OFFICIAL 2016 Bionicle Topic

Makaru

Let us know what parts are in the final list.

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

I've ordered Escape from the Underworld the other day. It should arrive at my house sometime early next week. I know nothing about this book's story, so I forward to reading it without its story being spoiled beforehand. :)

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Got my final two winter 2016 sets today! Pohatu and Ketar. Haven't built em yet. Last week, I received Onua and Terak as a gift, so I'll comment on them -

Onua is FANTASTIC. Amazing colour distribution, fun weapon-design and excellent overall build. I feel his stature is a little too similar to the other Toa now and he was much more unique last year, but this new set is indeed very incredible. Fantastic mask too.

Terak is probably one of the weaker creatures. I like the overall look and the build is still fun, but the gimmick leaves a lot to be desired and that really shows on their really standard Unity form too.

Also, it bugs me that the spiky shell pieces are blended with clear trans-plastic. Why not purple? No one else suffers from this problem.

-NotS

• Upvote 1

tahubanner.jpg

Also, it bugs me that the spiky shell pieces are blended with clear trans-plastic. Why not purple? No one else suffers from this problem.

-NotS

I imagine it has something to do with the material of those shell detail pieces (a softer, more translucent plastic rather than the hard and glassy Polycarbonate used for normal shells and bones). Maybe Trans. Bright Bluish Violet looked too dark or opaque when cast in that material or something. :notsure:

• Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

That makes sense. I guess I can accept that explanation. I mean, clear trans at least works with any colour.

I got around to building Ketar and Pohatu just now and I have some things to say about them. I liked Ketar's design building it, and I'm glad they went for a scorpion but the final look is lackluster. The gimmick is also the worst of the creatures and the colour scheme is ridiculously messy.

Pohatu is better than I expected, with a great mask and shoulder designs, but I really don't like the colour distribution. The addition of tan is nice but the lack of orange-brown in key locations really hurts his unified colour scheme. Weapon is extremely standard as well. Course, the Unity design isn't cohesive and they don't complement each other well at all.

That being said, they are not bad sets. None of these new Toa or Creatures are. They are probably the best bunch of Toa sets we've ever had and I know I said that last year, but these Uniters have really surpassed all my expectations. I mean, I expected to get maybe one or two sets but I ended up getting all of them.

-NotS

Edited by Nidhiki of the Shadows
  • Upvote 1

tahubanner.jpg

If anyone's interested in the development process of JtO, here's a link to some work by Daniel Pocetti who worked on the series. There's primarily storyboards but if you scroll all the way down, there's turnarounds for Tahu and Ikir as well as some background paintings. 

(warning, contain spoilers for the next two episodes)

https://www.behance.net/gallery/37966009/LEGO-BIONICLE

Edited by Crunchyn
  • Upvote 3

"I could have been a Protector but then I took a stud to the feet."

Makuta's opening a portal to another world? Ruh-roh.

Neat that the falcon is gonna be in the story, though!

• Upvote 1

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

Makuta's opening a portal to another world? Ruh-roh.

Neat that the falcon is gonna be in the story, though!

Could be setup for both 2017 and beyond! Instead of island hopping, maybe G2 will hop around various planets? Possibly the home-planets of the Toa?

While the purist in me it a tad ruffled by the idea, it would be interesing to see "Bionicle" mixed with "alien invasion"...

:kakama:

• Upvote 1

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

possible spoilertheory:

Makuta is opening a rift to the spirit world to regain his body and/or take over someone else's (maybe ekimu?)

Or maybe he's opening up a portal to a prior generation? Gain a new body and return to that world to reap havok upon it, and try to instate his rule of shadows? (Wink wink, nudge nudge.) To be fair, I have not seen the video in question, but I assume it would have something to do with this...? Maybe? *goes to see video*

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

(I don't usually type on the non-mobile version of the site so let's see what I can do with the formatting...)

So here's the results of my first bricklink order as well as building Ekimu's Falcon.

Parts List:

If any links are messed up, please let me know.

Black:

48729b  (2x)

32039 (2x)

Pearl Gold:

11091 (2x)

Light Bluish Gray:

Dark Bluish Gray:

Reddish Brown:

24316  (A bit rarer of a part, but it's worth noting that one of the beasts, (Storm Beast IIRC,) comes with a ton of these.

+ 1  Light blue Stud (I didn't hunt this one down since anyone who's bought a set with a stud launcher should have millions of these left over.)

Pictures of the Falcon, Ekimu included!

I tried real hard with the links, so please let me know if something's not right. I'd be more than happy to take pictures of the Falcon from any other angle I missed as well. Or with a different Toa/Character.

