Bionifight Infinite Discussion

Voltex

- will edit this post in like five minutes with something important -

Edited by Chro, Apr 06 2015 - 09:29 PM.

You lied to us. 

How could you do this? 

We trusted you!

In order to minimize issues related to inactive players and characters, a new rule is now in place whereby if a character does not have an IC post within 48 hours before the start of the round, that character will be automatically opted out and will still lose a life as normal.

Obviously there are exceptions; if, for some reason, you are waiting for a post from someone else for 48 hours (ergo inactivity is not your fault), please explain the situation here.

On a more serious note, wouldn't it be easier to just ask players to list which of their characters will be participating in the round here in this topic before the round starts? 

This way you know which players will be active as well. 

I have numerous characters, some of which I've allowed to temporarily go idle so I can focus on others who are in the middle of large or fast-moving interactions. This doesn't necessarily mean I don't intend to use those characters in the next round, and it's somewhat unfair if one of those was forcibly opted out simply because I haven't posted as them recently. 

So yeah, none of my currently approved characters:  XaraDayethThe WyrmThe PuppetmasterAlisa DareSnarl, and Terry will be opting out of this round. 

If I'm unable to keep up with them all I may decide to do otherwise in future. 

Edited by Locus
  • Upvote 1

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I had intended to introduce Venix in the round start, myself, which is why she hasn't had a post yet. I'm not going to opt anyone out, but Halken and Xaeraz are unavailable for the round due to gem quests.

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

In theory, this seems like a good idea to make sure everyone gets their characters in. But what about the newer people who might miss the announcement? We'll have a hundred posts in here with people declaring who's in, and a few frustrated players who didn't notice they were supposed to do that, or didn't sign on soon enough to do so. I think it would be best to stick with "posted in last 48 hours, or otherwise indicated."

But if we are doing it, VirseArkrax, Lady Dajik, and Thaera are all in. Kopen and Mirror are currently on Gem Quests and cannot participate. This should be fun...

Edited by Click
  • Upvote 1

I suppose it also works for you to mention here whether or not you're going to opt anyone out; thanks!

We trusted you!

That was your first mistake

Edited by Chro

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

None of my Characters will be opting out. I've got 2 new ones ready to show their skills, And another returning fighter ready to not get brutally owned within the first 3 pages.

I've been waiting all week for this!

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

(I'll do this eventually, I swear...)

My BZPRPG Characters

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Kol Arsenal Swarm Amalgamation

Skyrise Characters: Zavon

New mech profile. Disregard the old one.

Mech Name: Combat Hybrid Movement Exosuit Type 3 (CHME-03)

Pilot Name: Sudrec

Power/Weapon 1: Hybrid Locomotion: the CHME is designed to be able to rapidly shift between different modes of locomotion. They are:

• Landspinners: by dropping the mech's landspinners, the CHME can essentially roller skate its way over smooth terrain. This allows for very fast movement.
  • Bipedal walking: when the landspinners are raised, the mech can walk, run, and jump like a normal person. Generally, this mode of locomotion is much slower than the Landspinners, but is more controllable.
  • Insect form: by dropping down onto all fours, the mech can assume a stabler form of motion as well as reduce it's vertical target size. However, the hands are restricted from use in this form (due to being used to support the weight of the mech).
Due to the ability of the CHME's servomotors and the mech's light weight, it can transition between these three modes seamlessly and very rapidly; the only limits to its ability are the pilot's skill.

Power/Weapon 2: 30mm Assault Rifle: can be used handheld or mounted to the side of the cockpit for use as a shoulder cannon (very useful in insect form). Ammo capacity of 30 bullets, 10 magazines; total ammo count of 300 rounds. Fire rate of 5 rounds per second (300 per minute)

Power/Weapon 3: a pair metal tonfa with retractable metal spikes on the long end. Usually stowed on the CHME's forearms, they can be unhooked and gripped in the mech's hands for combat.

Appearance: while the basic frame of the mech greatly resembles the W0X Alexander, much of the mech's aesthetic design bears similarities to the Baterra. Think a Baterra with a KMF's body shape.

Other: CHME's onboard computers are run by an AI dubbed the Combat Exosuit Fly-By-Wire Intelligence (CEFBWI). While the AI is technically sapient and can communicate with both Sudrec and beings outside the robot through loudspeaker, it is shackled so that its functionality is limited to running the background process of the mech, such as balance adjustments, aim assist, walking, etc. While in theory the AI could override Sudrec's input and direct the robot itself, the shackles on it places by the Bionifight staff prevent it from doing so. (Basically, it's JARVIS).

As a tradeoff for its speed, the CHME is not the most well armored, being designed for either avoiding enemy blows and fire or overwhelming them with sheer speed before they can respond.

Basic control scheme of CHME can be found here; piloting manual here. (while the mech is not based off of Gundam, the general principles of piloting are the same.

Edited by One-Eyed Construct

We trusted you!

That was your first mistake

I've made more mistakes than I can count; this is hardly my first. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I'm going to let this one fly, and complete the "four characters" trope that I seem to have going on across writings. 

Name: Fishers
Species: Ko-Matoran
Power/Weapon 1: Resistance to cold. If an ice Toa attacks her, fishers will likely shrug it off, unless completely frozen.
Power/Weapon 2: A fishing pole. With hooks and line. Made of steel, it is suitable for stabbing unarmored areas, tangling up enemies with its hooks, and murdering small aquatic lifeforms. 
Power/Weapon 3: A shotgun. 

Apparance: White body, dark blue Kualsi. 

Bio: fishers64 has been a humble inhabitant of an old fishing town on the coast of Spherus Magna for some time. The place is fairly bustling with Agori and Matoran traders on a good day - which means plenty of darker elements hanging around, especially for the young female Agori of the town. Plenty of said darker elements have received their end at the hands of the old fisherwoman's shotgun, however, making the vigilante somewhat of a mama-bear legend. 

The only thing she can conclude was the Bionifight organizers figured out about her secret life. But how, she has no idea. 

Personality/Other: Like any crazy fisherwoman, fishers will always be happy to tell you a good story. Or tell you the probability of the fish biting that day. Or comment on the local weather. Or just to waste time talking. 

Repost repost.

fishers64 not approved on account of the name. I need to see an actual reason for why this Matoran's name both lacks a capital letter at the beginning and has numbers at the end.

I'm just going to scrap both. I'll probably write IC(fishers): though. 

The lowercase letter is a stylistic choice, in that case. Reposting for approval. 

Naona's definitely going to be participating.

Also, thanks to some talking out and the like-

Name: Naona
Species: Toa
Power/Weapon 1: Mask of Laser Vision
Power/Weapon 2: Elemental Power of Stone
Power/Weapon 3: Beautiful Staff (Can generate explosions)

Appearance: Compared to his fellow Stone Toa compatriots, Naona is slightly shorter than the average, and possesses a build that is both rather sleek and seemingly-built for the purpose of speed. His armour is lightly scarred and dull from his duties as an officer of the law in the desolate lower half of the once-proud Midnight City, and time and time again he has failed to properly keep it well-polished. It is fortunate however, that his body consists mostly of brown colours (excepting his heavily silver arms, one of which is heavily armoured and hides a compartment), as the dirt and grime is harder to see upon his armour, whether it be the dark brown of his mask and gauntleted hands or the lighter browns of the rest of his body. Also in his possession is a black telescopic visor, one that can be easily attached to his mask so that he can see further through his golden eyes. He wears a belt around his waist, which allows for him to carry necessities as well as his police badge and identification.

Bio: Midnight City. Once a beacon of hope, a shining light of technological advancement and peace that stood testament to the enlightenment of its varied inhabitants, whether they be Glatorian, Matoran, Vortixx, Steltian or any of the other biomechanical races that had spread themselves across the stars. It was an utopia ... or at least, it seemed to be. The rapid growth of the city was unregulated, without direction, and soon a growing wide emerged between the hyper-wealthy who lived amongst the stars in their high-rises and the poorer unfortunates who were cast into the darkness below, forever living in the shadows of the buildings they once helped construct. Yet there was a tentative peace between the two groups, with only small conflicts arising throughout the years.

Then they came. Beasts of shadows that defied logic, stealing away citizens from the dark Undercity with only rumours in their wake. Those who lived above soon took action, sending Vahki and soldiers down to combat this threat, but the creatures simply increased in number. Already a shambling, corrupt mess before, the residents below would find their worlds transformed into an absolute warzone, with the decadent forces of the Upper City clashing against the mysterious foes that may have sought to destroy their dystopic world.

