BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

...Or, you could just stick to one of the specially staff-ordained names from the list I so kindly provided above?

*Whispers* Insidious Incorporated

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

I didn't mean anything by it; they were just some ideas.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Why not go with something simple, like "the bad guys". We know who we're talking about, cuz the existing list of suggested names is kinda... I dunno...

• [title of group] - was this a legit suggestion? Or a really bad joke?
  • Foe-Drinkers Anonymous - none of the bad guys are really anonymous. We all know who they are.
  • The Really Really Bad Company - doesn't sound very scary. So it could be worth using, just for comedies sake. 
  • Echelon and the Pirakettes - sounds like the name of a bad dance group. Not particularly terrifying. 
  • The Piraka Pain Posse - the way I understand it, Echelon has the most followers, so this doesn't really work. And I think a sposse is usually a small group, whereas these guys have some serious numbers on their side.
  • Insidious Incorporated - I wasn't aware that the bad guys were running an organization here. I thought they were trying to conquer the island. 
  • The Superfriends - sounds childish. Not very scary. So it's definitely a contender. 
  • Kingz of Pain - keeping to the Piraka's gang dynamic. But would Echelon and the Brotherhood agree to something like that? Plus these guys seem to be more into destruction rather than pain. 
  • The Height of Pretension - I think this should be what everyone else calls these guys, not necessarily what they call themselves. 

The names these factions already have are kind of intimidating, like Nightfall, and Legacy. They make an impact. The official name for the alliance needs to do the same thing, methinks. Feel free to disagree and/or hate me forever if you so wish. 

• Upvote 2

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Why not go with something simple, like "the bad guys". We know who we're talking about, cuz the existing list of suggested names is kinda... I dunno...

• [title of group] - was this a legit suggestion? Or a really bad joke?
  • Foe-Drinkers Anonymous - none of the bad guys are really anonymous. We all know who they are.
  • The Really Really Bad Company - doesn't sound very scary. So it could be worth using, just for comedies sake. 
  • Echelon and the Pirakettes - sounds like the name of a bad dance group. Not particularly terrifying. 
  • The Piraka Pain Posse - the way I understand it, Echelon has the most followers, so this doesn't really work. And I think a sposse is usually a small group, whereas these guys have some serious numbers on their side.
  • Insidious Incorporated - I wasn't aware that the bad guys were running an organization here. I thought they were trying to conquer the island. 
  • The Superfriends - sounds childish. Not very scary. So it's definitely a contender. 
  • Kingz of Pain - keeping to the Piraka's gang dynamic. But would Echelon and the Brotherhood agree to something like that? Plus these guys seem to be more into destruction rather than pain. 
  • The Height of Pretension - I think this should be what everyone else calls these guys, not necessarily what they call themselves. 

The names these factions already have are kind of intimidating, like Nightfall, and Legacy. They make an impact. The official name for the alliance needs to do the same thing, methinks. Feel free to disagree and/or hate me forever if you so wish. 

I think in all honesty, nuju's post was just an attempt at comedy, and not actually him saying these are the names we approve of, choose one to be used icly... Though if he really wanted to be super funny, he should pick a name and make it ic. I would be laughing even more at that point because I would know it could never be changed

Edited by Voxumo
  • Upvote 4

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Right. I guess I'm not used to the people in charge being funny. 

But seriously, I think IC "The Height of Pretension" is what the good guys should call the alliance, especially given the Piraka's terrible team dynamic. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I just realized something I did might be shaky in terms of fitting in-universe: could the Skakdi on Mata Nui still remember and reference Irnakk? Since "Karzahni" is thrown around so often I assumed it would be okay, but I'd like to make sure.

( The bunny slippers hiss and slither into the shadows. ) -Takuaka: Toa of Time

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins

I was just reading through an interesting OOC argument in the Ta-Wahi topic regarding the physiology of Toa. I can't find the link, but Greg did confirm on LMB that Toa are 70% mechanical and 30% organic. I don't know if this applies in the RPG, but whatever. 

Those names happen to be the staff's well known sense of humor coming to the fore.

Sometimes people don't get it.

I don't normally say this but thank you Silvan

-Tyler

• Upvote 9

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

I was just reading through an interesting OOC argument in the Ta-Wahi topic regarding the physiology of Toa. I can't find the link, but Greg did confirm on LMB that Toa are 70% mechanical and 30% organic. I don't know if this applies in the RPG, but whatever.

Forgot the exact percentage, thanks! My only problem was THERE IS NO SKIN

NO SKIN

• Upvote 3

The times, they are a-changing...

No skin... I didn't even think of that. Oh well, there is now, I guess.

Who cares anyway? It's a game for crying out loud.

It came up when megazordman's healer ga-matoran tried to use maggots to clear away the dead skin from a burn. While I acknowledged that it was a legitimate healing technique, IC Casanuva was having none of it, considering he was already fighting an infection from plunging his burning hand into a dead nui-kopen so the guns would extinguish it. For a matoran universe being, the harm from a burn to me would be limited to superficial armor damage and nerve damage.

• Upvote 1

The times, they are a-changing...

It doesn't, I think

We're pretty lax on how you want to roleplay the percentages, but we here at BZPRPG usually play it as more biological.

• Upvote 1

It doesn't, I think

We're pretty lax on how you want to roleplay the percentages, but we here at BZPRPG usually play it as more biological.

I'm a mostly mechanical guy, although we do bleed BIONICLE juice.

And have some sort of metallo-skin thing that is treated basically like human skin except probably without fats.

Biological-mechanical ratio varies from person to person. As long as it does not mess with how somebody else plays the game nobody really has a problem with it.

We just use more human biology in fights because that is what we all know.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

This is a very good point to bring up. It varies from player to player, but on the whole, the BZPRPG tends to lean more towards a more organic perspective. Some of this is personal preference, and some of it is due to this;

...however, the BZPRPG recognizes a few differences, like reproduction and the ingestion of food, things that make them more like humans. General rule of thumb for the sake of equality is to think of characters’ physical limits and processes as being like those of humans, because we as players are all familiar with how the human body works.

For the sake of ease in realism, a character's anatomy is like a human's, at the very least for the purposes of combat. This means that there is a skin, even if you don't necessarily want to call it that, that gets burned by fire. A burn, for anyone except a Toa of Fire or Plasma, is just as serious as (and nearly identical to) a burn you would suffer in the real world. There is "blood" that is bad to lose too much of, there are muscles, and internal organs, and all of that. And they're just as breakable for a Toa are they are for a human. 

Now, of course, you can think of them as being made out of protodermis or metal or artificial materials or whatever you want, just so long as you adhere to the way the human body would work in that instance. :P

• Upvote 3

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Yeah, remember when I said I wouldn't post IC for a while?

I lied.

I just made a post in Le-Wahi as Verdi. I couldn't take it anymore. It felt so nice- like sitting in a comfy chair at the end of a long day. :D I hope to get Verdi involved in exterminating the Entropy Beetles.

Edited by Toa Xemnas of Crystal

So it turns out I'm not going to be here much at all this weekend.

Just my luck, battle starts and I've got too many things to do that I can only barely participate...

*sighs*

Yeah, so, if anything special needs done by me, send me a PM and I'll try to do it tonight - which is the last time where I'll have the opportunity to do it.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

If it's any consolation Otter, fairly certain the battles will likely still be going strong come the end of the weekend... 

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

So, I got bored and decided that, since I have internet today, I'd feed a crisis. Introducing Dayeth, an insane Makuta-worshipping nutcase of a Ta-Matoran who thinks everyone is a heathen, and would like nothing better than to watch the whole world burn - literally. 

You thought the Entropy Beetles were bad? They're the least of your worries now. 

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/11192-bzprpg-le-wahi/page-77?do=findComment&comment=734308

Now you can all burn together. 

Well, it's good that I decided to make my Vortixx get hired as a mercenary by the Legacy and move him from Le-Wahi to Ko-Wahi. Bashing skulls is much more fun than pest control or extinguishing forest fires :P

Also, 30 widgets on Zaktan.  :)

Edited by Daniel the Finlander

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

You know, I even if the entropy beetles did destroy Le-koro, much like a certain other beetle like species did in canon, it wouldn't be that big of an issue... afterall we have toa of plantlife. With enough numbers and enough time, fairly certain the foundations of that village could begin again.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu