Who Could Have Died Without Changing The Plot?

Right, and he couldn't have died until Makuta replaced him anyways. But yeah, after 2006.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

• 2 weeks later...

Turaga Dume. After 2006,he didn't have any role in the story,except for announcing that Mata-nui lives in 2008. He could've died in 2006 and the story could've gone on without him.

Coming June 22nd: Your chance to become an ECC critic! Power of the pen in your hands!

Tarix, Vastus & Strakk.although if MN hadn't seen Strakk being unfair in the ring with Ackar, MN might not have seen Ackar's bravery/courage/awesomesauce and thus wouldn't have the strength to defeat the Skrall & get back to his own world.so in a way, Strakk is a vital character in the MN plot.

Dume could have easily been killed by Teridax instead of just being placed in stasis. I think that scene in Legends of Metru Nui where they discover him would have been much more impactful if he either was dead or passed away then.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

After 2010, I would say Tuma was pretty much useless. He was a problem for the Glatorian and stuff, but once he was defeated by Mata Nui he doesn't seem to have served much of a purpose.And I agree with everyone else that they could have gotten rid of Dume.

I shall be saying this with a sigh

somewhere ages and ages hence:

two roads diverged in a wood, and I

I took the one less traveled by

and that has made all the difference.

-Robert Frost, The Road Less Traveled

Hewkii(spelling?).He was pretty useless, he could have died and nothing of great importance would change.

Somebody had to keep Brutaka occupied and throw rocks at Vezok.
Any other Toa of stone could've done that though. I'll admit that it would have been a difference in personality if some other Po-Matoran had been chosen to become an Inika (and eventually a Mahri), but the six member team easily could have been completed with Hafu or some lesser known Po-Matoran as the stone element.-Ced

Atakus, Perditus and Telluris. 2009 was a terrible year for sets that didn't get used in the story at all.

Come to think of it, did any of the first Glatorian wave do anything relevant to the plot, other than Gresh? I really only recall them squabbling among themselves until the end of the story suddenly happened.~B~

Hewkii(spelling?).He was pretty useless, he could have died and nothing of great importance would change.

Somebody had to keep Brutaka occupied and throw rocks at Vezok.
Any other Toa of stone could've done that though. I'll admit that it would have been a difference in personality if some other Po-Matoran had been chosen to become an Inika (and eventually a Mahri), but the six member team easily could have been completed with Hafu or some lesser known Po-Matoran as the stone element.-Ced
Not to disagree with the original example, but Hewkii was one of the top Kolhii champions. His throwing of stones would logically be a lot more accurate than most.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Gadunka. It was useless in the 2007 story anyways. It grew from the ignika then shrunk again from the ignika. Its only reason was so lego could make another set. Though Gadunka was a cool set.

I thought I read on BS01 a while back that Gadunka, after being shrunk, was eaten by a passing fish, though I could be mistaken (the BS01 page on it is down, so I can't really check).Back on topic... I really think that some of the original Turaga could have died in 2007 without really affecting anything; I was thinking Matau, Onewa, and Whenua (Vakama actually was around for a little bit). No, really! When was the last time that they actually did anything important? 2005? 2006? Besides, they're old... they're close to it anyway. :PHere's a couple people that I think could have died without changing the plot, but I don't care enough to go into large amounts of detail:AxxonVezonAll of the Barraki (where they really necessary to the plot even in '07? Well, I guess they were, kind of, in early '07, but after that, it didn't really matter)Hahli (After about 2008)All the 2006 - 2008 MatoranEhyre, Tehutti, and Orkham (after '04)Roodaka (after '07 or whenever the Rahaga were changed back)TobdukAnd the list goes on and on...

*Insert some sort of banner or photograph here*

Dume could have easily been killed by Teridax instead of just being placed in stasis. I think that scene in Legends of Metru Nui where they discover him would have been much more impactful if he either was dead or passed away then.~|ET|~

This. Until further reading around 2007-2008 I thought this was the case.

sam_7163_-_copy.jpg

The Misadventures of

Onipex and Pals! Go watch it now! :biggrin:

I think that Irnakk would also be useless like Umbra, just an extra set.

Well, his golden piraka headpiece is useful for many Golden Being's MOCs, now that the storyline is over, and it wasn't technically alive, the question asks wether they died, and as something that came from someone's imagination, it doesnt count as alive..

