Happy Ninjo Appreciation Day!

Squishyfrog

People use the calendar? :oThe calendar entry sounds as if Ninjo had died. :( Anyway, kudos to Ninjo. I missed him, having joined right when he left but he sounds like a great person.-Gata signoff.jpg

Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

I've never heard of him, but it's good to see him appreciated.
see here:
I've never known of him, since I've seen the calendar. However, it looks like he's been basical for BZP, so I appreciate what he's done.
He was Black Six's predecessor. *raises glass of Grape juice* True story. A toast to our senior retired admin!
*raises glass of Grape juice again* True story. Edited by tent163phantoka

Ninjo absolutely is a great guy! I will always be appreciative to him for his great patience with me while training me to be a moderator on AIM waaaaay back when. He was so very kind and polite. Quick to help when needed, also. And quite the competent leader for us all here on BZP, no matter the position. It was no surprise when he made is way up in the ranks.Ninjo... always well-thought of, and missed. I hope he is doing very, very well in life.~Shioi :)

shioibanner1.gif ............WWwww

Oh, he's certainly appreciated by me. ^_^I wish you had stuck around a little longer, though, Ninjo.. I had just started to get to know you when you left. But I'll never forget you hiring me and the parts you'd sent me that are still centerpieces of my collection. I can't even think of you as anything but a genuinely great guy.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

Man, is this a blast from the past. I can't recall if I ever much interacted with Ninjo, but I do recall him being a very awesome staff member whenever I saw him around.Well, all my best to him, wherever he may be now.

Edited by GSR

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

Dawww, I remember Ninjo. I've never interacted with him much but he seemed like a cool guy. I never really understood if he was supposed to be a ninja-pirate or not.I love how even though most of the people in this topic weren't around for him but they stopped to appreciate anyway. Y'all get all my hugs.(gah, these names bring me back to the days of mfuss and Polo X and GaliGee and everyone :D )

There's nothing to fear
Your saviors are here
krogoth.jpg
This ship is coming down
This ship is coming down
This ship is coming down
Coming down
Coming down

Matt, you were like a brother to all of us and we miss you dearly. Thanks for touching our lives and, most of all, for being such a truly positive influence around here. Folks like you are few and far between.Raising my glass to you, buddy. A toast, to absent friends.

bring back "an cool dude"

I wasn't around for Ninjo, so I don't really have anything to say other than from what I hear he was awesome. cool.pngAlso, I first stumbled upon BZP while he was the admin, so thanks for that too, I guess. Even if I didn't find the site again until four years later.-ibrow

I joined BZP the year after Ninjo went on his extended leave of absence, so I never got the chance to interact with him. From everything that I know about him, though, I can truly say that he was a great guy - one of those fellows that one misses even if one didn't ever meet him.Here's to Ninjo - and to the hope of his eventual return.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Ninjo absolutely is a great guy! I will always be appreciative to him for his great patience with me while training me to be a moderator on AIM waaaaay back when. He was so very kind and polite. Quick to help when needed, also. And quite the competent leader for us all here on BZP, no matter the position. It was no surprise when he made is way up in the ranks.Ninjo... always well-thought of, and missed. I hope he is doing very, very well in life.~Shioi :)
HOLY BOOTS IT'S SHIOI. How's it going? I haven't talked to you in forever.
Matt, you were like a brother to all of us and we miss you dearly. Thanks for touching our lives and, most of all, for being such a truly positive influence around here. Folks like you are few and far between.Raising my glass to you, buddy. A toast, to absent friends.
Honestly, I think I can say anything better than this, or even anywhere this. So I'm just going to let this speak for me.Matt, you were one of the most amazing people I've ever met. I can only pray you're continuing to bring the good out of everyone you meet.See you on the flip side, bud.-Janus Edited by Janus

NoNoNoNoNonNO

You misunderstood me

You didn't hear what I said

You're not listening LIKE MOST AMERICANS

-Arin Hanson

I echo this.I also appreciate you being there to believe in me when I wasn't even close to being considered for staff. You were a great inspiration to me.

