Bionicle Mafia 2.5: The Big City

Burnmad

You had to kill somebody, so you did, and you ended up killing the lawyer? So wonderful, especially because it means I get some vengeance from beyond the grave. You villagers should mess up more. Then my comrades will exterminate you all. And we will win. Then we will mess up and kill ourselves. :)

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

Oh, Pit that has yet to experience the glory of the darkness of the darker side, have you forgotten?I'M ALREADY DEAD. I was never revived. You're all going to die and join me if everything goes to plan. Horribly, I might add. Except our plan isn't that good. We never really communicated with each other, and that's a bad thing. A Mafia that communicates would be a deadly one, or so I assume. So many people that had so much potential as part of the mafia never were in it, and some people in the mafia are useless. It's a good thing my rotating boss is at least competent. You know what? You should kill your traitorous doctor. Like some detectives had dirty secrets, a doctor has a dirty secret too. He should be thankful he isn't dead yet.

A Mafia that communicates would be a deadly one, or so I assume.

Nah; I proved that one two years ago, where I pretty much single-handedly won the game. That's the best thing about having no godfathers; once you get an active person in there, you can just begin to pick off people the moment the scene ends. ;)Also, I didn't forget you were dead, I meant the Mafia in general by 'you'. =P

Oh, so I guess I'm now the Mafia's public relations, and that I now represent the Mafia? How nice. Our goal is to kill you all. We make greaterrible leaders.The problem with our Mafia is the rotating bosses which means we can never really co-ordinate things so we have to communicate if we want to be a real threat. And more than half of us are dead now, and there's a person operating from behind the scenes I still don't know about...

Yes, killing any more beneficial roles would certainly throw a wrench in the plan. So would getting tossed by the Mafia goons. My, my, Pitty Pat, Burnmad must hate you even more than I do!

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

Oh, Pit that has yet to experience the glory of the darkness of the darker side, have you forgotten?I'M ALREADY DEAD. I was never revived. You're all going to die and join me if everything goes to plan. Horribly, I might add. Except our plan isn't that good. We never really communicated with each other, and that's a bad thing. A Mafia that communicates would be a deadly one, or so I assume. So many people that had so much potential as part of the mafia never were in it, and some people in the mafia are useless. It's a good thing my rotating boss is at least competent.You know what? You should kill your traitorous doctor. Like some detectives had dirty secrets, a doctor has a dirty secret too. He should be thankful he isn't dead yet.

Oh, so I guess I'm now the Mafia's public relations, and that I now represent the Mafia? How nice. Our goal is to kill you all. We make greaterrible leaders.The problem with our Mafia is the rotating bosses which means we can never really co-ordinate things so we have to communicate if we want to be a real threat. And more than half of us are dead now, and there's a person operating from behind the scenes I still don't know about...

Overreaction, much?Seriously, no need to get that riled up.

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

The one thing I've always thought about when considering if I'd ever host a game, is that there ought to be some kind of logic towards each round. By that I mean that it would help if there were some kinds of clues. Something that leads towards the killer instead of villagers having to take a complete shot in the dark.

You guys should see the head-shaped hole in my wall right now.

- :burnmad:

The one thing I've always thought about when considering if I'd ever host a game, is that there ought to be some kind of logic towards each round. By that I mean that it would help if there were some kinds of clues. Something that leads towards the killer instead of villagers having to take a complete shot in the dark.

You guys should see the head-shaped hole in my wall right now.

P...Please don't hate me...:3

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

Ziko actually clarified it in the blog entry surrounding what to do for future games; it's not necessarily the names of the roles, it's that nothing's mentioned outside the name, and that this seems like some random real-life city.It's pretty much a case of just adding Bionicle elements back into the games. =)

An idea I had for a game was that whenever someone is murdered/lynched, their role isn't actually revealed. After all of the anti-village or pro-village are killed, they're all revived (This could be attributed to the Mask of Life), and the game only ends when someone deduces everyone's role.Thoughts? (Yes, I know it would take forever)

From the entry in question:

What I was trying to say was that the mafia games' Lego references were too sparse, and then calling a single item in a game by a Lego name isn't enough. The "more than just names" was meant as a reference to each game's single Lego aspect, but I see where that wasn't clear.So the issue was that the only Lego inspiration in either game was a title for an otherwise non-Lego feature. One was called "Bionicle" in title, but had no mention of Bionicle anywhere else and was set in what seems to be a normal city. The other didn't have a Lego-related title and was taking in roles from TF2--the only partially Lego aspect of that was the cult being named after Hapori Dume.I think one of the best places to bring in Lego would be the "scene" posts (the rest of the discussion between members probably isn't well-suited to being stuffed with Lego references), which could really bring the game into some Lego world. You don't necessarily have to change the names of roles, especially the classic mafia roles, but it could help bring in more Lego--for instance, calling the villagers Matoran and setting the game on Mata Nui could effectively make the scenes much more Bionicle-y.Using a Lego theme other than Bionicle could also give you more freedom in making roles; themes like Adventurers or City could bring in Lego features without making you integrate something like mask powers into a role. Of course, if you did something like that, you'd need to be sure not to just have, say, a Lego City game title and nothing else--you'd need to reference bricks, sets, official characters, or something in scenes.And I guess I might as well throw this out there--saying that a TF2 mafia belongs in COT isn't supposed to be a threat. I'm just saying that it doesn't work with G&T's Lego rules. It's fine if you want to play a TF2 mafia, and now that Than's been more active, you could probably get one approved more quickly than before.Hopefully that helps clear things up a little? If not, I'd be happy to answer any questions you have and explain anything else that wasn't clear.

Pretty much a case of 'could you guys please add a few more elements, so that we can keep this open for years more?', given that, you know, he plays the series too. =PPlus, I think this was prompted mostly by iBrow's spinoff series, as he was trying to add roles based on pretty much all the roles in TF2, which, well, isn't LEGO at all. =PBurnmad: Bionicle Clue. That'd be awesome. Spinoff, though, since it would take forever, especially if the Mafia's as lazy as normal. =P Edited by Pit: Arrow of Light

An idea I had for a game was that whenever someone is murdered/lynched, their role isn't actually revealed. After all of the anti-village or pro-village are killed, they're all revived (This could be attributed to the Mask of Life), and the game only ends when someone deduces everyone's role.Thoughts? (Yes, I know it would take forever)

I say, you do it as it is ATM here, but when a pro-town role other than a lawyer or snitch is voted in they don't die. Edited by Vorex: Shadow Master

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

Ziko actually clarified it in the blog entry surrounding what to do for future games; it's not necessarily the names of the roles, it's that nothing's mentioned outside the name, and that this seems like some random real-life city.It's pretty much a case of just adding Bionicle elements back into the games. =)

This is pretty much it, and, again, I'm not threatening anyone. What I'm saying is that the games' occasional passing references to Lego aren't enough to warrant them being in a Lego-centric forum, so future games will need to bring in some more. If that doesn't work with a mafia concept you have, you can move the game to COT--the mafia games wouldn't be shut down, they'd just have to go through a different process to be posted.I'm really not trying to be "overly picky." Since the staff changes and posting of a new rules topic, we've been trying to make sure that the topics here fit with the rules--including mafia games. The Cult topic caught our attention more than past topics have, and that led to the reminder of G&T's Lego requirements.And Blade mentioned this, but there's some more information about the Lego requirements in this blog entry's comments that might make things clearer.

I won't need to change anything for the rest of this game, will I, Ziko?ROUND 6

Dear mayor,Things are slowing down, both both pro-village and anti-village are still falling all around. However, the former have suffered a great loss this round.Kal Grochi was walking home from trolling a book club, when he was assaulted by the Mafia. He was tossed to the ground, a huge gash in his side. Shortly, The Wretched Automaton came by and, noticing the poor guy's wound, began to patch him up. Kal Grochi gasped as, just as he was finishing, the doctor was shot through the heart.Kal Grochi attacked by Mafia, saved by Doctor.Doctor killed by Unknown.In the sewers below the street where the previous murder unfolded, Portalfig was walking home the safe way: In a dark, old, rat-infested sewer, where no one could find his corpse him and kill him. He came to a fork, and, not remembering which way his house was, took a wrong turn into an odd, blocked off section of sewer. He looked over at a tattered old coat spread over the ground. Behind him started some heavy breathing. He turned, and was greeted with a wild flailing of arms, knocking him to the ground, where he was brutally killed.Villager killed by Unknown.

Due to the decreasing amount of players, you may vote for anyone who's alive. You, of course, have two votes.Edit: Wait, three votes. I forgot since I just combined the failed and succesful attacks into one scene.

Edited by Burnmad: Toa of Emoticons