BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

Truth has been spoken.

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

But Dolphins are mammals, not fish. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

On topic, I have a pair of pirate characters in Forsi, and I've got no idea what to do with them. 

Any suggestions? 

Attempt to bail Taranis and Tenjin out of jail...?

Had to try.

• Upvote 1

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Aren't Tenjis, Andrex and Taranis all in Po-Koro, though? Not Forsi. 

I was told this was a better place to put this
Question....

What is the policy on Rahi characters? I'm asking because I was thinking of having my Matoran have tamed and ride a Catapult Scorpion or Nui-Jaga for like a mount or something. Though I figured being it is a large creature a profile may be required and possible approval due to them not actually being listed on the Playable Races.

Also can a staffer delete my post last post with this question in the Profiles topic? I guess I am not allowed to delete my own posts.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Having a Rahi as a pet is allowed, but I believe it depends on the Rahi in question. Kane-Ra, Ussal Crabs, Hapaka, and Kavinika are examples of allowable pets, but I doubt that the Staff would allow one of those two to be used.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Yeah. These sound a little too OP. Besides, I don't know if we even have catapult scorpions. 

I wouldn't be surprised if they were being saved for a special occasion.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

I doubt it. Probably nerfed for being too OP. 

When people usually make characters, they make very few over a longish pdriod of time. Meanwhiile I make characters at the relative rate in which I chow down on pork and bok choi dumplings. That means that I lose track of how many dumplings I eat because they just get picked up on the chopsticks, enter my mouth and instantly slide down my oesophagus. The rhythm of eating dumplings makes it hard for you to remember how many dumplings have been eaten because you're too busy wondering if your stomach will rupture and so when you finosh you don't remember how much you've eaten nor can your companions because they've been studiously ignoring the rapid vacuuming of foodstuffs so you have to estimate and think about thrity to forty because you're really full and you only feel fool once you hit the twenties.

That's what its like when I make characters and then I hit a character limit on the profile post because it takes up too much data and I chuck them in a word doc and then I join more plots and more characters and then they get shoved in a Gdoc and I can't be bothered counting them all because heyre spread across my documents folder, Drive and the profile post so when people ask me I go: "uhh, fifty?" Then I make more and then I realise it's actually seventy or eighty and I realise they're all undeveloped beyond one or two and then I suffer the epipyany that I am cheap Bzprpg fat food or the equivalent.

Anyway the thing is, I make lots of characters like dumplings excwpt I can't make dumplings well and the skin opens up while cooking and you just get steamed pork mince instead so what is a good way to develop character development when I return from my indefinite hiatus for reasons beyond poking at you guys in ND for no apparent reason and stalking Kray on Skype?

Thanks because politeness is virtue up here.

• Upvote 10

The trick is to count your dumplings before you eat them. 

If we assume an ideal spherical Hubert, and approximate the dumplings as point particles, then the rate of ingress of dumplings (ddumpling/dt) will be directly proportional to the surface area of Hubert, 4πr^2, multiplied by the dumpling packing density D. The constant of proportionality C can then be found empirically by observing how many dumplings Hubert consumes during a known time interval and comparing to theory.

This gives us the relationship:

ddumpling/dt = 4πCDr^2

Given the presence of a 'CD' term in the above formula, it seems logical that the same method can also be applied to RPG character creation.

• Upvote 11

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

I don't know whether to be impressed or worried that you found the time to calculate all of that. 

Edited by Roman Torchwick

And... I've just had a mild aneurysm. Eleven in the morning is way too early for math.

In an attempt to answer Hubert's question, I'd say that the first step would be to ease up on the character creation just a bit. Adding more fuel to the fire isn't going to help the situation any.

Now I can't say the same for everyone here because everyone plays differently, but the second step would be to actually spend some quality time with them and figure out who the character in question is; what their hobbies or morals are, who they hang out with, whether they'd consider blowing up an orphanage full of children, etc,

Once that has been accomplished, it's time for step three; find something that would put the character through the emotional wringer, and determine how the event changes them. Let's say one of your characters sees someone being assaulted in the street. Do they strengthen their resolve to protect the innocent? Shrug it off and go train so they can defend themselves in case it happens to them? Or do they suddenly feel the urge to go on a rampage while hopefully not repeating the same mistakes that led to the first idiot getting dragged away by the guards? Basically just find something that upsets that particular character's current status quo, decide how their mindset would normally allow them to react, and make improvements where you see fit to do so.

• Upvote 3

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

Well eleven in the morning was about an hour after I woke up, so yeah.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

Yeah well I'm like the god of fists but only Tyler worships me

And I think that's just cleverly disguised pseudo-incestuous homolust

So

groucho stache intensifies

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND