BIONIFIGHT INFINITE

Voltex

IC: Skull Carrier - Commercial Sector - Spindle's Face-hugging adventure! Part 4

Spindle sighed in relief, then instantly he hid in the mask display as the shopkeeper was currently hiding behind said display, bemoaning the loss of a perfectly good mask (and his fingers along with it). (The strike through portion of this post is only confirmed if the GM allows it)

Edited by Drakua Toa of Rahi

waffleman2010.png

*Click Banner to go to the Sikza Spriting Kit topic

IC: Lady Dajik - Commercial Sector

She opened her mouth to respond, but never got the chance. Shots were going off across the dining room. Nothing to be overly concerned about, but it never hurt to be prepared. Before the first echoes had silenced, the Lady Dajik was on her feet with pistol ready to fire. Then her powers cut off. The pressure vanished from her gun. Not even her mask was working. She gave a rather unladylike snarl as she searched for the cause. That would prove... difficult to counter. Not impossible, mind you, just difficult.

Just some large being who had come to break up the fight. How... distasteful. She holstered her gun and took a seat once more. It was nothing to worry about, for now.

"Toa of... Plague, you say? How interesting..." her voice flowed smoothly once more as if that disturbance had never happened.

IC: Mirror - Gem of ??? Tunnel

"...good to hear," Mirror replied to Ilyin. The attempted reassurance did little for his already shaken nerves. "Come on then," he called before anything else could happen. Without another word, he dove into the dark passageway, only realizing halfway in that maybe Langmuir should go first...

IC: Kuro and Prose/Gem of ???, Electric Web Mk. II

Kuro sat down in front of their second obstacle, and began observing, finding it much easier to find a path through it, and found a few open spaces enough for the person going through to take a break. Kuro decided that they would go one at a time, and whoever went first would throw the sword back through the web, which they should've done earlier. He looked to Prose.

"You wanna go first?"

IC: Halken gestured to the tunnel before them with a bow and a grin, saying, "You first, my good sir! As the one who should bear the torch, it is only fitting you lead the way. Worry not, however, for I shall fend off any dangers we may find that you are not able to overcome yourself!"

IC: Fia slid into the training Sector with a screech and a small shower of sparks, leaving a pair of light scratch marks where her blades had sliced through the flooring. She glanced around the room, finding Hound talking to a large brown toa whose name escaped her. Her blades became boots and she tromped over, folding her arms a short distance away to listen to their conversation.

IC: "Oh, a miner? My world mechanized that a while ago," Riss said, as if it was nothing. "They mechanized a lot of things, actually, which frees up a lot of us to do other things like make music and things! i don't pretend to understand it, really. I'm not that smart, after all."

Edited by This Is Spinal Thirst

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

IC: Lytrel

As Xaeraz departed, Lytrel stood still, staring at the ground, before shuffling away at a snail's pace, hand on the wall.

IC: Minami

"... It's a long story, but it involves a vault, a piece of ancient technology that didn't come with an instruction manual, and an overly curious Dasaka."

"... Which was myself."

GM IC: QUEEN + KOPEN

The Queen walked alongside Kopen as they entered the maze, slowly extending her mind out to the Matoran and recreating the shield for the two of them.

Until we reach our first challenge - assuming that there are any - now would be an excellent time for me to answer any questions you might have, the Queen said. I may not be able to answer all, but I shall do my best.

GM IC: XAERAZ + LYTREL

As Xaeraz and Lytrel continued into the maze, the image of the golden armored being flickered out of view.

Who to visit next? 

GM IC: THE SHOPKEEPER - COMMERCIAL SECTOR

The Shopkeeper nodded to Lady Bajets as she hid with him. The fat Po-Matoran was munching on a slice of pizza held in his left hand. In his right hand he held the pizza box, where seven more slices could be seen.

"Doin' alrigh'?" he asked. "Rather unfortunate, eh? Good thin' the Enforcer's aroun' or I might'a had ta bust out me backpack. What's your name?"

"What does one do with the power of plagues?" she asked casually. Any scrap of information, on potential enemies or allies, would be useful here.

IC: Minami

"... It gives me the power to create and control these... Spores. Anthrax, I think they were." Minami paused for a second. "It was a originally a biological weapon created by my clan for depopulation purposes against our enemies. If the spores get into somebody's bloodstream, either through inhalation, ingestion, or direct entry, symptoms rapidly follow. Pneumonia, skin rash, GI tract malfunction... The more spores I unload on a person the more severe the symptoms become."

IC Ezezko - Goldie's Labyrinth

[so... think we should jump in?]

IC Langmuir - The Pit

I follow behind Mirror. "Sorry if I snapped at you back there. This place has me on edge," I didn't want to scare him. So I left out my suspicions that this whole place was cursed in some way. "Well, this place and the stupid matoran."

Wasn't Ilyin a girls name anyways?

IC: Xara - Training Sector.

"Can I help you?" I glowered at the being who seemed to be staring fixedly at Kat and me. "You never seen a Rahkshi before?"

IC Maccha Yellow! - Training Sector

"Yes, I have in fact! But never a pair as good looking as you two. May I ask where you acquired your costumes?"

...but close to it

"What.... costumes....?" 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

The smallest hint of a smile flickered at the edges of The Lady Dajik's mouth. That sounded useful. The time that such a weapon could have saved her was startling. "Interesting," she purred. "It's a shame such a Vault has not been discovered in my world. We're stuck with mere trifles like... smoke." She twirled her hand in the air, but the elemental inhibiting field seemed to still be active. It was growing a little difficult to breath. Her words were becoming harsh and raspy, though she tried to maintain her silky host voice.

IC: Kopen - Queen's Tunnel

The familiar mental presence was a harsh reminder of what she was doing. It was the same mind that had left her crippled in a bed. The same that had forced her to come on this ridiculous quest. The same that carried the mental command to throw her into the pool. Yet it was also perhaps her only defense against something far worse. Her opinions on the Queen were... mixed at the moment, to say the least.

"Okay," she mumbled. "How much danger do you think we're in? Is it at all likely that we can find the others and get out of here alive? And... what is that voice that keeps... breaking into our minds? Is that the... Gem?"

"I... I think I know... what you mean," Mirror said slowly. Something didn't feel right about this place. He felt as if death waited around every turn. The thought was petrifying to his already panicked mind. "He's... only trying to help though."

"I'm not wearing a costume...." 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

"Are you some non union bloke, then? Kraata haven't worked on interspecies shows for several decades due to labour disputes. Were you cleared for this, or are you working for scale? Because I'd hate to see this place hit with a lawsuit. It's great!"

...but close to it

I gave the strange being a blank look. "Are you feeling okay?" 

IC: "Oh, a miner? My world mechanized that a while ago," Riss said, as if it was nothing. "They mechanized a lot of things, actually, which frees up a lot of us to do other things like make music and things! i don't pretend to understand it, really. I'm not that smart, after all."

IC(Ismekne): Ismekne nodded. It didn't quite make sense, but it was okay to go with it for now. "I don't understand universal mechanics either. I'm pretty sure there were no physicists summoned for this tournament."

That was when Ismekne heard the sound of explosions. 

IC(Kalatin): Kalatin covered his ears with a tentacle. The terrible sound of explosions hit his ears. Even when we fought the Great Beings, we didn't have to resort to...he didn't finish, heading toward the Commercial Sector. As he did, he tried to send a message on ahead to those in distress. It's going to be okay. I'm coming. 

IC(A.D.): The dragon ducked down out of view. He did NOT want to be seen be the Enforcer.

"Then why are you prattling on about lawsuits and karz like that?" 

GM IC: QUEEN + KOPEN

I think we are in grave danger - far more than I had anticipated, and I was a fool to not expect this, the Queen replied. If every member of our quest returns alive, I shall be very surprised. I would expect-

The Queen broke off, as Kopen asked her final question. The Matoran would feel the Queen's worry rising.

I... I do not think so, the Queen said. We have seen nothing so far that would... indicate that Infinite Gems can take on a life of their own. That they could become self-aware. No, it is merely someone abusing the gem... although that is not much better.

• Upvote 2

IC: Xaeraz continued his march in silence, plans swirling in his head for how he could deal with Lytrel, should the need arise. There were a couple plans in his head, but he had no idea what powers his ally had, if any. If that mask Lytrel wore had a power like Strength or Stealth, Xaeraz knew he was dead if he tried anything that wouldn't instantly take Lytrel out. No, he would wait before doing what he could to handle the traitor.

IC: Riss immediately clamped her hands over her ears as soon as the first explosion erupted in the food court. A cry of pain burst from her mouth anyway as more shattered the air and roared in her head. She fell to her knees and tried her best to block out the noise until it stopped, leaving Riss with weeping eyes and the sound of innocent matoran crying in pain in her ears.

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

You were growing quite cross with the uncouth slug. "I am not prattling on, I'm explaining the economical and social situation of our kind of business and market! You slugs were the cause of the crash and I'll be karzed if you think you can just waltz into a unionized production like this!"

Edited by Tiragath

...but close to it

Slug? I resisted the urge to skewer this idiot where he stood. "What production? What are you talking about?" 

You flung your hands to one of the treadmill areas, screens lined the walls. "This whole tournament is a production. A show, fake. Whatever you want to call it. You can watch the matches from a spectator's-eye view in the library or on one of those screens."

...but close to it

"You...." I shook my head at the deluded fool, "....are an idiot." I pointed at the cameras on the wall. "Yes, it's a show, but no, it isn't fake. We really are prisoners here, and people really have died. If you're too stupid to realise that, then you'll probably be next." 

You almost laughed, had this rahkshi never heard of stunts? "People don't die in the arena, it's all stunt work and special effects. People have been hurt off set, yeah. But they got medical care promptly. No one has died, our directors don't seem that careless." As for the prisoners part, was it really surprising? "And for the 'prisoners' comment, if they let people leave the studio, they could spoil things. That's why we're kept here."

Well, that was your best guess anyways.

Edited by Tiragath

...but close to it

"The Host karzing murdered someone in the Commercial Sector just a few hours ago!" I all but snarled at him, "There are no stunts, no special effects, no directors and no behind the scenes. This is real." 

You shift to a rather defiant, 'you're acting crazy' stance. "I don't know how good your view from in there is, but we're behind the scenes right now. And the Host and Queen are quite obviously the directors here. If you're feeling creatively spurned or ignored, you ought take it up with them."

IC Langmuir - The Pit                                             (stupid and ugly)

Mirror was right, why was I placing blame with the fe-matoran? "You're right," I sighed. "I suppose it's just stress from his place wearing on me, I worry about things left behind and now in a dark, dreary hole like this, I can't help but vent." I put on a reassuring look, "I'll be, no, we'll be fine. Mirror, let's keep moving forward."

Edited by Tiragath

...but close to it

"Behind the scenes?" I stared at him blankly, "There are no scenes! This is all real!" My hands were clenched into fists at my sides, claws digging into my palms. I could feel small flickers of lightning dancing across my armour as my frustration threatened to explode to the surface.

"What's it going to take to convince you to face facts?" 

OOC: Meanwhile, in the Commercial Sector....

IC: "Medic!" Kale called out once again as he moved to staunch the flow of blood. "Anyone with healing powers or any sort of medical knowledge needs to get over here now or we are going to start losing lives. Focus on stabilizing wounded for movement to the medical center for proper treatment. Let the Enforcer deal with the ones who started this."

His voice rang out through the sector as he fell back into familiar patterns of behavior. Take stock of the situation, assess and distribute resources to save those who could be saved, and mourn those that could be not when the lives of others did not hang in the balance.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Yikes, this one took her work seriously. She reminded you a little bit of Blue... You raise your hands in a placating gesture. "Woah, there, I'm not trying to doubt the validity or professionalism of your work. I can see you're quite the accomplished method actress! But, I stand firm in my insistence that I am stating the facts here, no truths are being glossed over."

In an attempt to change the discussion to a friendlier track, you thumbed at a near by sparring ring. "You seem tense, nothing helps me unwind like sparring practice!"

...but close to it

"Actress?" I exploded, "I'm not an....." I broke off, a sly smile creeping onto my face. "A spar? Sure...." 

IC: Kopen - Queen's Tunnel

She had very few reasons to mourn most of the company. So many of them hadn't even bothered to speak to her, leaving her to guess their feelings. Lytrel was just annoying with his whining and talk of heroics. She had enough reasons to hate Ezezko before they came down here. Then there was her. The one who had forced her into a suicide mission just because she stood up for herself against some bully.

It was only for Xaeraz that she felt any concern. She had met so few people like him. He was too nice to be stuck down here in this mental Karzahni. What was he even doing in this tournament...

The mental protection became tinged with worry as the Queen answered her final question. The words didn't sound very convincing. "So... all I have to do is run up and grab it when... whatever it is isn't looking?" she asked doubtfully. No, it wouldn't be that easy. Especially if her foe and her prize were one and the same...

She tried to push such worrying thoughts from her mind. "What... do you think it could be like then?" she whispered.

