Bionicle 2016 Set Names Discovered

Anyone else considering functions of these new waved sets?

Personally, I don't mind seeing Toa Nuva or similar again, but I would like to see even more creative functionality.

I'd imagine the Toa Unifiers would keep the gearbox, but I'm hoping the Creature sets introduce a new function other than stud shooters.

Being honest, I'm too terrified to even shoot the things. I don't know what this function would be, however I could imagine Lego creating a new function design(similar to gearbox debut) that incorporates something for the smaller sets. That'd be sick.

• Upvote 1

kalija.png

all this is temporary.

Follow me on Twitter! @sean52711

I'll follow back.

I want the Creatures to be completely diverse, and hopefully with functions equally so. I guess six variations on the same creature wouldn't be too bad, but I'd rather have more diversity. I love animals a lot and want to see all kinds of wildlife including some feathered dinos come on lego this is your chance to give us some proper bonkles dinos

• Upvote 8

Ok, As I expected, the hype hit me pretty hard now. 

I don't know if I'd like it better if the creature were bad or good, but one thing makes me super curious, which is the UNITY thing. 

Really seems like we're getting a story a bit similar to the 3 virtues. 

The uniters\unifiers  seems way better than masters.

When I say the set name for kopaka and melum I just imagined Malum with glasses, superman\clark style, saying "Malum? Nah bro, I am Melum, you must be confusing me with someone". :D

I want the Creatures to be completely diverse, and hopefully with functions equally so. I guess six variations on the same creature wouldn't be too bad, but I'd rather have more diversity. I love animals a lot and want to see all kinds of wildlife including some feathered dinos come on lego this is your chance to give us some proper bonkles dinos

Region of stone creature = little feathered raptor-style dino? maybe get some more mileage out of the chima 2014 wing element, hmm?

• Upvote 5

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

I'm glad to see that Kopaka is in fact a set next year. And in with another set included in his. Maybe this means Kopaka will have a bigger role in the 2016 storyline? (And possibly take some of the spotlight off Tahu. :P)

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I'm glad to see that Kopaka is in fact a set next year. And in with another set included in his. Maybe this means Kopaka will have a bigger role in the 2016 storyline? (And possibly take some of the spotlight off Tahu. :P)

I have a feeling G2 will allow much more character development and will sometimes move the spotlight from a toa to another, and I honestly love this idea. 

I can't wait until January! Please someone freeze me until then!

• Upvote 2

I know this is still a bit of topic, but I partly agree with people on the whole "the same heroes over and over again". To me, I'd like to see the same team for a few years, like a year or 5-6. After that, it would be cool if these timeless heroes would go back to where they came from ( and really, the story is perfectly able to do such thing ) and show us Okoto after that. I'd like to see a storyline where the timeless heroes are summoned again but don't turn up, and that a set of villagers are transformed into Toa instead. So basically a mix between G1 and the "Same heroes" way. Keep the same characters for a reasonably long time in order to tell their full story and give them enough growth, but move on to a new set of heroes once their story is told. That to me is an ideal way to keep things fresh. It would allow us to see a story where new heroes come and try to figure out how to be like the Toa they depended on for so long. Like a Toa of Fire asking himself "How would Toa Tahu do this ?". Stuff like that is completely possible, and it keeps things relatively fresh.

But more on topic, I honestly would love pet companions for the Toa. I've been wanting it ever since we got Pewku and Ka, and Jallers crab. It would be awesome to see this, and I truly hope that there are some interesting builds here. I wouldn't necessarily mind clone sets in this case, or semi-clone sets like the Protectors, but if I could choose I'd love specific animal types. Seahorses, lions, moles, birds, etc. That would be awesome. I saw someone mentioning different masks, infected and not, and I completely agree that that would make things complete.

What I personally look forward to is perhaps a kind of launcher that shoots nets. I'd honestly be a bit disappointed if the hunter turns out to have no net at all, as it's one of the things I'd associate with an animal-hunter quite easily. This brings me to the Toa tools. I hope they are still easily distinguishable for each element ( Fire Swords, Wings for Lewa, etc. ), but do have some "catching/taming" vibe of some sorts. Perhaps a little less gold and silver this time in order to let the Toa camouflage or something like that ? 

-Iben

• Upvote 1

pVcwLHX.png

"Unity, Duty, Destiny."

I know this is still a bit of topic, but I partly agree with people on the whole "the same heroes over and over again". To me, I'd like to see the same team for a few years, like a year or 5-6. After that, it would be cool if these timeless heroes would go back to where they came from ( and really, the story is perfectly able to do such thing ) and show us Okoto after that. I'd like to see a storyline where the timeless heroes are summoned again but don't turn up, and that a set of villagers are transformed into Toa instead. So basically a mix between G1 and the "Same heroes" way. Keep the same characters for a reasonably long time in order to tell their full story and give them enough growth, but move on to a new set of heroes once their story is told. That to me is an ideal way to keep things fresh. It would allow us to see a story where new heroes come and try to figure out how to be like the Toa they depended on for so long. Like a Toa of Fire asking himself "How would Toa Tahu do this ?". Stuff like that is completely possible, and it keeps things relatively fresh.

But more on topic, I honestly would love pet companions for the Toa. I've been wanting it ever since we got Pewku and Ka, and Jallers crab. It would be awesome to see this, and I truly hope that there are some interesting builds here. I wouldn't necessarily mind clone sets in this case, or semi-clone sets like the Protectors, but if I could choose I'd love specific animal types. Seahorses, lions, moles, birds, etc. That would be awesome. I saw someone mentioning different masks, infected and not, and I completely agree that that would make things complete.

What I personally look forward to is perhaps a kind of launcher that shoots nets. I'd honestly be a bit disappointed if the hunter turns out to have no net at all, as it's one of the things I'd associate with an animal-hunter quite easily. This brings me to the Toa tools. I hope they are still easily distinguishable for each element ( Fire Swords, Wings for Lewa, etc. ), but do have some "catching/taming" vibe of some sorts. Perhaps a little less gold and silver this time in order to let the Toa camouflage or something like that ? 

-Iben

I like that idea. I wouldn't mind if they did pretty much the same as Hero Factory did with it's series, 1 core group, gradually expanding from time to time, that would be nice.

The only problem is that we wouldn't have everyone as sets.

I thought there wold have been a lot more hate, but I'm actually happy how people reacted to this new info. People usually tend to hate new stuff everything.

Waiting for 2016... ^_^

Yeah, you're right. It's not like earlier this year when the Skull Creatures were being shown off at ToyFair, or last year when people didn't like that this new line was using "Hero Factory pieces."

But that's the thing. There won't be any official images for a few months, so nobody has visually seen anything to pick at in terms of the appearances of these upcoming products.

Edited by Rooster Nui

LEGO has asked us to remove the list of set names. Please do not post them on the forums until they are officially announced.

HAHAAHAHAHAHAH.

WE ALL KNEW IT.

• Upvote 3

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

LEGO has asked us to remove the list of set names. Please do not post them on the forums until they are officially announced.

Good idea. I feel that it's too early to have the list. (Thumbs up). :)

I feel the same. Now we can stay focused on the rest of the 2015 storyline. :)

• Upvote 2

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

If Umarak isn't all australian-like i'll sue.

It's unfortunate because I don't want the waves to all run the same 

6 toa

6 helpers

1 enemy

and 5 enemy sets in the summer.

I don't like that, I want 6 heroes and 6 villains in the beginning and 3 heroes and 3 villains in the summer if anything. (plus or minus a set in either the winter or the summer)

Bionicle, if you hadn't noticed, has never had six heroes and villains in the same wave.

that would either involve making the small sets the villains (pathetic villain-to-hero scaling, would need more swarm waves + no villagers/elders that year.) or, six medium sets in one half-year, which has, again, never ever happened.

Yes we have! (The Toa Metru and the Vahki for example)

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

No, that was the same year. They were released in separate waves in the same year. Releasing twelve sets at the exact same price point, or even similar price points, is too much for the market to bear. That's why they stagger the releases the way they do.

Phantoka/Mistika had three Toa and three Makuta each.

No, that was the same year. They were released in separate waves in the same year. Releasing twelve sets at the exact same price point, or even similar price points, is too much for the market to bear. That's why they stagger the releases the way they do.

That's still not six heroes and six villains in the same wave, as OP was proposing. No matter what, a twelve-set wave of medium sets is unsustainable economically.

That's still not six heroes and six villains in the same wave, as OP was proposing. No matter what, a twelve-set wave of medium sets is unsustainable economically.

Well, though it may or may not have happened in the past, it can happen now.

pure_muscle.png

Well, though it may or may not have happened in the past, it can happen now.

Dina literally just said it was unsustainable economically. As in, right now. So no, it can't happen now. And probably never will.

• Upvote 2

UnsuspectingButts.thumb.png.2a71dabd3565a645b7127215b282d46b.png

Future set discussion to global economics.

Classic BZP.

• Upvote 5

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

If BZPower was more well known, we'd be infamous for our hackings and drama.

hackings??? wut?

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

The Toa Nuva reverted to the toa Mata at the end of G1

:m_p:  :i:  :s:  :h:  Kopaka.png  :i:  :s:  :s:  :e:  :l:

"INTJ PROUD;" 80788-81311-MI

Then does this mean this topic should be closed? Since it now turns out that we're not allowed to discuss this subject after all, then what's the point of keeping this particular topic open?

Edited by Chronicler06

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I rejoined BZPower on October 10, 2012.

These days, I am perhaps best known for my obsession with all Lego video games.

Then does this mean this topic should be closed? Since it now turns out that we're not allowed to discuss this subject after all, then what's the point of keeping this particular topic open?

From my interpretation of the request LEGO sent out via email, and from what Andrew has said in this forum, it's fine to discuss it as long as we don't spread the list of set numbers+names around.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Well I'm guessing BZP won't be doing anything like this again.

It was funny while it lasted.

• Upvote 1

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

If they did it once I'm sure they'll do it again!

pure_muscle.png

Stop. As per our leak policy, vetted by lego themselves, we were free to post the information. That never precludes lego from asking it to be removed. You're gloating over something you have no understanding over.
  • Upvote 9

31399314352_5890b9b8a3_o.jpg

Stop. As per our leak policy, vetted by lego themselves, we were free to post the information. That never precludes lego from asking it to be removed. You're gloating over something you have no understanding over.
Question for the sake of clarity, while Amazon is a reliable source (mentioned in the policy as a quality needed for legitimate posting of material), where is the line between "released officially" (the other quality) and "released accidentally"? The news article uses the language "posted" without qualifiers (implying officialness) but also uses the language "overeager" (to my mind, implying an early release prior to intention, perhaps indicating an oversight in when products were scheduled to appear in the store). How does the BZP News Team & Staff draw the line between something released on an official basis and something released due to an oversight, accident, etc. while still being from a source considered reliable?
  • Upvote 1

~~-BS01 Histories-~~
by Zox Tomana, B.A. - Blog