Bionifight Infinite Discussion

Voltex

Resubmitting Halken for a weapon/power update to take effect after the conclusion of disunity, based on some writing feedback. Changes are in underlined italics.

Name: Lord Halken von Zakaz III Esq.

Species: Skakdi

Power/Weapon 1: Impact Vision. Halken can hit any inanimate object he can see with a sudden burst of tremendous, violent force. While this cannot damage the object too much, it can send it flying incredible distances.

Power/Weapon 2: Power disabling. Halken can disable any powers a single opponent has, as long as he has seen them in use before or is aware his opponent has that power. Halken can only disable one person at a time like this, and the further away his target is, the harder it is to keep them disabled. In addition, Halken must address his target to disable them, preventing him from disabling from a position where he cannot be attacked.

Power/Weapon 3: Duelling blades. Halken carries a pair of rapiers with him at all times, allowing him to turn any ungentlemanly conflict into a noble, equally matched duel. The blades can adjust size to fit naturally into the grip of any being’s hand, allowing even the largest combatants to face Halken in an honorable duel comfortably.

Appearance: Halken looks every inch the ridiculous character he is. A custom made, pinstripe charcoal black three piece suit with its jacket missing, a  white button up shirt with the sleeves “torn” off (more accurately, they didn’t quite fit over his muscular biceps,) a golden monocle filled with shattered glass, and a pair of dress shoes that have been broken open by his clawed feet make up Halken’s enigmatic wardrobe. Otherwise, his limbs and spine are a dark gold, coupled with brass armor and claws, and piercing silver eyes. Halken also possesses a unique spine arrangement, having three rows of long, straight spikes on his back, an almost unheard of occurrence.

Bio: Halken is from a version of the matoran universe where industry managed to proceed in vastly different directions from canon, leaving the islands massive industrial cities ruled by elite citizens. He is the third bearer of his name, and only the latest in a long line of gentlemen hunters hailing from the vast steam powered city of Zakaz. His ongoing quest: To find the deadliest rahi in the matoran universe and beat them in a rousing match of fisticuffs, old bean! What ho! He has bested the Kanohi Dragon the Krahka, the Tahtorahk, and has even outboxed a herd of Tarakava with both hands broken. His latest target was his greatest challenge to date, however, as Halken planned to duel the Mountain of Xia itself. However, besting these ruffians in this gentleman’s tourney shall have to suffice instead! (tales of Halken’s exploits may be prone to exaggeration, take them with a grain of salt and a pinch  of moustache wax)

Personality/Other: Halken is boisterous, loud, jovial, and always ready for a fight. He will challenge anyone to a “rousing duel, like proper gentlemen” for laughs, but never pulls a single beefy punch. Halken has no sense of personal space, often getting very buddy-buddy with people he never met before and inviting them on one of his hunts. He prefers his steaks raw, his women (and men, and non-binary friends) loyal, his fights exhilarating, and his trophy room well-adorned.

• Upvote 1

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

Power/Weapon 3: Duelling blades. Halken carries a pair of rapiers with him at all times, allowing him to turn any ungentlemanly conflict into a noble, equally matched duel. The blades can adjust size to fit naturally into the grip of any being’s hand, allowing even the largest combatants to face Halken in an honorable duel comfortably.

But what about people who don't want to fight in an honourable, gentlemanly manner? 

Like.... the majority of characters in this game.... :P

Edited by Locus

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

What if they have a gun though.

Bringing a gun to a gentleman's sword duel is in poor taste, obviously. But I'm sure it will lead to a decisive victory.

Well, historically, swords were actually the safer option in duels.

If you missed the shot with your gun, and your opponent had a sword, you would most certainly be killed. This was before revolvers or anything, when it was mostly flintlock pistols.

One shot, you miss, you die.

of course that is most certainly not the case here at all.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Bringing a sword to a gunfight is stupid. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

This was before revolvers or anything, when it was mostly flintlock pistols.

One shot, you miss, you die.

*Pulls out a blunderbuss.*

*One shot kills everyone, including the audience.*

*They die.* 

we're not discussing bringing swords to a gunfight

We're discussing bringing guns to a swordfight

If someone has a gun, it automatically becomes a gunfight. 

Please tell me Tahnok isn't out already from inactivity. I just got on this morning and WAY too much has happened for me to keep track of. It is overwelming me.

A daily recap post of what has happened so far might be a good idea.

Edited by Drakua Toa of Rahi

waffleman2010.png

*Click Banner to go to the Sikza Spriting Kit topic

Just putting this out there:

-Ten is on an ambiguous catwalk, invisible. Completely invisible as well. Feel free to run towards hi,, but chances are, he would hear you first.

