Techna: Breakdown

IC: Krash (Krahzia)"Bye!" Then he looked down into his hand. "Shoot. There goes one good block of C-4. This could have blown up a building! Now it's just ashes." He sat down. "He wasn't very nice, was he?"IC: Lekar (Wreakage)Lekar, bored of waiting for Tain to finish his call, had pulled out his hoverboard and was floating around the group on it. "Come on Tain! Can't you walk and talk?"Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

IC: Mror"Eh, I might as well come." Mror's grin continued. "Haven't got anything better to do 'til the Technans arrive."IC: Krayzikk"No, we haven't." Krayzikk said bluntly. "And we don't have any intel to suggest or warn against the usage of explosives."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Nikarra"We could try. If someone was suicidal enough, they could get up close, get the explosive inside it through a mouth or other means, and then someone else could detonate it." Nikarra explained, calmly. "Perhaps it could shrug off a bullet, but I doubt it would survive getting its *** blown off."

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

IC-Ryllia:I frowned at what Krayzikk said; Not even explosives? Great, they're going to be half impossible to kill. "Is there any know way to kill them, or at least frighten them off?" I asked.NPC: Sihkar"Explosives?" I thought to the others, silently laughing. "They couldn't kill us with bullets, why should explosives work?" Then he shrugged. "Then again, they haven't been used against us. Keep your armour strong."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Krayzikk"We have no conclusive evidence. In the engagement you just witnessed, one retreated after being shot at close-range. Fate unknown. Explosives and bullets might work, but we just don't know." Krayzikk glanced at Ryllia. He wasn't surprised to see her in on the briefing. If he could, Krayzikk would have smiled. It took thousands of years, but he finally met an Internal Affairs agent who wasn't after him for something.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC: Ezraftin / Debriefing"What about elemental powers?" Ezraftin asked.IC: AMTaOS - Spores / Wreckage of Techna-NuiThe spores that had gone after Reet continued firing stun blasts at him. Once he was out, his heart rate would be down, and his mutant form would be of no use to him... and he would be test subject #220.IC: Thazris / Krazhia"You should blow him up." Thazris replied. "Blow his house up, blow him up. Blow him up in his house."-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

IC: Dridak"I never make assumptions." Dridak said almost threateningly, giving Mror one last smile before contacting several of his contacts in Krazhia he knew he could trust, telling them to spread word to carry out the orders Ryjak had just given them."Well then!" he clasped his hands almost too enthusiastically. "It looks like we're off! Where to is up to you two."

IC: Nikarra"What about motive? They'd need to have a reason for coming here." Nikarra paused, to think for a moment. "Revenge, maybe? Perhaps they're trying to avenge the one who was shot. Assuming the one who was shot did die."

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

IC: Emma - CHI TowerReceiving message from: Kairan.Respond? y/ny"Kairan!" Emma practically shouted into the comlink, "Are you alright?"-Void

-==IC: Kairan//Hovercraft==-Kairan's face lit up with joy and relief, as Emma finally answered."I'm perfect, aside from being bored locked up in the hovercraft here while Gust and the others go to free the others. What about you? I saw the explosion... You okay?" Kairan asked, though the fact that she answered pretty much made that question just to double check and make sure nothing had happened... And to piece together more of what went on while he was captured.

IC - Ryjak - Venus Tower"One last thing. Destroy all surveillance equipment. All of it. Spread the order. Any camera with the capacity to be hacked must be destroyed or blinded until further notice. We can't have them teleporting in."He turned away from his screens."Then you are free to go to your apartment on level three hundred ninety two, or go anywhere else in Krahzia."

OOC: Thanks. Now Blade can go about his merry way throughout the city without any hope of being effectively caught. xD In this way, I think Ryjak's too smart... Just because he can do something, doesn't necessarily mean everyone else can or will. =P

IC: Thazris / Krazhia"Then blow them all up. Strap yourself with a couple hundred pounds of C4 and go blow yourself up at them."IC: Ezraftin / Debriefing Room"Why dig so deep?" Ezraftin asked Nikarra. "It's impossible to know their motive. Perhaps they're hungry. Perhaps they want to enslave us. Perhaps they simply want to butcher us for being on the same planet as them. It doesn't matter what the cause is, because we really can't change it. What matters is the result, and how we deal with the result."-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

IC: Northern VolcanoArketh's dark and skeletal form emerged from a portal above the volcano's crater. Closing the gateway over him, he gazed down into the giant vent.What lies down there? he wondered as he drifted in the sky.

Edited by Magnus Greel

IC: KrayzikkKrayzikk shrugged. "It's a possibility. It's possible we are intruding on their land. Or maybe we disturbed them when the ship crashed." His optics glowed a little brighter. "It's also possible their motive is beyond our comprehension. This is a completely new species, with completely different logic. It is a distinct possibility."He scanned the room. "But what Ezraftin says is also true. Leave politics to the political."IC: MrorMror shrugged. "Twila's call. I'll go anywhere."

Edited by Krayzikk Champion of RPGs

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC-Ryllia:"We can always find some way to remove them," I said annoyedly. Really, nobody knew why they were attacking us, or how they could be killed. Great.NPC-Sihkar:"Revenge, for me?" The Sihkar said, slightly annoyed. "No. Revenge...for taking our home!" The other Umbrae near him raised a very quiet chorus of clicking, barely echoing through the CHI halls.

profiles i guess

IC-Ryllia:I smiled. "Well, we could always do what was just suggested-kill them," I said. "Or we can use something like an insecticide to remove them from this place. Not killed, but gone. Or we could find out what they want, and possibly come to a peaceful solution." I smiled again."Removal is removal. Getting rid of something by any means possible. And I just suggested three courses of action."

profiles i guess

IC: Thazris / Krazhia"Yes. It's called the Techna-Nui. The big ship that sticks into the sky a couple dozen Kio away. Surely you can't miss it. You lived in it for the last hundred millennia!"Telekinetically, he tossed a loose piece of stone atop the building to the ground below, then rose it up in the air and began tossing it around.IC: Ezraftin / Debriefing Chamber"What we need to do is lure them into an ambush of our own. Perhaps trick them into the city. Kill them off while they're surrounded. The key being, of course, convincing them that they're hidden. Whenever troops are sent out, I would suggest equipping a member of the group with an Elda to provide detection, Mata-Nui willing."OOC: BTW, Kal, you're lucky I traded the Mask of Clairvoyance for the Mask of Detect Evil Truth.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC: Nikarra"While all this trading of ideas is fun, how do we know they can't hear us? They could be listening in on every word we say, and we wouldn't even realise until it was too late." Nikarra pointed out.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

IC: KrayzikkKrayzikk nodded. "Indeed. And all are suggestions that are possibly workable." Krayzikk shrugged again. "I'd love to say I have all the answers. But I don't." He looked at Ezraftin. "Our problem is a little more short term. They are here, now."So until somebody has workable intel, assume they are hostile. And more importantly, assume that they are superior to us in every way. That way, you are prepared for the worst possible scenario."He looked at Nikarra. "In that case, we are royally screwed."

fK5oqYf.jpg

OOC: Who said you had to trade? You still wouldn't automatically find them.IC-Ryllia:"The problem with that plan is this: How many of our own would they kill off before we managed to kill them?" I asked. "We'd have to trade just as many as our own people, if not more than that, for as many Umbrae we can kill. Are you sure you want that to happen?"NPC-Sihkar:"Looks like one has a good sense for what's going on," the Sihkar thought, "Keep a watch on her."OOC: Good job, you just got Nikarra her own personal stalkers. :P

Edited by Kal Grochi

profiles i guess

OOC: Typo. Switch the masks around in what I said.If I had a mask of detect evil, I would use the mask of detect evil, and would detect evil. But I took clairvoyance instead.IC: Ezraftin / Debriefing Room"If we want to keep our communications secure, do them securely." he replied. "Somewhere the Umbrae can't reach us. Or won't. As far as we know they can't teleport, or fly, or do pretty much anything other than be tough. For all we know they're just really tough bugs. And bugs can be squashed.""While you want to prepare for the worst, which is a single one of them being a match for eight Toa, you can't send troops out thinking they're going to die. It's bad for morale."-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

-==IC: Alca//Techna Nui Ruins==-Alca walked into his lab, and thought for a moment. He turned to the only other Replica that had survived the crash, and was still alive, a Toa of Stone. He wasn't sure what happened to the others; but that was of no consequence to him; once he got the Replica Lab up and running again, it would be of no consequence to him."Let's get started." Alca stated, as he looked up, and noticed that the Toa of Iron had suddenly dropped down from a hole that had appeared, and covered up just as quickly."Let's begin to create the new Replica Lab... We can replicate the equipment now, however." Alca said, as he placed the materials he needed for creating another set of Replication Machines into the current set, and started it up."If all goes well, we should be able to have the lab set up by the time tomorrow rolls around." Alca said with a smile, even as the Toa of Iron began to transform the metal surrounding the lab into blocks, and stack them to the side, making a tunnel of sorts to the outside of the ship.If we can get a secret tunnel to the outside, then we can hopefully avoid interactions with that AI system, just in case she decides to betray us... Alca thought, not liking the fact that she was willing to turn on them without even hearing half of his plan. Not seeing the genius of his idea.

OOC: Nikarra's the smart one. XDIC: Nikarra"If you think that's the worst, then you have a very limited imagination. Almost all of our staff are dead. We have no idea how many of them there are in here. A match for eight Toa? How about a hundred? Unless we assume they'll die, we're giving them false hope. And I don't think that's something we can afford to give."

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

IC: Krayzikk"I'd rather not have anyone die. But it is a fact that in the course of armed conflict, people will."Krayzikk looked at Ezraftin. "Oh, and it's not my job to keep your morale up. It's my job to keep you alive."He looked Nikarra, and nodded grimly. "They are here, and we are in here with them. For the moment, that is all that matters."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: DridakOf all places, she wants to go to a bar? There were no complaints on Dridak's side: it'd be easier to sway her over to him when she would be tipsy, drunk if he was lucky. The room seemed to darken as Dridak willed the shadows to surround the three, taking them with him as he traveled to the nicest bar he knew."Here we are. After you, miss." he said, opening the door for Twila and gesturing for her to enter.

IC-Ryllia:I nodded, agreeing with what Krayzikk said. "There's no point fighting until they come out," I said. "And there's no point telling people they'll live when we can never know. Morale and survivability are two different things. And here, the survivability is dependent on the Umbrae, not the Toa." I looked I around the room, then back at Krayzikk."Do you have anywhere more secure, more defendable we could go to, sir?" I asked him.

profiles i guess

IC: Ezraftin / Debriefing RoomEzraftin shook his head. "There is a key to any war, and that's making sure your troops know they can win - even if they can't.""You assume because one Umbrae attacked a TAC squad that they're invincible. But they're not - anything that can be pushed back can be hurt. Anything that can be hurt can be injured. Anything that can be injured can bleed. And anything that can bleed, we can kill it."OOC: BTW, because Ryllia just asked where we can go that's more secure, I immediately suspect that she is actually evil. Asking that is like having a goatee.IC: AMTaOS / Testing ChamberThe door at the far end, behind the metal wall, opened. "Continue through to the elevator past the door and ascend."-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC: Nikarra"If these things are hunters, they'll pick us off, one by one." Nikarra said. "A normal predator would go for the weakest first. However, we're dealing with what we can assume are highly intelligent beings, so they'd be more likely to kill the strongest, the leaders, among us, before leaving the weakest to last. We should stay in a group. No-one should leave this room. While there are probably rooms we could protect better, if we go out into those corridors we're begging for them to attack us."

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

IC: Krayzikk"Don't call me sir. I hate being called sir." Krayzik said. Athen, bring up a schematic.Using the holographic projector in his hand, Krayzikk displayed a 3D schematic of the building. "Well, wherever we go, it needs to be able to be secured. As well a have good visibility and an escape route. That rules out most of the offices. The armory might work."He looked at Nikarra. "And if we stay here, they can plan strategy and pick us off at their leisure."IC: Mror"Ah, barkeep! Good ta see ya!" Mror said to the bartender. "Hello, Mror. The usual?""You betcha!"The barkeep smiled slightly as he poured Mror usual drink. Mror sat down in a chair near Twila. "I know all the barkeeps around here. I haven't got anything better to do, after all!"

fK5oqYf.jpg

OOC: Ryllia. Is. Evil. EVIL.IC: AMTaOS / Test ChamberThe elevator began to rise. "Tell you what. If you complete this next test, I'll let you have the cake."-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC: Lekar (Wreakage)Lekar had stopped floating around on his hoverboard and instead was now sitting reading a book. "Can we go yet? I'd like to get back to New Metru Nui." IC: Krash (Krahzia)He gasped. "Really?" He then randomly fell over and la on top of his pack, staring at the sky. "What's a dipper?"Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.