And it was in this warzone that Naona was born.

His earliest memories are of a garbage bin, of alleyway squalor and months-old food. He remembered nothing of his past, with nothing but a name and a once-beautiful staff, dulled from aeons of conflict, to guide his way. He did not know whether Naona was his true name or not (he suspects it may not, though he does understand that he seems feminine enough to deserve such a name), but still took to the streets with it to assist him in finding his purpose in life, to know who and what he was. His heart burned with justice, and soon he became a vigilante, fighting what he perceived as evil and protecting the unfortunate souls of his home.

It is a chaotic world he has found himself in, but Naona knows that he will fight to bring it to order, and has joined the corrupt Police to reform it into a true organization of justice.

Personality: Though usually reserved and quiet in demeanour, Naona exudes a sense of pure dedication to justice, forever working to ensure that there is order and peace so that the citizens of his city, even to a point that could be described as obsessive. Protecting the innocent is the driving force behind his very existence, and no matter how much harm he takes in the pursuit of this goal, he will still soldier on, for there is little that can compare to his devotion to such a concept. Indeed, he is an incredibly intense man, though also especially noble and in possession of a warmth that is usually not found in such dedicated warriors of justice. He is also a skilled administrator, having taken up certain leadership roles in the past.

Yet he can be rather reckless in regards to his pursuit of criminals, sometimes bringing about a certain amount of collateral damage when dealing with those who seek to escape the grasp of the law. His passions burn incredibly brightly, a scorching flame in the midst of many who pay only lip-service to justice, so this intensity can be quite overbearing as well. His recklessness is sometimes worsened when in sleep-deprivation, a state which the officer can find himself in frequently thanks to his constant work, and can prove to be rather dangerous indeed. He does however take responsibility for every single one of his actions, and will seek to repent and redeem himself through rectifying his mistakes if possible.

As a person, the Toa of Stone can be quite amicable, though the constant professionalism can be quite difficult to adapt to. He enjoys theatre, science fiction and Akilini in his (admittedly little) spare time, and will be perfectly willing to talk about any of his interests if others wish to. And yes, he knows that his name is feminine. It does not bother him. Despite suffering from some of his own issues (such as the question of his identity), Naona will always try and help in times of need, serving as a rock for others to brace their lives against.

Because he will make sure that his people live to smile another day.

• Upvote 2

Naona's definitely going to be participating.

Also, thanks to some talking out and the like-

Name: Naona

Species: Toa

Power/Weapon 1: Mask of Laser Vision

Power/Weapon 2: Elemental Power of Stone

Power/Weapon 3: Beautiful Staff (Can generate explosions)

Appearance: Compared to his fellow Stone Toa compatriots, Naona is slightly shorter than the average, and possesses a build that is both rather sleek and seemingly-built for the purpose of speed. His armour is lightly scarred and dull from his duties as an officer of the law in the desolate lower half of the once-proud Midnight City, and time and time again he has failed to properly keep it well-polished. It is fortunate however, that his body consists mostly of brown colours (excepting his heavily silver arms, one of which is heavily armoured and hides a compartment), as the dirt and grime is harder to see upon his armour, whether it be the dark brown of his mask and gauntleted hands or the lighter browns of the rest of his body. Also in his possession is a black telescopic visor, one that can be easily attached to his mask so that he can see further through his golden eyes. He wears a belt around his waist, which allows for him to carry necessities as well as his police badge and identification.

Bio: Midnight City. Once a beacon of hope, a shining light of technological advancement and peace that stood testament to the enlightenment of its varied inhabitants, whether they be Glatorian, Matoran, Vortixx, Steltian or any of the other biomechanical races that had spread themselves across the stars. It was an utopia ... or at least, it seemed to be. The rapid growth of the city was unregulated, without direction, and soon a growing wide emerged between the hyper-wealthy who lived amongst the stars in their high-rises and the poorer unfortunates who were cast into the darkness below, forever living in the shadows of the buildings they once helped construct. Yet there was a tentative peace between the two groups, with only small conflicts arising throughout the years.

Then they came. Beasts of shadows that defied logic, stealing away citizens from the dark Undercity with only rumours in their wake. Those who lived above soon took action, sending Vahki and soldiers down to combat this threat, but the creatures simply increased in number. Already a shambling, corrupt mess before, the residents below would find their worlds transformed into an absolute warzone, with the decadent forces of the Upper City clashing against the mysterious foes that may have sought to destroy their dystopic world.

And it was in this warzone that Naona was born.

His earliest memories are of a garbage bin, of alleyway squalor and months-old food. He remembered nothing of his past, with nothing but a name and a once-beautiful staff, dulled from aeons of conflict, to guide his way. He did not know whether Naona was his true name or not (he suspects it may not, though he does understand that he seems feminine enough to deserve such a name), but still took to the streets with it to assist him in finding his purpose in life, to know who and what he was. His heart burned with justice, and soon he became a vigilante, fighting what he perceived as evil and protecting the unfortunate souls of his home.

It is a chaotic world he has found himself in, but Naona knows that he will fight to bring it to order, and has joined the corrupt Police to reform it into a true organization of justice.

Personality: Though usually reserved and quiet in demeanour, Naona exudes a sense of pure dedication to justice, forever working to ensure that there is order and peace so that the citizens of his city, even to a point that could be described as obsessive. Protecting the innocent is the driving force behind his very existence, and no matter how much harm he takes in the pursuit of this goal, he will still soldier on, for there is little that can compare to his devotion to such a concept. Indeed, he is an incredibly intense man, though also especially noble and in possession of a warmth that is usually not found in such dedicated warriors of justice. He is also a skilled administrator, having taken up certain leadership roles in the past.

Yet he can be rather reckless in regards to his pursuit of criminals, sometimes bringing about a certain amount of collateral damage when dealing with those who seek to escape the grasp of the law. His passions burn incredibly brightly, a scorching flame in the midst of many who pay only lip-service to justice, so this intensity can be quite overbearing as well. His recklessness is sometimes worsened when in sleep-deprivation, a state which the officer can find himself in frequently thanks to his constant work, and can prove to be rather dangerous indeed. He does however take responsibility for every single one of his actions, and will seek to repent and redeem himself through rectifying his mistakes if possible.

As a person, the Toa of Stone can be quite amicable, though the constant professionalism can be quite difficult to adapt to. He enjoys theatre, science fiction and Akilini in his (admittedly little) spare time, and will be perfectly willing to talk about any of his interests if others wish to. And yes, he knows that his name is feminine. It does not bother him. Despite suffering from some of his own issues (such as the question of his identity), Naona will always try and help in times of need, serving as a rock for others to brace their lives against.

Because he will make sure that his people live to smile another day.

Approved. For multiversal characters such as this one, it has been deciding that the bar is going to be set higher; both versions of the character will have to be suitably different in terms of backstory and personality, as well as powers (should you choose to do so). While different versions of the same character will always have similarities, there should still be obvious differences between the two. 

Basically: you need to have a reason for why you want multiple of the same character, versus just slapping a new name onto a new profile. As such, as I stated above, the bar is higher with multiversal characters. For now, I'm going to limit them to two per player; I do not intend for this to be permanent, but merely to give us time to make sure that having multiversal characters is not going to confuse too many players (which I don't believe shall be an issue, but I would rather be safe than sorry in this regard). 

Anyway, there you go. Round 3 will begin later today whenever Chro has time to get online.

• Upvote 3

Before the round starts there will be a brief Host post (maybe I'll incorporate it into the R3 start post rather than making it its own?) with the Host OK'ing unapproved gems.

Unless the Med Bay auto-heals wounds straight away, Vorzin and Haarnak are completely out of action and so they won't be fighting. If they have been magically healed and are good to go, then they're in. CinS, Miras and Arkie are all in for sure.

It does auto-heal injuries that are... inconvenient to repair normally.

(I'm still going to dominate you all)

lol

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

So it wasn't just me who wasn't allowed into the forums yesterday. Good to know.

Ravyn and Amorigiahna will both be competing. Tarsus is currently undecided due to training with Skrall.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Von Worten will obviously be unable to going the round due to being on a gem quest, and Daedalus... well, I think I might pick him back up, just to have something to do in the rounds, so he will fight in the round.

My epic: For Them (Review Topic)

BZPRPG: Trauer and Faora

Bionifight Ultimate: Daedalus Drachoren and Von Worten Undtränen

The Elder Scrolls: Ashfall: K'Larn