-Donrioda is just...doing her thing with the running and stuff. Open for fighting.

-Vinra just cauterized a wound from a gunshot to prevent herself from bleeding out (which would have happened). Open to fight, but she is very weak right now.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

On a similar note

• Zephyr is panicking on a catwalk, trying to prepare some plants so he can actually fight
  • Venix is nyooming around the upper levels to try and scout out some people to shoot
  • and I think Riss is climbing but I don't actually remember what she was doing when I posted as her and I'm too lazy to check.

I do have a plan for Fia atm though

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

X, you're a trend-setter

• Artorre is wandering around, open for interaction.
  • Shixahl is bypassing a fight, the combatants of which can notice him if they want.
  • Ardian has just called out to a friend, and several people can believably be within earshot. Just try not to pile on; if 2 or 3 people have already responded to the shout, adding in another would be excessive.
  • Okavaung is flying underneath the catwalks. Someone can notice him if I don't shortly get around to having him ambush someone.
  • Lierdon is engaging Seven.

*Snaps fingers*

Sure, I'll throw my hat in the ring:

Thaera is waiting atop the highest control room for Tirkah to come out.

Virse is answering Ardian's call as sand.

Arkrax is tinkering with a control panel in some random control room with Oinez.

Lady Dajik is dead... :(

• Hound's sneaking around, watching out for ambushes.

Selaphiel is hovering, looking for weak targets.

Dynomi is firing her revolver at Olari, after having escaped a melted catwalk.

Typhoeus is confusing/amusing everyone around him (and sending a very mixed message as to his intimidation abilities) while he attempts to escape death-via-melted-catwalk.

pNNgXax.jpg

Bringing a sword to a gunfight is stupid.

But we're not discussing bringing swords to a gunfight

We're discussing bringing guns to a swordfight

We're bringing swords and guns to a Bionifight.

Raz: All fighters are healed when the round begins (via facility tech) so Damaka's not gravely injured anymore. Host-to-Sandalphon response soonish.

He twisted his ankle spawning in then
That works. Edited by Chro

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Wait, Tahnok is disguised?

*goes to edit*

Also, here's a list-o

Tenjou - Open

Izarargi - Fighting CinS on a lower floor

Maccha - W/ Kat on a lower floor

Hryfon - KO'd by Olari's magnetic fooling about

Oinez - Talking w/ Arkrax, inconspicious control booth

Varentain - Open

...but close to it

this is what happens when you let me have fun and run away with a ridiculous idea like "90's styled hacker vortixx"

Name: Votrixx Cyberpunk Vortechs Vinra

Species: Vortixx

Power/Weapon 1, 2, 3: One may find this tool absolutely ridiculous, and...it is. It’s a glove that heavily resembles the Nintendo Powerglove, except made to fit on a Vortixx’s hand. Vinra describes it as a “hacker’s multitool”, and it is capable of the following:

-Wireless hacking. She can hack computers, terminals, even robotic competitors, provided they use a computer. Hacking takes time, though - she is unable to do anything while hacking, or would have to stop. She cannot hack noncomputerized mechanisms, however, such as gears and clockwork. If it's computerized, she can hack it. Note, however, if it is a sentient program or AI, she can't take control. Only damage its programming.

-The ability to produce a small energy blade from the wrist. The blade is approximately a meter in length, and “impossibly durable”, and Vinra says. In reality, it is not – the blade is capable of slicing through people, objects, and other things, but not that great at blocking attacks. A good strike can disrupt the blade, and leave Vinra defenseless for a few good seconds.

-The ability to fire off small bursts of energy. These energy bursts are a lot like lasers. In fact, that’s what they are – lasers. Vinra prefers to call them “Hyperactive Codeblasts” than lasers, though. These lasers act much like what you would see in Star Wars, in the sense they are not instant. One strike would be very dangerous if it hit a vital organ, however...but it’s hard to aim without any ironsight, scope, or barrel.

None of these can be done at the same time.

Appearance: Vinra is...your standard Vortixx. Black and silver armor, clawed fingers, tall, lithe, etc. She looks incredibly normal...except for the ridiculous 3-D glasses eternally perched on the top of her head, the glowing red, TRON-esque lines that run along her body (there only because of a harness she wears), and what appears to be a Vortixx version of the Powerglove on her right hand.

Despite this, she seems to hold (somewhat of) an air of businesslike professionalism, as if the outfit she wears is only what top-end professionals wear. Which is...actually accurate where she comes from.

Bio: Born and raised in the cyberpunk land of Xia, Vinra was a professional hacker and combatant in virtual fights. Renowned for her ability to “hack the mainframe, and hack the people”, she became famous on Xia for her incredible skills. No firewall was safe from her. No mainframe could remain unhacked. Of course, hacking was a sport in Xia, rather than a crime. Why else would she dress like a professional?