Gelu.He did very little of anything that was important to the story.

He could have in TYQ.-Teezy
He did in Raid on Vulcanus. In fact, Gelu was the main character of that book. Of course, after a certain point, his death would not have had much of an impact.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

• 2 weeks later...

I think Botar didn't have to die. They just replaced him with another of his species anyways so why have him die in the first place.

Well, maybe that was the purpose of it. To show how little the Order valued life, even the life of one of their most loyal members, in comparison to carrying out their mission.Telluris, Perditus, Scodonius, and Kirbraz.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

Trinuma, Perditus, and some Dark Hunters.That said, I don't want them to die.

Onewa7, Encountering Protodermis! I accept PBZP requests! If you want one, PM me the details...

PBZPs in the Archives: A B C C F H K L N P P S T
New Forums PBZPs: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T T U V W X Y Z

If a letter is already taken, I can always do a PZBP, I'll just add another to the list. Blue= done, Red= taken and in progress,

Green= coming soon.
------------
Also check My Bshelf

My comedy: Bionicle Adventures. Part 1 in the Archives. Part 2 here. I accept guest stars requests. Chapter 12 is up!

Malum, I guess? I stopped following the story ages ago, but from what I can gather, he did pretty much nothing in the comics or anything like that.

Malum, I guess? I stopped following the story ages ago, but from what I can gather, he did pretty much nothing in the comics or anything like that.

Almost. He did do some stuff in one of the stories, though at the moment my brain is apparently on vacation and can't remember which one. But he warned some Agori about an impending Skrall attack, so that was kinda big.

I shall be saying this with a sigh

somewhere ages and ages hence:

two roads diverged in a wood, and I

I took the one less traveled by

and that has made all the difference.

-Robert Frost, The Road Less Traveled

Then again, Gresh didn't really act on it, and the Agori just made it into light conversation between Raanu, Berix, and Metus the next day. When the Skall actually did attack, everyone was still caught completely by surprise.Anyway, Malum played a large part in Raid on Vulcanus, leading his Vorox tribe at the Bone Hunters to thin their numbers before the titular raid. He was also one of the stars of Empire of the Skrall, but that story was ultimately of little consequence.

Edited by Lord Ghirahim
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

Mata Nui dying instead of going back into the Ignika would have worked just as well

Most disappointing ending ever. You spend ten years following a story close to your heart, and the main plot device dies. RIP, Mata Nui Water Lamp.

The Key to Nongu

No. Just no. You can say Keetongu, and that would be fine, but the Key to Nongu is legendary, and legends don't just die.

Tahu.png

i wanna be the very best

like no one ever was

to catch them is my real test

to train them is my cause

I've thought of another one, Mutran. I know he did die, but he really had no effect on present storyline. The only story he was central to were the Mutran Chronicles, and that was things he'd done in the past. I doubt his lack of presence would've effected the outcome of the events in Karda-Nui, given Teridax had planned everything out.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

• 2 weeks later...

I say Sidorak. He was really Roodaka's puppet, so anything he did Roodaka could have easily done.

Didn't he die in Web of shadows I thought Keetongu killed him

:smiletol: I am Takanui Nuva. The Toa Nuva of Light :smiletol:
11.gifI also go by Baron Von Brickenstein 11.gif

AFOL, Gamer and overall nice person.

I say Sidorak. He was really Roodaka's puppet, so anything he did Roodaka could have easily done.

Didn't he die in Web of shadows I thought Keetongu killed him
He did. I don't think he could have died earlier, though. Someone had to watch the Horde while Roodaka paid her respects to Makuta. Plus, him dying when he did was a cool plot device that was used later; it's significant that Roodaka killed him..."these guys are related to Sidorak, some guy that Roodaka killed long ago" has less effect then Roodaka killing someone who we actually saw. Makes for a more fun scene.

All of the piraka could have died after '06, maybe except Zaktan, and Nektann but even then you could probably have worked your way around that. However I like that Greg included all these "could have been dead" characters, it makes the universe more broad, I also had a liking to some of the characters even though they were not too useful to the plot.Not to imply that others do not feel the same way.

Edited by Proud Stigma

Divinator of Dreams.
4hcuu9.jpg
This Is Proud Stigma.