Mafia - Heist of the Centuries

Nato G

I missed the bit about Blade being investigated. Blargh.

You've never forgiven me for Weeping Angel Island, have you? =P

Life to all Potoos!

You know, Natovoratralundar, I'd be quite annoyed, if I were a Mafioso, about the omission of the Detective's full powers in the role list. Not that there's much that one can do about such a thing, but it's still significant enough to inform one's strategy.

• Upvote 2

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)

I'd be quite annoyed, if I were a Mafioso, about the omission of the Detective's full powers in the role list. Not that there's much that one can do about such a thing, but it's still significant enough to inform one's strategy.

Hm, you make a good point. Clearly I have much yet to learn about successfully running a Mafia game, so I'll definitely try to keep advice like this in mind for any future attempts. 

Natovoratralundar

I'm still stuck trying to figure out if this mangling of my username was the result of laziness or deliberate cruelty... 

• Upvote 3

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Natovoratralundar

I'm still stuck trying to figure out if this mangling of my username was the result of laziness or deliberate cruelty... 

Neither, though if I'd been paying more attention I might have called you "Austravoratralundar." It's just that, died-in-the-wool Doctor Who fan that I am, I can't help but think of this, when I see your current screenname.

Perhaps I'll call you "Fred"...

• Upvote 4

gZsNWyr.png

I missed the bit about Blade being investigated. Blargh.

You've never forgiven me for Weeping Angel Island, have you? =P

Life to all Potoos!

You know, Natovoratralundar, I'd be quite annoyed, if I were a Mafioso, about the omission of the Detective's full powers in the role list. Not that there's much that one can do about such a thing, but it's still significant enough to inform one's strategy.

Oh, I kinda have, but it's more fun to go back and forth, especially when there can be obvious targets and you have no clue what to do next. =)

I'm gonna vote FF. FF must be feeling lonely having not been voted once at all. Then... we need four more votes on everyone but Shadowhawk and we will perform... THE LEGENDARY PENTA-HANG! Five deaths for five corpses, it's a good deal. Lynch five, get four corpses for the price of five and one extra corpse free!

I DEMAND CORPSES. 

• Upvote 4

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

• ToaKapura1234. x5.
  • Ekhsidian. x4.
  • Tiragath. x1.
  • Shadowhawk. x2.
  • FF the Forgotten. x1

Nato, as a cadaver, am I allowed to point something out to the players that they could easily figure out if they paid attention?

Normally I'd say no, since I do so enjoy watching people wallow in ignorance and confusion and misery, but... since it's the season for giving, please go ahead. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

• ToaKapura1234. x5.
  • Ekhsidian. x4.
  • Tiragath. x1.
  • Shadowhawk. x2.
  • FF the Forgotten. x1

Nato, as a cadaver, am I allowed to point something out to the players that they could easily figure out if they paid attention?

Normally I'd say no, since I do so enjoy watching people wallow in ignorance and confusion and misery, but... since it's the season for giving, please go ahead. 

Thanks!

Though now that I think about it, what I was going to say was complete bunkum. I'd forgotten that the Pyro didn't act last Night.

Sorry about  that, Chief.

gZsNWyr.png

I'm not Mafia.

E: ...and I'm not sure why me voting for Ehks made you think that. Am I missing something here?

i mean it's not like i figured out who the mafian was last round and successfully got them lynched or anything.

if you still think lynching me is a good idea even after that, then it's really mafian behavior. lynching two people would make sense...if one of them wasn't very, very clearly village aligned.

• Upvote 3

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Day 3 – Justice?

Come dawn, and the discovery of Quisoves’ corpse, mutterings were heard, money exchanged hands, and votes were cast.

Once the ballots were counted, ToaKapura1234 and Ekhisidian were dragged out to the front of the crow and hanged from the ceiling chandelier. Once the bodies stopped twitching and were lowered once more, they and their belongings were searched for anything incriminating.

Nothing was found.

The Victims:

• ToaKapura1234 – guest – lynched day three.
  • Ehksidian – guest – lynched day three.

