Skyrise: Ascent - IC Topic

Nato G

IC: Viann - Talking to Rakin

Viann nodded, patting Helix.

“The big one upstairs said Helix needs a routine checkup.” She explained. “You and your friend should do fine. Try not to harm her. She’s still young.” She snickered at this, knowing it was her own joke.

OOC: “Big one upstairs” refers to her boss in New Atero, it isn’t literal.

IC Temujin - Fe crater:

With a jaunty sort of swagger, Temujin sauntered over to the body, to get a closer look.

"My goodness if it isn't one Barlow of Fe. Quite the...sticky situation you found yourself in I see." He chortled at his poor joke, before setting to the task of checking the various pockets that the former Steltian Bruiser had remaining on his person. He'd get to the spear and the really rather dashing coat in due time, he suspected they'd be quite useful in proving that he's actually found the man in lieu of carrying his body all the way to New Atero. In the meantime, he might find something else of value or even some clue as to who had done him in. Besides, 'someone with a spear', anyway. He hummed a tune while he rifled through the man's clothes.

IC Toruhn Indomitable - New Atero Airspace:

As the pair made their way through the Crew Deck, ToruhnGestured here and there, giving a brief explanation to the layout of the area. With space and even basic beds to the fore and aft of the ship for the crew to reside in when not on duty, the middle was comprised by a large elevator that was currently lowered and the various Rockohs, Jetrax's and even an Axalara. Off to one side sat a very weathered Cendox ground vehicle.

"We keep the crew working in cycles, to save on the number of furnishings, and that elevator there can bring two or three aircraft at a time to or from the flight deck. Emergency exit hatches are port and starboard roughly every 3 bio and I have been told they are perfectly safe, but quite the hassle to get unlatched. There are ladders fore and aft to reach the flight deck if the elevator is full or inoperable, but we'll be taking the elevator this time," She said, stepping onto the platform. "Mind your step they didn't install rails. overlooked I suppose, in the rush to get her airworthy."

Edited by The UltimoScorp

--IC: Hestala: The Skies, somewhere between Cliffside and Tesara--

"Wrong move, dahling," said Hestala. The comment was aimed at the opposing pilot, but naturally he was too far away to hear her.

Flicking the lever to adjust the angle of her weapons, she thumbed the button. The Skyblasters roared as each one spit out two large spheres of solid light, sending a total of six projectiles hurtling hard and fast at the top and front of the rapidly approaching Rockoh. If they all hit their target, it was likely that they would deal a healthy amount of damage.

GM IC: Coyle - The Indomitable, above New Atero. 

"That... seems like an oversight." As he stepped onto the platform, Coyle made a mental note to get that issue dealt with as soon as possible. If someone fell to their death or got ground up by the machinery, it would probably be on his head. 

____________________________________________________________________________________

GM IC: Temujin - Fe crater.

Temujin would find little of use in Barlow's pockets. He had a few widgets on his person, and a small, rusty knife, but nothing else of interest. Certainly nothing to indicate how in the karz he'd ended up all the way out here, or who'd seen fit to end his existence. 

____________________________________________________________________________________

GM IC: ??? - the wastes

As battle was joined between the Vista Baby and the Mukau in the distance, a lone figure, naturally camouflaged to blend in against the rock and sand, watched with growing interest. It often observed passing aircraft, watching for weak, isolated targets that may be worth raiding. This battle, perhaps, represented an easy opportunity for it and its ilk. Once the victor had departed, the defeated party would make for easy pickings...

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Drukann - Cliffside

The burly skakdi of fire sat at a table in Capstone's bar, absentmindedly shifting around a bottle of booze in his hand. He was clearly deep in thought.

Earlier today he'd put up an ad, right next to that note talking about The Arena, where he detailed a significant monetary payment for the assistance of two individuals willing to accompany him to the ancient structure. Hopefully whoever had put up the cryptic note would see his ad and approach him, but he’d settle for anyone competent to answer the ad.

Slowly, Drukann scanned the space he was in, attempting to discern whether anyone was looking his way for any longer than an indifferent glance.

IC: Porangi - Ruins of Fe

A lone Zyglak carefully crept through the rubble of the crater that had once been a center of technological progress and limitation of personal liberties. Porangi had never really bothered with forming an opinion on them when they were around, and seeing as how they were (as far as he could tell) all gone now, he really didn't have any motivation to do so now. Instead, he found this to be an opportunity, a carcass to pick clean, assuming it hadn't already been in the two years since the settlement's destruction.

Hark, another being! Porangi noticed the imposing form of Temujin, whom he did not know the name of, nor did he really recognise. A stranger... perfect. It had been a while since he'd had the opportunity of interacting with someone without the mistakes of his past biting him in the tail. Slowly and carefully the Zyglak approached the Glatorian, hiding behind a tall pile of rubble before peeking from behind the corner.

"Hail, stranger, what-" Raising his left arm in greeting, it was then that he noticed the dead body whose belongings Temujin was rifling through. "O-oh... I... uh..." Porangi feared he might have made a terrible mistake.

IC Toruhn Indomitable Elevator to Flight Deck - New Atero Airspace:

"Agreed. We've marked the outline where it comes down and advised crew to avoid the space when the elevator is in operation for now." The lift clanked as the pulley operation lifted the platform upwards to the flight deck where it blended seamlessly to the floor. It was much louder here than even the crew deck, with the wind blowing through and the engines of aircraft roaring in and out. Toruhn raised her voice to a shout,  "This is where most of the widgets went! Those slot in the floor hook onto special hooks on the underside of the vehicles assigned here, and through a mechanical system, launches them out the fore hanger door! Similar hooks help catch and slow incoming craft at the aft section! Both hanger doors can be closed for long journeys, and vehicles can be guided in by crewmembers with jetpacks! Your own Rockoh has been brought up and is currently over there in Bay Two if you need to move to more urgent matters, or  simply would like to test the launch system!" 

She grinned a characteristic Skakdi grin, "I'm afraid that's all I have to show you today commander, but feel free to observe and interact with the crew as long as you wish! I have my own duties to attend to if you'll excuse me, sir!" She gave a quick salute and moved to make sure her pilots were keeping everything in order.

IC Temujin - Fe Crater:

Nothing much of interest, it seemed. He replaced the items to their various pockets, he had no need for the small number of widgets, and the knife, well.... it was hardly becoming to take a man's weapon, even in death. He was about to see about removing the spear when he heard someone call out to him, His head snapped up to the source of the sound, and there was a long, quiet moment between the two strangers as they stared at one another. Finally, the Iron Glatorian broke the silence with a wide smile and a welcoming wave, "Well hello there! Cold enough for you?" He laughed, before gently taking hold of the shaft of the spear and attempting to work it loose from the Steltian, using his nonmechanical foot to brace against the body.

IC Tirkah - Capstone Bar - Cliffside:

Far to the Southwest, a very different Glatorian sat in a very different locale. Capstone's bar was always packed, and noisy to boot, but for the Water Glatorian, it may as well have been empty. The only things he registered in his alcohol-induced stupor was the bottle in front of him, and the bar just beyond. 

He hadn't always been like this, of course. Once upon a time, he'd been somebody. An ace pilot for Fe's military. But Fe was gone, and no one wanted a man who might betray them for his now dead city. So he sat here, piddling his widgets away so he could make himself not think about any of it.

And he did so in drunken bliss.

IC:Paju-Tesara Market

"Thanks," Paju replied, "but I think I've got it." She tacked the add up, then turned to the newcome. Her hasty addendum said'totally down for some bounty hunting.

"How are you doing today?"she asked the Ko-Matoran.

IC: Kane-Oma-Chasing Vista Baby.

Kane heard the sound of blasters firing and instinctively dived to the left. The blasts missed by inches.

Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

Hestala frowned. She was sure that she would have gotten at least one hit on the Rockoh, but oh well.

As the other ship's course changed, she kept her Skyblasters fixed on it, easily moving the lever to change their position but keeping her thumb off of the button. She would wait for the Rockoh to come very close before firing again; at a close range, she could almost guarantee something would get punctured.

"Very well, captain." Coyle offered Toruhn a curt nod, and started to wander.

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Temujin - Fe Crater:

"Great Beings above that's lodged in your guts real good, huh?" He adjusted his grip a bit and with a squelch and no small amount of viscera, the barbed spear came free. "There we are, one impalement, undone!" He looked over at the Zyglak, "Right then, you wanted to know about my shiny bits, eh? Well, my friend, I've had them for millennia, since before that big robotic fellow left the planet! Lost them in the Core Wars, nasty bit of fighting that was."

He turned the body over, stripping the coat from it.

"Now how am I going to prove it was really you, and I'm not as off my rocker as people say I am, hmm...?" He asked the corpse. "Your coat may be quite defining, but it's hardly good solid proof, now is it?"

GM IC: Temujin - Fe Crater.

Unsurprisingly, the corpse does not respond.

IC: Porangi - Fe Crater

Porangi sighed with disappointment. "Then I assume whoever hooked you up with that hardware-" Porangi now stepped from behind the rubble, revealing the stub where his right arm used to be, "- couldn't do so for me too?" He then looked at the corpse again. "Who is that anyway?" Porangi asked, cautiously starting to make his way over.

IC: Tarutu - Tesara Marketplace

The largest market Tesara had ever hosted, huh?

Count her interested.

The whine of engines that weren't quite as well-tuned as they maybe could have been broke the stillness overhead for a moment, as the very world-worn Rockoh circled once, its occupant craning her neck over the too-high control panel to scan for a place to land. Given the occasion, the area was understandably crowded; all the same, her orange eyes were sharp and it took her no more than a few moments to pick out a vacant parking bay. Cutting abruptly downwards, the Ga-Matoran claimed the spot for her own, pulling neatly into bay. The battered vehicle rather clunked as it set down, but its driver seemed not to think anything of this. After taking a moment to disconnect the Lucky Find's ignition - she didn't know why anyone would want to steal a battered wreck like this... but it was her livelihood, so better safe than sorry - she hopped down from the pilot's seat and looked around her.

Tesara wasn't a usual stop for her, unless a client specifically wanted something that had to be found in the jungle village; but as purveyor of rare items, Tarutu thought, it would be remiss of her to overlook such an opportunity. While she half suspected that the advertised great market would be more about selling food and produce than anything else, you never knew just who else might set up a stall for other kinds of wares. She had no commission to acquire any specific goods this time around, for business had been slow for the past couple of days; but Tarutu was a Matoran who always had an eye for things that might prove valuable later.

She would browse... and she would pick up anything that showed promise, keep it until she found someone who was actively looking for it... and sell it on to them for a healthy profit.

What? She wasn't doing this out of the goodness of her heart, after all.

Shielding her eyes against the sun - did it seem even brighter and more withering when you were high up on this pillar of a village, overlooking the whole desert, or was that just her? - the Matoran flicked a quick acknowledgement in the direction of the guard who seemed to be overseeing the marketplace. While her chosen profession was, arguably, bordering on the wrong side of the law (at least, the part of it that included the smuggling of illicit goods) Tarutu had discovered a while back that you gave lawpersons far less cause to be suspicious of you if you simply acknowledged them with respect. As far as Jira need be concerned, she was just as legal as any other market visitor going about their business.

OOC: Tarutu is open for interaction ^^

Edited by Darth Jaller

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

IC: Rakin-Indomnible

"Sure thing. Taking knelt down. The monkey brought over the toolbox and handed Taking a brush on command, which he used to start brushing dirt out of the engines.

IC: Kane-oma- chasing Vista Baby

Kane swung upward again, aiming to pull up along the side of the ship.

IC Temujin - Fe Crater:

"Oh, no, the person who made these lovely devices had their life cut tragically short the very day after I got them. But that was life, then! As for this poor fellow, he was once Barlow, a man wanted by quite a few people of late. Seems he met with someone a fair bit nastier than your average pirate or Vorox."

He spotted a tattoo on the man's now exposed arm, something he'd seen on one or two other people. A slave's marking."Didn't quite get the freedom you were looking for, eh? Shame. Well, that seems like as good of proof as any."

It was in pretty bad shape, what with having been thrown down a mountain and all. Temujin pulled the knife out once more, "Don't worry my friend, I'll only borrow it for a moment." With a deft hand he slipped the knife under the broken skin and carefully cut away the portion with the tattoo.

To be honest, he wasn't sure if the tattoo was even well known about enough to provide any sort of proof, but between it, the spear, and the coat, he felt confident enough in his chances.

After replacing the knife to its proper place, he put the body into as best an at peace position as he could. He wasn't really sure if the man deserved it, or even if those curious biomechanical fellows had customs about death, but either way leaving him all crumpled against the ground felt... Wrong, somehow. Finishing up, he wrapped the cut piece of Steltian and the spear in the coat and stuffed the whole lot into one of the bags on the Bandit.

IC: Viann - Vehicle Checkup

She glanced to the monkey. “Be careful not to scratch it, okay?” She said to the monkey who was not currently even touching her ship.

Surprisingly, the ship was in quite good shape as Rakin would find. “What should I call you, then?” Viann asked the mechanic, crouching down to see what he was brushing.

IC Temujin - Fe Crater:

"Saw his face on a poster in New Atero. Apparently they'd very much like to find him, but I figure they'd be equally interested in knowing he's been killed. I can't say if it'll be enough to prove it, but I can't exactly take the whole body."

Edited by The UltimoScorp

IC Temujin - Fe Crater:

"No, and even if I did, I'm afraid I don't have the time to, I much suspect I'll be wanting to see where that Airship got off to."

He clambered back into the pilot's seat of the Orange Bandit and began bringing the Jetrax's engines to life. "If you want to try hauling him, I'm sure someone in New Atero would be most pleased to see the whole body. As for me, I'll just have to make do with what I have!"

Hm.  She hadn't been expecting that.  But oh well, she would adapt.

Hestala reversed the maneuver that had turned her around, re-positioning herself so that the cockpit of the Vista Baby faced the same direction she was traveling once again.  On the horizon, the green bulk of Tesara had grown larger; she was making good time, and, bar any further complications during this flight, she should be there within the hour.  But in order to make that time, she had to swat this fly that was annoying her.

Flicking the lever again, she re-aimed the Skyblasters as far to the side as they would go, but again, did not immediately thumb the switch.  Instead, she moved her hand to a blue button, that opened and closed the side ramp of the Vista Baby.  If need be, she would press the button and bring the side ramp out, to push the pursuing Rockoh away.

IC: Akkitu- Tesara Market

"I'm doing quite well. I was actually looking for people to help me organize an expedition to the Arena. Would you be interested?", asked Akkitu, looking at the flyer.

OOC: I'm sorry if I didn't use the comma/question mark/quotations properly in the above sentences.

RPG Characters: Explota Akkitu

IC: Paju-Tesara

Paju looked surprised. "Sure, I would love to, I mean," She took a moment to regain her compsure, "...It depends on how much you are paying..." She finished, trying not to seem rude. "I'm just trying to find work, so I'm not really available for freebees." 

IC: Kane-Oma-Chasing Vista Baby

Keeping an eye on the cannons, Kane-Oma swerved towards his target, moving upwards and swinging his axe in a wide arc.

GM IC: Tesaran Marketplace

The markets were now in full swing. Expansive crowds of citizens and visitors alike jostled in and around the stalls, perusing wares, making purchases, and chatting among themselves. The area was an ocean of differences – different clothes, different species, different colours, different heights – all united in their common desire to enjoy the day.

Almost all of them.

Screams of pain and panic erupted from bystanders as an electro-rocket suddenly came screaming in from the northern corner of the marketplace, annihilating a fruit vendor’s cart in an explosion of fire and lightning. The crowd scattered and ran, shoving and trampling over each other in an effort to escape. A second, then a third rocket, each one coming from a different direction to the first, soon followed, striking stalls near to where the first had.

The markets of Tesara were under attack. 

IC: Paju-Tesara Market

At the sound of explosions and screaming Paju perked up. "Hold that thought," She said to the Ko-Matoran. She began to run away from the notice board back into the core of the market, unslinging her rhotuka spinner from her back and attaching it to her arm.

IC: Garuda - Central Tesara

Garuda scrambled back to the top of the board and looked around wide-eyed. Feral fight or flight burned in her veins, and ultimately she decided to flee, hopping down and scampering into the shadows of an alley.

IC: Mirror - Southern Tesara

Mirror's darkest fears were confirmed as the first explosion echoed over the city, followed by two more. Mirror ran back to the other guards in the south, pushing through the crowds all running the other way. "Clear the way please! Tesara guard coming through!"

IC: Eoron - Indomitable (New Atero Skies)

Grumbling to himself, Eoron continued into the airship, but stopped short once again to salute Coyle. "Commander. Good to see you here."

IC: Akkitu- Tesara Market

The Sight was parked in an alleyway, just as Akkitu had left it. Pushing a button on a remote control device, he opened the cockpit of the vehicle. As the Ko-Matoran hopped inside, he wondered to himself, "What is going on?"

That thought quickly disappeared, however, as Akkitu closed the cockpit, started the vehicle, and prepared for battle.

RPG Characters: Explota Akkitu

"Ah... Eoron, isn't it?" Remembering the name of everyone in New Atero's military was no easy task, but Coyle did his best to recall whoever he could, "Good to see you, as well."

GM IC: Mirror - Tesara Marketplace.

As he and the other guards pushed back into the marketplace area, Mirror would find the area caught in the chaos of a crossfire. While many of those in the crowd had tried to flee, there simply wasn't enough room for them all to run, and many had taken instead to hiding in, under, or behind whatever shelter they could find within the marketplace itself. 

A scattered handful of guardsmen and brave civilians were exchanging fire with the attackers: three hulking figures clad in tattered grey cloaks, though their efforts were serving only to further endanger the civilians still caught in the area. 

Conspicuous in her absence, Captain Jira was nowhere to be seen. 

IC Temujin - Fe Crater:

The Iron Glatorian responded with his own name, but sadly it was drowned out over the sound of the Orange Bandit's engines, and he pulled away and up into the sky with a jaunty sort of wave to the Zyglak. Once airborne, he put all power into finding the Airship he'd seen before, headed in the general direction of New Atero.

GM IC: Temujin - near Fe crater

Strangely, the airship Temujin sought was nowhere to be found.

IC: Tarutu - Tesara marketplace

Oh...

Makuta-spit.

The moment the first explosion hit, the Ga-Matoran had hit the ground, years of learned instinct from her days as Ga-Koro guard kicking in. When things started going to Karzahni, you didn't stand around making yourself a target, and she was far too disciplined to run screaming; no, your best bet was to get low and keep your head down and try to make some sense of what was going on rather than panicking wildly. Scrambling under the nearest shelter she could find - not that another market stall offered her more than the most basic protection, and even that was hopelessly optimistic considering how easily they were being blown to pieces across the way - the Matoran fumbled for her weapon even as she took stock of the situation.

For a moment, she glanced back in the direction of the guard who she'd acknowledged upon arrival. She hadn't given Jira any thought since then, having busied herself with glancing over prospective merchandise... but somehow, she couldn't summon any surprise when the glatorian was no longer anywhere to be seen. Figured, didn't it? Those who were supposed to be responsible for everyone else's safety always seemed to be the first to want to save their own necks, in this accursed world.

Give her the camaraderie from back in Ga-Koro, any day.

But, for now, that was neither here nor there. Other guards were shooting at the trio who seemed to be responsible for the carnage, while many of the market's occupants scrambled for safety; and Tarutu registered some surprise as a fellow Ga-Matoran, rhotuka launcher in hand, dashed past her in the opposite direction to those who were fleeing. Most matoran who hadn't been guards themselves in their past lives would have gone to great lengths to avoid any and all conflict... so the sight of another running straight into the heart of the fight left Tarutu reluctant to let herself be upstaged. Grasping her electro-blade tightly, she sprung from her hiding spot and sprinted after Paju.

"What's the plan of attack?" she called ahead to the other.

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

IC: Paju-Tesara Market

Paju spotted one of the attackers and ran in his direction. Suddenly she registered that she had backup, another Ga-matoran, one who thought that Paju had a plan. "Um," Paju shouted, "I'll slow them down, you disarm them or something!" She began charging her spinner.

Edited by Smudge8