First Bionicle Set

Guest Takua the Chronicler7

Tahnok, coincidentally the joint piece on one of his feet broke before I bought my second Bionicle. It's funny how I followed Bionicle from its beginning but my first one was in late 2002.

My first Bionicle set was Toa Hordika Matau. :D Yes I know that the Hordika weren't the best but they still got me hooked onto Bionicle. I got him during the Web of Shadows Saga but I remember that I almost got Toa Horidka Nuju too.

Would edit this but this account was deleted; anyways the Toa Hordika Matau was my first set, but I wish I have gotten Nuju at the time because he is one of my favorite from that line.

I got a total of six sets for my first Bionicle figures. Plus a few mask packs. Its funny, I got them the June before the line's official US release at the Lego Imagination Center in Downtown Disney California. The sets themselves were Toa Kopaka, and Turagas Nuju, Whenua, Nokama, Matau, Onewa. My brother got Toa Tahu, Gali, Onua, Pohatu, and Lewa, as well as Turaga Vakama. I still remember going back to the Homewood Suites just to the south of DIsneyland, and opening and building all of the small 2001 sets with my brother. Now, some of the sets were bought at Legoland California itself on the same vacation, but I am pretty sure we went to Legoland within Twenty-Four hours of the Imagination Center. That was definately one of my favorite vacations... ^_^

-AZBlue

I had a couple of the old 2001 McDonald's Tohunga, but I can't remember which ones exactly. I remember my first "full set" was Gali Mata though. :)

My very first set was Onua Nuva, 2003. Back then, I just loved the chain sa- eh, quake breakers. I'd pretend like he was going over a lawn, and I'd say, "I'm mowing the lawn, I'm mowing the lawn!" I had a lot of fun with that set.

:akaku: X-Ray :akaku:

"Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."
- Ecclesiastes 4:12

• 3 weeks later...

I got Kohrak Va long before I was ever interested in Bionicle, and as a result he languished in a Ziploc bag for many years before I finally found him again.

Weaver, Seeker, and Spark

"When the first living thing existed, I was there, waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights and lock the universe behind me when I leave."

- Death, The Sandman

(Previously Toa Alaka)