Official My Little Pony topic

~Allegretto~

How many people have actually bought any of the toys? Are any of them any good?I don't think I'd ever buy one of them for myself (although, when I was a kid I think I may have had the G1 Twilight as a hand-me-down). The reason I ask is that my mum has a seven-year-old goddaughter and Christmas is coming up. I know she likes Littlest Pet Shop, so she'd probably like ponies.To be perfectly honest, though, I don't have a very high opinion of most "girls' toys" in general. There doesn't seem to be a lot of potential for playability or creativity in most of the toys I've looked at. Basically, you can swap their accessories around and that's about it. Now I remember why I started liking Bionicle...

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

I've seen pictures of the toys and demo videos of them in action. Corny and not impressive. For example, Celestia is pink, and the light-up version says "I love to make new friends." (It should be "I enjoy banishing siblings to the moon for a thousand years.") After seeing that, I've sworn off official pony merchandise.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

The brony way of justifying this was that her full name is "Lyra Heartstrings". Rolls off the tongue well, actually.

Yes, yes it does. Also, my sister apparently no longer respects me. :P After bringing up the irony in her wanting me to "enjoy my innocence" and not play Halo, but then that I shouldn't watch MLP she replied, "Whatever, watch girly My Little Pony." At least my brother tried to defend me by telling her how Vinyl had me watch it (though he said I was forced not that I did so willingly, but whatever. :P)
rarity-with-wings.jpgrarity-heart.png <<Newest Chibi: Nuparu Inika

Uh... I didn't force you... :rolleyes:BUT YOU ARE GRATEFUL THAT I FORCED MADE YOU WATCH THIS SHOW.Aren't you not.

My sister just recently saw some comments about "cupcakes" and she wanted to know what was wrong with cupcakes, so I showed her the story... she hasn't spoken to me yet but with the look on her face I think she was traumatized.

YOU MONSTER Edited by Vinyl Scratch

Do not trust corrupted memories.

Uh... I didn't force you... :rolleyes:BUT YOU ARE GRATEFUL THAT I FORCED MADE YOU WATCH THIS SHOW.Aren't you not.

My sister just recently saw some comments about "cupcakes" and she wanted to know what was wrong with cupcakes, so I showed her the story... she hasn't spoken to me yet but with the look on her face I think she was traumatized.

YOU MONSTER
Yes, yes I am. :D I guess my brother just twisted it to help my reputation or something. Also, I would not show my sister cupcakes. Heck, I don't even have the courage to read cupcakes. It's not a fanfic, it's a creepypasta. I already have enough trouble getting to sleep what with listening to Sonic CD's game over in G-major (US version.)

^ lol, cupcakes, funny? Cool story, bro.Cupcakes is just a rather morbid short story, it was well written, and did a good job of giving me horrifying thoughts for about three days straight. Also, saying Pinkie was out of character is an understatement, in Cupcakes she was supposed to be a cannibalistic pony gone mad, which is what she was in the story. In FiM, she's clearly not that, so obviously she would be 'out of character'. :P-Skar

Back to the toy discussion my sister is getting me Apple Jack but I actually prefer Rainbow Dash but if I say that to her she can and will hold it over my head. What is really weird she knows NOTHING about MLP but she somehow figured out the names.

Edited by Driken Toa of Shadows
I'm just ToaD

I have a question for all you bronies: What exactly do the brony principles of "love and tolerance" mean to you? They are simple rules, but they don't answer all questions. Who do you "love"? What do you do in the face of adversity? Because, tolerance would really mean to accept whatever bad things going on around you, which is not what I think the ideas are getting at.Personally, I see the "love" as alliance and standing by your friends, and having faith in your own beliefs (that does not mean to tune out all arguments, as nobody can be right all the time). The "tolerance" is to accept differences in all ideas (politically, socially, religiously, or otherwise) as something which will always be around, and for the better. I believe in standing up for what you believe in without fear, but accept it when people disagree and don't shove shove your ideas down their throats. I also like to think, when making the peace sign, that your index finger stands for love and your middle finger stands for tolerance. :)What's your take?

