Skyrise: Ascent - IC Topic

Nato G

IC: Porangi - New Atero, Skrall Situation

Porangi looked up and promptly spotted the tower towering over the city. "Oh, that tower over there? Alright then, thanks fellas." Porangi took one step away before immediately turning around again. "Actually, if y'all don't mind me asking, what's happening over there?" He asked, pointing to the commotion.

IC: Armani - Looking At This Tiny Man

Armani tactfully held back a comment about how, physically, it was rather hard not to talk down to him. "Apologies, Tuma, I thought that question was implied when I was asking what you were doing here. As in, standing in the middle of the street with multiple hostages. But, I can understand that being lost in the flow of conversation. What are your demands?"

She did not like where this was going, but seeing as she didn't like any part of this situation so far, she figured she may as well play along. She didn't want the hostages getting hurt... even if they were spies.

She would be having a long talk with Hakkzan after this.

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

IC: Kastir - Capstone bar

"Hm."

He had a point, Kastir had to admit. Whatever had been going on with their old universe, rules of three (or, almost as often, six) had indeed seemed to be pretty common, looking back. She'd not given it any real thought at the time, just assuming it was the way the world worked... but, she supposed, when it turned out that your home for a few thousand years had been a giant robot built by some of the same breed of unusual beings who inhabited this vast desert, people would start asking questions about the meaning behind it all.

She never had, granted... Kastir had been far more caught up in making a living in the wasteland out here than puzzling out the mysteries of the downed robot they'd all left behind. But clearly Drukann had been doing some serious thinking on it, and he was probably not the only one.

She noticed, a moment later, that the Skakdi was catching her eye, the expectation clearly that she got what he was alluding to. The giant instinct was to confess ignorance outright; she paused, however, before the words could leave her mouth. She wasn't sure she new quite what Drukann was getting at; but she had a couple of guesses, at least.

"The three major settlements? Cliffside, Tesara and Atero?"

Whether that was it, she wasn't sure; but, in her defence, she still wasn't up-to-date on local news yet.

IC : Tarutu - Tesara Marketplace

Well... might as well resume her original purpose here where she'd left off.

It seemed that no-one did want her help to pick up the pieces, not immediately at any rate; and, in any case, Tarutu had found herself being rounded up with the rest of the witnesses to give testimony. While a part of her resented the additional intrusion on her time, the Ga-Matoran knew she really didn't have much to add that hadn't already been said, so she bit her tongue and curbed her irritation. Her statement, such as it was, had been taken, and she'd reluctantly left contact details should the guard need to pursue her account further... and had been declared free, more or less, to go about her business.

And, with holders of the undamaged stalls cautiously popping back up and moving, once again, to display their wares, Tarutu saw no reason not to resume browsing. The troubles of the Tesara guard were really none of her business, at least insomuch as she'd already played her part; and, after the extra trouble it had caused her, she certainly had no intention of returning home empty-handed. Moving a bit slower than normal, to treat her freshly-bruised body with care, the Ga-Matoran started to again wander between the stalls, casting her orange gaze across them in search of merchandise that she would be able to sell on, back in New Atero, for a higher price than it would cost her here.

Of course, she was always alert, too, to her surroundings. Especially after that attack, her guard wasn't going to be let down anytime soon; and, though her electroblade was deactivated, Tarutu kept one hand lightly upon its hilt as she walked. Just in case.

OOC: Tarutu is, again, open for interactions ^^

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

IC: Mirror - Tesara Guardhouse

"A bounty hunter then," Mirror sighed. "The best way to protect this city would be to release you to whatever fate they had in mind for you. I'm going to recommend as much to the Captain... unless you have a reason I shouldn't?"

IC: Garuda - Tesara Outskirts

Garuda shook her head. "I ran as soon as I saw them!"

IC: Eoron - New Atero Residential District

Eoron watched the discussion as an island of stoicism in the sea of clamor. New Atero was within their rights, after all, and all these deviants were doing were proving why such measures were in place.

IC: Kaenis - New Atero Residential District

All their walking had carried them into the Residential District, and Kaenis suddenly became aware of the noise of an angry crowd somewhere not far away. She finally turned toward Bacchus desperately. "Seriously, give me that stuff. I need to get out of here!"

IC: Taurek - False Information

I looked him where I'd assume his eyes would be for a good minute. I could take him. 

Nobody would miss him. Tesara's guard force had more important things to worry about than some murderous bounty hunter (which they already had a large excess of).

"I don't know the Vortixx. Thought it might have been an old ex-girlfriend of mine. It wasn't. Not ashamed to say I was glad about that." I lied, for now. I wanted to at least try to give him the choice to avoid conflict. More than he can say.

IC: Viann - Watching by in New Atero

The De-Skakdi sat by, watching the situation in case it all kicked off, her smile unwavered by the situation at hand.

Edited by Triple D

GM IC: Silvana - Tesara Guardhouse.

"You could do that... but what happens the next time someone decides to shoot up your streets to get to me, or anyone else?"

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

GM IC: Disgruntled Guards - Residential District, New Atero.

"Nothing you need to worry about, citizen. Move along." 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

GM IC: Angry Skrall - Residential District, New Atero.

"What we want is an explanation for why the military that's supposed to protect everyone in this city is breaking its own laws and treating us like we're the enemy, when we haven't done anything to warrant it... recently. And then we want a public apology from whoever orchestrated this." 

Edited by Nato the Traveler

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Paju-Tesara Market

Having just finised getting interviewed by the guards Paju waked up to Tarutu. "Hey, hows it going?"

IC: Rakin-Indomnible

Not having a vehicle of his own, Rakin stayed on board the Indomnible and watched the proceedings from a distance

IC: Kane-Oma-Chasing Vista Baby

The Mukau's steep dive allowed it do dodge most of the blasts. One of them barely impacted on the engines and Kane-Oma had to wrestle with the controls to stay on course. He yanked the controls up again, and added more speed, attempting to ram the bottom of Vista Baby

OOC: Man, I don't know why I thought having Kane-Oma chase down Hestala was a good idea...

Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

IC: Vrokdann - New Atero [Trading Sector]

Vrokdann was keeping an eye on the (surprisingly kind) little guy from earlier, making sure he wouldn't notice her turning around to the parking lot. Sure enough, he changed his attention towards some other unusual female, giving her a chance to finally stop walking towards market stands without any currency on her.

-You know, maybe you shouldn't have opened that door for him. He doesn't look like the kind of person you want to associate with right now. We're trying to enter society, remember?-

"I don't know, he looked like a good person, that little guy. And he looked professional, too! Imagine what we could make him owe us!"

Suddenly her name was pronounced. In a blink she was almost face-to-face with the pronouncer: a tall, threatening, amphibious being, of blue skin and carrying a massive cylinder. The being had inquiries, and pretty bad humour. Fortunately, Vrokdann was in a good mood.

"So, someone shot at your stand, huh? Well, I'm pretty sure it wasn't me..."

-Actually, Vrokdann, it was very much you. You know, during our little argument?-

"shush drendakk i'm trying to get us out of something here"

The being wasn't eating it.

"Okay, it probably was me. But, it was just an accident! And as you can see, nothing happened to your stand!" She pointed at what she assumed was the being's stand. It was wet and full of animal-based products in varying degrees of attractiveness. Laser vision couldn't have done any of that. "Trust me, if I'd wanted that stand down it'd be a burning husk right now."

The being was not eating it.

-You probably shouldn't have said that last part, now he'll see you as a threat. Try to give him something.-

"Ugh, come on man, what do you want? Is it an apology? Sorry. There, you're fine? Can we move along?"

The being was not going to eat it anytime soon.

"Do you need any help? Huh? I have a bunch of armour in the back. Want some? Huh? Want me to punch somebody? I can do that too. I have a ship, too. I can make deliveries. Want that? Huh? Is there anything I can do to compensate FOR NOT DOING ANYTHING TO YOUR STAND?!"

-Irnakk, please take her away...-

OOC: Vrokdann's having a healthy one-way conversation with Waveahk, whose stand just happened to be on the way of her Laser vision. She's in trouble.

I'm Vrokdann in Skyrise: Ascent, and Luntep in the BZPRPG.

[sigfig in tunnel]

My profile pic's a cool little thing I made called Bettani. That thing up there's just a me inside a tunnel.

IC: Armani - Her Player, Trying To Sound Intellectual When Full Of Pizza And Regret,

"When I have an explanation, I will give it to you. When I find out who is behind this, you will have your apology." Armani gestured behind her. "For now, all I have is a spectacle. You've made your point, Tuma. Do you plan to keep making it behind prison bars?"

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

GM IC: Angry Skrall - Residential District, New Atero.

"Is that a threat?" Tuma bellowed, gesturing with his sword towards the group of Skrall behind him, "We aren't the ones in the wrong here. If we cannot trust those who uphold the law, what choice do we have other than to take that law into our own hands?"

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Armani - Jeez

"You are holding hostages, in the middle of the street, shouting accusations against the Guard," Armani said loudly, though not angrily- it was more of a stern tone than anything. "If anything, I was offering you the opposite of a threat. These people broke into your homes, you are rightfully angry. But surely, you understand that holding them captive in the middle of the street is against the law."

If she weren't always standing with perfect posture, she would have drawn herself up higher, a surprisingly steely glint in her eyes. "Do not twist my words. That in itself is dishonesty. I am trying to help you, Tuma. I cannot do that if you are going to spark distrust in our city. And to what end? If these are spies, I will see to it- personally- that the culprits behind this are caught. That is how things should be done. Fixing things instead of tearing them down."

IC: Porangi - New Atero, Skrall Situation

Oh! They thought he was a citizen. For a moment, Porangi felt a bit elated. If they confused him for a citizen, then perhaps one day he could be!

But then his heart sank. Because he knew he couldn't live with this kind of a lie. And so, with a heavy heart, he sighed and explained. "I'm... not actually a citizen here. I wish I were, but I'm just some outsider. I'm sorry that I deceived you, it was not my intent."

IC: Tacitus - Tesara

Tacitus glared at Taurek for a few more moments. "Ex-girlfriend? Really?"

IC: Drukann - Capstone Bar

Drukann nodded. "Exactly, but they weren't always three, once there was a fourth settlement, Fe. Nobody knew where it was, until a few years ago, and then blam! It was gone! Destroyed by New Atero and scattered into the wind. And then there were only three. Coincidence? Maybe. Probably. I don't know, maybe I am crazy. Wouldn't be unprecedented, considering my kin." Drukann sighed and took another sip from his bottle.

IC: Matilda - Shoot I Missed The Reply

She smiled, relieved. "Good work. You did great, Garuda."

After a moment, she glanced up towards the city, concerned. "... Were they still there when you left?"

GM IC: Guards - New Atero.

"That's fine. We... shouldn't have assumed?" The guards exchanged uncertain glances, clearly unused to this sort of response, "Have a nice day, and please do something with that head before you freak anyone else out."

GM IC: Angry Skrall, Residential District, New Atero.

Several conflicting expressions flitted across Tuma's face. He glanced towards his allies, then back at Armani, then beyond her to Hakkzan and the other guards. "Fine." He growled, planting his sword point-first in the ground and gesturing at Stronius, "Let them go." 

"Wait, we can't just-"

"Do you want to validate their fear of us by starting a fight we can't win?" 

Stronius silently shook his head, and reached down to start untying the hostages. 

Tuma looked back to Armani, "You'd best deliver on your word, and quickly. Contrary to rumour, the Skrall of this city aren't all beholden to my word. I may not be able to prevent others from escalating this situation."

IC: Armani - Making Friends

Despite herself, she smiled. Not her usual massive beam, but a smaller, more reserved one. "Thank you, Tuma, for understanding. I want what's best for our city- and that includes our people. Bringing distrust and discord will not help anyone, especially not when brought from those who are meant to protect us. I will see this matter resolved."

She turned to the guardsmen, and ordered, "ARREST THE ALLEGED SPIES. BRING THEM IN FOR QUESTIONING."

As she ordered this, her gaze passed over Hakkzan. Though her expression was not incredibly angry, the look in her eyes could probably communicate that she would be wanting answers.