Now, given how likely it is that everyone - including myself - is going to be super busy over the next few days, I'm going to hold off on posting the next scene until I've gotten PMs from all of the remaining night roles, however long that ends up taking. 

Edited by Festive Australovenator
  • Upvote 6

I'm not Mafia.

E: ...and I'm not sure why me voting for Ehks made you think that. Am I missing something here?

i mean it's not like i figured out who the mafian was last round and successfully got them lynched or anything.

if you still think lynching me is a good idea even after that, then it's really mafian behavior. lynching two people would make sense...if one of them wasn't very, very clearly village aligned.

Ohhhh...

I guess I really messed up that one, didn't I? A thousand apologies; it looks like I haven't been paying as close attention to all this as I should be. :(

• Upvote 2

I'm not Mafia.

Ohhhh...

I guess I really messed up that one, didn't I? A thousand apologies; it looks like I haven't been paying as close attention to all this as I should be. :(

w/e i might be dead but i was just a villager

not like i could do much other than analyze the only clue we'll ever get, since our means of getting clues is dead. oh well. i can still point fingers at people who behave like mafians.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Hope everyone had an enjoyable few days. But now, it's time for blood to be spilled once more... or maybe not?

Night 3 – Christmas Miracle. 

Christmas was a sombre affair in the gallery that night. Despite the looming threat of more murders, many of the guests retreated to their own quiet corners of the sealed building. There were no presents to be opened, no cheer to be had, no turkeys to be eaten, and no carols to be sung.

Despite the melancholy mood, the surviving guests would find themselves with something to celebrate come Christmas morning.

The detective found himself an unlikely ally in fishers, who turned out to be one of the donut-munching security guards… although she wasn’t particularly good at her job. The Critic, however, met with nothing but disappointment. He spent some time chatting with Xaeraz, ultimately determining that he was just another guest, and not the Curator he sought. So caught up was he in his discussion that he didn’t even notice when Shadowhawk walked past him – twice.

Elsewhere, the pyro stalked the halls in search of Korkoa, but after hours and hours of fruitless searching, set a few priceless tapestries on fire and stormed off in a rage.

In the kitchen, Onaku and his friend the medic were berating the Chef for his accidental murder of the nulls days earlier, when a cloaked figure sauntered into the room. “Kyle Whyte, it’s time for you to die!” With that, the assassin snatched up a butcher’s knife and threw themselves at the medic.

The medic shoved the chef in the way, taking the assassin by surprise and giving himself time to lunge forwards and launch a kick at the killer’s face. The blow connected, and the assassin stumbled, knife skittering from their hand, hood falling back… But as they fell, they knocked over a bag of flour, which exploded open in a puff of white, obscuring everyone’s view of the assassin’s face. By the time the cloud cleared, the would-be killer had fled.

As the first flickers of sunlight shone through the gallery windows, the assembled guests discovered that, despite the killers’ best efforts, not a single drop of blood had been spilled that night.

Suspects for failed incineration of Korkoa:

• Shadowhawk.
  • Rahkshi Guurahk.
  • Toa Onaku.
  • ShadowVezon.
  • Unit#phntk#1.

Suspects for failed assassination of Kyle Whyte:

• Colonel Roy Mustang.
  • FF the Forgotten.
  • The Chattering Corpse Heap.
  • An/A Blade.
  • The Present Automaton.
Edited by Festive Australovenator
  • Upvote 6

Huh... Interesting night then.

I vote Shadowhawk and Blade.

(We do know Blade is an assassin, so that helps.)

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodies? Your grace."

"I know that one. 'Who watches the Watchmen?' Me, Mr. Pessimal."

"Ah, but who watches you, your grace?"

"I do that too. All the time."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

I vote Shadowhawk & Blade. 

--------------------------------------------------

Votes:

Suspects for failed incineration of Korkoa:

• Shadowhawk. x4
  • Rahkshi Guurahk.
  • Toa Onaku.
  • ShadowVezon.
  • Unit#phntk#1.

Suspects for failed assassination of Kyle Whyte:

• Colonel Roy Mustang. x1
  • FF the Forgotten. x1