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

I've seen pictures of the toys and demo videos of them in action. Corny and not impressive. For example, Celestia is pink, and the light-up version says "I love to make new friends." (It should be "I enjoy banishing siblings to the moon for a thousand years.") After seeing that, I've sworn off official pony merchandise.

Hey, Hasbro! I have a suggestion for a new toy!It's a Twilight Sparkle doll that says "READING IS HAAAAARRRRD!".

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

BROHOOF! /)(Yes, I love MLP. :) Applejack and Rainbow Dash are my favorites! I also love/hate Discord. He was an amazing bad guy, but I hate what he did to the ponies! Especially Fluttershy. :(

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodies? Your grace."

"I know that one. 'Who watches the Watchmen?' Me, Mr. Pessimal."

"Ah, but who watches you, your grace?"

"I do that too. All the time."

If anyone would be interested in co-hosting a Discworld-themed RPG for OTC, please PM me!

As for toys.Smarty Pants.I want it.I need it.I really like her mane.C'mon Hasbro. Make the toy already. Show accurate. Plush. Button-eye falling out. Everything.So, I watched the first episode again (it was on TV), and my brother noticed something interesting. When Twi is writing to Celestia about Nightmare Moon's return, you can see Nightmare in the hourglass. Follow the bust of the Unicorn in the background. Once it passes behind the hourglass, it turns into Nightmare.Not sure if anyone else noticed that.Also, the CMC is together when Nightmare shows up despite not forming the team until some episodes later.Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

(that's sarcasm, by the way)

As for toys.Smarty Pants.I want it.I need it.I really like her mane.C'mon Hasbro. Make the toy already. Show accurate. Plush. Button-eye falling out. Everything.So, I watched the first episode again (it was on TV), and my brother noticed something interesting. When Twi is writing to Celestia about Nightmare Moon's return, you can see Nightmare in the hourglass. Follow the bust of the Unicorn in the background. Once it passes behind the hourglass, it turns into Nightmare.Not sure if anyone else noticed that.Also, the CMC is together when Nightmare shows up despite not forming the team until some episodes later.Kalhiki

Oh yeah, I've known that for a while.Also a Smartypants plush would be amazing. She should come with her own notebook and quill, for when you want to pretend she's doing her homework!
19704_s.gif

Also a Smartypants plush would be amazing. She should come with her own notebook and quill, for when you want to pretend she's doing her homework!

You are going to like Smartypants, and you are going to like her more than ANYTHING!Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

(that's sarcasm, by the way)

Can somepony PLEASE tell me if the Blind Bag ponies are availible for purchase in the United States of America for a price that I would also like to know?

Last I heard, they aren't available on this side o' the pond...

76561198002924926.png

If The Good Lord had intended us to walk

He would not have invented roller skates.
-- Willy Wonka

I waited four hours for an answer and it was no. What is wrong with the world and not giving America any of the cool stuff!? Didn't Hasbro say it would be "soon" before in July or something?

tumblr_lskdbfV6ur1r0z1wao1_400.gif"NOOOOOOOO!!!" America almost never gets the cool stuff, I was actualy thinking about getting one or two of those.

Also a Smartypants plush would be amazing. She should come with her own notebook and quill, for when you want to pretend she's doing her homework!

You are going to like Smartypants, and you are going to like her more than ANYTHING!Kalhiki
I need her. No seriously, I really do. :P

I waited four hours for an answer and it was no. What is wrong with the world and not giving America any of the cool stuff!? Didn't Hasbro say it would be "soon" before in July or something?

tumblr_lskdbfV6ur1r0z1wao1_400.gif"NOOOOOOOO!!!"America almost never gets the cool stuff, I was actualy thinking about getting one or two of those.
^My reaction when I found out the CE of Sonic Generations was EU-exclusive. :P Now I'm doubly annoyed. |:(