Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

That would be like Wolverine vs Magneto: Echelon would just hurl the matoran to the moon.So, a while back, we were discussing a spy organization. Do you think that this woud be a good idea to implement it? Seeing as the Turaga have been murdered and all; don't you think Mata Nui needs more intelligence?Also, Mata Nui could really use a Stormtrooper Corps (Not literally; just a highly organized infantry). Just sayin'

So when's the BZPRPG 2013 Plot Update or whatever it's called starting up?EDIT:

That would be like Wolverine vs Magneto: Echelon would just hurl the matoran to the moon.So, a while back, we were discussing a spy organization. Do you think that this woud be a good idea to implement it? Seeing as the Turaga have been murdered and all; don't you think Mata Nui needs more intelligence?Also, Mata Nui could really use a Stormtrooper Corps (Not literally; just a highly organized infantry). Just sayin'

-----------------------Voutok would probably join that if such an opportunity arose. De-Matoran + sound-dampening headsets that can be toggled to different settings = perfect eaves-dropper XD *shot* Edited by Voutok S'Tythe (Ray)

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

Oh yeah, and my current BZPRPG character bio can be found here.

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

~Voutok S'Tythe; unknown date, unknown location

Not really. I actually had a long debate on ways the Matoran could win. It's called guerilla tactics, rather than outright combat.

I think a spy organization would be really difficult to set up. Because first you would have to have the players, but more importantly, you would have to get the characters in place. The organizations you want to spy on aren't stupid. They're good about keeping their mouths shut on on information, especially to new comers.

Second, um. Hai Ussalry, hai Ta-Koro Guard, hai Marines, hai Sanctum Guard, hai Po-Koro Guard, hai Gukko Force.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

That would be like Wolverine vs Magneto: Echelon would just hurl the matoran to the moon.

Unless of course, said Matoran was smart and manipulated the location to her advantage. The outcome of a battle depends on the landscape and pre-battle planning a lot more than you seem to think. Plus, I seem to remember Friar Tuck saying something about Magnetism not being as overpowered as everyone thinks it is.

"I'll do it... If that is the choice of Stein's Gate!

I am the mad scientist, Hououin Kyouma!

Fooling the world is nothing to me!"

I'm now thinking about having my Matoran character fight Echelon, just to prove that Matoran can actually take down much more powerful foes. Said by the guy who had one of the first Matoran in the 2012 BZPRPG.

You do that. I'm sure it'll go fine :evilgrin: Edited by Illusive Ghosthands

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

I'm now thinking about having my Matoran character fight Echelon, just to prove that Matoran can actually take down much more powerful foes. Said by the guy who had one of the first Matoran in the 2012 BZPRPG.

You do that. I'm sure it'll go fine <evilgrin>

But I can't. Echelon is busy with plot related stuff. :(

"I'll do it... If that is the choice of Stein's Gate!

I am the mad scientist, Hououin Kyouma!

Fooling the world is nothing to me!"

That would be like Wolverine vs Magneto: Echelon would just hurl the matoran to the moon.
--------Unless of course, said Matoran was smart and manipulated the location to her advantage. The outcome of a battle depends on the landscape and pre-battle planning a lot more than you seem to think. Plus, I seem to remember Friar Tuck saying something about Magnetism not being as overpowered as everyone thinks it is.
--------I dislike the sexism expressed in identifying all matoran as "her"s. Just saying. *shot*

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

Second, um. Hai Ussalry, hai Ta-Koro Guard, hai Marines, hai Sanctum Guard, hai Po-Koro Guard, hai Gukko Force.

I guess you could say that... But where did all of our (PC) men go? We're not exactly lacking in men but we don't really have legions either. Is it a canon population problem or more of not that many PCs?

I think you'll find that there are more PCs than you think. But either way, it's just that not all that many PCs get made for them. Well, except Po-Koro. Po Koro really is lacking at the moment.

danke, infernavika :P

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

They went to the Ussalry. The Ussalry is full of Matoran who could take down a normal Toa on a bad day.

-----------------------

So much this. There literally isn't a single active Ussalry member who hasn't personally taken down a Toa, or the equivalent. On their own.

Those are more like Police, not military. That would be the Toa.

------------------

Sort of. In the BZPRPG, they're both. They function as a police force, yes, but they also serve as the village's military. Because in this version of things, Toa are allowed into the respective militaries. So, in a way, the Toa are the military, but not entirely.

fK5oqYf.jpg

Po-Koro is cannon fodder. Which is amusing, seeing that the population of guards there is tiny compared to the others. We can all blame Raknar and Grochi for that. EDIT:

They went to the Ussalry. The Ussalry is full of Matoran who could take down a normal Toa on a bad day.

----------------------- So much this. There literally isn't a single active Ussalry member who hasn't personally taken down a Toa, or the equivalent. On their own.

Uyism.

Edited by Space Pirate

Isn't Ta-Koro the most militarized?But yeah, what are the rules on taking control over an NPC group of soldiers?Also, what about an all-vortixx corp? Each equipped with a particle beam rifle and a beam saber?EDIT: That's why we have troopS, not troop. The more of them the better.

Edited by Constructman

Uyism may be less of an example, but she did take down a lot of Rama. And she's one of the only people who didn't get hurt in some way during 7th opening fight.

EDIT: Ta may have the most militarized village, but Onu is rapidly catching up for which is the most militaristic.

Edited by Krayzikk Bieber

fK5oqYf.jpg

Uyism may be less of an example, but she did take down a lot of Rama. And she's one of the only people who didn't get hurt in some way during 7th opening fight.

EDIT: Ta may have the most militarized village, but Onu is rapidly catching up for which is the most militaristic.

You mean after she got frozen in a block of ice?

***I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but I still think that this is a really, really stupid idea...if only because it'll never work. The player base, and most of their characters as well, are too smart to let something like this happen. All you'd get for your spy group would be "so I robbed this one dude last night" or "hey I stabbed him with a beer bottle that I broke" or "hey you see that Dorian guy omygawd he's so hawt."And a Stormtrooper Corps, be it a highly organized infantry, something like the Waffen SS, or Stormtroopers from Star Wars, would also be half impossible to make work. All the village guard groups are fine on their own, really, and if they need to join together, they will. At the moment though, they don't need to.

Po-Koro is cannon fodder. Which is amusing, seeing that the population of guards there is tiny compared to the others. We can all blame Raknar and Grochi for that.

oh hi

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

***I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but I still think that this is a really, really stupid idea...if only because it'll never work. The player base, and most of their characters as well, are too smart to let something like this happen. All you'd get for your spy group would be "so I robbed this one dude last night" or "hey I stabbed him with a beer bottle that I broke" or "hey you see that Dorian guy omygawd he's so hawt."And a Stormtrooper Corps, be it a highly organized infantry, something like the Waffen SS, or Stormtroopers from Star Wars, would also be half impossible to make work. All the village guard groups are fine on their own, really, and if they need to join together, they will. At the moment though, they don't need to.

Po-Koro is cannon fodder. Which is amusing, seeing that the population of guards there is tiny compared to the others. We can all blame Raknar and Grochi for that.

oh hi

The spy force idea could be accomplished with a couple of Iden wearers, supplemented by "body" guards. Just to point that out.

Well, I got quite a curveball in Ko-Wahi. What to do? What to do?

There are a lot of directions I could've taken, even considering the primary constraint (that Niici is, no matter what, not a protagonist, but the antagonist to another character's story -- so I can't use this experience to change her in any significant way). Finally I decided to just lay (almost) everything out.

In other news, I also wrote up the climax post to the Cultured Gentry arc, so I won't have to worry about that when the time finally comes.

For now, enjoy this piece character... stuff.

The Cards Are All Laid Out.

Edited by Emzee

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

A Matoran could only win a fight with a Toa under VERY good circumstances.

Wide open area, plenty of cover, good planning, well-prepared, and pray to Mata Nui the Toa has no means of keeping track of them (Arthron, for example), does not have an element that controls their very environment or a good deal of it, and does not have a means of keeping them in one spot to hammer away at. (Matatu, Gravity, Magnetism in a highly metallic environment to strap them to some object for the duration of the fight)

Toa vs Matoran is simple. Restrain using powers (Or catch them and headlock, raising them so their feet cannot touch the ground), beat them up until their bones are indistinguishable from their flesh and insides.

As for vs. Skakdi and Vortixx, the Matoran may not be as doomed. But still, a good piece of foreign tech and a way to restrain the Matoran (Easy for just about anything that ISN'T a Matoran, assuming you can catch them) and the Matoran's dead meat.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

On a completely irrelevant tangent, I find it kinda sad-funny that Silvan is now really into that Loophole RP and doesn't have time to readily respond to my posts anymore, so I'm basically at a standstill until it occurs to him that since I have no other characters I'm literally waiting on him before I can do just about anything in the RP XD I understand the feeling as I've done it myself before, I'm just saying the concept IS kinda funny in a sad way for those who have the "short end of the stick" =3

"Wrong."

A Matoran could only win a fight with a Toa under VERY good circumstances. Wide open area, plenty of cover, good planning, well-prepared, and pray to Mata Nui the Toa has no means of keeping track of them (Arthron, for example), does not have an element that controls their very environment or a good deal of it, and does not have a means of keeping them in one spot to hammer away at. (Matatu, Gravity, Magnetism in a highly metallic environment to strap them to some object for the duration of the fight) Toa vs Matoran is simple. Restrain using powers (Or catch them and headlock, raising them so their feet cannot touch the ground), beat them up until their bones are indistinguishable from their flesh and insides. As for vs. Skakdi and Vortixx, the Matoran may not be as doomed. But still, a good piece of foreign tech and a way to restrain the Matoran (Easy for just about anything that ISN'T a Matoran, assuming you can catch them) and the Matoran's dead meat.

I'd like to see any of your chars try to beat Tarnok, Sulov, or as far as I go, Erif.

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

TNG. Go to Onu. Read Taruok v. Liacada. Then come back and tell me a Matoran needs specific circumstances to win.Or read Sulov's fight.in the Crucible. Search Ga and you'll find it.

fK5oqYf.jpg

"A Matoran could only win a fight with a Toa under VERY good circumstances.

Wide open area, plenty of cover, good planning, well-prepared, and pray to Mata Nui the Toa has no means of keeping track of them (Arthron, for example), does not have an element that controls their very environment or a good deal of it, and does not have a means of keeping them in one spot to hammer away at. (Matatu, Gravity, Magnetism in a highly metallic environment to strap them to some object for the duration of the fight)

Toa vs Matoran is simple. Restrain using powers (Or catch them and headlock, raising them so their feet cannot touch the ground), beat them up until their bones are indistinguishable from their flesh and insides.

As for vs. Skakdi and Vortixx, the Matoran may not be as doomed. But still, a good piece of foreign tech and a way to restrain the Matoran (Easy for just about anything that ISN'T a Matoran, assuming you can catch them) and the Matoran's dead meat."

And what about against element that aren't suited to containing things? And what about after the Toa has used up all their elemental power in such an inanely complex move?

Besides, it really comes down to who has more prowess in battle (And who's the better player, but then this argument is from an IC perspective.) , and the Matoran of Mata Nui have all had centuries of more or less total war with the wildlife around them. They have to be tough to survive, otherwise they'd have all be devoured long ago. They're like the Fremen in Dune, or the historical Norsemen or Mongols, tough places create peoples tough enough to survive in them, and you seem to be ignoring that.

Edited by Javert

"The spy force idea could be accomplished with a couple of Iden wearers, supplemented by "body" guards. Just to point that out."

hahaha

>nope.avi

I'm sorry, but you seem to forget that most people on this island know their masks. And that just falls into those precautions that anybody smart would take.

And again you're left with "hey that Dorian guy is a-Dor-able" or "time to mug that guy" or something like that.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

Well, I got quite a curveball in Ko-Wahi. What to do? What to do?

There are a lot of directions I could've taken, even considering the primary constraint (that Niici is, no matter what, not a protagonist, but the antagonist to another character's story -- so I can't use this experience to change her in any significant way). Finally I decided to just lay (almost) everything out.

In other news, I also wrote up the climax post to the Cultured Gentry arc, so I won't have to worry about that when the time finally comes.

For now, enjoy this piece character... stuff.

The Cards Are All Laid Out.

Emzee, sorry to put you on the spot there, but as you know things happen. Even your characters are not immune from Tuck Character Development Syndrome, a condition that is acquired upon interaction with my charrie(s), I also understand your predicament with Niici and how you cannot significantly alter her fate. I wish that were otherwise, but all things considered I do believe you did magnificently under the conditions. Excellent case-study for everyone else.

Well, here goes my post...

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

Sorry Voutok, my time right now it a little strained and it is easier to follow Loophole then the BZPRPG.

On another note, I think the spy organization would be a good idea. The bad guys have stuff of that sort, I see no reason that we can't have one or two good ones.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Sorry Voutok, my time right now it a little strained and it is easier to follow Loophole then the BZPRPG. On another note, I think the spy organization would be a good idea. The bad guys have stuff of that sort, I see no reason that we can't have one or two good ones.
It is absolutely no problem whatsoever. I remember being in the same kind of spot as you last year in an RP not-on-this-site. That's why I find it funny =3

"Wrong."

A Matoran could only win a fight with a Toa under VERY good circumstances.

As for vs. Skakdi and Vortixx, the Matoran may not be as doomed. But still, a good piece of foreign tech and a way to restrain the Matoran (Easy for just about anything that ISN'T a Matoran, assuming you can catch them) and the Matoran's dead meat.

Or, you know, take into account the players of the two characters and not judge based solely on who's bigger and badder.

This post is all sorts of ignorant.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Speaking of matoran-run operations, could someone tell me if any of the Ga-Koro Marines (preferably a non-NPC) would be at their HQ around this time? I'm going to need one if I go the direction I think I'm about to go in the BZPRPG...

"Wrong."