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

Wow, nice to see that so many people still take the time to remember his reign. :PWell, I certainly wasn't a member when Ninjo was around, but I know he was cool. Very much so, it seemed.So, a raise of a goblet from me. Onwards with luck, Ninjo.~

:b::i::m_o::m::a::n::c::e::r:~

"YOU'D THINK, FOR BEING A DEAD MAN, I'D BE MORE TRIUMPHANT THAN I AM."

Looks like I missed the day. Just got my internet back a few days ago. ^^;Hmm... I vaguely remember seeing Ninjo around, but I never talked with him. I was a twelve year old kid at the time, so my etiquette wasn't exactly... uh... "be nice to the evil staff members because they close my topics" XP Hmm... Out of curiosity (and because I can't for the life of me find the original topic in the archives), was he the staff member that closed the Secret Stomach Message topic? Maybe I'm confusing my BZP history. XPHope you're doing well, Ninjo. I'm sorry I didn't say hello when I was a newbie. ^^'

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

He was really a great guy, and the saddest part of this thread is how few of you got to know him as the great community member he was.
Word. It's really surprising to me to realize that most of the current generation never really met him or even was here when he was around. BZPower never has felt quite like the same place with Ninj gone.
Hmm... Out of curiosity (and because I can't for the life of me find the original topic in the archives), was he the staff member that closed the Secret Stomach Message topic? Maybe I'm confusing my BZP history. XP
Nah, that was the legendary FUSSBOSS, ye old Assistant Admin and Californian TNGM-King. Back in the day, he was the chief of the Support Team and Ninjo was chief of the Mods. Although, wow, if you guys are too young to remember Ninjo, I guess you don't remember the ST either?? Okay, see, the group now known as Forum Leaders used to just be called Moderators, and the group now known as Forum Assistants used to be the Support Team. The thing about the ST, though, was that they didn't have any powers - couldn't close topics or anything. They were just around to report posts and help out the moderator Squad and answer questions in Q&A and such. Ninjo was one of the guys who spearheaded the reorganization of the BZPower staff groups, making them what you all are familiar with today.Many of the current high-level staff started out as STs - I was an ST way back when I was first promoted (seven years ago...wow), then became an FA when the staff groups overhaul happened, and then was promoted to FL a couple years later. One of the things that is really special about Ninjo is that he was the first and so far only BZPower member to rise through every rank of staff, from the lowest to the highest: He started out as a wee ST (this was long, long before Forum Mentors existed), then became a Moderator, then a Global Moderator, then an Assistant Admin, and finally a full Administrator filling the role of BZPower's Operations Manager. Every other top-level staff either started out in their all-access position or was initially promoted at a higher level.There's only one other member who has gone from ST to Administrator, and that's our own Tufi Piyufi, who is just as legendary in her own way. The only difference is that she's a Forum Administrator (what we used to call "Assistant Administrator"), whereas Matt went the one step higher to full BZPower Administrator. But that doesn't at all mean Jen's accomplishments aren't as worthy of lauding, because they definitely are (Tufi Piyufi is the best).Somehow this turned into a little history lesson. Hope it was interesting for all you neophytes! Edited by McSmeag
bring back "an cool dude"

Haha, never before have I been so glad I asked a dumb question (which apparently don't exist, which is odd because I have plenty of them. I could probably sell them to some scientist or museum and make history. I can see the headlines now: random dude discovers the mythical dumb question breeding grounds. XP). I definitely remember seeing Tufi around. Hmm, is that title too informal? (Miss Tufi? Piff the Grand? Her Empress Jen? I'm going to stop now because I'm having way too much fun with this post). That's pretty incredible, though, for someone to actually organize and pass through every rank of Staff. O.o No wonder the day he joined BZP became a holiday. In fact, we should organize festivities for next year. I'd be all for an MOC contest in honor of Ninjo (seeing as MOCs were apparently his forte. Maybe I'm just over-thinking again, though. XP).Unfortunately, as a kid I didn't pay much attention to the staff ranks (as I wasn't a part of staff and paid more attention to comics). Still, it was great hearing about BZP way back when. ^^

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing