• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Bionicle Mafia: Unfinished Business

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
437 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Null.

Null.
  • Members
  • Conqueror of the Swarm!

• 15-January 11
  • 699 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2014 - 12:13 AM

This is not Mafia as you know it. For one, half the players are Mafia. For another, you know who they are. But, as is my custom everyone has a role. Each night the Brotherhood and village all execute their roles' special functions. In addition Makuta chooses one player to kill, hoping to take out one with an important role. Each day, the village selects a Makuta for Helryx to kill. It repeats until a faction is wiped out. Each day and night are 24 hours each. No screenshots unless someone proves to me they can fake one and the dead can't reveal important information unless revived. Only villagers vote and they cannot vote for other villagers. You get to pick faction, role is randomly assigned. Although if you're the mole, you'll get the faction opposite your choice. Unless you decide to be a triple agent which is perfectly legitimate but you'll still have to die for your chosen side to win. Oh and there are 13 of each. How lucky. The roles are as follows:

Village:
Miserix: While a villager he is in on the Brotherhood PM
Tahu: Uses his Kanohi Hau to protect one player each night. If they are lethally targeted, they live. (medic)
Kopaka: Freezes one player each night, preventing them from acting.
Jaller: Goes all Nova blast and takes his attacker with him if he is lethally targeted. (bomb)
Turaga Vakama: Quadruple vote
Nuparu: Crafts 2 sets of armor that prevent one lethal targeting and gives them to two villagers not himself.
Axonn: Chooses one player to learn the role of each night. The target is informed that Axonn knows their role but not who Axonn is. (Detective)
Ignika: If he gets killed a blast of life energy is released, reviving all dead players.
Vezon: Confuses two players so bad they get their roles mixed up (pms are switched, powers are not)
Lhikan: Similar to Tahu but he dies after saving his target.
Mata Nui: Choose one player each night and removes their powers.
Helryx: Executes who the village votes on. She can't kill anyone else but she can refuse to kill her target. If she is killed, someone must sacrifice their current power and become the new Helryx.
Takanuva: Turns one Makuta good each night. If he is non-lethally targeted by the Brotherhood, he becomes Shadow Takanuva, choosing one villager to become Mafia each night. (He can also target members of his faction to try and convert the mole).

Brotherhood of Makuta:
Teridax: Chooses who the Brotherhood sends to kill whom and knows Ahkmou's ID. Cannot be turned good.
Antroz: Replaces Teridax if he dies.
Ahkmou: Appears to be a villager but secretly reports through me to Teridax.
Chirox: Makes three sets of armor that pemanently prevent lethal targeting but not lynching. Gives two to other Makuta and keeps one.
Vamprah: Absorbs the powers of those he kills.
Gorast: Can kill Makuta she thinks disloyal to Teridax once per night. If she tries to kill Teridax by mistake he kills her.
Mutran: Combines two other Makuta in a mad experiment. They know each other's roles and if one dies, both die, if one turns good, both do.
Icarax: Can choose to absorb one makuta each night gaining their powers.
Kuhrahk: Chooses one target each night. Kuhrahk's target gives into their anger and kills their own target regardless of their intentions.
Spiriah: He's such a failure that if anyone targets him, he dies.
Bitil: Goes back in time to kill his target, choosing which night or day. All of this persons' actions after that point are undone.
Kojol: Makes an armor eating virus which he can target one player with each night.
Krika: Can turn near invisible to flee justice, but is found when there are no distractions. He can only be lynched if he is the last Makuta.

Villagers
1.ToaRobot18
2. MT Zehvor
3. Colette Lyan
4. Captain Caboose
5. Flux: The Explorer - Helryx: Killed by Chirox on Night Three.
6. -Toa Lhikevikk-
7. Ehks - Mata Nui: Died Day 0
8. Blaizthaw
9. Pupwa21
10. Meso Zehvor - Lhikan: Killed by Spiriah on Night One.
11. Trijhak
12. Watcher on the Walls
13. Unit#phntk#1 - Tahu: Died Day 0

Brotherhood:
1. Regicidal Kaiser Mandacus
2. Chroxumo - Antroz: Absorbed by Icarax on Night Three.
3. Neo ShadowVezon
4. Sir Voltex the Blue - Armored Krika: Converted on Night Two, Quit Day Two
5. Makuta Luroka - Icarax: Killed by Gorast on Night Three.
6. tylerb0523 - Kuhrahk: Absorbed by Icarax on Night One.
7. JAG18 - Bitil: Lynched on Day Two
8. Snubby - Armored Chirox: Lynched on Day Three.
9. Aiwendil
10. Norik of Celtania - Vamprah: Killed by Gorast on Night One.
11. Quisoves Pugnat
12. The Malicious Phantom
13. Rahkshi Guurahk -Kojol: Killed by Gorast on Night Two.
Tahu walked along when suddenly he heard a noise. A very loud noise. It was the last thing he heard. Unit#phntk#1, Tahu, killed by Bitil's power scream. Mata Nui walked along when suddenly his head and neck both became positively magnetically charged. Ehks, Mata Nui, killed by Bitil's magnetism.

Edited by Toa K, Aug 12 2014 - 04:18 PM.

#2 Offline Toarobot18

Toarobot18
  • Members

• 29-January 07
  • 729 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2014 - 01:13 AM

I wish to join the village.

Posted Image
Credit to Zeddy! ------------------- Click the banner above!
And please also enjoy my other fine comedies:
The Bionicle Entrepreneur - Nuva Join the Navy - Toy Wars - A Comedy of Comics

#3 Offline Councilor Manducus

Councilor Manducus
  • Members
  • Gahlok-Kal Attacks!

• 07-December 09
  • 3,427 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2014 - 02:48 AM

Me join Brotherhood cuz me evil genius.

f495fc6cc0a66dd12aa49fce021072a1.gif

#4 Offline Dapper-Sama

Dapper-Sama
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 03-December 12
  • 458 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2014 - 03:56 AM

Too convoluted.

Maybe shoulda waited for a go-ahead first...?

Morally unambiguous.

#5 Online Chro

Chro
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui

• 07-August 12
  • 2,115 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2014 - 04:56 AM

Yeah, I agree, this is... well, I honestly don't think it's going to work. Way too chaotic by all appearances.

I guess I'll take spot 2 and join the Makuta, though. ;)

"I guess you can't kill what's already dead."

#6 Offline CHRIS PRATT

CHRIS PRATT
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • The Storyteller

• 22-December 08
  • 4,749 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jul 28 2014 - 06:44 AM

Spot 4 on the brotherhood

b3_chapter_1.jpg

#7 Offline Rahkshi Guurahk

Rahkshi Guurahk
  • Members
  • Makuta Conquered!

• 09-July 10
  • 592 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2014 - 07:18 AM

Spot 13 in Brotherhood.

(Calling it now I'm, Kuuhrahk)

(Also you misspelled Antroz in the roles list)

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

#8 Offline Neo ShadowVezon

Neo ShadowVezon
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 11-October 12
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2014 - 07:38 AM

I'll join the Legion of Doom too, considering I'm evil.

(Of course I mean the Brotherhood. You think I would compare the Toa to the Legion of Doom? This is the one time the good guys are properly good, instead of bloodlusted anti-heroes.)

"Master of Shadows"

"OOC: So now we get to fight in a burning magnetic cyberspace castle, above a tsunami filled with magnetic flying explosive sharks, where bricks and sharks are being magnetically flung around the room, two people are hugging/tickle-dancing, one person has had his chest explode, and the rules of time and space have completely forgotten that they are supposed to exist. This round is awesome."

-ShadowVezon, Bionifight Ultimate Page 146, #5816

whatcolor_isblack.jpg

#9 Offline Tenth Norik

Tenth Norik
  • Members
  • Kohrak-Kal Attacks!

• 06-November 11
  • 2,875 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2014 - 08:14 AM

Spot 10 on the Brotherhood.

MTG Dual Colour

http://www.bzpower.c...pages/?p=547065 My BZPRPG Character Profiles

#10 Offline Null.

Null.
  • Members

• 15-January 11
  • 699 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2014 - 08:22 AM

Why does no one want to be a good guy? Because they can't kill each other unless mind-controlled maybe?

#11 Online Monado Boy

Monado Boy
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Emerging Mata Nuian Protector

• 11-November 08
  • 1,638 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2014 - 08:33 AM

Uh

Spot...

no spot 15 for me ;-;

spot 7 village

7f12dd01955fb061046287bd68a97ab1.png

Otherwise known as Ehks

Steam Name: Ehksidian

Active BZPRPG characters:Zarok, Adov

#12 Offline KITTENS FOR FISTS

KITTENS FOR FISTS
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Pahrak-Kal Attacks!

• 09-July 07
  • 2,658 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2014 - 08:47 AM

Spot 11 in the Brotherhood.

:evilgrin:

Call me Pulse, or Trijhak, doesn't matter if I happen to be cheddar or cat. 

#13 Offline Unit#phntk#1

Unit#phntk#1
  • Premier Member
  • Stalwart Defender

• 26-January 08
  • 402 posts

Posted Jul 28 2014 - 09:24 AM

Spot 13.1 in the Village.

~Unit#phntk#1

phantoka.png

GENERATION 2: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Credit to The Snake Master for my avatar and Spectral Avohkii Enterprizes for the banner.
PM me if you find this sentence and I will put you on the list below. State you found the Invisi-TextTM.

BZP Mafia: Where trimming an iBrow is less wise than disgracing a German emperor.

If you play Minecraft and are not on my list, PM me.
Who has found the above sentence: Dead, Makuta of Xhini Nui, Millennium has Chortles!, 2Tie, }=Shade Masquerade={, Icicle, imperial officer, Toa Dovydas, ~Spark~, Paranoid Andriod, Exo-Kaghrahk, kalhiki, Neelh of Suburbria, Globin, Kohu Furno, -Blackout-, (Insert Name Here), Nujuat, Toa of Dancing(Beat and Rythm), Kazi toa of ice, Waffles, It's a Zaranya!, kanohi_master, MoC1: Technic Gladiator, Lord Darkon, Wotsiznaim, Gatanui, Blade, Sumiki,

#14 Offline Pupwa21

Pupwa21
  • Banned Members
  • Toa

• 17-April 10
  • 112 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2014 - 09:26 AM

Spot 9.
Village.

Looks like it's the end of the line for 21.

#15 Online Makuta Luroka

Makuta Luroka
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Co-President of the Oligarchy of MOPE

• 21-June 08
  • 990 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2014 - 09:50 AM

Spot 2427135

--:m::a::k::u::t::a: :l::u::r::m_o::k::a:

card_newmat.png
biofighter_banner_platform.png
Read my epic, Hydranus' Log

#16 Online JAG18

JAG18
  • Members
  • Aquatic Guardian

• 20-February 14
  • 378 posts

Posted Jul 28 2014 - 10:00 AM

Spot 7 in the Brotherhood.  

#17 Offline The Phantom Terror

The Phantom Terror
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 18-February 13
  • 1,275 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2014 - 10:08 AM

Joining. Spot 12 in Brotherhood please.

Edited by The Malicious Phantom, Jul 28 2014 - 10:14 AM.

14612551615_f885b55eb5_o.jpg

|+| Flickr |+| MOCpages |+| Facebook |+| YouTube |+|

|+| Rock Raiders United |+| SOLISMagna |+| Tumblr |+| TTV |+|

#18 Offline Null.

Null.
  • Members

• 15-January 11
  • 699 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2014 - 10:22 AM

Spot 2427135

Given your screen name, I'll assume you wanted to be a Makuta. Let me know if I'm wrong.

#19 Online Makuta Luroka

Makuta Luroka
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 21-June 08
  • 990 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2014 - 10:54 AM

Spot 2427135

Given your screen name, I'll assume you wanted to be a Makuta. Let me know if I'm wrong.

yes makuta

card_newmat.png

#20 Offline An/A Blade

An/A Blade
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Disintegration Resolved

• 11-August 07
  • 6,994 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2014 - 11:08 AM

... Wow, even Unit got spot 13 ahead of me, he never does that. .-.

... any spot, I guess. Village.

#21 Offline MT Zehvor

MT Zehvor
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Mask of Time Discovered

• 29-May 07
  • 4,252 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2014 - 11:10 AM

I'll join the village cause nobody else will.

Though I have a number of questions about this particular role:

Bitil: Goes back in time to kill his target, choosing which night or day. All of this persons' actions after that point are undone.

This role seems...beyond problematic.

For one, are the votes that the now dead villager cast undone as well? So if, in round 5, Bitil goes back in time to round 1 to kill someone, are that person's votes between rounds 1-5 now null? And if so, can the person being lynched in those rounds change as a result?

For two, if the Ignika role is killed on night one, is the reviving effect limited to that night alone, meaning that the players that have died since are not revived?

For three, if he kills a player with a shield who successfully protected another person with his shield later on in the game (i.e. he goes back in time to kill the Tahu role in round one, but Tahu saved Axonn from death in round 2, is Axonn dead now?)

For four, if he kills a role in the past that killed a Makuta in the slightly more recent past, is that action undone? And if so, does that Makuta get to use his role powers for the rounds that he was "dead," but now isn't dead thanks to time traveling? So, for example, if Gorast was killed in round 3 by attacking Jaller, but Bitil goes back in time to kill Jaller himself, can Gorast make up for the kills she didn't get to do since she was "dead" in those rounds?

-MT

Edited by MT Zehvor, Jul 28 2014 - 11:11 AM.

Dai_Gyakuten_Saiban_Sherlock_Ryunosuke.j

#22 Offline Null.

Null.
  • Members

• 15-January 11
  • 699 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2014 - 11:43 AM

For one, are the votes that the now dead villager cast undone as well? So if, in round 5, Bitil goes back in time to round 1 to kill someone, are that person's votes between rounds 1-5 now null? And if so, can the person being lynched in those rounds change as a result? That is correct.

For two, if the Ignika role is killed on night one, is the reviving effect limited to that night alone, meaning that the players that have died since are not revived? Only those killed on or before night one would be revived.

For three, if he kills a player with a shield who successfully protected another person with his shield later on in the game (i.e. he goes back in time to kill the Tahu role in round one, but Tahu saved Axonn from death in round 2, is Axonn dead now?) Yes, Axonn would be dead.

For four, if he kills a role in the past that killed a Makuta in the slightly more recent past, is that action undone? And if so, does that Makuta get to use his role powers for the rounds that he was "dead," but now isn't dead thanks to time traveling? So, for example, if Gorast was killed in round 3 by attacking Jaller, but Bitil goes back in time to kill Jaller himself, can Gorast make up for the kills she didn't get to do since she was "dead" in those rounds? Only if she notices the scene has been edited.

-MT[/quote]

It's an experiment, I admit, but isn't that what side games are for? But if Bitil stops a significant number of people from playing the game, I'll tone him down.

#23 Offline MT Zehvor

MT Zehvor
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 29-May 07
  • 4,252 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2014 - 11:51 AM

For one, are the votes that the now dead villager cast undone as well? So if, in round 5, Bitil goes back in time to round 1 to kill someone, are that person's votes between rounds 1-5 now null? And if so, can the person being lynched in those rounds change as a result? That is correct.

For two, if the Ignika role is killed on night one, is the reviving effect limited to that night alone, meaning that the players that have died since are not revived? Only those killed on or before night one would be revived.

For three, if he kills a player with a shield who successfully protected another person with his shield later on in the game (i.e. he goes back in time to kill the Tahu role in round one, but Tahu saved Axonn from death in round 2, is Axonn dead now?) Yes, Axonn would be dead.

For four, if he kills a role in the past that killed a Makuta in the slightly more recent past, is that action undone? And if so, does that Makuta get to use his role powers for the rounds that he was "dead," but now isn't dead thanks to time traveling? So, for example, if Gorast was killed in round 3 by attacking Jaller, but Bitil goes back in time to kill Jaller himself, can Gorast make up for the kills she didn't get to do since she was "dead" in those rounds? Only if she notices the scene has been edited.

-MT[/quote]

It's an experiment, I admit, but isn't that what side games are for? But if Bitil stops a significant number of people from playing the game, I'll tone him down.

...could we possibly get some answers to those questions?

-MT

#24 Offline KITTENS FOR FISTS

KITTENS FOR FISTS
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Pahrak-Kal Attacks!

• 09-July 07
  • 2,658 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2014 - 11:58 AM

He did. They're right after your questions.

Call me Pulse, or Trijhak, doesn't matter if I happen to be cheddar or cat. 

#25 Offline Null.

Null.
  • Members

• 15-January 11
  • 699 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2014 - 11:59 AM

I did answer them. Look at the last sentence of each paragraph.

#26 Offline Flux: The Explorer

Flux: The Explorer
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 08-November 11
  • 1,301 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2014 - 12:03 PM

I think I'll take spot 5 for the village.

pWPTu7m.jpg

Credits go to Strack for the awesome sprite.

"Everyone wondered what powered Zane. I don't know if we'll ever know. I like to

think he was a brother. Because he powered me... and he'll still power me as his memory lives on.

A ninja never quits and a ninja will never be forgotten. Wherever you are Zane...

you'll always be one of us..."

~ Kai, Ninjago

#27 Offline Dapper-Sama

Dapper-Sama
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 03-December 12
  • 458 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2014 - 12:32 PM

I just have one question: What happens if Bitil kills Axonn, and Axonn revealed the roles he investigated before he died?

Morally unambiguous.

#28 Offline CHRIS PRATT

CHRIS PRATT
  • Premier Member
  • The Storyteller

• 22-December 08
  • 4,749 posts

Posted Jul 28 2014 - 12:46 PM

Then axonn is a royal first class sore loser.

b3_chapter_1.jpg

#29 Offline Dapper-Sama

Dapper-Sama
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 03-December 12
  • 458 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2014 - 12:56 PM

But how would that end up reverted? All the players would know.

(by that I meant he revealed them as he investigated)

Morally unambiguous.

#30 Offline Null.

Null.
  • Members

• 15-January 11
  • 699 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2014 - 01:02 PM

Then someone else would kill Axonn before Bitil needed to, probably.

Edited by Toa K, Jul 28 2014 - 01:12 PM.

#31 Offline MT Zehvor

MT Zehvor
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 29-May 07
  • 4,252 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2014 - 01:28 PM

Sorry, missed them inbetween the messed up quotations and the similar font.

-MT

#32 Offline An/A Blade

An/A Blade
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Disintegration Resolved

• 11-August 07
  • 6,994 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2014 - 01:58 PM

I'd think some things WOULDN'T be reverted; like that. You can't undo given knowledge, after all. You can tell them not to tell anyone else, but it'd otherwise be a paradox.

#33 Offline Toarobot18

Toarobot18
  • Members

• 29-January 07
  • 729 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2014 - 02:29 PM

A time-traveling role of this sort is not unheard of. There are mafia games I have read about that took place on other forums which had roles that did pretty much the same thing. I can't vouch for how well those games worked out since I didn't participate, but the idea itself has definitely been tried before.

Posted Image

#34 Offline Null.

Null.
  • Members

• 15-January 11
  • 699 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2014 - 03:15 PM

Sorry, missed them inbetween the messed up quotations and the similar font.

-MT
Im having to use a phone.

#35 Offline Captain Caboose

Captain Caboose
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 07-December 12
  • 1,543 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2014 - 03:19 PM

Sign me up for whatever side.

BZPRPG Profiles

Flaredrick Seria - Potas -'Jet Fire' -'Razor'- 'Infector' - Reso 'Vo - Kasrar 'V- Ludvin va Betravo - Vallen Tor - Molvr Kalr

#36 Offline MT Zehvor

MT Zehvor
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 29-May 07
  • 4,252 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2014 - 03:20 PM

Sign me up for whatever side.

Join the village.

We're giving away free copies of Bastion.

-MT

#37 Offline Captain Caboose

Captain Caboose
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 07-December 12
  • 1,543 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2014 - 03:30 PM

Never really heard of that game and don't know what it's about so no. Unless your giving away a preorder for Destiny then sure.

BZPRPG Profiles

Flaredrick Seria - Potas -'Jet Fire' -'Razor'- 'Infector' - Reso 'Vo - Kasrar 'V- Ludvin va Betravo - Vallen Tor - Molvr Kalr

#38 Offline CHRIS PRATT

CHRIS PRATT
  • Premier Member
  • The Storyteller

• 22-December 08
  • 4,749 posts

Posted Jul 28 2014 - 03:36 PM

The brotherhood is giving away copies of Destiny.

b3_chapter_1.jpg

#39 Online Makuta Luroka

Makuta Luroka
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 21-June 08
  • 990 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2014 - 03:38 PM

The brotherhood is giving away copies of Destiny.

And upvotes, too: 

card_newmat.png

#40 Offline Toarobot18

Toarobot18
  • Members

• 29-January 07
  • 729 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2014 - 03:39 PM

The village is giving away copies of Unity and Duty.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users