BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

Do spoons even actually exist in the BZPRPG? 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I drink soup straight from the bowl, your argument is invalid.

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

Okay. Weird as it may sound, I don't think I've ever seen someone use a spoon in this game, hence why I was asking. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

That's why I asked if they exist. I'm not trying to say that they don't exist because I'd never seen them in use. 

It'd make sense.  They already substitute crystal for metal in a lot of other things.

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

You know, I had a weird thought. The Dasaka have the same biological makeup as Toa, correct. Would that not the mean their bodies contain metallic protodermis components? Why don't they just make weapons out of their dead? i

It would bring a whole new meaning to the phrase "weapon of my ancestors".

You know, I had a weird thought. The Dasaka have the same biological makeup as Toa, correct. Would that not the mean their bodies contain metallic protodermis components? Why don't they just make weapons out of their dead? i

Do you take your uncle's femur and use it as a club?

No

No you do not. It's viewed as highly disrespectful, which is why they don't do it. Even though whacking people with the legbone of your late uncle Jim could be entertaining...

Edited by 2nd Lt. Jean Havoc

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Do you take your uncle's femur and use it as a club?

No

No you do not. It's viewed as highly disrespectful, which is why they don't do it. Even though whacking people with the legbone of your late uncle Jim could be entertaining...

Imagine an entire army destroyed, and all you see is some guy beating the tar out of a corpse using a leg

Add me on Steam!: Bionicdeadpool Productions TTV: Bionicdeadpool Twitter: Avenging_Odin

FatherlyDismalIberianmidwifetoad.gif

Next character I make is definitely getting a weapon made from a relative's body.

As for what the plan was, it would be best to move that conversation over to a PM; it's not quite ready for the general public as of yet.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Now I'm concerned...

About what, exactly?

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

That's what I was thinking too. I assumed that all they needed to do for a metal sword was to disassemble some bodies and find an experienced smith (or do it themselves).

Then I decided against it.

EDIT: wait, the smith part might be why they don't just so that. Doesn't matter if you have all the metal, where do you find somebody who knows what to do with it? Metalsmithing technology might not have developed ad far as a parallel civilization to Kentoku in our history due to the lack of material to practice with and innovate from.

EDIT 2: ninja'd while editing...

Edited by One-Eyed Construct

About what, exactly?

This mysterious "plan" of yours.

I'd note that there isn't really a reason to need a metal weapon to begin with. Crystalline protodermis, what they use for weapons, is neither breakable nor overly brittle. In contrast trying to make a weapon out of the bones of a relative is not only something that would be viewed with absolute disgust by pretty much everyone, it isn't practical. No one alive would really know how to work metal.

The only metal weapon belongs to Rayuke, and it was crafted generations upon generations ago. No one alive has experience working with metal in any significant quantity.

• Upvote 6

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Don't act like you don't already know what it is, Roman.

It's "Project Legion," of course.

And I was referring to my next Mata Nui character for my side of the whole "weapon made from a dead body" thing, by the way. Still no Kentoku characters in the works yet.

Edited by timageness411

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

To be fair, a weapon made of protodermis bones would be metal as all . Pardon the pun.

Compared to a metal blade, from what I can tell a crystal blade has several distinct pros and cons:

Pros:

• Less dulling
  • Little to no corrosion

Cons:

• Harder to maintain (sharpening, harder to fix)
  • Slightly more brittle than a metal blade (unless very high carbon)

The times, they are a-changing...

I try to make my characters brutally awesome like that.

Just ask Zenithex; before the time-skip in Ko-Koro, he stuffed some Strallix charges inside a decapitated head, lit the fuses, and proceeded to go bowling for guards.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

Zenithex is terrifying. Just plain terrifying. 

It's "Project Legion," of course. 

Oh, that. Okay. Still don't see what that has to do with Haarnak, but whatever. 

I thought that was just more crystal?

Plantlife? Seriously, the number of 'elements' they control is getting pretty ridiculous at this point.

... Do the Dasaka even have an idea of what Plasma is? Because that would be amusing.

"Would you, by any chance, have any expertise in creating, locating, whatever it is you do with your element, with plants known for their medicinal properties?"

HA

Edited by Keeper of Kraata

The times, they are a-changing...

The Dasaka are jelly of the Mata Nuians. 

Plot.

That's the shorthand answer to a good 50% of questions I've seen asked here. 

The Dasaka are also much more civilized and too reverent to their ancestors to even consider using their corpses for weapons. If the empress were to find out something like that happening I'm sure the response would be swift and severe. 

• Upvote 3