What two toa would make a good couple?

Kopaka and Pohatu. Kohatu forever, man.~B~
I saw the topic title and was going to say what you just said. Why do people always beat me to these things. ;_;Anyways, I've always thought Jaller and Hahli would be a good couple, especially when they were both cute little Matoran and before Hahli had a mustache...

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Kopaka and Pohatu. Kohatu forever, man.Also Jaller/Hahli and Hewkii/Macku, of course. Even if the latter involves a Toa and a Matoran, their love will overcome the difference.~B~
I agree. You win for that. Also, remembering what B6 did to xccj's MOCs at Brickfair.@Meiko: She doesn't have a mustache anymore! :P Edited by Architect

Kopaka and Pohatu. Kohatu forever, man.Also Jaller/Hahli and Hewkii/Macku, of course. Even if the latter involves a Toa and a Matoran, their love will overcome the difference.~B~
I agree. You win for that. Also, remembering what B6 did to xccj's MOCs at Brickfair.
That's what made me think of it. I mean, c'mon, Pohatu was even doing the old reach-around on Kopaka. No one can say that's not true love!~B~

I agree. You win for that. Also, remembering what B6 did to xccj's MOCs at Brickfair.
That's what made me think of it. I mean, c'mon, Pohatu was even doing the old reach-around on Kopaka. No one can say that's not true love!~B~
I dont think male love is appropriate for bionicle or even culturally accepted. They could be best friends for life or a inseparable team but not lovers.

qs3135.jpg

I dont think male love is appropriate for bionicle or even culturally accepted. They could be best friends for life or a inseparable team but not lovers.
Same-sex relationships are culturally accepted in many places; I don't see why the Bionicle universe has to be any different.~B~ Edited by Ballom

Love is love regardless of sex, gender, or old-fashioned cultural misconceptions.that said, I generally shy away from Bionicle shipping but I absolutely second (or third? or fourth?) Kohatu.

Hmm... I do like Lewa and Onua together.
You know, I recently reviewed a friend's story with that pairing on another site. Wasn't bad, actually. Could've used a little more buildup, though, since it's at best a tilt-your-head-and-squint pairing.As for my thoughts on the subject, I'm boring. Probably just the semi-canon Jaller/Hahli and Hewkii/Macku. Edited by GSR

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

Matau and Nokama

Same-sex relationships are culturally accepted in many places; I don't see why the Bionicle universe has to be any different.~B~
I agree. The most accepted belief as far as I know, its genetic. If there is male to female love in Bionicle, it would make scene that there would be male to male or female to female. I'm totally pro homosexual relation ships in books as long as they dont go over board. I have seen a lot of shows that do . They dont seem to ever get it quite right. Edited by SamH1995

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

And why is that, exactly? The way I see it, they'd be perfectly fine with same-gender pairings in the Matoran Universe. I mean, in their universe, there's no real difference between a male and a female biologically, so why would they all be straight? They'd see no difference between, say, Jaller and Hahli going out and Jaller and Takua/Takanuva dating.I would really like to see your reasoning for this. Male love is very appropriate; I don't know why you even said it wasn't in the first place. There is absolutely nothing wrong with all-male or all-female love. And why couldn't they be lovers? I would really like you to answer these questions; I'm very curious as to your reasoning behind them.But, relevant to the topic at hand: I can't say I really thought about this all that much (for some reason I more considered the Glatorian) but I'd say... Vakama and Nokama, or Lewa and Onua. Just off the top of my head.

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

I'm gonna rock the boat a bit and say Hahli x Matoro. I liked Hahli and Jaller together when they were Matoran, but Jaller's personality has changed too much in recent years, I think. And Greg seemed to go so far out of his way to avoid any romance implications between those two that they don't even seem to be particularly close as friends any more.Meanwhile, Hahli and Matoro had a lot in common. They both had that struggle with their confidence and weren't sure whether they were fit to be Toa. From what we saw, they worked well together, and Matoro had a degree of warmth and caring about him that Jaller no longer outwardly shows. Hahli also seemed to be the most affected by Matoro's death. I also liked what we saw of Lesovikk and Nikila. (No, I don't have a particular preference for tragic ships... why do you ask?)And, at the risk of going slightly off-topic, I fancied the idea that Gelu might become attracted to Chiara, which would fail for obvious reasons. Gelu would eventually get over her, and Kiina would get over Mata Nui, eventually resulting in Gelu x Kiina.

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

Oh my this topic might generate some "Heated Disscusion" :PAnyways I always thought Takanuva/Takua and Gali would be nice together. To me Takua/Takanuva always looked up to Gali the most of the Nuva and Gali seemed the most caring to him. Not to mention she inspired him to become a hero/Toa back in Karda Nui, and they always had their little mental link xD.

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 100 KB!

Oh my this topic might generate some "Heated Disscusion" :PAnyways I always thought Takanuva/Takua and Gali would be nice together. To me Takua/Takanuva always looked up to Gali the most of the Nuva and Gali seemed the most caring to him. Not to mention she inspired him to become a hero/Toa back in Karda Nui, and they always had their little mental link xD.
Keep your Takanuva away from the Tahu and Gali relationship!

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

You know, I recently reviewed a friend's story with that pairing on another site. Wasn't bad, actually. Could've used a little more buildup, though, since it's at best a tilt-your-head-and-squint pairing.As for my thoughts on the subject, I'm boring. Probably just the semi-canon Jaller/Hahli and Hewkii/Macku.
Yay! I'm not the only goof out there! ^^ Hehehe, well you may be boring, but at least you're on the right ship. XP
I'm gonna rock the boat a bit and say Hahli x Matoro. I liked Hahli and Jaller together when they were Matoran, but Jaller's personality has changed too much in recent years, I think. And Greg seemed to go so far out of his way to avoid any romance implications between those two that they don't even seem to be particularly close as friends any more.Meanwhile, Hahli and Matoro had a lot in common. They both had that struggle with their confidence and weren't sure whether they were fit to be Toa. From what we saw, they worked well together, and Matoro had a degree of warmth and caring about him that Jaller no longer outwardly shows. Hahli also seemed to be the most affected by Matoro's death.
Ugh, that's something that's always bothered me about Greg's writing. =/ (and a bunch of other things, but I digress). You know, in the canon, this pairing would totally work for the reasons you've discussed. However, now that Matoro has kicked the bucket (a good laugh was had by all... or maybe just me. XD) that opens up some room for character development for Jaller. Perhaps he may realize how important friendships are and open up a bit AND CLAIM HIS TRUE LOVE, HAHLI! ... I wish... (You saved her from falling into lava dangit! It was totally romantic, so Y U NO KISS?!)...(Actually kissing with masks would be kind of awkward, wouldn't it? Y U NO HOLD HANDS?!)
Haha, you bet. Shipping is serious business. You are the captain hand-selecting your crew and if you don't choose wisely then you go down with your ship.You know, I forgot about those two. They are pretty adorable, huh? XP

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

You know, I recently reviewed a friend's story with that pairing on another site. Wasn't bad, actually. Could've used a little more buildup, though, since it's at best a tilt-your-head-and-squint pairing.As for my thoughts on the subject, I'm boring. Probably just the semi-canon Jaller/Hahli and Hewkii/Macku.
Yay! I'm not the only goof out there! ^^ Hehehe, well you may be boring, but at least you're on the right ship. XP
I'm gonna rock the boat a bit and say Hahli x Matoro. I liked Hahli and Jaller together when they were Matoran, but Jaller's personality has changed too much in recent years, I think. And Greg seemed to go so far out of his way to avoid any romance implications between those two that they don't even seem to be particularly close as friends any more.Meanwhile, Hahli and Matoro had a lot in common. They both had that struggle with their confidence and weren't sure whether they were fit to be Toa. From what we saw, they worked well together, and Matoro had a degree of warmth and caring about him that Jaller no longer outwardly shows. Hahli also seemed to be the most affected by Matoro's death.
Ugh, that's something that's always bothered me about Greg's writing. =/ (and a bunch of other things, but I digress). You know, in the canon, this pairing would totally work for the reasons you've discussed. However, now that Matoro has kicked the bucket (a good laugh was had by all... or maybe just me. XD) that opens up some room for character development for Jaller. Perhaps he may realize how important friendships are and open up a bit AND CLAIM HIS TRUE LOVE, HAHLI! ... I wish... (You saved her from falling into lava dangit! It was totally romantic, so Y U NO KISS?!)...(Actually kissing with masks would be kind of awkward, wouldn't it? Y U NO HOLD HANDS?!)
Haha, you bet. Shipping is serious business. You are the captain hand-selecting your crew and if you don't choose wisely then you go down with your ship.You know, I forgot about those two. They are pretty adorable, huh? XP
Not too mention those Rival ships that are death-bent on sinking your ship :PYeah only ship I ever really even kinda liked in Bionicle was Takanuva/Gali, must a been because she was the only Toa I felt gave two kahoots about me/Takua back in MNOLG.

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 100 KB!

And why is that, exactly? The way I see it, they'd be perfectly fine with same-gender pairings in the Matoran Universe. I mean, in their universe, there's no real difference between a male and a female biologically, so why would they all be straight? They'd see no difference between, say, Jaller and Hahli going out and Jaller and Takua/Takanuva dating.I would really like to see your reasoning for this. Male love is very appropriate; I don't know why you even said it wasn't in the first place. There is absolutely nothing wrong with all-male or all-female love. And why couldn't they be lovers? I would really like you to answer these questions; I'm very curious as to your reasoning behind them.But, relevant to the topic at hand: I can't say I really thought about this all that much (for some reason I more considered the Glatorian) but I'd say... Vakama and Nokama, or Lewa and Onua. Just off the top of my head.
Im just going to say my opinion on this once and for all: the depiction or sight of male love, be it fictional or real life scenario; IT DISGUSTS ME :sick:

qs3135.jpg

Hey guys, not for nothing, but can we just plain stop with this support/disagreement about relationships? There are loads of them out there outside of male love and female love (polygamy, asexuality, celibacy, heterosexuality. you name it). It's perfectly alright to disagree or support any of these. Those are your personal opinions and they are for you to decide and are never meant for anyone else to decide for you.But I will say this: It most certainly is not alright to just go about and throw your causes in these sorts of topics. We are merely supposed to discuss who you like together in the Bionicle story as toa. That's it. I've seen a good portion of topics get closed over things like this, and it's childish and just plain dumb. You guys should know better.Can we please go back to getting on topic now? 'Kay thanks.ANYWAY, I do know about those ships that are all about destroying your ships. XD I remember the whole Makorra fiasco in Avatar. XP Though, I'd say my biggest support is for Hahli and Jaller in terms of toa. They just have so much history and their team has been through a lot together. ^^

Edited by Tekulo: Toa of the Breeze

I'm gonna rock the boat a bit and say Hahli x Matoro. I liked Hahli and Jaller together when they were Matoran, but Jaller's personality has changed too much in recent years, I think. And Greg seemed to go so far out of his way to avoid any romance implications between those two that they don't even seem to be particularly close as friends any more.Meanwhile, Hahli and Matoro had a lot in common. They both had that struggle with their confidence and weren't sure whether they were fit to be Toa. From what we saw, they worked well together, and Matoro had a degree of warmth and caring about him that Jaller no longer outwardly shows. Hahli also seemed to be the most affected by Matoro's death.I also liked what we saw of Lesovikk and Nikila. (No, I don't have a particular preference for tragic ships... why do you ask?)And, at the risk of going slightly off-topic, I fancied the idea that Gelu might become attracted to Chiara, which would fail for obvious reasons. Gelu would eventually get over her, and Kiina would get over Mata Nui, eventually resulting in Gelu x Kiina.
Did Kiina really like Mata Nui that much? And yeah Hali and Matoro are good fit, I think ice and water go great together anyway. Fire will always be my favorite element, but why do the fire guys always end up with the girls it seems?EDIT: If Pewku became a Toa/Rahi hybrid that would be the greatest thing ever. But Pewku is secretly a great being, so... lol. Edited by Flex Nard

Vakama and Nokama. Hands down. Nokama was the only one who cared for Vakama in their two main movies. In other words: treated him like he meant something. He's got a shot there.I'd love to see a Lhikan+sane Tuyet couple. Heck, maybe Toa Nidhiki+Tuyet.Really? Kohatu/Popaka?

mindeth the cobwebs

Vakama and Nokama. Hands down. Nokama was the only one who cared for Vakama in their two main movies. In other words: treated him like he meant something. He's got a shot there.I'd love to see a Lhikan+sane Tuyet couple. Heck, maybe Toa Nidhiki+Tuyet.Really? Kohatu/Popaka?
First off, Nidhiki/Tuyet? Nidhiki/TUYET? NIDHIKI/TUYET?!?! ... Why is this the first I'm hearing of this? I LOVE it! Gosh, I'm so focused on shipping the heroes, I totally had villain blindspot this entire time. Also, In B3 Matau totally saved Vakama. He cares -sob- Though, I agree; Nokama and Vakama is a nice thought. Good luck tying their names together, though. XD (Then again, Novakama has a nice ring to it).And hey, Kopatu isn't any crazier than Onewa. (See what I did there? Eh? Eh?) Edited by Tekulo: Toa of the Breeze

This topic has the potential to become... quite animated. :)I've never seen romance as being a "thing" in the MU, though MNOG did tease the shippers a bit with Jaller x Hahli and especially Hewkii x Macku. All four of them are Toa now (I'm including alternate universes here :P), so those couples are the ones I'm going with.

Takua/Jaller/Pewku threesome :P. Although I guess Pewku isn't a Toa... yet...
I need brain bleach. Now.

Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are.

-Ryu, Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future

Not luck. It's what you do that makes you a hero.

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png

Nokama and Vakama is a nice thought. Good luck tying their names together, though. XD (Then again, Novakama has a nice ring to it).
Nomatau is better. Thats only really because that was the mail love story I worked on when I played/play with Bionicle. Also Tahu and Gali. Edited by SamH1995

This topic has the potential to become... quite animated. :)
Pfft, please. Why do you think Jaller picked up a crab in Mahri Nui? To fill the void! Still, even after flirting around with that red underwater scuttler, he came to his senses and left Takanuva and Pewku and went back to his true love; Hahli. (Oh dear mother of rahkshi, I think I need brain bleach now. @_@)

This topic has the potential to become... quite animated. :)
Pfft, please. Why do you think Jaller picked up a crab in Mahri Nui? To fill the void! Still, even after flirting around with that red underwater scuttler, he came to his senses and left Takanuva and Pewku and went back to his true love; Hahli. (Oh dear mother of rahkshi, I think I need brain bleach now. @_@)
I... I just want to curl up in a ball and cry right now. My brain is in shambles.

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png

Basically I want to find out who people think would make a good Toa couple. Like Toa Marhi Jaller and Hahli I find would be a good couple. What do you think?
Jaller and Hahli. Clearly they had some kind of romantic feelings for each other in the MNOG, I don't see why they wouldn't make a good couple as Toa. Edited by Tahu5181

And hey, Kopatu isn't any crazier than Onewa. (See what I did there? Eh? Eh?)
Cue the crazy fan theories about Onewa actually being the son of Onua and Lewa.
That would involve either a ton of retconning or some serious MU time-travel.

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png