BIONICLE MAFIA II: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO

Xaeraz

^problem being that nobody knows who detective is and nobody knows who doctor is. Detective/doctor could accidentally reveal themselves to mafia while looking for each other.

Detective claims. Doctor knows who he is, and heals him.

Detective does not know who doctor is, nor does he need to.

There is no risk of doctor outting himself.

Insert fancy signature here.

The other problem, no-one has brought up, is most games put a limit on how many times the doctor can heal a target in a row, because quite a few people tried to survive multiple attacks on themselves, simply by healing themselves over and over. =P

Portalfig/Tavahka, we demand a scene now. Bloodlust, bloodlust, bloodlust!

Also @Blade: The rules of this game don't (to my knowledge) actually limit the number of times the Medic can heal someone, so I think for this game the Medic mostly needs to use common sense.

That said, BZPower Mafia games are probably the worst ones in the history of the world to reveal the Detective in. The Mafia would find a way to remove them. Also, Villagers in their bloodlust immediately become blind to all knowledge such as who the Detective is, so they'd lynch them anyway.

(We're kind of stupid that way)

-ibrow

*Sighs* See, this is what kills the games. =P I remember one game, a couple years ago, where the bottleneck was not the mafians, but everyone else, as I was giving the orders on who to kill right after each hanging was posted. It was pretty much the fastest game ever for the mafians; but every game since, has had some silly requirement that basically has forced the mafians to be slow.Protip: Expecting all three or four mafians to always confirm their choice, and be unanimous, is not exactly possible. =P The godfather role theoretically negates that bottleneck; but if the godfather goes inactive, no-one else can step into his place to give choices.So my recommendation for future games: Don't have a requirement for all four mafians to respond; allow each to theoretically make choices that could win them the game. If there are conflicting choices, THEN have them talk it out, or take the first one in or something. Just don't have a forced slowdown for the mafians. =/

*Sighs* See, this is what kills the games. =P I remember one game, a couple years ago, where the bottleneck was not the mafians, but everyone else, as I was giving the orders on who to kill right after each hanging was posted. It was pretty much the fastest game ever for the mafians; but every game since, has had some silly requirement that basically has forced the mafians to be slow.Protip: Expecting all three or four mafians to always confirm their choice, and be unanimous, is not exactly possible. =P The godfather role theoretically negates that bottleneck; but if the godfather goes inactive, no-one else can step into his place to give choices.So my recommendation for future games: Don't have a requirement for all four mafians to respond; allow each to theoretically make choices that could win them the game. If there are conflicting choices, THEN have them talk it out, or take the first one in or something. Just don't have a forced slowdown for the mafians. =/

Is this what's been happening the past several games? No wonder.

Yeah, that's why you always want a Godfather role - that way you're only forcing one person to respond in time, much like if they were a Medic or a Detective.

-ibrow

I have NEVER understood the Godfather role. Would you kindly explain?

The Godfather is most commonly associated with one of the following two roles:

1. A "leader" of the Mafia that decides who is killed by who each night, and is the sole responsible party for the Mafia until his possible death.

2. A bloodthirsty tyrant who's ultimate goal is to take over BZPower, free Hapori Dume, and end all of humanity through the use of Google and Apple devices.

-ibrow

I don't know if a Godfather role works any better. One of them a few games back was like hyper inactive; whereas I was a mafian that game, and just looking around, waiting for any sign I might be able to do something. =p

I don't know why there has to be a majority at all. If the person making the decisions is skilled enough, they can effectively win the game themselves. The only reason I wasn't around to the end of that one game I keep mentioning, is because I managed to get myself lynched; but I still managed to pull off the strategy for the rest of the game, since the other Mafian left was corresponding with me. =P

Krelsin, there's another flaw in your plan. Suppose multiple people claim to be the Detective? Suppose the Mafiosi all claim as a counterintelligence measure? How would the Doctor know who to heal?

Now, the plan could work if the Detective discovered the Doctor by chance, proved himself to the Doctor via "I know who you are," secured the Doctor's protection, and proceeds to supply information in the topic. There's a second half to this plan that I'm leaving unspoken for now, but clever people should be able to figure it out.

bug_animated.gif

Krelsin, there's another flaw in your plan. Suppose multiple people claim to be the Detective? Suppose the Mafiosi all claim as a counterintelligence measure? How would the Doctor know who to heal?

Now, the plan could work if the Detective discovered the Doctor by chance, proved himself to the Doctor via "I know who you are," secured the Doctor's protection, and proceeds to supply information in the topic. There's a second half to this plan that I'm leaving unspoken for now, but clever people should be able to figure it out.

Does it involve tying ropes around necks at random?

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

No, but it involves tying ropes around people's necks strategically! :D

Strategy. Humbug to strategy I say. Just go in and make chaos, and you can't fail.

Unless of course you call that a strategy, in which case it's doomed to fail.

All in all, just wing it and grab me a cheeseburger for when you join me in death. I'm hungery.

[/advice?]

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

Night Two

There was one person in all of Le-Koro who was a secret to everybody. He had just showed up about a year ago, just before the Followers had gotten a hold of Ta-Koro. He was maskless, and didn’t remember anything at all, and in fact he couldn’t even recall his name. He had gone through several, but the final one he had decided on was Krelsin.

Krelsin couldn’t ever figure out what he was doing at the hut in which he was found. It was far away from the rest of the village, and every now and again Krelsin would visit the hut again, trying to jog his memory. He was feeling very good about himself that night, surely tonight would be the night he finds out. He had been recalling flashes of the past all day, so he decided to try his luck.

Within a few hours, he had made it to the hut. Slowly, he opened the door. A crack of light blazed inside, and after he had comforted himself for a while, he stepped in. After all, he said, logically they wouldn’t kill him. He was just a villager, nothing special. They should be working on killing the Doctor or the Detective.

The door shut violently behind him, and Krelsin turned around faster then matoranly possible. He could see nothing, but he heard two words before the fist connected with his face.

“RAHI PUNCH!”

The matoran woke up in some hut like structure, and for the life of him he couldn’t remember why he was here. He shook his head, and right before he blacked out again he heard a voice right outside.

“It really is horrible what happened in Ta-Koro. Poor Matoran….”

Four matoran were not present at all that night, as Gavroche, Kohrak Kal17, Eye of Sauron and The Affably Evil Automaton were all in Ko-Koro at the time, trying to convince them to come and help protect Le-Koro. As one would expect, they didn’t get anywhere.

Voting ends on Wednesday, 3:00 CST.

I had way too much fun on this scene, it would have been out a few hours ago if I wasn't making it so very convoluted. =P

Yay, I looked so smart I was killed!

I've also been through this. This is what is supposed to happen. That way, the mafia can't kill the real detective without revealing their detective claim as fake, unless the sacrifice is worth it. The doctor keeps healing someone who isn't a detective claim.

The detectives reveal when they have a guilty, not an innocent, because mafia can just kill the innocent. Yes, you don't know which detective to trust 100%, but that's where skill comes in.

At lynch or lose, the detectives reveal all their reports and the town can make a evidence based judgement.

This where the skill comes in. Some people may be clear if the detectives both say they're innocent, which helps narrow it down, and helps in later days.

This isn't some special plan I've come up with, this is standard play. The only reason it has less chance of working is because of inexperienced players who don't yet understand how mafia works, and that's the exact reason I'm trying to explain.

What happens shouldn't benefit town, but make the game revolve around skill, rather than luck. The reason I'm bringing it up is because I know mafia will definitely not know how to respond correctly and will easily be owned.

All of a sudden.

BRILLIANT PLAN.

Detective, give all your info to Krelsin. Krelsin, transfer info to us.

Will vote once info is received.

Now if the rules were thought over, they'd specify that dead people don't have the ability to talk about the game. :P

Your insinuation of inexperience is amusing, Krelsin, seeing as it looks like you're the inexperienced one here, actually. You've clearly played Mafia or variants of it before, but BZP Mafia refuses to be bound by your ideals.

Mafia is like a set of instructions. You follow the steps in order, and the side try to outwit each other. However, BZP Mafia tore up the instructions, threw the scraps into the air, stomped on them, then tried to get the same result using the instructions for an Ikea Skaglhosst or whatever they're calling their chairs now.

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

We did away with those rules; they were too boring for the people watching, especially if it was down to like two people. =P

But...that's gg for mafia. Detective claims to me with reports. Doctor claims to me. I tell doctor who detective is. I tell everyone guilties and not innocents until lynch or lose. Easy mode. But people will say "oh it won't work because detective won't PM me." Then it just comes down to bad players, and that's the only reason no one can reason their lynches or what they want.

BZP mafia is getting rid of an important rule just because people get bored and they're not smart enough to autowin because it's not there? That's unbelievably frustrating.

Your insinuation of inexperience is amusing, Krelsin, seeing as it looks like you're the inexperienced one here, actually. You've clearly played Mafia or variants of it before, but BZP Mafia refuses to be bound by your ideals.

Mafia is like a set of instructions. You follow the steps in order, and the side try to outwit each other. However, BZP Mafia tore up the instructions, threw the scraps into the air, stomped on them, then tried to get the same result using the instructions for an Ikea Skaglhosst or whatever they're calling their chairs now.

BZP Mafia is just proper mafia with people who don't take it seriously.

The reason this setup is so straightforward is because of the lack of roles.

Just because BZP players don't take mafia seriously doesn't mean I'm inexperienced in any way. You talk about mafia here as if it's different just because people aren't as good. The only way you can win with players who don't care on your side is luck. I don't like playing a game of luck, I prefer playing a game of skill.

Edit:

Or you're only saying all this because you're mafia. I hope that's it.

Edited by Krelsin