• Upvote 2

What about on '15 Ekimu?

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

What about on '15 Ekimu?

'15 Ekimu is awkward since he has no open spots that would work. I could remove a shoulder armour and have him raise his arm, but that just makes it look odd.

What I did is took a 3-hole beam, two half studs and a pin/axle piece to make something that Ekimu can hold in his hand and the falcon can sit on. 

Like so.

Here's Doomerak for size comparison.

And regular Umarak. 

What about on '15 Ekimu?

'15 Ekimu is awkward since he has no open spots that would work. I could remove a shoulder armour and have him raise his arm, but that just makes it look odd.

What I did is took a 3-hole beam, two half studs and a pin/axle piece to make something that Ekimu can hold in his hand and the falcon can sit on. 

Like so.

And regular Umarak. 

So it does work on '15 Ekimu, but you need to remove his shield to accommodate the falcon at the very least.

What about on '15 Ekimu?

Like so.

And regular Umarak.

So it does work on '15 Ekimu, but you need to remove his shield to accommodate the falcon at the very least.
When I get home, I'm going to look at my spare parts and around his gearbox to see if I can't make any minor alterations so the Falcon has a spot to perch on him.

Yesterday I ordered Umarak the Destroyer, Ekimu the Mask Maker an Quake Beast. ToysRUs has a deal running. If you spend more  on Lego than 40$ you get a 15$ Bionicle set for free. Yay.

Edited by Spiffy247
  • Upvote 6

A fish wielding vampire. That's Spiffy.

Hopefully this is the right place to ask, so has/where was it confirmed that the summer wave is going to be exclusive to toysrus? Last I checked my local lego store had them on the shelves, but it has been a couple weeks since I was there.

It wasn't confirmed, it was only hypothetized that such a thing might be happening because of dozens of reports of the sets not being available in most Walmarts, not being available in some LEGO stores, but being available in nearly all Toys'R'Us stores in large numbers. Though I'd like to note that this trend has been reported only in North America  :)

IhDIrLK.jpg

Here's a breakdown for the new poster

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/3a4NY

That looks absolutely amazing!

Based on this and the short Umarak video shown on the FB page, it seems that Pohatu will (once again) take the spotlight in the next two episodes!

I'm extremely excited about this development. Now, if only I could get my hands on Storm Beast...

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

Based on this and the short Umarak video shown on the FB page, it seems that Pohatu will (once again) take the spotlight in the next two episodes!

I'm extremely excited about this development. Now, if only I could get my hands on Storm Beast...

Pohatu's new name is Captain Cool, and he's getting his own variety of Coca Cola. WHAM!

• Upvote 1

Pohatu's new name is Captain Cool, and he's getting his own variety of Coca Cola. WHAM!

Coca Cola on the rocks.

• Upvote 2

UnsuspectingButts.thumb.png.2a71dabd3565a645b7127215b282d46b.png

Coca Cola on the rocks.

Actually, "Coca Cola Rocks!"

• Upvote 1

Coca Cola on the rocks.

Actually, "Coca Cola Rocks!"

I always figured Pohatu would be more of an Irn-Bru kind of guy.

Or, you know, whiskey on the rocks (you ninja'd my joke! Curses!)

• Upvote 2

Hi, guys! Today, I noticed that the Bionicle Facebook page released a new video showing the Elemental Beasts (this summer's villains)! Go see for yourselves: https://m.facebook.com/LEGOBionicle/

This is very cool and a little bit intense. :D

Real neat. Nice to see some of the action!

I am a tad confused though. I don't remember the source, but weren't Storm and Quake beasts supposed to be individual characters, acting as Umarak's lieutenants, and Lava Beast was supposed to be the only "swarm" enemy? Guess that went out the window.

Storm Beast also has significantly more crystal growths in the show than the set... shame. Still my favorite set in this wave though.

• Upvote 1

Hi, guys! Today, I noticed that the Bionicle Facebook page released a new video showing the Elemental Beasts (this summer's villains)! Go see for yourselves: https://m.facebook.com/LEGOBionicle/

This is very cool and a little bit intense. :D

Real neat. Nice to see some of the action!

I am a tad confused though. I don't remember the source, but weren't Storm and Quake beasts supposed to be individual characters, acting as Umarak's lieutenants, and Lava Beast was supposed to be the only "swarm" enemy? Guess that went out the window.

Storm Beast also has significantly more crystal growths in the show than the set... shame. Still my favorite set in this wave though.

I think all the of Beasts are swarm enemies. This is also seen in a poster where Ekimu and Umarak's giant faces face each other while Tahu, Kopaka, and Onua, United with their Elemental Creatures, are fighting against an army of Elemental Beasts duplicates.

Anyway, about putting the news in BZPower's main page, I told them about it a few hours before I posted this. The news should be uploaded now for everyone who is not aware of it. Happy to let my fellow BZP members know about the news, and you're welcome!:D

• Upvote 3

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

Was happy to see the Elemental Beasts at my local TRU this week, but ended up passing on them. If I get Quake beast, I'll be tempted to buy the other two, and I don't know if my wallet can take the hit at this point. They all look great though!

shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

Took advantage of the TRU deal while I was on vacation, and picked up Skull Grinder/Mask Maker, Lava beast, Quake beast, and the remaining two creatures I was missing. My G2 collection is really filling out my designated Bionicle shelves now.  :)

I have slept for so long. My dreams have been dark ones. But now I am awakened. Now the scattered elements of my being are rejoined. Now I am whole. And the Darkness can not stand before me.

I hit TRU today to check the stocks, and they've got tons of Bionicle at my local store. All the summer sets were there, save for Quake Beast.

I think Quake Beast being a freebie in their current promotion may have something to do with it, actually. 

• Upvote 1

96DIFYm.png

A big thank you to Toucan Sam for the Okotian name.

[topic=gallery_115994_378_11223.jpg][/topic]

:vahi: [ON HIATUS]  :vahi: 

I may be a few months late in doing this, but I finally got around to building my Ikir set last night. It's a pretty decent set. I like the build of its body, and its color scheme looks good too. I have seen people complain about its head, as it looks sort of empty from certain angles. And I do agree with that to an extent. But I understand why its head is like that. 

I've also seen people state that the Toa and their respective creatures look great when combined together. After seeing Tahu and Ikir in their combined form, I agree with them on that opinion. Tahu looks amazing with Ikir attached to him. He almost feels like a new set. The fact that both their gear functions still form as well makes them even cooler IMO.

After that, I combined Ikir with my Umarak the Hunter set to make their combo model. Despite me having to adjust Umarak's shoulder armor so Ikir's wings didn't bump into him, it actually looked really cool as well. While I imagine that some of the other creature's color schemes would look better on the Hunter, I thought Ikir's scheme worked just fine with him. 

Overall, I'm glad I got Ikir. It's a pretty cool set itself, and its helps make my Tahu Uniter and Umarak the Hunter sets look even cooler.

• Upvote 1

pc0lX6T.png

I've ordered Escape from the Underworld the other day. It should arrive at my house sometime early next week. I know nothing about this book's story, so I forward to reading it without its story being spoiled beforehand. :)

Is there anywhere online where we can find sample pages from the book to read, im specifically reffering to countries like mine that dont receive the books.

I may be a few months late in doing this, but I finally got around to building my Ikir set last night. It's a pretty decent set. I like the build of its body, and its color scheme looks good too. I have seen people complain about its head, as it looks sort of empty from certain angles. And I do agree with that to an extent. But I understand why its head is like that. 

I've also seen people state that the Toa and their respective creatures look great when combined together. After seeing Tahu and Ikir in their combined form, I agree with them on that opinion. Tahu looks amazing with Ikir attached to him. He almost feels like a new set. The fact that both their gear functions still form as well makes them even cooler IMO.

After that, I combined Ikir with my Umarak the Hunter set to make their combo model. Despite me having to adjust Umarak's shoulder armor so Ikir's wings didn't bump into him, it actually looked really cool as well. While I imagine that some of the other creature's color schemes would look better on the Hunter, I thought Ikir's scheme worked just fine with him. 

Overall, I'm glad I got Ikir. It's a pretty cool set itself, and its helps make my Tahu Uniter and Umarak the Hunter sets look even cooler.

I agree Ikir looks fantastic with Tahu but the unity form is so heavy that i keep them separated out of fera that it will topple over and damage the rubbery weapons blades.

Edited by necross hordika

qs3135.jpg

Is there anywhere online where we can find sample pages from the book to read, im specifically reffering to countries like mine that dont receive the books.

I believe Amazon.com has some preview pages of the book. 

pc0lX6T.png

Okay, I've been looking all over the place for Ekimu's Falke, but to no avail, can anybody link me to an eBay listing of it?

Edited by Toa Imrukii

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

Okay, I've been looking all over the place for Ekimu's Falke, but to no avail, can anybody link me to an eBay listing of it?

It hasn't come out yet, there's just a preview for it in the first issue of the BIONICLE magazine.

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend