BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

Time skip? Oh, that'll be interesting. Any hints as to what will be changed over that time? Or is it a dirty little secret? ;)

It'll only be a couple of in-game days, and it'll only apply to Ko-Koro. What will happen in that time, essentially, is that the Mangaia Pact's control over the Koro will be established.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Time skip? Oh, that'll be interesting. Any hints as to what will be changed over that time? Or is it a dirty little secret? ;)

It'll only be a couple of in-game days, and it'll only apply to Ko-Koro. What will happen in that time, essentially, is that the Mangaia Pact's control over the Koro will be established.

Ah, gotcha! I'm just wondering about the current state of the game. It seems like there's a lot of Koro-Specific struggles, and though the others are involved, I'd like to see more island wide threats as big and centralized as Makuta. Ones that bring the island together and the matoran as a kind. The story seems a little divided and there's no large arc that involves everyone.

That's actually part of the point, Banana. The last big threat was defeated last Volume, and when this one started the island was supposed to be at peace. The Koros spent a while on edge around each other, and no sooner did they calm down a new threat emerged. The Piraka, then the Legacy, and finally the culmination in the Mangaia Pact. 

Which, I might add, has done what no villain in the history of the present history has done. They've actually taken an entire Koro, deposed its rulers, and solidified control. Most of the people on the island don't know about this yet, but when they do, they'll have to take the threat seriously. The point, as I see it, is that even without the Makuta his remnants have molded themselves into something almost more potent.

All it took was a few masks, a few weapons, and a bit of antidermis. And all of a sudden, a Koro has fallen in what is, supposedly, a time of peace. 

It's an islandwide issue. :P

• Upvote 2

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

That's actually part of the point, Banana. The last big threat was defeated last Volume, and when this one started the island was supposed to be at peace. The Koros spent a while on edge around each other, and no sooner did they calm down a new threat emerged. The Piraka, then the Legacy, and finally the culmination in the Mangaia Pact. 

Which, I might add, has done what no villain in the history of the present history has done. They've actually taken an entire Koro, deposed its rulers, and solidified control. Most of the people on the island don't know about this yet, but when they do, they'll have to take the threat seriously. The point, as I see it, is that even without the Makuta his remnants have molded themselves into something almost more potent.

All it took was a few masks, a few weapons, and a bit of antidermis. And all of a sudden, a Koro has fallen in what is, supposedly, a time of peace. 

It's an islandwide issue. :P

I guess I see, it just feels like something less involved, but with the time skip the whole island will know of this. I guess it's a pretty big deal...

I'm just wondering, what exactly is the main villain right now? I know there's the Pirkaka (but they seem more like trouble makers right now? I'm not sure), the Brotherhood of Ak rei aIdon'tevenknow is a thing something, the Legacy is apparently something now.

What are the last two even? What's happening... who are they, where do they come from?

I guess I see, it just feels like something less involved, but with the time skip the whole island will know of this. I guess it's a pretty big deal...

I'm just wondering, what exactly is the main villain right now? I know there's the Pirkaka (but they seem more like trouble makers right now? I'm not sure), the Brotherhood of Ak rei aIdon'tevenknow is a thing something, the Legacy is apparently something now.

What are the last two even? What's happening... who are they, where do they come from?

The Brotherhood of Ak'Rei'An is a necromantic cult dedicated to an eponymous 'fallen angel of Mata Nui'. They 'convert' people into worshippers via a combination of brainwashing and torture, and are able to create permanent semi-intelligent zombies.

The Legacy, or by its full name the Legacy of Makuta, is an organisation of former agents of Makuta led by Echelon. They've actually existed since the beginning of the Arc, but they haven't acted openly until now. After Makuta's fall, Echelon exploited the resulting power vacuum to rally as many of his old servants as possible. A sub-group of the Legacy is the Nightfall, a sort of 'inner circle' (or, indeed, elite strike team) of some of Echelon's most powerful allies.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

There is no direct primary antagonist. There's the Mangaia Pact which is a group comprised of the Legacy and the Piraka, as well as the Brotherhood. To answer your other questions:

-The Brotherhood of Ak'Rei'An is a group of cultists who worship Ak'Rei'An. They primarily operate in secret, and are capable of creating actual zombies without the use of a Tryna. They're a creation of Mr. House.

-The Legacy is exactly what it says on the tin. They're Makuta's Legacy, comprised mostly of former servants of Makuta. Echelon is the de facto leader because he is the highest ranking servant left. They're a relatively large group, as every Makuta worshipper left on the island is loosely affiliated with them. A subset of the Legacy is 'Nightfall'; they are not referred to by such a name in-game, at least not so far, but they are essentially the Legacy's elite strike team.

These three groups combined are the Mangaia Pact, the coalition of most of the evil beings on the island, and certainly the most powerful. They are the sole group with access to the Vault Loot, and the group responsible for the taking of Ko-Koro.

Darnit, Ghost.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

I find it highly amusing that there exists a Toa Team that voluntarily named themselves the Toa Voya.

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

"Sniff" I feel so honored that two of my characters made it into one of Roman's "rants." Lol.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

I find it highly amusing that there exists a Toa Team that voluntarily named themselves the Toa Voya.

It's not a reference to the Inika/Voya Nui arc, but rather to what Voya actually means in Matoran; journey or voyage. We're on a journey around Mata Nui, searching for Toa to join us. 

Going back to ships, the ship my character is starting with is a small Ga-Koronan cargo ship with two broadside cannons and one swivel gun. It kinda looks like the picture I posted on page 335, but less modern and more Matoran-y. I have named it the Spirit of Lhii. 

Also, he's evil. If there were white cat Rahi, he'd have one just to laugh maniacally and pet it.

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

"Sniff" I feel so honored that two of my characters made it into one of Roman's "rants." Lol.

You feel honoured? Good. You should. :D

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Only a room? How dare you!

In other news, it looks like the Maru are attempting to infiltrate The Sanctum. I predict much explodiness in the near future.

• Upvote 1

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

It's not a reference to the Inika/Voya Nui arc, but rather to what Voya actually means in Matoran; journey or voyage. We're on a journey around Mata Nui, searching for Toa to join us. 

...last time I checked, Voya is the Matoran term for doom.  Voya Nui = Island of Doom.  Yeah.

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

The Toa Doom? Oh yeah, that has a nice ring to it. Assuming your team are Dark Toa, that is.

two broadside cannons and one swivel gun

*heavy disk launchers

*swivel-mounted disk launcher

No cannons allowed. We try to keep gunpowder weaponry to a minimum ;)

Really? That's kinda lame. I'll fix up his character profile and plop him into my profiles thread.

One more thing; how does the Vault Loot work, anyways? I'm a little confused about it. I read the instructions, but something isn't clicking in my head.

EDIT: Um... Voya Nui doesn't mean Island of Doom. To quote BS01;

Voya (VOE-yah)

Voyage Edited by IcarusBen

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

76561198041367047.png

Send a PM to one of the Piraka players if you want Vault Loot. If you want antidermis, you have to PM Zaktan's player. If you want new tech, PM Avak's player. The other four are for anything else. Except perhaps Hakann.

Edited by Roman Torchwick

You don't have to join a particular group. Some of the Piraka might try to make you swear loyalty to them if you do it IC, but most don't follow up on it.

I wouldn't say that you'd have to join a faction to do so, but it might help the conversation in the Vault go a bit smoother if you did.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Only a room? How dare you!

In other news, it looks like the Maru are attempting to infiltrate The Sanctum. I predict much explodiness in the near future.

And Dravennica is the only one who currently has eyes on the doors... 

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

See, that's what I'm confused about. Apart from being evil, are there any prerequisites? Do I have to join one of the two factions? Can I have a character just starting out use one of these? 

There isn't a prerequisite, per se. You bargain with one of the Piraka, and they're free to demand whatever they want. Some might demand loyalty, others might demand you do something, but at the end of the day, what they require is up to them. That said, the real prerequisite is being someone they'd be willing to give loot to.

Namely, someone who'll use it against their enemies and not against them.

fK5oqYf.jpg

To create such a thing would be against both plot and the point of Vault loot. Vault loot is a way to provide an edge to villains, because up until it was released, villains were notoriously difficult to pull off in the current climate.

The purpose of Vault loot was to create potent threats. To create such a thing for good characters, at this point in time, would be defeating the point. :P

fK5oqYf.jpg

Ninja'd.

Edited by Roman Torchwick

Just a thought/question:

Might we see any of the legendary masks or perhaps some more new ones in the RPG? Not necessarily as just items but more like parts of the plot arcs, where there is a race between good and evil to gain control? Sounds pretty exciting to me!

Legendary Masks aren't something we use lightly, especially the ones from canon. Could it happen? Of course it could. There are very few aspects of canon that are completely off of the table. What it boils down to, however, is that we don't craft plots around them. The BZPRPG universe is one fundamentally different from canon in many, many ways and our plots reflect that.

What Tyler said about canon characters is very applicable here too. If we think of a plot and a Legendary Kanohi, or a similar aspect of canon, seems like something that would fit very well with it, we'll use it. But we won't go out of our way to force one in.

fK5oqYf.jpg

Of course, there ARE things that are left to the discretion of the individual, like Matoran biology and the organic/inorganic ratio. I know several RPers use the "humans in armor" idea, while others (including me) visualize the Matoran as they look in TLR.  

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

76561198041367047.png

I believe Greg has said that MU inhabitants - Toa, Matoran, etc. - are 70% mechanical, 30% organic.

For the purposes of the RPG, I simply invert that. 30% mechanical, 70% organic.