The Road to Home

Soran

Sell three of the shells. And get more sane and get more sense of self.

Find a chair or a table, looking down at people apparently raises sense of self.

As for sanity, i heard there are these stylish white jackets, which would look really nice on soran.

Edited by DimensionPlant
  • Upvote 2

Polls not opening for me, so I'll let other members vote. But I agree that a light stone and a rope would be critical to Soran in the short-term. But we need that quick travel map in the long run.

Also this "Vo-Matoran" has yellow eyes... If anybody knows what minigame I'm remembering.

Also pleasantly surprised you got to do acomic again so quickly!

(Also I know all Chluthu stuff is no longer welcome as a suggestion... But I am hoping you'll run this comic for months on months and THEN randomly drop a Chluthu jokes again. It would be the ultimate troll to ban us from making more of them, only to do one yourself far in the future...)

Sell three of the shells. And get more sane and get more sense of self.

If Minecraft has taught me anything, it's that being alone in the dark with no light source is a BAD IDEA. That's why a Lightstone is handy to have.

Also, How about selling some shells to get more money? It's not like we need them right now...

PXGqShg.png

Soran: "Sure, I'll help you out for that discount."

Soran: "Also, I've thought it over so may I buy the rope and light stone from you?"

Nava: "Absolutely, that'll be 12 widgets."

Soran: "All right, here you go... Here are 10 widgets and 3 shells."

Nava: "Um, if you're only trying to meet the price you just need to exchange 1 shell. Are you sure you want to exchange 3?"

Soran: "Yep. I'm sure this won't bite me in the rear later on."

Nava: "All right then, here you go. Is there anything else I can do for you?"

Try asking the villager for supplies/shelter/directions, anything that could help.

Also, how do you make your MNOG style backgrounds?

Ask for a nearby village.

Thanks for telling us this game takes place before the League of Six Kingdoms' attempt to overthrow Mata Nui, now we know how to drive him insane.   :devil:

Also, a question for Nava from Soran: "Is there anything else I should know about this island?"

ci6T74n.png

Soran: "Can you tell me anything else I should know about this island? Important locations, people, events, etc?"

Nava: "Ah, yes. Let me see your map for a second.

• Right here is a Ga-Matoran tribe, not large enough to be qualified as a village but it's still something. Behind my shop there's a valley, just through this and a forest that comes after you should encounter the tribe.
  • There's also a small village in the southern coast somewhere around here with no main element. It seems to be common for sailors to arrive there. 

That southeastern tip of the continent is the Tren Krom Peninsula. It hosts the majority of villages in the area. In it include:

• De-Koro, a village filled with De-Matoran. Don't expect much going there, they don't approve of most outsiders. There lives a well-known De-Matoran artisan though but once again, don't expect to be able to meet him.
  • A Le-Matoran Village is also on the peninsula in that general location.
  • A Ko-Matoran Village is there as well. It seems to be head of a lot of knowledge on the island so anything further you'd like to know it's best to go there and ask a Ko-Matoran by the name of Ramani. Him and his pupil Mazeka should be able to answer any specific questions you have.
  • A Ta-Matoran Village is also on the peninsula; it's by one of the live volcanoes. It doesn't get too hot though so don't worry. The wind blows westward towards a neighboring village, which gets the majority of the heat.
  • At the base of the volcano where the lava trails to is a Su-Matoran Village. It gets pretty hot down there so be careful if you feel like stopping by to visit. Around that area is also where Rako's shop is where I need you to pick up the wood polish. I'd recommend stopping off there some time. 

Besides that, there aren't too many major settlements. There are possibly a few tribes every now and then and perhaps some mercenary camps but I'd stay away from those.

There have been rumors of a disappearance of matoran from the Tren Krom Peninsula. There have been accusations to it being related to the Makuta in charge of the peninsula, Makuta Gorast, but I'm doubtful. They're only rumors. 

There isn't much else I can think of aside from that. Is there anything else I can help you with?"

Accept the quest. Sell the seashells by the seashore. Buy a lightstone.

Ask Nava if you can stay at her hut or if she has someplace indoors you can stay. It is in her best interests for you to survive the night if she wants to get her wood polish.

If you fail to find lodging, camp out in your boat.

In any case, wait to morning to begin the new quest.

fElFUxl.png

Soran: "Do you know of anywhere I can sleep for the night?"

Nava: "Besides crossing the forest into the village, I would say no. I'll be hunkering down in my own shop so your best bet is sleeping in your boat; it's probably the safest spot you can sleep without a sleeping bag."

Nava: "Anything else?"

Soran: "No, I think I'm fine. Thank you for the help."

Nava: "Anytime, come again soon."

8bIhPnD.png

-Night Approaches-

go super sayan and fly home

I wonder, if Soran was to go super saiyan, would he look exactly like Takanuva?

I wonder, if Soran was to go super saiyan, would he look exactly like Takanuva?

probaly along with a glowing aura

WgvzwmB.png

Soran: "I don't know what that is, just saiyan." 

I suggest you fall asleep.

UxXqu8y.png

-Soran sleeps to the next day.-

LPtah9s.png

-Day Approaches-

eH1ZOXk.png

Soran: "Hm, it's a new day and I'm safe and sound. I wonder what I should do?"

What will you do?

Soran Analysis

Author's Notes

Don't have much to say here this time around.

It was a rather short comic with not much going on. I mainly wanted this to be a transitionary comic for the next one which will fulfilling the commands regarding venturing inward. Despite this though, feel free to suggest whatever you want Soran to do or where you want him to go, etc. 