GM IC: Hakkzan - Residential District, New Atero.

Perhaps unsurprisingly, the guards did as Armani commanded. As they moved in to arrest their plainclothes counterparts, Tuma and the other Skrall backed off, some lingering to watch, others returning to their homes or daily business. 

Hakkzan, on the other hand, continued refusing to meet Armani's gaze. Guilt was written all over his face.

IC: Armani - Hoo Boy

Hakkzan might have been trying to avoid her gaze, but she wasn't giving him the same courtesy. Once the spies had been arrested, she turned on her heel and briskly approached Main Man Hakkzan.

"Your Spikiness," she said, smiling brightly. "It seems there has been some sort of misunderstanding. Could I have a word with you about the matter? I'd like to be able to reassure the populace that the Guard is not sending spies to break into the houses of civilians as soon as possible."

IC: Waveahk (New Atero Trading Sector)

"Well, I'm sure we can come to some arrangement that doesn't involve me informing the authorities about your little 'outburst.' It's the principle of the thing, rather than any actual harm caused, you see."

Waveahk opens the cylinder with one hand, and starts guzzling down water. After four or so gulps, he closes the cylinder and turns back to Vrokdann.

"As you're aware, I sell meat. To acquire this meat, I hunt giant monsters in the toxic seas of Aqua Magna with laser-guided harpoons. Dangerous work, but I assume that doesn't bother you too much."

IC: Mirror - Tesara Guardhouse

"Ah. Maybe I should add exile to my recommendation." He was tired of these games. There were better things to be doing in this town than speaking to the mercenary who had endangered all of it.

IC: Garuda - Tesara Outskirts

She shook her head again. "No. One of them blew up, and the other two got chopped into bits."

IC: Eoron - New Atero

A wise call on Tuma's side. It was the only hope of "justice" the traitor was going to receive.

Now... about that aircraft. Eoron turned and started on his way back to the Parking District.

IC: Porangi - New Atero

Porangi nodded, and went on his way, trying to find his way to the tower.

"I do. Though not because I wish to quell any semblance of unearned pride you may have, but because you're lying to me." Tacitus still made no show of grabbing for his weapon.

GM IC: Silvana - Tesara Guardhouse. 

"Don't I need to have committed a crime before you can do that?" The Vortixx's smile flipped into a taunting frown, "I'm the victim here."

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

GM IC: Hakkzan - Residential District, New Atero.

"So you'd like to lie to them, then? Go ahead."

IC Toruhn - Indomitable - New Atero Sky:

"I wholeheartedly agree, sir. I'll not take any more of your time." Toruhn gave a quick salute, then turned to tend her ship, headed back tot he bridge. As she went, she let her mind drift to what had been said. What His spikiness did was not for her to question, but she couldn't help but to wonder at the reason he'd decided to spy on the populace of their own great city. True, there was unrest, but that was to be expected, especially following the mess with Fe only two years previous. There were some things that needed to be kept from the public eye, that was simply the nature of Governing, and even of serving those governed. People individually were generally rational beings, but as a group, they tended to be dangerously easy to upset and even easier to drive to violence. This penchant was tempered somewhat by the longevity of the native population of Spherus Magna, but with that longevity came long running feuds and grievances. Whatever the case, the Ce-Skakdi would do her duty. She believed in New Atero, and in those governing it. 

And that was enough for her. 

As she stepped into the bridge she refocused, "Nav, bring us about, I want us ready in case things start coming up to us."

Slowly, the massive Airship swung around, presenting a less patriotic image, but a distinctly more defensible one.

IC: Porangi - New Atero, The Tower

Porangi approached the tower's entrance, where the notice board in front grabbed his attention. Curious, he looked it over, eyeing it high and low, until something caught his attention.

The depths are dead, but dreams are not. A diving bell awaits on the shores of Aqua Magna.

Take it. Dive in, delve deep, and find the answers to your most treasured desires.

Porangi's eyes looked almost haunted. On that same day of his near-death experiences, he recalled this, the deep dive he had taken in after the diving bell... the diving bell. Porangi shook his head, regaining his composure (whatever that looked like).

It was then that he noticed another poster. The wanted poster for Barlow, he recognised the face, requesting any available information on his whereabouts and promising a HEFTY REWARD?!? Placing the head down for a moment, he quickly tore off the wanted poster, before picking up the head again and strolling on inside The Tower.

GM IC: Coyle - Residential District, New Atero. 

Upon finishing his conversation with Toruhn, Coyle had boarded his aircraft and flown down to land upon the cleared rooftop of a guard-owned building in the residential district. Once parked, he made his way down to ground level, and approached the street where the Skrall had been gathered.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

GM IC: Porangi - The Tower.

Porangi would succeed only in strolling face-first into a locked door. "State your business, stranger." Barked a cloaked creature of indeterminate gender or species, which sat perched on a bench beside the door. 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

GM IC: Guards - Tesara Guardhouse.

"If you're another pair of well-intentioned citizens come to inform us that there's been an incident in the marketplace... we already know." One of the guards at the door grumbled, barely bothering to actually look at Tekmo and Akkitu.

IC: Porangi - New Atero, The Tower

"Ow." Porangi shook his head, momentarily dazed from whacking his head into the door, before turning to the figure. "I have the head of a baron!- I mean, Barlow!" He said, proudly presenting the head, with the wanted notice hanging from below.

IC: Armani - Experiencing the Exact Opposite of Subtlety

"Actually, I was hoping to give you the benefit of the doubt." She didn't want to say too much in public, in case things took a turn for the even worse. But, from what she could gather, Hakkzan had a part in this- something that surprised her. "This is not something I would expect from New Atero. And our own guards... You must have thought about how this would look. What this would do to our people's trust in their Guard."

~

IC: Matilda - With Babies

"Good. That's... that's really good." Matilda nodded to herself, relieved. "Are you okay, Garuda? As in, how are you feeling?"

There was a sudden loud clang as the butt of Tacitus' axe slammed into the ground next to him, crimson energies enveloping the rhotuka launcher built into the weapon's head.

"You heard me." Tacitus simply said, his deep rumbling voice carrying the same no-nonsense tone as it had up to this point, yet also accompanied by a low growl of patience running dry.

GM IC: Porangi - The Tower, New Atero.

"Why are you just carrying that around?" The creature shuffled away from the severed head, "At least put it in a bag or something." It reached out to unlock the door, opening it for Porangi, "The bounty collection desk is just inside.The usual guy called in sick, so Doctor K is holding down the fort for the day... sucks to be you."

GM IC: Hakkzan/Coyle - Residential District, New Atero.

"Of course I thought about it. I also thought they wouldn't get caught."

He looked about to say something more, but in that moment Coyle approached him, "Looks like you didn't need my help after all. Well done."

"Don't thank me." Hakkzan grumbled, pointing at Armani, "She was the one who talked Tuma down."

IC: Armani - Residential District, New Atero

Armani saluted, deciding to let Hakkzan's comment pass for now. "Greetings, Commander! Tuma agreed to release the suspected spies in return for an explanation for the illegal activities of said spies, as well as a public apology from the person or persons behind them. I told him I would investigate the matter personally. It is deeply worrying that someone is seeking to treat New Atero citizens this way. I fear, if this happens again, it may be beyond even my power to resolve the public outcry peacefully."

GM IC: Porangi - The Tower, New Atero.

"We do not. That's what the trade district is for." The being assured Porangi, gesturing to the door, "Are you going in or not?"

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

GM IC: Coyle - Residential District, New Atero.

"I see. That's.... unfortunate." Coyle grimaced, "Looks like I'll have to start working on my apology speech."

IC: Armani - Problem Sleuth

"You, Commander? But... Why?"

There was something very wrong here. She changed her salute to a stand at attention, glancing briefly to Hakkzan for his reaction to the news.

IC: Tekmo (Tesara Guardhouse)

"No, actually. I just came to make sure he-" Tekmo gestures towards Akkitu. "-does what he's supposed to do and hands evidence of the crime scene over to the authorities."

He turns to face the Ko-Matoran, and now talks directly to him. "Which you could have done earlier."