocton:

Nocton did not know how these staffs worked on him, but he was force to swivel his Fragmentation gun at Von Worten anyway.

OOC: So the only thing he can do is point his gun and wait? or can he do other things that do not countermand the order?

BS01: Staffs of Suggestion were wielded by Vahki Zadakh of Po-Metru. They caused targets to follow suggestions from almost anyone.

In this case, suggestions from Goldie will, in all likelihood, overpower any suggestions made by Von Worten.

Okay, so since it only made him suceptible to suggestions, he can  do anything of his own accord that does not disrupt the command he was given?

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

IC Nocton:

Okay, so since it only made him suceptible to suggestions, he can  do anything of his own accord that does not disrupt the command he was given?

Pretty much.

---

For those not aware, updates to the Queen's Quest have been posted.

IC(A.D.): There was no space to dodge, so A.D. just blasted fire right at the lightning bolt, and allowed himself to fall backward off the catwalk, turning in a great amount of strength so his wings were upright. He was much lower than Xara now...and if his chest was badly burned by lightning, he wasn't paying attention. 

Um.... what? You can't just "not pay attention to" severe electric burns. How exactly is A.D not feeling that?

And, unless A.D has some really funky anatomy, the chest is where his lungs and heart and other important organs are presumably housed. A severe electric shock to such a sensitive area is going to do some serious internal damage as well. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I'm half-tempted to have Ravyn start seeking out Dayeth tonight.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Well, Dayeth is currently fighting Kat and (maybe?) Maccha Yellow.

Three on one wouldn't be much fun for Revyn now, would it? 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC(A.D.): There was no space to dodge, so A.D. just blasted fire right at the lightning bolt, and allowed himself to fall backward off the catwalk, turning in a great amount of strength so his wings were upright. He was much lower than Xara now...and if his chest was badly burned by lightning, he wasn't paying attention. 

Um.... what? You can't just "not pay attention to" severe electric burns. How exactly is A.D not feeling that?

And, unless A.D has some really funky anatomy, the chest is where his lungs and heart and other important organs are presumably housed. A severe electric shock to such a sensitive area is going to do some serious internal damage as well. 

I don't think he got hit. His chest is probably slightly above the catwalk, which is why he blasted fire at the bolt. Usually elements cancel other when they hit. If that's the case, he wants out of there, he allowed himself to fall to get away.

If the lightning hit him anyway, he'd lose his grip on the catwalk because you hit his chest muscles. If he's falling, he's not going to be paying any attention to any damage he got hit with, because he's trying to save his life.

Edited by fishers64

Hey, so, regarding Kalatin - was the whole argument we had before about "you can't just get into people's heads and take things or mess with them willy nilly" just completely disregarded? With these most recent posts I've noticed a whole lot of Kalatin just tuning in to absolutely everybody's thoughts, all the time, with no regard for any defense somebody might have, which goes completely against everything established in that argument before.

He shouldn't be able to just start listening to everybody's thoughts. It doesn't work that way. That's one of the simplest definitions of 'overpowered' I can find.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

I don't think he got hit. His chest is probably slightly above the catwalk, which is why he blasted fire at the bolt. Usually elements cancel other when they hit. If that's the case, he wants out of there, he allowed himself to fall to get away.

That is not how it works. At all. This isn't an anime. 

He shouldn't be able to just start listening to everybody's thoughts. It doesn't work that way. That's one of the simplest definitions of 'overpowered' I can find.

I was going to bring this up, but I don't like arguing with people over more than one thing at a time. 

True. I'm not really in the mood for a fight at the moment anyway, though, so anything concerning those three will probably occur tomorrow.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Hey, so, regarding Kalatin - was the whole argument we had before about "you can't just get into people's heads and take things or mess with them willy nilly" just completely disregarded? With these most recent posts I've noticed a whole lot of Kalatin just tuning in to absolutely everybody's thoughts, all the time, with no regard for any defense somebody might have, which goes completely against everything established in that argument before.

Not everybody. Just who he chooses to focus on. Unless someone tries to contact him. 

Kalatin picked up on Skull Carrier's transmission, allowing him to focus on him. Then he read the Puppetmaster's contact with him, allowing Kalatin to read his mental signature and find him once the round started.

...Or picking up on Praggos's thoughts, or so it seemed from how you wrote it then, and other stuff like that.

It doesn't work if you just focus on them, though. That basically gives free reign to listen in to any telepathic conversation you want or to read anybody's thoughts that you want. It's literally the same situation as with Okavaung.