I've put in markers on the map, these are all color coded and will help those who wish to progress the story know where to go. You can either suggest a marker to go to or perhaps at some point I'll set up a vote to see where people most want to go. We'll see.

As you can see in the map, there's barely any markers at all. This is because these markers only list the major landmarks I've thought up. Along the journey I may add a tribe or two or some sort of settlement. 

This comic actually can help demonstrate the amount of power a single suggestion may have on the position of the character. You'll see this more in the future the costs of certain decisions made.

Also, you guys have slowly been bringing Soran back to sane. The difference is very small and could easily be solved in another comic depending on the commands I use. Nicely done to those who wish him to be sane.

Also:

@Naota Takizawa: You're fairly close to the time period. It's after the League of Six Kingdoms. To give another hint, you'll see more hints in Metru-Nui.

@Xboxtravis: You've definitely got the right mindset when it comes to finding the Av-Matoran, but sadly this Vo-Matoran simply has yellow eyes. Most Vo-Matoran, De-Matoran, and all Ga-Matoran have yellow eyes. You're definitely on the right track though and depending on the choices made, you may see a disguised Av-Matoran sooner than you think.

I hope you guys enjoy the comic,

~Soran

Edited by Soran
  • Upvote 2
soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

So if the Barakki have been imprisoned in the pit & you mentioned Metru Nui, does that mean the comic is set before the Matoran Civil War?

Also, I'd suggest going to the pink village to ask around about rumors of the Makuta & shops you can visit.

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

Before setting off, Sit on the sand, clear your mind, and reflect on life. Maybe even do some stretching exercises.

After that's over, I suggest you go exploring, and head towards the Ga-Matoran Tribe. Here's hoping they're not savage cannibals...

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

(I'll do this eventually, I swear...)

My BZPRPG Characters

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Kol Arsenal Swarm Amalgamation

Skyrise Characters: Zavon

Before setting off, Sit on the sand, clear your mind, and reflect on life. Maybe even do some stretching exercises.

After that's over, I suggest you go exploring, and head towards the Ga-Matoran Tribe. Here's hoping they're not savage cannibals...

I would suggest doing some mediation or something as well, just so he's better in the head. But head towards pink land. 

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

I would suggest doing some mediation or something as well, just so he's better in the head.

Dallior I can't believe this

Why would you want Soran to be mentally stable

It ruins all the fun

It's no fun being dead due to an inability to correctly approach situations.

• 2 weeks later...

Go to De-Koro and try and do some good dead to help them. Everyone knows people afraid of outsiders will accept those who honestly help them, and be of great value in role playing games.

Just like the Orcs in Skyrim.

Edited by Xboxtravis

52641688958_d61c0bc049_w(1).jpg.c0871df0de376218d7ca2bc4f409e17d.jpg

All aboard the hype train!

Go to De-Koro and try and do some good dead to help them. Everyone knows people afraid of outsiders will accept those who honestly help them, and be of great value in role playing games.

Just like the Orcs in Skyrim.

Or just beat up their Turaga.

More
Just like the Orcs in Skyrim!
  • Upvote 1

UnsuspectingButts.thumb.png.2a71dabd3565a645b7127215b282d46b.png

• 2 months later...

MCRFluF.png

---------

I've said in the past that I don't like to post without new content, that way it's easier for those who follow the topic to tell when I have updated something or not. I assumed it was obvious that the series was on hiatus but it seems as though that was not the case. So let me officially state it this time.

The Road to Home

FAQ:

Are you quitting the series?

No.

What's stopping you from making the comic?

Time, I don't have enough of it. The series requires a lot more work compared to my traditional comics I make. The main reason is because of the backgrounds, all of which I have to make from scratch. Most of these backgrounds can take hours to make and quite a lot of them from this point on will most likely only be featured in the comic once (because there would be a lot of progress compared to hanging out on the beach). This makes the process of making the comic very difficult. Nothing else is haltering my process aside from time. 

When will you make the next installment?

I don't know. At the moment my life is more hectic with many things that require my attention. Once everything is settled and I'm running more off of a schedule then perhaps I'll find the time to work on it. At the moment though, there's nothing planned for this year. 

For now, I'd like to leave you readers with a poll. 

Where should Soran travel to?

When I'm given time to work on the comic again I'll base the next scripts off of the results of this poll. Hopefully you guys will be able to decide on where to go together based off of information provided while I'm gone.

So in conclusion, I'd like to say that this isn't goodbye, as I'm not leaving... I'll just see you later.

~Soran

Edited by Soran
soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

• 1 month later...

I am seconding "Before setting off, Sit on the sand, clear your mind, and reflect on life. Maybe even do some stretching exercises" and then "Run into the Jungle in your best pair of high heels.While chanting, 'I'm a pretty princess.' "

My Epic: Ahkmou's Return and My story collection: Takanuva's Travels are my stories so far, look 'em up.

• 2 weeks later...

This series is super amazing. Koala bear approves.

Btw, I say Soran should walk to the southern village-place-thing by walking across the super duper safe beach of the super duper safe Trem Krom Peninsula named after the super duper saiyan Tren Krom. It's super duper safe and will keep Soran super duper sane.

If that doesn't work, I say we dig a grave just in case.

Edited by Koala Kranan
  • Upvote 1

We can have him nearly die.

Or he could be a ghost like it the other comics.

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge