BIONIFIGHT INFINITE

Voltex

Sandalphon--Knowledge Center

IC: Well, I'm pretty sure those four hours or so I just sunk into the Library were well spent.

Now I know why I'm here, what this whole shebang is, and that I don't like being part of it one bit, but unfortunately have no real way out short of maybe dying.

Stellar. Ab-so-lute-ly stellar. I looked down upon the tome I had just finished poring over, aptly titled Bionifight For Dummies

Fact of the matter was, simply sitting here and getting worked up over the whole thing wouldn't get me anywhere. Only way out's to get through it. And that meant putting in the work.

Sharply snapping the seventh scintillating (said sarcastically) scripture shut, I stood, striding sourly over to the shelf, still somewhat simmering since I was sentenced to stay supine if I sought my own salvation. Saying it simply, I was stuck.

Holy alliterations batman, I just said those sentences. Take note, people. This is how bored a man gets when he forces himself through research he ends up learning he really didn't want to do. I really needed a nap or something to process this. Four hours of self-imposed infodump is enough for me for a couple of days, thanks.

Stretching and stifling a yawn, I took my prompt leave, ready to take my mind off of all that and let the brain sort it out on its own.

OOC: Sandy open to talking and all that good nonsense

helo frens

IC: Dayeth - Commercial Sector. 

"Why don't we just break its limbs?" she suggested, "that way it couldn't follow us even if it tried to."

__________________________________________________________________________________

IC: The Puppetmaster - Commercial Sector.

My passage requires a herald? He did his best not to laugh as he got up and followed the duo. Sooner or later, Tuyetkhamun was going to have to face the harsh truth: she wasn't the queen here. He just hoped he was there to see it. 

__________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Alisa Dare - Upper Hallway.

"Ice is a Rahkshi power in my world," she replied, suppressing a shudder, "our Toa each have powers unique to them." 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Nisaduf (Dark Tunnel)

"Ew," Nisa muttered, her voice coming from just behind the two Toa. Artorre had slowed her down, at least, and as such she was happily in the middle for now.

Even while they walked, she was prepping the Illusion of Greatness for its first real run, sending bits of the swarm around to surround the group, not doing anything other than silently hovering along, a few landing on each member of the group if possible -the flames around the Fire Protector made that tough-  and in general the machine was preparing itself to do something. What, exactly, she would do Nisa wasn't yet sure of, but it would come to her. 

IC: Bajets (Food Court)

"The style, the glamour, and perhaps reading books as well," Bajets half-teased back, smiling slyly and shyly at Tirkah as she pulled back a little, stretching. 

"So.. What do you plan to do here, good sir?" She said, leaning forward again with a glint in her eye and easy grin on her face. Ugh, she hated playing up her feminine side sometimes, but it was all for a good cause. 

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

IC Lefia: 

Having had nothing better to do, Lefia had followed Jorth and Alisa. Listening to them talk, she greedily eyed Jorth's coat. That looked warm

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

IC: Fia grunted and reattached her boot, tromping out of the cafeteria and into the hallway without waiting for any of her "allies." As little as she was enjoying her employment and the imperious tone of her "Boss," she had to admit, they could come in handy later...

IC: "I would argue Ilyin and I should take it," Halken said as plainly as he could. "Unless his mighty facial hair can ignite with the flame of a burning Kofo Jaga, we are without any source of light! Langmuir, you can create more sparking blades easily, no?"

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

IC - Ilyin:

"That was my thought as well, but I figured I'd at least try and be polite," I said, in addition to what Halken said. "Although who knows. Maybe we'll run into a light source soon and Langmuir's sparklers will prove useless wherever you two go."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC - Artorre (Tunnel - Gem of ???):

As Artorre slowly but surely worked his way along the right-hand side of the cave, a thought occurred to him. Holding his still-lit sword out in front of him, he sent a sheet of flame rolling outward over the floor in front of him. By guiding it downward as far as it would go, he would be able to detect any pitfalls or sudden dips in the floor of the cave. By expanding it outwards in a fan-like shape, he would be able to detect any objects in the cave. The object he was hoping to find was, of course, a pedestal like the one that had held the Gem of Fire. Though, his intuition told him the group had a ways to go before finding one of those.

-==GEM OF ???==-

As Tahnok closed his fingers around the gem, everything oddly faded out.

When the Tunnel could be seen again; it turned out that, though Werl was in the chamber, the way they came with now sealed off, and a similar entry-way was open. And yet, this one seemed a LOT more dangerous, with pits and spike traps everywhere. But yet, platforms flickered in and out of reality, but were in fact not there.

-==/GEM OF ILLUSIONS\==-

-==GEM OF ???==-

Oh dear. Artorre's scan brought up something... Bad. Nothing could be seen as much as they tried, the flames were extinguished when they reached the bad thing, and the tunnel sealed behind them. But... Artorre discovered a very bad creature of some sort. And it was not looking good for them at all.

IC - Iesua:

Iesua gulped as the tunnel shut behind them, the sound of its shutting being relatively audible. He then cast his eyes forward - to no avail, given his inability to see - wondering what one of the others up front had done.

"Hey, tall red guy, did you do something up there in the front?"

profiles i guess

IC: Venga steadily screwed the blade of Diretooth back onto the shaft. Better weight for smashing things.

"Yeah. I figure we could do that."

IC: "See what I mean? Doesn't exist in my world, Rahkshi power in yours. Wierd." Jorth shrugged, not noticing it just made Lefia eye his squidcoat all the more, "If its not too personal a question then, whats your unique power?" He wasn't sure how the etiquette of her world worked, he might have just asked something phenomenally offensive

IC: Ignorant of the silent scorn she was getting from both Fia and Puppetmaster, Tuyetkhamun followed behind her newly-instated herald. Yes, this was more like it, some of the respect she deserved...

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC Langmuir - Two Doors

"My 'sparklers' aren't safe to hold. They'really unpredictable high explosives." I spoke a little derisively. Though, right about now I wouldn't mind handing the matoran with the stupid beard a handful.

Why the karz was he even with us? And what was agitating me so much? The feeling was vaguely worrying. As if passing the wall of darkness had brought me into an aura of preternatural mistrust or irritation.

...but close to it

IC:

"So you desire a sparring match." The warrior stated, partly out of clarification and partly as reiteration of what she had heard. It was not what she had expected when the Enforcer sought her presence, but with the clarity of hindsight it made sense. The Enforcer would no doubt seek out someone roughly their own size, a prerequisite that very few met. Herself among those few, of course. Noroi was quiet a few moments, thinking it over in the confines of her helmet, before taking a few steps onto the sparring floor, turning to face the others.

"Such an activity is acceptable. I am afraid you will not be getting me at my best, but we shall see what I can manage. With or without powers, and how do you wish to call a match?"

IC:

Uri watched Kale depart, nodding slightly at the Av-Toa's retreating back before turning his attention once more to Yoko. Giving a polite smile, he gestured to a collection of chairs and couches near the edge of the room. "Would you like to sit? Very rude of me to keep you standing, after all. Assuming that you would like to keep talking, of course. I understand if you would like to rest."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC - Ilyin:

"Make a bunch of them then," I replied, grunting in annoyance. I try to make one little suggestion and of course he has to react to it like he does. I didn't even say he had to hold on to them. I mean, maybe it was implied by my calling them 'sparklers' but still, maybe he should learn to work on his aural comprehension skills. Nowhere did I suggest he hold them.

Man, this tunnel was weird, y'know that? Making me get annoyed and angry with my teammates and stuff for no reason.

profiles i guess

IC: Skull Carrier - Commercial Sector

"Spiders? What spi- oh, you mean my friends here," One spider sighed audibly. "No, they are no spiders. They are my fellow hunters and warriors." The Okotoan shuffled in his seat into a more comfortable position. "As for, myself, I am as that other character said, I am a native of the island of Okoto, and an experienced warrior myself." He tapped the seat next to him again. "But enough about myself. What about you? I'd love to hear your story."

IC: Tahnok Nuva - Gem of Illusions (how oddly fitting)

He checked his hand for the gem then looked around. It was becoming even clearer to him. Checking over the ledge, he took a tentative step into the air around his own platform, keeping one foot firmly planted to the now isolated patch of ground.

(Edited to be a little more clear as to what he is trying to do)

Edited by Drakua Toa of Rahi

waffleman2010.png

*Click Banner to go to the Sikza Spriting Kit topic

The first thing to run through Artorre's mind was basic, primal fear. This thing he was encountering had extinguished his flames. He stood stock-still for a split second, before Iesua's voice snapped him out of it.

"We've got something bad up ahead!" He shouted back. "Beasty at 11 O'clock, seems to extinguish fire!" He sent another wave of flame at the creature, just to make sure.

-==IC: Enforcer==-

"Without powers. Match is called when we're unable to fight, but non-lethal force will be used." The Enforcer stated, and frowned, as they took up a fighting stance.

-==GEM OF ILLUSIONS==-

Watch out! That platform that Tahnok was about to step on was an illusion! Tahnok had to be really careful here...

IC: Ten

"Something ahead? That...isn't good." Ten couldn't see, but he heard Artorre's voice, and the crackling of fire slowly advancing. Ten sent out a spear of hardlight towards that advancing flame, hoping it would hit whatever it was ahead.

• Upvote 1

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Sandalphon--Training Area

IC: I eventually made my way to the training area. Figured after all that sitting around, getting the blood flowing a little was exactly what I needed. Only real question would be how I did that.

Maybe some sprints for cardio? Hm. Maybe. I'd done a good bit of on-foot travel already lately.

Weights to keep my strength up? It had been a while since I'd actually lifted properly as opposed to just swinging my spade around and calling it a day.

...Sparring?

I glanced over to one of the many, many rings in the massive area, just in time to witness a smug-looking Av-Toa wreathed in golden light get clocked by a much, much more battered looking Spi-Toa, who obviously had grit for days.

I smirked at that.

Rock on, scarf guy.

After a few more moments of mulling it over in my head, I eventually settled on just getting warmed up and seeing what would pop up for me.

Just needed to find the track, because I knew this place had to have one. I was doing it the old fashioned way, and that was jogging. Road Work, if you had a city around you and people you wanted out of your hair for a while.

helo frens

The Fe-Matoran instantly quieted. Now, more than ever, she'd need to be careful. There was something obviously hostile out there and Nisaduf had no intention of being caught off guard. 

The Illusion gathered around her hand and formed into a knife, almost a shortsword on the petite Matoran. Carefully, she reached out to rest a palm against one of the Toa's legs and breathed out a message. 

"Just... be careful... Whatever it is, it probably doesn't mind this darkness.."

On one hand, if this thing murdered almost everyone, she could use their personas. 

On the other hand, she'd still need to get away after they were dead. Easier said than done.

AGoNWLR.jpg

-==GEM OF ???==-

The fire detected another thing among the fact that it was pitch black in the tunnel regardless of powers. The monster had slavering fangs. And managed to extinguish the flames again, though horrible gurgling noises could be heard after the hardlight bolt hit.

Whatever this thing was, it was otherworldly. And hungry.

Edited by An/A Blade

IC: Ten

That sound alone sent shivers down Ten's spine. He had every right to be afraid of what was in the dark.

The hardlight bubble around him solidified, the normally comforting glow completely gone, and he formed another bolt to fire in the exact direction. He obviously hit whatever it was, and it sounded like it hurt.

The bubble should hold if it did anything, too...hopefully.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

IC - Iesua:

"We really don't have any choice but to fight that thing, do we?" Iesua asked, his voice trembling slightly. He pulled out his crossbow, putting his hook-axe back on his back. He'd shoot at the thing from the back if he was going to fight it at all. "Please, if you all could put yourselves on either the far right or far left of the tunnel in the next few seconds, I would appreciate it." After giving his comrades time to do so, he fired a shot aimed low to the ground, hoping to hit the beast either in the face or at least in its centre of mass.

profiles i guess

IC: Dayeth - Commercial Sector.

"You can take the first swing, if you want," she forced herself to be polite, despite how over-eager she was to just start dismembering Exsequor and throw the pieces into a acid vat. I hate Vahki....

IC: Alisa Dare - Upper Hallway.

"It's.... kind of difficult to explain," she cleared her throat, "my power is Absence. I can make things become absent - basically disappear - for a short period of a time."  

IC: The Puppetmaster - Leaving Commercial Sector.

"So what kinds of beings are you hoping to find?" he asked, hoping to discern whether Tuyethamun's idea of a useful ally was even remotely like his own. "If you don't mind me asking, that is." 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

She had the good sense to throw herself against one side of the tunnel, not really knowing or caring which, and the Fe-Matoran pressed herself against the side as Iesua fired something down the tunnel.

Slightly panicking, her words came out in a blur of emotion.

"Oh, don't get eaten, please! That wouldn't be fun, this isn't all that fun, things are dark and things are trying to eat us and things are not even working and I can't even see anything!"

AGoNWLR.jpg

IC:

Metal slid soundlessly across metal as Noroi stretched, pulling her shoulder blades close together and working the kinks out of her muscles. She gave only a single nod to the Enforcer as they outlined the rules, watching as the larger being settled into a fighting stance. Her movements seemed nonchalant, at least as much as a moving suit of armor can, but they covered up a brief period of intense observation. The Enforcer was larger than her, even if not by much, and carried a sword where her hands were free. Powers were irrelevant, which was fortunate given her lack of them at the moment. There were no hints to their style, but that... Could be dealt with.

Perhaps the match was not as uneven as she had predicted.

She sank into a solid stance, her balance solid on a prepared stance. She kept her right arm forward, with her left tucked further back in a stance almost reminiscent of that of a boxer. And then she simply didn't move. Moments stretched on and she showed no sign of initiative or offensive action, instead almost daring her equally inscrutable counterpart to make the first move.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC (Albrecht von Armbrüster)

The Queen's protection's gone; my mind is all

we have. We move along, and all the while,

my brain goes on ahead to see what things

we might encounter, unsuspecting, in

the dark. My ev'ry sense alert, I'm not

afraid, but prudence rarely kills a man.

Artorre frowned. This was the second time he couldn't do anything of worth in a gem hunt. Resigned to his reduced combat effectiveness, he took up position on the right edge of the tunnel, keeping a sheet of flame down in front of him so that he could tell where the monster was by where the fire wasn't. If it got close, he'd back up as far as possible before lashing out at it.

He heard Nisaduf begin to freak out next to him. He stretched out a hand to lay on the panicked Matoran's shoulder. "It's alright, it'll probably eat it before it gets near us," he said awkwardly. He had never been good at consoling Matoran. He'd rather hoped the ones in this tournament wouldn't be the kind that needed consoling. Elittra definitely didn't seem to be.

IC: Hagah

"I... See... As for myself... Once, I was a simple animal. Nothing more than a beast... But, I was uplifted... My eyes... Were opened... My intelligence brought to its full potential, to serve my liege lord as a bodyguard and warrior."

If one hadn't noticed by now, it was clear that Hagah's command of the Matoran language wasn't perfect. Still, he tried.

-==IC: Enforcer==-

The Enforcer frowned, but nodded, and dashed forward quickly. They adjusted their grip on their sword, and swung it out toward the giant being quickly. The Enforcer was curious to know how strong this armour was; and the titan seemed to be about to find out.

-==GEM OF ???==-

The bolt seemed to hit thin air; however... And that was when Artorre found his flames to suddenly go out.

Artorre made a sort of choking sound as the monster suddenly appeared in front of him. He reflexively swept his sword towards it as he stumbled away, trying to push with him Nisaduf-- More because she was in his way than out of concern for her. As he performed these actions, he called out to his friends again. "It's right in front of me! Don't shoot, you might hit me!"

IC: Nisaduf (Dark, Dark, Tunnel with something very, very hungry)

The Fe-Matoran just 'eep!'d in response and scrambled backwards, heart caught in her throat. This was not something she had a counter for, a wee little dagger would mean nothing to something as large as it seemed, and she didn't know enough about her environment to effectively use the Illusion. Perhaps if nothing else worked, but it practically seemed like this thing was creating the darkness. 

A sudden thrill of fear fluttered in her chest as another thought tore through her mine. What if this thing... was the darkness?

Nisaduf gripped her dagger closer and tried to stay as small, still, and quiet as possible. Somehow she knew that even though her eyes were open, it didn't make a difference either way, so she screwed them shut and focused on the small sound of her breathing and the commotion of the others in the tunnel.

AGoNWLR.jpg

IC: Skull Carrier

The Skull Carrier made little effort to notice the bull's strange speaking mannerisms.

"I see," he replied. "You wish to be returned to your 'master,' is it? Well, I feel that it may be in our best interest to work together to make sure we can both return to our homes and friends." If one could see behind the spider plastered to his face, one could make out his sad smile of shared pity for this homesick creature.

waffleman2010.png

*Click Banner to go to the Sikza Spriting Kit topic

IC: Hagah

"... Have you heard... Of the Toa Hagah? Elite teams of Toa... Serving as guardians for the Makuta..." Hagah looked at the Skull Carrier, pretty sure he wouldn't know what the bull was talking about. "... One of the Makuta was able to see... The true nature of the Toa... In response, he... Created a Hagah of other species. I was... One of his guards."