BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

Since Dorian apparently won't be giving Natharius' spear back anytime soon (ever), he'll be needing a new one.

Who's the best blacksmith on the island?

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

And I don't suppose either of them are in the general Ta-Koro area, or will do jobs for someone who has no money right now?

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Okay, two questions:

Firstly, since the Bohrok were planned as a fail-safe if Makuta lost to anyone, why have they not appeared yet, if ever? Do they not exist in this universe? Can Makuta not control them from his dimension?

Secondly, any chance of the Barraki Warlords turning up?

Okay, two questions:

Firstly, since the Bohrok were planned as a fail-safe if Makuta lost to anyone, why have they not appeared yet, if ever? Do they not exist in this universe? Can Makuta not control them from his dimension?

No they weren't.

The Bohrok were essentially the Great Spirit Robot's "cleanup" system. The camouflage system generated landmasses over exposed parts of it body when it had landed on a planet. The Bohrok wiped these landmasses clean to prepare for launch again.

In canon, Makuta simply found the Bohrok and activated them. Since their directive was to "clean up" the island, that just happened to coincide with removing all living things on it, including the Matoran.

Since the question about whether or not the GSR exists is left ambivalent, so too will the existence of the Bohrok remain so until staff says otherwise.

• Upvote 3

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Keeper: I would actually love to see pre-mutation Barraki.

so would i but i'm not gonna write a plot entirely around them just to have them. people from canon will show up, like the piraka did, if we can find a plot that they fit into naturally - and if they can lead into something even greater in the future. its not a yes or no, it's just a que sera sera type of situation

end of story.

-Tyler

• Upvote 4

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Little Announcement

I'll be on an RPG break for the next one or two days, and as such won't make any posts or respond to any PM's sent to me in the near future. If anyone needs to bunny my characters along during that time, they're free to do so.

• Upvote 1

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Keeper: I would actually love to see pre-mutation Barraki.

so would i but i'm not gonna write a plot entirely around them just to have them. people from canon will show up, like the piraka did, if we can find a plot that they fit into naturally - and if they can lead into something even greater in the future. its not a yes or no, it's just a que sera sera type of situation

end of story.

-Tyler

What I meant was I can actually envision them being in the RPG; they could fit, unlike stuff like the Visorak or something.

The times, they are a-changing...

Okay, in the light of PMs I have been getting, I need to clarify: If you want to be part of the inner circle of the revolution, your character must be an idealogue. For-profit characters may get involved in the revolution at large, but the handpicked leaders are selected for ideological purity, not their mercenary tendencies.

:w:

Agh, I have a character that would fit the idealistic bill perfectly, but I have no way of getting them to Po for any reason. Ah, well.

In other news, Tarkahn is officially open for business. I'll have to come up with a name for the Ko-Koro Shop, but if you want some cool native tech, or even some advanced native tech(approved by staff on a case by case basis), then Ko is the place to go!

Three things; 1). Me, Grimlock and Emissary are trying to assemble a Toa team in Ga-Koro, though we'll be moving to Ko-Koro within a few days, so hurry. 

Secondly, the Bohrok could be incorporated as Makuta's failsafe, but not a GSR cleansing program. Of course, we'll have to come up with a really big plot arc for that.

Thirdly, why the rule on Toa Stones? I get that they're rather important canon-wise, but if the GS keeps making Matoran into Toa, why can't already established Matoran evolve into Toa through any method except staff approval? Actually, that brings up a pretty big question. Say I create a Matoran character explicity to become a Toa, but I want to show the circumstances under which they become a Toa through some plot arc. Is that even allowed? 

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

Because Toa Stones are a reward. A Toa Transformation is a big deal. The Great Spirit hasn't kept transforming Matoran into Toa constantly, there was one influx of transformations through unspecified means a very long time ago. Around the same time that foreign entities started showing up, for reference, so it was quite a while ago. 

A Toa Stone isn't a generic event, it's a reward for exceptional roleplaying with a Matoran. You can't make a Matoran with the intent to make them a Toa, because you can't know if you will ever have the chance. It's exceedingly uncommon in-game, and that is reflected by their out of game nature. You can't just ask for a Toa transformation, nor can you expect to have one. That's just not how it works.

So, short answer, no. That isn't allowed. And Toa Stones are a reward, and something we keep a very tight leash on.

Also, there are no plans for the Bohrok. Nor are they something that will ever be used except as part of a staff handled, and run, plot. This is because of their importance, and what they mean for the world at large. 

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

They do. It has actually happened in-game recently, and it is permissible. But those Toa Stones are then under the purview of the staff, and not to be used except under circumstances we have approved.

Ferron's Toa Stone, the only one created this way, for example is stored away. Until such a time as the staff deem it permissible for it to be in play, it is a non-factor. 

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Lloyd mostly has it correct. A Toa-Turaga Transformation is mostly at the discretion of the player. It's an event that, in many ways, is supposed to signify the end of a Toa's journey so it's not something usually used. It's a change with a hefty piece of development required to attain, and even more to pull off.

Though I would recommend double checking with a staff member, the only real restriction on a Toa-Turaga transformation is what happens to the Toa Stone.

fK5oqYf.jpg