Eventually, her hacking competitions became broadcasted on the multiversal network – the first thing in her universe to actually be put there, and her island was the first to get the network. Of course, this made sense! A pathetic, steampunk island like Zakaz would never be as advanced as her own island! Especially since no one there was bright enough to make anything like that (She heard some brilliant mind wanted to fight the Island on Xia...) Her combat was never put up there, simply because of Bionifight’s overpowering control on the physical combat scene.

Her skills did not go unnoticed, however. She was soon plucked in the middle of a fight, and plopped right down into Bionifight. Looks like she’d be able to show her combative skills across the dimensions at last.

Personality/Other: Vinra acts like a professional...for the most part. If you mention anything about Multiversal TV, she’ll start going on and on about her “Elite hacking skills”, and how “No firewall can go unbroken by her amazing code.” Not only that, but she, more than likely, will look down at other ‘stars’ on the Multiversal network, mostly because “They couldn’t hack even a level one firewall, even with tools more advanced than mine!”

Did I mention she has a bit of an ego in regards to her hacking skills? I don’t think I mentioned that.

heyyyyyy edited Vinra's profile a bit. Edit is in bold.

Just epxanding her hacking to be a bit more versatile.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Ravyn - Moving towards Arkie.

Tarsus - Wandering around, looking for an opponent.

Amorigiahna - Watching her back as she adjusts to her new elemental affinity.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

1. Vagust is currently running from Ismekne, might drop down to try and fight again, might keep running away, who knows.

Aclaraung is waiting on Xara, I guess, or on me to decide on something to do with him.

Praggos is fighting Velix.

Seven is running from Lierdon, really not doing much of anything right now.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

A.D. is trying to escape from a Rahkshi that's trying to kill him.

You still haven't responded to this in relation to my last Xara post: 

IC(A.D.): A.D.'s wings pumped furiously as he sensed the Rahkshi following him. Desperate, he flew upwards near-vertically as rapidly as he could, landing on another catwalk. The arcs of electricity must have hit below him, but that didn't matter, as his chest was a collection of burns and raw flesh. He wasn't going to be flying again for awhile. Was there a medic in here somewhere? 

Xara is dropping down from directly above A.D in an attempt to land on his back and impale him. If he flies vertically, she's going to land on him and do even more damage due to the additional force of A.D moving upwards. 

As such, Xara's lightning bolts would've been direct hits as well. 

Also, I would appreciate it if you would refrain from continuing to post as your characters while these OOC discussions are occurring:

IC(A.D.): The dragon looked around for Xara. Was she dead or alive? Probably alive, at this rate.

You've done it twice now, and it's getting very frustrating. 

Aclaraung is waiting on Xara, I guess, or on me to decide on something to do with him.

Sorry. I can't post as Xara until Fishers edits that post and properly acknowledges Xara's last attack. 

A.D. is trying to escape from a Rahkshi that's trying to kill him.

You still haven't responded to this in relation to my last Xara post: 

IC(A.D.): A.D.'s wings pumped furiously as he sensed the Rahkshi following him. Desperate, he flew upwards near-vertically as rapidly as he could, landing on another catwalk. The arcs of electricity must have hit below him, but that didn't matter, as his chest was a collection of burns and raw flesh. He wasn't going to be flying again for awhile. Was there a medic in here somewhere? 

Xara is dropping down from directly above A.D in an attempt to land on his back and impale him. If he flies vertically, she's going to land on him and do even more damage due to the additional force of A.D moving upwards. 

As such, Xara's lightning bolts would've been direct hits as well. 

17057622016_217bc1eeca_z.jpg

You're falling on a character who is moving fast, ----> >>>>>>, trying to get away from you. 

Granted, that description wasn't the best. I suppose I should edit to fix.

And I missed that post for some reason. I don't know how. 

Edited by fishers64

Except Xara was flying at speed, and only came out of flight mode to drop the last couple of bio, so her speed wouldn't be reduced that much. And your post explicitly states A.D flew near-vertically to escape. 

IC(A.D.): There was no space to dodge, so A.D. just blasted fire right at the lightning bolt, and allowed himself to fall backward off the catwalk, turning in a great amount of strength so his wings were upright. He was much lower than Xara now...and if his chest was badly burned by lightning, he wasn't paying attention. 

Also, this post mentions nothing about him moving fast. It sounds more like he's hovering. 

OOC: Did the Enforcer or Ten or both just attack A.D.? He's standing on a catwalk right now. 

Except, he isn't, because you still haven't properly responded to the Xara post. I think we're basically all just retconning the A.D posts that followed until this issue is dealt with. 

Edited by Locus