I recommend going back and reading the whole "you can't get into people's minds and pick up their thoughts or mess with them without having to try and fight through their mental barriers and stuff" posts that were made before I have to waste the energy to make them all over again and get grumpy in the process. Just ask Nato or Blade.

Nobody likes me grumpy.

profiles i guess

Then he read the Puppetmaster's contact with him, allowing Kalatin to read his mental signature and find him once the round started.

That doesn't explain how Kalatin knew the Puppetmaster was a Great Being. I would have accepted something along the lines of him recognising the type of mind, but your post makes it sound like Kalatin somehow got inside his head and magically learned everything about him. 

Just ask Nato or Blade.

Nobody likes me grumpy.

Oh no....

Everybody's mind is going to be different anyways. You shouldn't be able to recognize an intelligent species based simply upon how its mind feels. Something unintelligent, you'd at least recognize "well, it's not intelligent."

I didn't say it made sense, just that I would've been willing to accept it if that had been the excuse Kalatin had used. Plus, some of the stuff Annona said in Sahmad's tale kind of implies that the Great Beings have unusual minds. 

...Or picking up on Praggos's thoughts, or so it seemed from how you wrote it then, and other stuff like that.

That's because Kalatin was right there, and he saw him. He wanted to make sure that Naona wasn't going to get killed.

Anyway, it looks like my dragon got hit. Alright. Get off my case. 

Edited by fishers64

If the lightning hit him anyway, he'd lose his grip on the catwalk because you hit his chest muscles. If he's falling, he's not going to be paying any attention to any damage he got hit with, because he's trying to save his life.

Okay, I'm just going to assume A.D took the lightning bolt and that he will soon be feeling the pain. 

You can't just automatically tune into people's thoughts if they don't want you to or their mental conversations.

Definitely true. 

And lastly, before I go to sleep, I love the tally so far.

The wonderful, degenerate, cannibal almost-toa, Seven, is currently in the lead, with two KOs credited to him.

Will he pull up for the win like Vagust did, or will he go down in the endgame like Kotak? Who knows!

profiles i guess

Meanwhile Dayeth just get killed by a kick to the head. 

Okay, I'm just going to assume A.D took the lightning bolt and that he will soon be feeling the pain. 

Yeah, he's going to have to land soon or fall out of the sky into the lava. You'll probably get your precious KO if Aclarung doesn't get you first. 

Wow.

She's, what, 3 for 3 now? Well, I guess Ravyn can just start walking around aimlessly for the rest of the match...

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

Wow.

She's, what, 3 for 3 now? Well, I guess Ravyn can just start walking around aimlessly for the rest of the match...

All of Dayeth's deaths so far have been extremely abrupt and somewhat underwhelming, while remaining completely reasonable under the circumstances. I saw no reason to break the trend. 

IC(A.D.): A.D.'s wings pumped furiously as he sensed the Rahkshi following him. Desperate, he flew upwards near-vertically as rapidly as he could, landing on another catwalk. The arcs of electricity must have hit below him, but that didn't matter, as his chest was a collection of burns and raw flesh. He wasn't going to be flying again for awhile. Was there a medic in here somewhere? 

Xara is dropping down from directly above A.D in an attempt to land on his back and impale him. If he flies vertically, she's going to land on him and do even more damage due to the additional force of A.D moving upwards. 

As such, Xara's lightning bolts would've been direct hits as well. 

Edited by Locus

Arctic: Reward lives from gem quests will be gifted by the Host after the completion of the round. At the moment I just wanted to at least let people use their gems, since it's my own fault that I haven't approved them IC already.

Burn: There are levers and controls and such spaced around the catwalks. Be reasonable about it - like, no self-destruct button for the entire Furnace - but you can have some creative liberty with how the controls affect the environment. Controls aside, the vats and stuff are not entirely impossible to move on their own, either, given enough force.

As Olari has shown, yeah, some are close enough to spill onto the walkways.

Raz: All fighters are healed when the round begins (via facility tech) so Damaka's not gravely injured anymore. Host-to-Sandalphon response soonish.

Disunity questers: I think Halken's alright for the moment. After a bit more interaction between Ilyin/Mirror/Lang we can wrap this up.

Edited by Chro
  • Upvote 1

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

This is a character idea I've been wanting to play around with for a while now: an untethered Kaita that has learned how to manifest itself without the need for its original component beings. 

Name: Dekako.

Species: Former Kaita.

Power/Weapon 1: Fear Roar: same as a power scream, it just sounds deeper in pitch.

Power/Weapon 2: Venom: Dekako’s fangs, as well as the claws of her smaller pair of arms, and the barbs on the final third of her tail, excrete a venom that cause an agonising burning sensation in victims.

Power/Weapon 3: Golden Anchor: this three-bladed, gold-tinged staff of lightweight protosteel is the one possession that has accompanied Dekako on all of her journeys.

Appearance: About three times as big as a Rahkshi, and much stronger, Dekako has a large, dinosaur-ish head and four arms, two of which are smaller and folded up under its body with claws not dissimilar to that of a praying mantis. Powerfully built and muscular, she’s surprisingly agile for a creature of her size. Her body is red, with silver armour and yellow accents, and she has a long, sinewy tail that’s ridged with spines.

Bio: Where do Kaita go when they’re no longer needed? No one knows for sure, but that’s where Dekako has spent most of her existence. Originally formed when three Corpus Rahkshi students – Hoto, Kat and Era – merged their forms, Dekako retains their knowledge and some of their abilities, but has since developed a personality and consciousness all of her own.

After the Rahkshi who’d once formed her went their separate ways, Dekako was left to rot, reduced to nothing but a fading memory slowly drifting in whatever void that Kaita inhabit when they aren’t needed. But Dekako’s will proved strong; she refused to fade.

Over time, she found a way to manifest herself in the corporeal plane, but soon after awakening in a new, unfamiliar world, she was pulled back into the void. For centuries, millennia, maybe longer, Dekako journeyed again and again into new worlds, only ever managing to stay a few days at the most before being ripped away once more.

Eventually, though, she succeeded in severing the connection between herself and the nightmarish emptiness that had held her captive for so long. She’d fought the universe itself, and won through sheer strength of will. She was reborn, a new being in her own right, no longer reliant on the whims of others. Finally, she was able to…

…be abducted immediately into the Bionifight facility.  

Personality/Other: Having witnessed so many different things in more worlds than she can count, there is very little that can surprise or impress her anymore. She has a rudimentary understanding of dozens of different languages, and is fluent in some of the more common ones such as Matoran and Agori.

Recognising the important of patience, she is always careful and meticulous, never charging headlong into situations unless she has no other choice. Having been alone for so long, she has never been able to form friendships of any kind, so she largely keeps to herself. She harbours a bitter resentment for Rahkshi in general, and has nothing but disdain for other beings who have formed Kaitas, since she knows how it feels to be abandoned like their Kaitas have been or one day will be.

MOC: http://i.imgur.com/XXqWoLT.png.

Edited by Locus
  • Upvote 2

Nato: I'd consider okaying the powerset... fear roar is power scream and fear combined, so almost two powers in one, plus paralysis and the auto-returning staff... she would be strong anyway but she also has a distinct physical advantage (size, four arms, tail, spikes and so on), so disapproved as of right now.

Cool MOC, though.

jaga: No worries. Activity is always very rapid at the start of a round, especially now since there hadn't been a round in over a month. XD

What happens if you damage the ceiling?

I presume damaged portions of the ceiling might begin falling in. The infrastructure of the Furnace is strong enough to support itself, and it's a huge complex structure, so shooting a hole in the roof isn't going to destroy the entire ceiling. :P Edited by Chro

but their spirits

Nato: I'd consider okaying the powerset... fear roar is power scream and fear combined, so almost two powers in one, plus paralysis and the auto-returning staff... she would be strong anyway but she also has a distinct physical advantage (size, four arms, tail, spikes and so on), so disapproved as of right now.

Yet psionic dragons are perfectly okay? :P

But no, I see your point in regards to the Fear Roar. I was basically trying to cram high levels of sonics and fear into one power slot, so I've turned that into normal Power Scream, and the staff is now just a staff. Would that be more acceptable? 

Cool MOC, though.

Dekako got so little use back in Corpus; I didn't want to let her go to waste after all the effort I put into that MOC.  

Hubert: The sky? But not much of it, because you'll also find an invisible barrier preventing you from going beyond the Great Furnace facility.

A sky battle above the GF would be cool but you can't get too far from/above it.

Nato: We'll reconsider based on your changes. Thanks.

Edited by Chro

but their spirits

Nato: We'll reconsider based on your changes. Thanks.

Thanks. :D She had so much potential as a character, but thanks to Click, we didn't get to do that in Corpus. 

Just be glad I didn't try to keep all of her original powers....