XXIII Mafia: Tag Team

Lenore

Oops, mistook Manducus for a Matoran. Well. We all have a 1/2 chance of being Matoran and a 1/2 chance of being not Matoran. Which means penta-hangs are totally justified! Because if we're super lucky, we hang all the Not-Matoran!

• Upvote 2

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

But we'll also hang all the Matoran, the ends do not, in fact, outweigh the means.

it's mafia

the ends always justify the means

That is very true. Because of that I'm thinking that if I make a sequel I should increase the number of Maniacs.

• Upvote 2

Blog "A Cask of Amontillado": Breaking News

But we'll also hang all the Matoran, the ends do not, in fact, outweigh the means.

it's mafia

the ends always justify the means

That is very true. Because of that I'm thinking that if I make a sequel I should increase the number of Maniacs.

All players, please.

• Upvote 2

Night 5

With most of the population dead and buried nobody could get much sleep. Aerixx, in particular, was haunted by nightmares and decided to abandon even trying to sleep. To pass the time he got himself a glass of water, opened a book, and began to read. But as he drank his water he noticed it had a funny aftertaste. Realization only dawned on him after his muscles went limp and he fell to the floor. The poison took only a few more minutes to finish the job and kill him.

PI's Log, Fifth Night:

Aerixx (Matoran) killed by Mafia.

Suspect List:
Dragonstar
Pahrak
Underscore
Korkoa
Blade

Voting will be open for 24 hours.

Blade.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodies? Your grace."

"I know that one. 'Who watches the Watchmen?' Me, Mr. Pessimal."

"Ah, but who watches you, your grace?"

"I do that too. All the time."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

*Emerges from Xenoblade Chronicles X binge*

Oh heay lots of death and such, I vote Nevermore so that I no longer need to check this topic and can go back to binge playing Xenoblade X.

you must continue checking the topic

nevermore is about to allow all dead players to vote in the next lynching

• Upvote 6

Oh heay lots of death and such, I vote Nevermore so that I no longer need to check this topic and can go back to binge playing Xenoblade X.

Right, forgot about that.

Alright, I've discovered some evidence. It's so strong that you can't deny it, and it turns out that all suspects are guilty.

Suspect 1: Dragonstar.

Dragonstar is both a dragon and a star. This is conflicting. Much like how bullets conflict with our lives, resulting in death. Dragonstar, thus, is clearly an agent of death and gave Aerixx their last nightmares. What else would a dragon that's also a star be? A Dragonstar? Don't make me laugh. Actually, do make me laugh. Humour is good. 

Suspect 2: Pahrak.

As we know, Pahrak are a type of Bohrok - stone Bohrok, to be precise. They will clean anything. However, we are not 100% clean all the time. And lots of rocks are dirty. Pahrak also have a strong taste for letting Pridak the Overgrown Shark win Technic Tournament 2. It is clear that this particular Pahrak paid off Pridak to kill Aerixx, as it seems there were miniature Pridaks in the glass of water Aerixx drank. The Pridaks were the poison, so to speak.

Suspect 3: Underscore.

Underscore is a most misleading name. Underscore does not give underwhelming scores, but rather, as we can tell by their name, uses underhanded tactics to score. In this scenario, what is scoring? Murdering innocent Aerixxes. We can deduce that Underscore used Underhanded methods to Undermine Aerixx. Thus Underscore dug a mine below Aerixx's house and poisoned its water supply.

Suspect 4: Korkoa.

Korkoa's post rank thingy is 'descending into protodermis'. You know what else is protodermis? Water in the Matoran Universe. What did Aerixx drank? Protodermis. Korkoa obviously made sure Pahrak had poisoned the water with miniature Pridaks.

Suspect 5: Blade

The name is a dead give-away here. Blades can kill you by choking on them because they tend to be quite large and if you try to eat them without preparation you'll choke as they're too big for your digestive system. Aerixx had to drink the poisoned water to die, and thus Blade ensured Aerixx would go to the water and drink it, with a blade disguised as a cake in case Aerixx got hungry instead of wanting a drink. 

Having presented all my 100% True and Irrefutable Evidence, I believe you will find that they are all guilty. 

Anyway, I vote Pahrak in the hopes of a Penta-hang.  If I could, I would split the vote into five 0.2 votes and distribute equally among suspects, but alas, Dragonstar has decided to get 3 votes.

You forgot:

Suspect 6: Ghiddy

Ghidora is made of two words: Ghi (pronounced Gee) Is similar to Glee, which is a feeling of joyous satisfaction. And Dora, who is an explorer. So he is clearly a traveling murderer who finds happiness in death.

But that's not all! It also has the word Ora (Aura) as in death aura! And his name starts with a G, which stands for Grizzly, as in Murder! The true suspect is dead, prepare for zombies.

• Upvote 2

I don't think I said that. 

Dragonstar: 3
Pahrak: 1
Underscore: 1
Korkoa: 0
Blade: 2

Night 5

With most of the population dead and buried nobody could get much sleep. Aerixx, in particular, was haunted by nightmares and decided to abandon even trying to sleep. To pass the time he got himself a glass of water, opened a book, and began to read. But as he drank his water he noticed it had a funny aftertaste. Realization only dawned on him after his muscles went limp and he fell to the floor. The poison took only a few more minutes to finish the job and kill him.

The thought of poisoned water made quite thirsty, natch. Knowing that everyone over at the Tipsy Hoto would be too plastered to recognize me in my present garb, I made my way over to that venerable establishment.

I had ordered a pint of Xian Pale Ale and seated myself in a secluded corner. It was with some annoyance, then, that I was accosted by a decidedly grungy figure in a newly-rusted mask and a soiled, white shroud.

He greeted me, displaying a curious lack of control over his jaw. "Hewwwwwwwlloo Xeerez!" This was perplexing. I knew full well that the pub was out of "Fevered Ghostsmith" until next week. Then, recognition hit me, and I saw that this was old xccj, lately hanged. "Good evening," I said. "How's death treating you?"

"Ah, itssssss's noot tidyyy livinggg, but thaat's noo prahbblem. Kind af libr'ating, actuaalllly. Nooo," he said, awkwardly shaking his head, "it'ssss the waaayyy fahlks looooook aaaatttt yuuuuuu. It'ssssss like yourrrrrrrrr'rre noooooo loooooonggeeer oneeee offff theemmmmm. Ayeee meaaannnnn, shhurrrrreeeee, weee'vee moooveed awn aaaaaand awwwlllll, buuttttttt weeee'rreeee sssstilllll the sssssaaammmmmmee awld sooools thaaaaat weee alllwaays weeere're. Booot ween eeeveer sooomeeonee tawks to woon of ooos, eeets jus pleeeeeeessssssseeeennnntrrrrreeees an' a breeeeezzy 'niiiiieccceee tawkin taaaa yuuuuuuuu' anddddd theyyyy'rrre gonnnn."

"That really is too bad," I said. "Surely someone still cares for you?"

"Fourtuuunattteeeelyyy, yesssssss," he replied, pausing for emphasis, and spending a good two minutes getting his jaw unstuck. "Youuuuuuuu seeeeee, theeeeee Mayeeeeeerrrrrr, bleessssss theeeeeeeerrreee haaaaarrrrrrttt, eeeesss keeeenllly deeeeevotttteeeeed to awrrr cawsssss. Weeeeeee'vvvveeeee seeennnnt innn aaa reeffff'rendommmm, aaaaannnnnd it'ssss awnlly a mat'r ooov farmalllities. Byyyyyyyyyy tommmmaarrrrroow kniiiigght, weeeeeeell beeeeee reeiiinnffranchiiiisssseeed."

"Well, that is heartening," I replied, not sure what else to say.

The cadaver stared motionless at me as I sipped my ale, pondering the changes this would bring.

PI's Log, Fifth Night:

In 48 hours, the dead can vote!

Suspect List:

Dragonstar

Pahrak

Underscore

Korkoa

Blade

I don't think I said that. 

Dragonstar: 3
Pahrak: 1
Underscore: 1
Korkoa: 0
Blade: 2

That's funny. I could have sworn you did, but I can't find it now. Ah well, that's sleep-deprivation for you.

• Upvote 3

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)

Night 5

The thought of poisoned water made quite thirsty, natch. Knowing that everyone over at the Tipsy Hoto would be too plastered to recognize me in my present garb, I made my way over to that venerable establishment.

I had ordered a pint of Xian Pale Ale and seated myself in a secluded corner. It was with some annoyance, then, that I was accosted by a decidedly grungy figure in a newly-rusted mask and a soiled, white shroud.

He greeted me, displaying a curious lack of control over his jaw. "Hewwwwwwwlloo Xeerez!" This was perplexing. I knew full well that the pub was out of "Fevered Ghostsmith" until next week. Then, recognition hit me, and I saw that this was old xccj, lately hanged. "Good evening," I said. "How's death treating you?"

"Ah, itssssss's noot tidyyy livinggg, but thaat's noo prahbblem. Kind af libr'ating, actuaalllly. Nooo," he said, awkwardly shaking his head, "it'ssss the waaayyy fahlks looooook aaaatttt yuuuuuu. It'ssssss like yourrrrrrrrr'rre noooooo loooooonggeeer oneeee offff theemmmmm. Ayeee meaaannnnn, shhurrrrreeeee, weee'vee moooveed awn aaaaaand awwwlllll, buuttttttt weeee'rreeee sssstilllll the sssssaaammmmmmee awld sooools thaaaaat weee alllwaays weeere're. Booot ween eeeveer sooomeeonee tawks to woon of ooos, eeets jus pleeeeeeessssssseeeennnntrrrrreeees an' a breeeeezzy 'niiiiieccceee tawkin taaaa yuuuuuuuu' anddddd theyyyy'rrre gonnnn."

"That really is too bad," I said. "Surely someone still cares for you?"

"Fourtuuunattteeeelyyy, yesssssss," he replied, pausing for emphasis, and spending a good two minutes getting his jaw unstuck. "Youuuuuuuu seeeeee, theeeeee Mayeeeeeerrrrrr, bleessssss theeeeeeeerrreee haaaaarrrrrrttt, eeeesss keeeenllly deeeeevotttteeeeed to awrrr cawsssss. Weeeeeee'vvvveeeee seeennnnt innn aaa reeffff'rendommmm, aaaaannnnnd it'ssss awnlly a mat'r ooov farmalllities. Byyyyyyyyyy tommmmaarrrrroow kniiiigght, weeeeeeell beeeeee reeiiinnffranchiiiisssseeed."

"Well, that is heartening," I replied, not sure what else to say.

The cadaver stared motionless at me as I sipped my ale, pondering the changes this would bring.

PI's Log, Fifth Night:

In 48 hours, the dead can vote!

Suspect List:

Dragonstar

Pahrak

Underscore

Korkoa

Blade

What the heck is this? 

Anyways, voting is closed. Scene will be up later today.

Night 5

With most of the population dead and buried nobody could get much sleep. Aerixx, in particular, was haunted by nightmares and decided to abandon even trying to sleep. To pass the time he got himself a glass of water, opened a book, and began to read. But as he drank his water he noticed it had a funny aftertaste. Realization only dawned on him after his muscles went limp and he fell to the floor. The poison took only a few more minutes to finish the job and kill him. [...]

What the heck is this? 

Don't ask me. You're the one who writes this drivel.

• Upvote 5

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)

Well, voter turnout was pretty slim. You guys aren't a very lively crowd. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Day 5

Not many people were left alive and despite a half-hearted attempt at a triple hang Dragonstar was condemned alone and without the comfort that another sucker might be killed before him. The sentence had only just been passed when a glowing white bullet slammed into Dragonstar's forehead and sent him tumbling into the jury.

PI's Log, Fifth Day:

Dragonstar (Matoran), executed.

Mafia has 24 hours. Only 8 players remaining.

Edited by Nevermore
  • Upvote 1

Night 6

This night a large storm swept through the town and only one person dared to brave the elements. The Mafioso had taken the better part of the night to reach Blade's house but once there it was over in an instant. Blade was found late the next morning, shot through the heart by a shadow midak skyblaster. 

PI's Log, Sixth Night:

Blade (Matoran), killed.

Suspect List:

Automaton
Petewa
FF
Underscore
Korkoa

Voting ends in 24 hours.

Two Matoran, Two Piraka, 1 Militia, a Mafioso and a Private Eye in a pear tree... Type 2 systems shutting down. Type 1 systems booting up.

And there's a very good chance that there's just three of us left. There's a high chance they've already got both Piraka and have the game in the bag. 

I'd like to point out something that's very, very weird: I haven't appeared on any suspect list. Also, I might as well cross-reference the suspect lists.

Petewa

Fishers Piraka

Manducus Militia

Quisoves Mafioso

xccj Militia

Korkoa

Ghidora Matoran
Underscore
RG Piraka
Luroka Militia

Shadowhawk  Mafioso

Unit Matoran

Pahrak

Luroka Militia

Tiragath Matoran

Manducus Militia

Shadowhawk Mafioso

Korkoa

Burnmad Godfather

Blade Matoran

Dragonstar Matoran
Pahrak
Underscore
Korkoa
Blade Matoran

Automaton - No Previous Suspect list appearances.

Petewa - 1 previous suspect list appearance.
FF - no previous suspect list appearances.
Underscore - 2 previous suspect list appearances
Korkoa - 3 previous suspect appearances

Extrapolating from this: Either Korkoa or Underscore is guilty. Low chance of it being both. Petewa has appeared before but we got the Mafioso that night, lowering the chances of it being Petewa. FF and Automaton have not appeared in a suspect list before now. Pahrak has appeared in one suspect list. I, Pulse, have appeared in zero suspect lists. A vote for Petewa is an unwise vote, I think. Everyone else is fair game. Korkoa and Underscore are the prime suspects, and it's probably one or the other. I'm thinking maybe Underscore is the private investigator.

We don't know if the Mafia has contacted the Piraka... because if they have, we, the village, are doomed. They have more voting power. They have more people than us. 

We really should have had a penta-hang while we could. Right now, more than half the voters could be mafia-aligned. And that means a death sentence for the innocent like myself... 

Anyway... should I vote Korkoa? I have no way of knowing if FF is innocent or not, and Korkoa's appeared on so many suspect lists there's a good chance they are Mafia, but... that also means it's incredibly easy for the Mafia to shift the blame onto Korkoa. Which also means it's incredibly easy for me to believe Korkoa even if Korkoa's guilty... 

Edited by Pulse Is Not An Ostrich

Well I do not have anywhere near the amount of active brainpower to defend myself, that's upsetting... I was very worried about me appearing on that many suspect lists, and honestly, kind of makes me wonder if I'm a secret role... Which doesn't help my case.

Anyway, I'm voting Underscore. :/

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodies? Your grace."

"I know that one. 'Who watches the Watchmen?' Me, Mr. Pessimal."

"Ah, but who watches you, your grace?"

"I do that too. All the time."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!