Nato G

• Pulse x1. 

• Not-Actually-Playing-Tex x1.

Rahkshi Guurahk. x3. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

• Pulse x1. 

• Not-Actually-Playing-Tex x1.

Rahkshi Guurahk. x4.

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

• Pulse x2. 

Rahkshi Guurahk. x5.

I vote Pulse.

And I'm dead, don't you know?

I died in 1970 when Conn left Elkhart. I'm the Conn Artist if you haven't figured that out from every pun I've made. =P

I will happen to point out also, I can still be alive and you win, my only requirement to win is to be alive, as is yours, as I'm technically not an anti-artist role.

Edited by Rahkshi Guurahk

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

• Pulse x5. 
  • Rahkshi Guurahk. x5.

Well, this is interesting. Looks like you guys might be about to lynch a con artist and a corpse... 

Then, RG, you reveal yourself as a Thief. Also, RG, village win condition is both the Mafia and the Thieves thwarted.

Meaning... Nik's the Vengeful Artist. While I'm at it, I believe FF or Unit to be the other thief. Considering I'm about to die, I might as well tell you that much.

I must say, I've been a terrible Detective, haven't I?

Edited by The Chattering Corpse Heap

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

Scene will be going up shortly, but first I thought I'd touch on this...

Also, RG, village win condition is both the Mafia and the Thieves thwarted.

I realise now that I didn't quite think all of the win conditions through when I wrote up the premise for this game, which I guess is to be expected given that this is my first time running one of these.

At this point, there's no way the remaining thieves can outlast both the village and the mafia, so if any of them happen to still be alive when the last assassin is lynched, I'll consider that to be a win for both them and the village. 

EDIT: Why can't I ever check for new posts before I post?

I'm connvinced all of you are ninjas in some way or another. =P

Edited by Rahkshi Guurahk

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

d1O9dXQ.png

Day 8 – Kill the Corpses!

The Detective had given up completely on trying to save these people. First some joke vote for a non-existent person named Tex had found its way into the ballot box, and then the Detective himself had somehow wound up with a whole lot of votes as well, even though one of the thieves had openly confessed their identity.

“Guys, what the heck are you doing?” Pulse the Chattering Corpse Heap protested as he was dragged onto the newly-rebuilt gallows, alongside the self-confessed con artist Rahkshi Guurahk. “I’m on your side, remember?!”

“Stop, wait!” Unit suddenly appeared on the scene, having being preoccupied freeing the trapped chef from the kitchen freezer. “I vote RG as well! Save the Detective!”

“What? No! He can’t do that!” RG snapped. “He’s too late! Besides, I put in a few extra votes for Pulse to make sure he’d die alongside me!”

Pulse, finally understanding where the extra votes for himself had come from, glowered at the con artist. “Kill him.” He commanded. “Kill him a lot.”  

As the noose was fitted around his neck, RG gave the Inside Man a final pleading look, desperately hoping that they’d come to his aid. But the Inside Man had a reputation to live up to, and couldn’t afford to sully it by intervening on the behalf of a confessed criminal.

And so it was that Pulse the Detective was spared, and the con artist RG was hanged. 

Edited by Festive Australovenator
  • Upvote 6

Night 8 – Endgame.

Pulse The Chattering Detective Corpse Heap stalked purposefully down the darkened halls, seeking out the one called Nik. He’d narrowed down his list of suspects, and was almost certain that Nik was the one remaining killer. Hearing a grunt of pain, he broke into a run, arriving in the kitchen just in time to see Nik finish yanking out Xaeraz’s spine.

“Caught in the act!” Pulse declared, reaching for his handcuffs.

Scowling, Nik dropped his crowbar, pulled out Tiragath’s revolver, and opened fire. Pulse ducked for cover, Nik’s gunshots peppering the walls – and the unfortunate chef, who’d been cowering in the corner – with bullets.

The gun clicked empty, and Pulse lunged, snatching up a frypan and smacking Nik across the face with it. The assassin’s stumbled backwards, ears ringing, scrambling to reload the weapon. Pulse didn’t give him a chance, smiting him with the frypan once more. And then again. And then a few more times, just for fun. When he was sure that Nik the Killer of Three Different People was unconscious, he finally ditched the frypan and cuffed the Vengeful Artist.  

The Victims:

• Xaeraz, guest – despined night eight.
  • The Chef, slayer of nulls – shot night eight.

The Suspects:

• Again, not going to bother with a list because it’s probably pretty dang obvious who you guys are going to vote for.

I'm sorely tempted to lynch you instead for that awful pun...

• Upvote 5

... That detective is not welcome in my museum next time I host a show. Puns are the lowest form of art.

But yeah, I vote Nik.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodies? Your grace."

"I know that one. 'Who watches the Watchmen?' Me, Mr. Pessimal."

"Ah, but who watches you, your grace?"

"I do that too. All the time."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

Three votes for Nik the Three.

Seems appropriate. 

• Nik the Three. x5 

• Nik the three. x8

Day 9 – The End.

At last, it was over.

“Why’d you do it?” The detective demanded as Nik was hauled up onto the gallows by the security guards, Pahrak and Fishers. “All of this death… all of this destruction… why?”

“Because of him!” Nik jabbed an accusatory finger towards Korkoa the Curator. “He and his bigoted panel of evaluators said my art wasn’t good enough for this stupid gallery!”

"Not valuable enough,” Korkoa corrected snidely, “Only the most expensive pieces from the most affluent artists are allowed to be displayed in my gallery. And your art, I’m afraid, isn’t worth anything to my… um… actually, never mind.”

He quickly shuffled away.

“This gallery is a fake, a forgery! A mockery of true art!” Nik continued to rant.

“Well, you’re half right.” Korkoa murmured quietly, distancing himself further from the maddened criminal. “Are we going to kill him, or not?”

“Yes, let’s get this over with.” Agreed Taka Nuvia, the Inside ‘Man’, picking up a pair of duffel bags that seemed to be bulging with all kinds of oddly-shaped objects that most definitely weren’t stolen sculptures or anything like that.

Sighing, the Detective stepped aside and let the execution go ahead. Even as he dangled from the noose, Nik ranted and raged and rambled until finally, he ran out of air. And even then, it wasn’t until several long minutes later that he finally shut up and died.

Once the deed was done, Pulse searched the corpse and found the front door key secreted away in one of the Vengeful Artist’s pockets. “We’re free, everyone!” He announced, opening the front doors and letting the trapped guests emerge at last into the light of morning.  

But while the Guests and Guards celebrated their escape, the Detective lamented the tragic miscarriages of justice that had occurred during their captivity, and the Inside Man scurried off, her stolen goods in hand. Watching it all, the Curator smiled to himself, his secret still undiscovered…

Final Role Reveals:

• Nik the Three was The Vengeful Artist – the employer of the group, cannot kill anyone unless all of the other mafians have been found and lynched. Until this time, they cannot be lynched, and if investigated, will appear as a regular Guest.
  • Pulse was The Detective – investigates a player each night. However, given his lack of expertise, he can be fooled by the Curator’s disguises and the Inside Man’s reputation.
  • Fishers and Pahrak were The Security Guards – bumbling, sluggish morons with mind-boggling levels of ineptitude. So stupid, in fact, that they don’t know how to die. If one is attacked by regular assassins, their partner will come to their aid, and the duo will be able to identify their attacker. If one of them does wind up dead somehow, the other will die of heartbreak.
  • Taka Nuvia was The Inside Man – an outstanding member of the art community, who can use this reputation to their advantage. Due to this reputation, they will never appear on a suspect list, and regular assassins will be unable to bring themselves to kill them.
  • Korkoa was The Curator – a master of disguise, the Curator has gone into hiding. Want to know why? You’ll have to find him first. Each night, they can choose to disguise themselves as another player, which will fool everyone except the Critic. If successfully captured, their fate will be decided by the other guests.
  • And finally, Pilgrim Shadow, FF the Forgotten, Unit, and The Present Automaton were The Guests (well, the ones who didn’t get killed, at least).  
  • Upvote 6

I think this game was probably the closest I've came to living through an entire game.

Twas very fun conning all of you, I quite deserved the role that I predicted I'd get.

You see, conning you all is an art as much as these paintings and sculptures... what am I saying even? It's too late and I'm tired. =P

-Rahkshi Guurahk

d1O9dXQ.png

Haha, I'll take my secret to my grave!

... Actually, Festive's grave, as I don't actually know what my secret was either. :P 

Good game, I had a lot of fun!

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodies? Your grace."

"I know that one. 'Who watches the Watchmen?' Me, Mr. Pessimal."

"Ah, but who watches you, your grace?"

"I do that too. All the time."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

Actually, Festive's grave, as I don't actually know what my secret was either. :P

Well, I suppose there's no harm in revealing it now.

All of the artwork in the gallery was fake. The Curator sold the real artworks to private collectors and replaced them with forgeries for a huge profit. Which means that everything the Inside Man made off with is utterly worthless, and the other thieves died for nothing.  

It was always a long shot, but if the Critic had successfully apprehended Korkoa, this secret would've been revealed, and the rest of you could have voted whether to let him live, or kill him for his crimes.

Likewise, had the mafia sent both the pyro and another assassin after Korkoa's chosen disguise on the same night, or a mafian had targeted him after the critic's death, or the mob voted to lynch Korkoa, the Curator's secret would have also been uncovered. 

• Upvote 4