Mirror just nodded slowly. He wasn't sure if he was supposed to ask about these "things left behind," so he kept quiet.

As the light of their half-torch pushed into the darkness, if anything, Mirror's pace seemed to decrease. His eyes strained at the borders of the light, searching for any kind of danger. What was lying in wait for them?

Some fool was among the wounded, calling for help. The Lady Dajik pretended not to hear his cries, and instead focused on her conversation partner.

What had happened to that Skakdi?

IC: Dayeth - Commercial Sector.

"Those robots need to be shut down," Dayeth spat, overhearing the question. Knowing that without her powers her axe would do little good agaisnt the machines, she glared expectantly at the Enforcer. "Permanently." 

IC:

"I am not sure it's as malicious as that." Uri commented, glancing about his surroundings idly. "You would have seen the same video as I did when I arrived. The organizers seem very, very out of touch, but not outright malevolent. If they were, their scope could be so much broader. With this technology, the technology to get us all here, why limit yourself?"

"Twisted though it may be, I think they sincerely wish to run a tournament."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Riss immediately clamped her hands over her ears as soon as the first explosion erupted in the food court. A cry of pain burst from her mouth anyway as more shattered the air and roared in her head. She fell to her knees and tried her best to block out the noise until it stopped, leaving Riss with weeping eyes and the sound of innocent matoran crying in pain in her ears.

IC(Ismekne): Ismekne gritted her teeth. Two thoughts burst on her consciousness - first, an strong compunction to find whoever was causing the explosions and take them out. The second thought was that the Toa in front of her had a sensitivity to loud sound, which could be a liability.

The Toa rapidly dismissed both thoughts, as neither one would quite serve. If the cause of the explosion was internal, the Enforcer would deal with it. If it was external...Then it would probably have something other than loud sound as its herald. The second thought wasn't useful for this conversation at all. But how does she sing...if she sings too loudly, or if the crowd applauds too much, she could fall down in the middle of a performance. 

So instead Ismekne merely waited for the person in front of her to recover.

IC(Kalatin): "Medic!" someone shouted. Kalatin looked around at the injured Matoran, two vicious-looking robots, and a big white and gold figure yelling for help. A big green and white figure stood in front of said robots. Kalatin shuddered. His kind had to fight Great Being robots before. That had been terrible, because psionic powers didn't work on them as well as regular beings. He got the sense that the green-and-white being had this under control - his mind radiated confidence.

The gelatin began using some gentle telekinesis to move some of the injured away from the fight. He didn't want to use his tentacles to avoid scaring them, as they were already frightened terribly.

IC(A.D.): Keeping his head down and his wings folded, the dragon moved as quickly as he could toward the exit.   

IC: Riss groaned and pulled herself back to her feet, using her mic stand to steady herself and wiping the tears away with one hand. A million thoughts and explanations flooded her mind as she opened her mouth to say something, anything, to Ismekne, but then one sound cut through the mess of noise she heard from the Commercial sector. She focused on it for a second, ignoring the ringing in her ears and trying to not seem too rude as

"-ne with healing powers or any sort of medical knowledge needs to get over here now or we are going to start losing lives. Focus on stabilizing wounded for movement to the medical center for proper treatment. Let the Enforcer deal with the ones who started this."

"No time to explain, we need to get to the commercial sector now! Come on!" Riss said, wincing slightly as her own voice assailed her still-tender ears. Without waiting, she turn and bolted into the hallway, focusing all her attention not devoted to running to keeping the noise from getting too overwhelming instead.

All are not the same

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

OOC

(Assuming people are still taking potshots at one another)

IC-Ignis

As soon as the firefight started, Ignis retreated to behind an overturned table, watching the fight unfold in front of him. Every molecule in his body was itching to get into the action, but he knew that It wasn't time to show his skills right now, as Round 3 would begin soon, hopefully. He hoped that Toa of Dance made it out safely...

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

(I'll do this eventually, I swear...)

My BZPRPG Characters

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Kol Arsenal Swarm Amalgamation

Skyrise Characters: Zavon

You clap, "yes, a spar!" Walking the short distance to a nearby ring, you unbuckle your sword and sheath, hanging them from one of the ring's corner posts. "So, what say you to a no weaponry or powers match? I will warn you in advance I was trained in hand to hand combat by one of your kind, an old elastirahk in fact! So don't think it a handicap match of any sort." You do your best to speak jovially.

...but close to it